It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck Vows To Single-Handedly Destroy 'Glee' - Video

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I wouldn't call a show with Roma Downey and Della Reese "left-leaning". I always got a conservative vibe from that show. It had a lot to do with angels. Ditto for "Ghost Whisperer" if you substitute angels for ghosts..

I think TV is more reflective of society than people give it credit for. The beautiful part is that if you seek low-brow, racist and teeth-biting insanity, just check out the programming on TruTV. Glenn Beck should be their spokesperson.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
But there's ALOT of sex in Glee.

True. It's not for little kids.
But me .. not being a kid .. I like the show.

The Glee Project ... okay, I looked it up. It starts at 10:00 pm which is way too late for me. The autoimmune usually wipes me out by 8:00. BUT .. I found it on demand. I can see episodes 200, 201, 202. YIPEE. I hope it's as good as the original. It'll be hard to do ....

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455
I dont see what the big deal is. Just like Glee either you like it and watch it or you don like it and turn the channel you can do the same here. If his message resonates with an audience he'll make money. If it doesnt then he'll lose money and pull the program.

I think its a good thing that people have more choice in programming and not less.
edit on 19-6-2012 by 11235813213455 because: (no reason given)

But Beck is not vowing to provide diversity in entertainment.
He is vowing to destroy one thing with the creation of another.
You know, cuz he loves free speech and all.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

I think TV is more reflective of society than people give it credit for. The beautiful part is that if you seek low-brow, racist and teeth-biting insanity, just check out the programming on TruTV. Glenn Beck should be their spokesperson.

Exactly right!

Entertainment and TV programming in particular is decided by bean counters in cubicals. There is no moral agenda! It's all about how to produce a product for the least amount of money, quickly, hang on the appropriate ads for the targeted demographic and bail when it falls out of favor, and move on to the next fad.

I've been a producer/director for a short time but it didn't take me long to learn that it's strictly business. No grand conspiracy to corrupt the morals of a country. That was taken care of long ago.

My next production/show will be fat women in skimpy attire, wrestling and eating gross food for prize money and a shopping spree at WalMart. All I need now are some venture capitalists to float this boat.

No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public....H. L. Mencken
edit on 19-6-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
What's so great about the 50s is Selective Memory - - - and keeping stuff behind closed doors.

What are you talking about?
It was amazing!
There was no real crime. People just sometimes went a little cookoo or maybe drank too much. Lot's of women did not get abused, they instigated their husbands to violence BUT that kept the family together. There was none of this two sets of parents, a step on each side, crap back then cuz women learned to stop getting themselves hit and could get Valum soo easily.
Did I mention the lack of well...you know...colored folks at your places of work and golf clubs and neighborhoods and restaurants and stuff?
Besides, like I said that not only was there less crime and more just going a li'l cookoo. Children almost never got raped because most of the children having sex with daddy only existed in mommy's "medication" induced blind spot.
Oh and everyone was Christian and was good.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Wow - so he's actually admitting in public that he wants a "covert" conservative version of "Glee"??

Really?? doesn't admitting you're engaged in a conspiracy sort of defeat the purpose of it being "covert"??

Try looking at it from the other side. What you are criticising on the right is already present in Glee by the left.

so someone on "the left" has said that "Glee" is a covert attempt to make america communist or somethnig??

What I am saying is people on the right think Glee, as well as some other tv Dramas, are pushing a left leaning agenda. Those people going after beck for what he wants to do are ignoring the fact that the left has already done what beck wants to do for the right.

If its idiotic for Beck to do so, then what does it make those on the left who already did it?

People on the right keep claiming that the entertainment industry has some agenda. I thought you all worshiped the free market? See, Hollywood puts out...what people want to buy. Remember the Fox News Half Hour Comedy hour? No? Remember Sarah Palin's movie breaking box office records? No? Me either. Remember the huge gay love scene in every movie that came out last year? No? If people did not want to watch Glee, it would not be on. It is not the other way around where shows are built around agendas and then forced on people.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Can you record it? I have become the recording queen for shows that my husband doesn't like.

reply to post by habitforming

You should really win an award for that post! I wish I'd written it!
Perfect.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Can't Glen and glee both just wither up and die?
I say both sides can be happy!

Maybe we can work Al Jones in on the deal as well.

(Edit)
And as for 99 percent of this crap on tv, I wish most of it would just go away.
Bring back Star Trek, if someone wants me on the fast track to a "new world order" make it the world Gene Roddenberry envisioned and I am there.
I already got my communicator, I just need a tricorder, holodeck, phaser, (set to stun of course
) cool spaceship, and a transporter.

edit on 19-6-2012 by g146541 because: All I need to know, I learned from Star Trek

edit on 19-6-2012 by g146541 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2012 by g146541 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I wanna see those short skirts come back in vogue!!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

He'll have no power if no one watches. So dont watch. Tell all your friends not to watch.

Is he really that big of a menace for setting his sights on the competition.....Glee? Maybe Glee will get even better if they have competition? As a fan you couldnt argue with that could you?
edit on 19-6-2012 by 11235813213455 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

It's QUITE over sexualized which is my problem in general. These are suppose to be sophmores and stuff and they are running around selling sex like it's going out of style.

And even though that's the norm today, it doesn't really make it right to over sexualize our youth like that.

I like their whole inclusion thing and teaching kids to be tolerant and helping them through problems though, that's a good message, but some of it, is just too much.

~Tenth
edit on 6/19/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/19/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

I don't know what's worse anymore. Those that would shield their kids from watching Glee would probably be the first in line with their children at the cinema to see Iron Man, Star Wars, Transformers... Movies where the goal is to blow things up and kill.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Glenn Beck is a clown, a complete distraction from the real issues.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I dunno, I see my kids being sold sex more and more through more and more avenues and although Glee is not nearly the worst perpatrator of that in any sense, to me it's still sort of, part of the problem.

~Tenth

I'm raising a 12 year old granddaughter who looks a lot like Dakota Fanning - - except her coloring is darker - - and she has green eyes.

I'm raising her near the beach - - not far from Hollywood CA I'm VERY aware of overt sexual being pushed from all avenues.

I'm still not seeing it in Glee.

Let me tell you: PICK THEIR FRIENDS. And whatever age they are - - make them stay that age for the whole year - - and discuss what new freedoms and privileges they can earn for the next year.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I don't know what's worse anymore. Those that would shield their kids from watching Glee would probably be the first in line with their children at the cinema to see Iron Man, Star Wars, Transformers... Movies where the goal is to blow things up and kill.

For sure. My 4 year old grandson is just graduating from Dora and Curious George to Phineas and Ferb. I'm not particularly thrilled - - but . . .

He has a friend who's mother can't stand Nick Jr. - - and has her kids watch Angry Birds - Ninjas - Transformers - etc .

Not in this house.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Was wondering what Glenn was doing in the wilderness.
Now we know.
trying to teach the westboro baptist church to sing it seems.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bobaganoosh
What a knob.... The world would have been a better place had he slipped during his stoner days and impaled himself on his bong.

Bongs aren't pointy enough to impale anything lol!
If they were no stoners would buy them they would have boo boo's all the time

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

This has nothing to do about free market. The left can influence whatever shows they wish. What I was pointing out was the hypocrisy to go after beck for suggesting a right leaning show. If they think Beck is stupid for suggesting it, then what does it make those very same people when they ignore the fact the left does it?

Whats good for the goose.....

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

This has nothing to do about free market. The left can influence whatever shows they wish. What I was pointing out was the hypocrisy to go after beck for suggesting a right leaning show. If they think Beck is stupid for suggesting it, then what does it make those very same people when they ignore the fact the left does it?

but the left doesn't do it, it has nothing to do with "the left", it only has to do with money.
shows appear to be more "progressive" because society at large is more progressive, and viewers of tv demand more realistic and diverse programming, which makes the networks more money.
this includes more diverse casts, more drama, and on occasion, sex. of course the old adage counts here: sex sells.

calling him an idiot for trying to ride the wave of hating on glee by creating a politicized imitation of it is not hypocritical. he is an idiot because he is an attention whore, looking to get in the spot light again. he no longer gets the audience he once did so he wants to create some drama.

a conservative show wouldn't be watched by anyone anyway, what would it even consist of?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

I do not know what thread you are reading. Glenn Beck wants to DESTROY something other people like to watch. I am not sure how that is anything but stupid. If I want to paint a picture, fine. If I vow to destroy the paintings you choose to own in your home, then that is pretty stupid.

Yes it has everything to do with the free market. You seem to think the entire population got together and decided to make this show. I see conservative shows do not sell and more liberal shows do sell. Glenn Beck is complaining that something he does not like sells well.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by newcovenant

Yeah there is some kind of a nostalgic mass hallucination taking place where these people think if we can just go back to the days of the early 50's the whole country will right itself and the problems we are faced with today will go away as if they never existed. They read an old story and want to go back there...

I lived in the 50s.

Our city councilman was a pedophile. The Kindergarten teacher was arrested for being on drugs. A neighbor came banging on our door when his wife got drunk and chased him with a butcher knife. The woman and her daughter across the street were prostitutes. etc etc etc

You had to get a court order to see your school records. If a teacher wrote something negative about you - - it followed you all through school and you couldn't do anything about it.

What's so great about the 50s is Selective Memory - - - and keeping stuff behind closed doors.

And the Frank Capra movies...

I like that secrets still were secrets. Not that anything really changed much these days but the sheer transparency now makes it all look so ugly.

edit on 20-6-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join