It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck Vows To Single-Handedly Destroy 'Glee' - Video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Glenn Beck Vows To Single-Handedly Destroy 'Glee' - Video

2012.talkingpointsmemo.com

But it didn’t take long for Beck to snap out of his funk and start devising a way to defeat “Glee.” Beck’s secret weapon: what he jokingly calls “the Oedipus Project” (“because the left will be making out with me,” he explained to BuzzFeed this week). Essentially, the plan is to produce a conservative alternative to “Glee” that is covert enough in its conservatism to not turn people away.

“We’ve spent a year now trying to put together a push-back with artists with music, but not the stereotypical conservative Lee Greenwood music,” he told the crowd at FFC.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Wow - so he's actually admitting in public that he wants a "covert" conservative version of "Glee"??

Really?? doesn't admitting you're engaged in a conspiracy sort of defeat the purpose of it being "covert"??

I know the guy has followers......which is kind of sad.....and I guess they tend to follow the message rathe than the personality - clearly ther's a lack of critical thinking going on in that head!

2012.talkingpointsmemo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Glen Beck is an idiot.

Second line.

Still an idiot...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The only thing that Glenn Beck has single-handedly destroyed is his own career and credibility. He's a nobody now. He once was one of the most popular professional fear-mongerers and propagandists on Tell-Lie-Vision. His desire for money and willingness to do anything to achieve fame and fortune was his ultimate downfall.

He is a sham and a false prophet. He uses people's religious sensibilities to feed off their fears and line his pockets.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
While I don't like Glee, (musicals suck), and equally dislike Glenn Beck, (he's a broken tool), the thought of a "conservative" version of that waste of time makes me want to kick a puppy.

It's sad that with all that is wrong in the world, Glenn Beck chooses to attack a TV show.... And not even one that deserves attacking as much as say Toddlers in Tiaras, or Dance Moms, or the like.

What a knob.... The world would have been a better place had he slipped during his stoner days and impaled himself on his bong.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
you guys are haters. GB is great.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobaganoosh

"What a knob.... The world would have been a better place had he slipped during his stoner days and impaled himself on his bong. "

Now that is just hilarious!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobaganoosh
And not even one that deserves attacking as much as say Toddlers in Tiaras, or Dance Moms, or the like.

He is not attacking it because of music.

He is attacking Glee because of their ground breaking story lines.

Its corrupting the minds of innocent youth. By telling them its OK to be who you are.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Glenn Beck is attempting to 'take back the culture' - to roll back the progressive grip on all forms of media - that has managed to create a 'progressive meme soup' that all youngsters are marinaded in during their formative yrs.

Naturally ###SNIP### of all stripes will do anything they can to stop him - look at the way they are lynching one of their own in Murdoch for letting him get out of control on Fox news and show the workings of the progressive machinery behind the curtain, to a mass audience.
edit on Mon Jun 18 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Am I wrong for wishing Glenn Beck would single-handedly destroy Glee?

Even if it took him two hands it would be a tremendous accomplishment in holding the apocalypse at bay, worthy of being immortalized in song and sculpture.
edit on 18-6-2012 by QuestionsEverything because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I don't understand why people still waste there time listening to this guy. Might as well listen to Romney and Obama debate

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

Yet another victim of the INVENTED right vs. left divisive tactic. Buying right into the agenda of TPTB

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuestionsEverything

not at all - Glee is an atrocious piece of "entertainment"

Even if it took him two hands it would be a tremendous accomplishment in holding the apocalypse at bay, worthy of being immortalized in song and sculpture.

A little over the top perhaps - the guy is a raving lunatic after all - but yes, destroying "Glee" would be one actual positive thing he could do

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuestionsEverything

Yeah - - but then he'd have to destroy the Spin-Offs too.

It could get really messy.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
you guys are haters. GB is great.

Mr. Beck is a scripted, choreographed, entertainment industry format, designed to appeal to a certain demographic.
Merely a entity to hang advertising on to sell depends, gold coins, books, and all manner of stuff to suck in the fearful and unsuspecting viewers/listeners.

Beck is a tried and true business model, If you chose to adhere to his political cry baby antics, then fine.

I don't hate him as it's pointless to hate a company made up of all sorts of people, from writers, producers, grips, directors, A/R people, hair and makeup, UPMs, PAs, etc. They all probably think Beck is a moron.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

not at all - Glee is an atrocious piece of "entertainment"

Ahhhhhhhhhhh - - - come on - - the story lines are great for its target audience.

Its a great discussion starter on controversial subjects.

And its fun.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Glen Beck is an idiot.

Second line.

Still an idiot...

I'm not so sure of that. I think he might actually be rather clever.

People who take him seriously, though, are idiots.

Press Announcement of Covert tactics indeed.
ETA I have never seen this Glee they all speak of.
edit on 18-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobaganoosh
While I don't like Glee, (musicals suck), and equally dislike Glenn Beck, (he's a broken tool), the thought of a "conservative" version of that waste of time makes me want to kick a puppy.

I dislike both also. But kicking puppies??

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Disclaimer: I am not an advocate of animal abuse. I love them.

With that out of the way,...

I can do more by kicking a puppy, to rescue society from some imagined progressive agenda, than Glenn Beck and his "followers" can by making a conservative version of "Glee" which would probably be called "Sigh".

That's what this is...... It has to be a "Sigh-op".

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Beck isn't stealing everything he says anymore? No... he had to have stolen this from somewhere. But atleast he's not trying to be Alex Jones anymore ripping entire articles from infowars.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join