It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck Vows To Single-Handedly Destroy 'Glee' - Video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
He doesn't have anything better to worry about? That guys jumped the shark a long time ago.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by boncho
Glen Beck is an idiot.

Second line.

Still an idiot...

I'm not so sure of that. I think he might actually be rather clever.

People who take him seriously, though, are idiots.

Press Announcement of Covert tactics indeed.
ETA I have never seen this Glee they all speak of.
edit on 18-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

Well, in terms of how he has marketed and sold himself, you are correct he is a genius. A genius with false conviction and no dignity whatsoever.

In my books, that's an idiot.

An idiot, dolt, or dullard is a mentally deficient person, or someone who acts in a self-defeating or significantly counterproductive way.

Link

I guess it's my interpretation, but I think that anyone who sells themselves out is counterproductive to who they are, fitting in with the definition.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Wow - so he's actually admitting in public that he wants a "covert" conservative version of "Glee"??

Really?? doesn't admitting you're engaged in a conspiracy sort of defeat the purpose of it being "covert"??

I know the guy has followers......which is kind of sad.....and I guess they tend to follow the message rathe than the personality - clearly ther's a lack of critical thinking going on in that head!

2012.talkingpointsmemo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Try looking at it from the other side. What you are criticising on the right is already present in Glee by the left.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I used to listen to glenn but it's been awhile now. In my opinion he gives true conservatives a bad rep. He seems like he always has his hands in something or is trying to create unnecessary drama. I think he could get his points across if he would calm down and focus. I'm by no means a leftist, very far from that, but this guy just kinda scares me sometimes.
edit on 6/18/2012 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Wow - so he's actually admitting in public that he wants a "covert" conservative version of "Glee"??

Really?? doesn't admitting you're engaged in a conspiracy sort of defeat the purpose of it being "covert"??

Try looking at it from the other side. What you are criticising on the right is already present in Glee by the left.

so someone on "the left" has said that "Glee" is a covert attempt to make america communist or somethnig??

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
As much as I find myself disliking GB, the title to the article is very misleading. Although Glee as far as the storylines are horrible, it is very well produced. He wants to put out something with that kind of production without the underaged sex. The way I look at it, we don't need anymore High School Musicals and God forbid a T.V. show.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I wonder how many of you became instant Glee fans the instant Beck came out against it.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

:lol
h yeah,wanker of the year award for beck

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
Although Glee as far as the storylines are horrible, it is very well produced. He wants to put out something with that kind of production without the underaged sex. The way I look at it, we don't need anymore High School Musicals and God forbid a T.V. show.

The storylines are groundbreaking.

You haven't watched it if you think its all about underage sex.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455
I wonder how many of you became instant Glee fans the instant Beck came out against it.

Because this siet is anonymous I can confess to having enjoyed watching a handful of Glee episodes without being outed!!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
If it not Glee its gonna be something else.

At least they actually knows its drama.

I say, let it glee.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Well I hate 'Glee', but I also hate Beck....not sure if I have a horse in this fight.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Glenn Beck attacking Glee? Why would that be exactly? It makes improbable amounts of money after all, and doing so means it is automatically American as apple pie (which is British anyway), as the existance of Mitt Romney surely bares out.

Glenn Beck wanting to put on a rival show, that is just right wing enough to turn all his minions and their children into banner waving Nazi zealots, without breaking the law, is just his style dont you think? About as subtle as a kick in the groin with a tequila chaser. How utterly loathsome.

I will say this though... If the UK was ever to go to war with the US, it wouldnt be over anything other than the existence of the show Glee... its hateful, pathetic, talentless cast, and the writing staff (who should in all fairness have their writing hands removed and replaced with sponges, so they cannot hurt anyone else) with all the sense of plot and dialogue that one would expect to get from a ten day corpse, make it the worst export in history, despite the money that is made on it. Heroin and coke also make money, although no one with any sense thanks the people that get it to our shores.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

A conservative version of "Glee"?

Isn't that the "Mickey Mouse Club"?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Bobaganoosh

I think a whitish powder was his drug of choice during his student days.

He's hyper, he cries excessively for no reason and should not be anywhere near a tv screen.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
you guys are haters. GB is great.

I wish and pray GB would return to the faith of his baptism.

I watched Glee the other evening with my family. This is what I can't
stand about Glee. The music and singing are wonderful but they have one
character saying the most vile things, ruining the purity of any young
person watching the show and you know very young kids must watching it~! While they pretend, at the same time, it's Happy Days High School.

One other, the female lead, she looks 27.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
you guys are haters. GB is great.

When I want some American political comic relief, Bill Maher is my poison, personally. Although Keith Olbermann also demands honourable mention.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I imagine this is a bit more what Glenn beck has in mind.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

so someone on "the left" has said that "Glee" is a covert attempt to make america communist or somethnig??

I think he meant that some on the right think of Glee as a covert attempt to push the Progressive movement.
Some may call it "communist", but that's just because they're so against progress (as is Beck).

I don't think it's covert at all.
It's pretty much out there. And the message that everyone is so deathly afraid of? If you're gay, straight, a Jesus freak, a virgin, Asian, black, fat, a jock, a misfit or a princess, if you have OCD or are being hit by a man, you're worth being loved and being the star of your own life.

What a disgusting message!

What would Beck's message be on his new show? If you're gay, straight, Asian, black, fat, a jock, a misfit or a princess, if you have OCD or are being hit by a man, keep it to yourself. If you're a Jesus freak or a virgin, You'll be loved and popular. And all the songs would be Christian songs nobody's ever heard. I just know it's going to be a big hit!

If you can't tell, I absolutely LOVE Glee!

Glenn Beck is a joke. Anyone who listens to him is just... I don't know... lost.
edit on 6/19/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I dont see what the big deal is. Just like Glee either you like it and watch it or you don like it and turn the channel you can do the same here. If his message resonates with an audience he'll make money. If it doesnt then he'll lose money and pull the program.

I think its a good thing that people have more choice in programming and not less.
edit on 19-6-2012 by 11235813213455 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join