It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck Vows To Single-Handedly Destroy 'Glee' - Video

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
So glenn Beck wants to destroy Glee? I absolutely love the guy but, I think he should lay low on this one.

The world hasn't completely forgotton about that girl back in 1990.

howgoodisthat.wordpress.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 3dman7

Thats got Alex Jones's fingerprints all over it.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Kids Incorporated yes, The Mickey Mouse Club no, and yes, I have watched these two shows when I was a kid.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Isn't Glee going to be pretty much over anyways? The kids are 'graduating' and I haven't seen them bringing in a new crop. Not really. My guess is that Glee will end on it's own and Glenn Beck will take credit for 'destroying Glee' .

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Hi FF. Actually, there's a show called "The Glee Project" in which they pick new people to be on the cast of Glee. They did it last year and several of the new kids are from that show. (The Irish guy and the Rasta Jesus freak). Many of the old cast is graduating, but there are new people to take over the school halls and the Glee club. Just like in real life.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
there's a show called "The Glee Project"

I'll look for it. In the mean time ... a link to my favorite song Glee did ...
(excellent episode!!)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It's on tonight.

That was beautiful! I'm sorry to see her leave the show. But Glenn will probably love it.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
Glenn Beck is attempting to 'take back the culture' - to roll back the progressive grip on all forms of media - that has managed to create a 'progressive meme soup' that all youngsters are marinaded in during their formative yrs.

Naturally ###SNIP### of all stripes will do anything they can to stop him - look at the way they are lynching one of their own in Murdoch for letting him get out of control on Fox news and show the workings of the progressive machinery behind the curtain, to a mass audience.
edit on Mon Jun 18 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

Yeah there is some kind of a nostalgic mass hallucination taking place where these people think if we can just go back to the days of the early 50's the whole country will right itself and the problems we are faced with today will go away as if they never existed. They read an old story and want to go back there...we all do Glenn but trouble is reality has handed us something different and we need to expand and adjust for our new fat self or you are cutting us off at the waistband. Glenn Beck, of all people, should be able to roll with that.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

there's a show called "The Glee Project"

I'll look for it. In the mean time ... a link to my favorite song Glee did ...
(excellent episode!!)

www.youtube.com...

No...tell me it ain't so.

You are a Glee fan? LMAO
I am just shocked is all...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Hey, FF has her stuff together.
I disagree with her and we fight like sisters, but we love like sisters, too, because she's not a narrow-minded poop hole.
Like Glenn Beck! Ha! Like how I tied that into the OP?

edit on 6/19/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I don't think it's covert at all.
It's pretty much out there. And the message that everyone is so deathly afraid of? If you're gay, straight, a Jesus freak, a virgin, Asian, black, fat, a jock, a misfit or a princess, if you have OCD or are being hit by a man, you're worth being loved and being the star of your own life.

If you can't tell, I absolutely LOVE Glee!

I can tell

I've watched every episode with my granddaughter - - who was 9 when it first started.

Anyone who does not watch this show with their child/grandchild - - is missing an amazing opportunity for discussion - awareness - and understanding.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Isn't Glee going to be pretty much over anyways? The kids are 'graduating' and I haven't seen them bringing in a new crop.

You haven't heard of the Glee project?

The Glee Project is an American reality television series from Oxygen. It serves as an audition for the Fox TV series Glee, and the prize for the winner is a seven-episode arc in the following season of the show. en.wikipedia.org...

EDIT: OOPS! I missed BH's post on the Glee project. Yeah that!

edit on 19-6-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Originally posted by Annee
Anyone who does not watch this show with their child/grandchild - - is missing an amazing opportunity for discussion - awareness - and understanding.

I so agree! I have to wonder if Beck has seen a whole episode, or just a few clips of some of the more "gay" moments.
Yes, Glenn, sorry to break it to you, but being gay is OK.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Yeah there is some kind of a nostalgic mass hallucination taking place where these people think if we can just go back to the days of the early 50's the whole country will right itself and the problems we are faced with today will go away as if they never existed. They read an old story and want to go back there...

I lived in the 50s.

Our city councilman was a pedophile. The Kindergarten teacher was arrested for being on drugs. A neighbor came banging on our door when his wife got drunk and chased him with a butcher knife. The woman and her daughter across the street were prostitutes. etc etc etc

You had to get a court order to see your school records. If a teacher wrote something negative about you - - it followed you all through school and you couldn't do anything about it.

What's so great about the 50s is Selective Memory - - - and keeping stuff behind closed doors.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
No...tell me it ain't so. You are a Glee fan? LMAO
I am just shocked is all...

What's not to like? Jane Lynch is my favorite character. The 'kids' are talented as hell.
I posted the link to my favorite episode that was on. Makes me cry when I listen to it.
I'm glad that the show is continuing in another incarnation.

Side note ... my two favorite characters on Two and a Half Men are the shrink and rose.
Jane Lynch plays the shrink. Those are the best scenes!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Man ... I just watch it cuz' it's good tv. It's entertaining. I like the story lines.
and the talent is awesome. I'm not over thinking it or making any kind of political
statement about it ... I just want to watch good tv. Glee is good TV ... IMHO.

I suppose some folks make it a teaching moment .. that's fine.
I just watch to watch.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Man ... I just watch it cuz' it's good tv. It's entertaining. I like the story lines.
and the talent is awesome. I'm not over thinking it or making any kind of political
statement about it ... I just want to watch good tv. Glee is good TV ... IMHO.

I suppose some folks make it a teaching moment .. that's fine.
I just watch to watch.

Oh I agree. Its fun TV. Really hard to find any TV show that's not about drugs and killing - or court shows that go with them.

But I'm raising my now 12 year old granddaughter - - - at the beach - - - a stones throw from Hollywood.

Need all the help I can get teaching awareness and everything else.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Who is Glen Beck? Why does he care about Glee so much?
I've never watched an episode. Is there a reason we need anti-Glee propaganda?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This is how desperate Glen Beck has become.

In order to stay relevant, he's started a war on Glee.

You know why he'd never be able to get a Conservative version of it on the air, that would be successfull? Cause it would be boring as hell.

And nobody wants to watch a show about how Gays are the enemy, black people are scary and how God decides who gets to live and die during the next war we wage.

Oh and cameo's from Bill Oreilly? How does that work? You can't explain that!

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Not sure if that would be considered over the top to many men ( and ladies) that have been forced to watch that garbage. Sorry, I've been reading The Game of Thrones series for the last couple of months, some of the linguistic stylings of George Martin have been creeping into my vocabulary. And lately I've been having the strongest urge to take up LARPing............

I agree with you though, Mr. Beck might just be certifiable and Glee sucks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join