It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason Some Americans Hate Immigrants...it's not because they are "illegal"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Of course I'm afraid of of illegal immigrants taking jobs. They undercut the pay by not only being tax exempt but also being able to take less pay by living 20 to a 2k square foot house. As for immigrants working harder, that's a laugh. Illegal immigrants work harder at first.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Well I live in Canada but I don't like immigrants either, some are fine but often they are a detriment to the culture, I will tell you why.

1. higher rates of crime, especially among the african ones
2. they don't learn the language of english or french
3. they don't observe local customs and fracture the community by forming groups
4. they get on welfare
5. the canadian gov FORCES gov institutions to hire them
6. they are given benefits other canadians don't have access to.
7. they try and change canada instead of changing themselves to fit in here, moving was their choice
8. they bring their religions with them, often islamic fundamentalism, which is opposed to the west.
9. they can be a national security risk, chinese have done this before in australia
10. they get preferential treatment.

The worst person in canada is an educated conservative white male apparently

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by beerbaron2002
Well I live in Canada but I don't like immigrants either, some are fine but often they are a detriment to the culture, I will tell you why.

1. higher rates of crime, especially among the african ones
2. they don't learn the language of english or french
3. they don't observe local customs and fracture the community by forming groups
4. they get on welfare
5. the canadian gov FORCES gov institutions to hire them
6. they are given benefits other canadians don't have access to.
7. they try and change canada instead of changing themselves to fit in here, moving was their choice
8. they bring their religions with them, often islamic fundamentalism, which is opposed to the west.
9. they can be a national security risk, chinese have done this before in australia
10. they get preferential treatment.

The worst person in canada is an educated conservative white male apparently

Be careful with crazy talk like that. Your going to get called a racist or a biggot. God forbid someone be gracious and thankful and try to fit in.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This whole "Oh the illegals do jobs that American's won't do is just the purest nonsense.

Take a look at the unemployment rate of teenagers in this country. High schoolers that want money for prom, the latest popular shoes or jeans.

As a teen I washed pots in a diner, and picked strawberries at a berry farm for five bucks an hour. I did it because my parents weren't going to buy me a hundred dollar pair of Jordan shoes, nor a car. I did what I had to to buy a piece of crap 1975 Pontiac Ventura for three hundred bucks. This was in 1991.

Take your "race card" elsewhere. It doesn't work anymore, no matter how many times you try to throw it. You'll keep throwing it, though, and you'll keep failing to make it stick.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

You are wrong. As I said, I personally know many illegal immigrants. None of the people I know are working as independant contractors. You are basing this on assumptions while I am drawing on personal knowledge. I obviously cannot give names of companies that I have worked for that knowingly hired illegals. But I can tell you that as a foreman for those companies, we knew who the illegals were on our crews and let them know if the INS was on the jobsite. Even if they did work as independant contractors, the employer would have to file a 1099 for that contractor to show where the money went. The IRS would go after that independant contractor to collect taxes. Even the independant cotractors pay taxes.
edit on 18-6-2012 by borracho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by borracho

You are wrong. As I said, I personally know many illegal immigrants. None of the people I know are working as independant contractors. You are basing this on assumptions while I am drawing on personal knowledge. I obviously cannot give names of companies that I have worked for that knowingly hired illegals. But I can tell you that as a foreman for those companies, we knew who the illegals were on our crews and let them know if the INS was on the jobsite.

How am I wrong? It wasnt up for debate. Its not assumption and it is personal knowledge so dont say I am wrong when you dont have a clue who I am or what I know. I know for absolute fact that here in Oklahoma many construction jobs or temporarly labor jobs pay these guys as independent contractors. I keeps the hiring company from being liable for paying health insurance on the worker and it allows them to leave the burden of paying taxes on the worker. Insurance agents work exactly the same way. It is nothing new and nothing that has not been going on for ever. But to just say I am wrong is ridiculous. Maybe your state handles this differently but in Oklahoma where we have a very large population of them that is how it works so dont tell me I am wrong. I will admit to not knowing all of my state laws in this area, but I know a lot of people that have done contract labor work at these jobsites for years, including my dad in the new home construction business and it is a common practice.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

So I guess since the American colonist couldn't fix thier home countries...they shouldn't have come to invade the Americas.

Probably not. As soon as you invent a time machine we can go back and change that.

Until then, let's not concentrate on history we cannot change while ignoring present situations we can.

Yes, we DO want the people from any country that is determined to work hard and better themselves...the ones that are fine with the state of their third world country can stay...those that want better are more than welcomed.

Now it is you who are arguing my point. that is exactly what the legal immigration process is there to accomplish. Admittedly it is bloated and inefficient, but that can be fixed... well, that can be fixed as soon as we stop the illegal immigration. No sense worrying about the front door until you put the back wall up.

Or, we could stop killing people in other countries...that uses up a lot of money as well.

Agreed.

If you aren't lazy...then you aren't included in the group of the "lazy populace"....very simple.

Oh, no, you can't pull that one!

You have made multiple references in this thread to "lazy Americans", with the obvious insinuation that all Americans are included in this description. Now you want to stop excluding those who can prove themselves not "lazy" to you?

No, no, no. You made the accusation, I called you on it, and you said:

I'm extremely lazy...

Please stop projecting your faults on others. If there is an epidemic of laziness here, perhaps you should be talking to your mirror instead of those who are not like you.

I love Americans...I'm American...my whole family is American...I wouldn't want to be anything else besides American.

Er... then judging by your accusations and generalizations and denigration of Americans in this thread, would you mind hating me? Please? Pretty please?

The fact remains, and you even admitted to it, that some Americans feel ENTITLED because of where they were born.

No, they feel ENTITLED to it because they BUILT it!

Perhaps someday you will understand that difference.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
This whole "Oh the illegals do jobs that American's won't do is just the purest nonsense.

Take a look at the unemployment rate of teenagers in this country. High schoolers that want money for prom, the latest popular shoes or jeans.

As a teen I washed pots in a diner, and picked strawberries at a berry farm for five bucks an hour. I did it because my parents weren't going to buy me a hundred dollar pair of Jordan shoes, nor a car. I did what I had to to buy a piece of crap 1975 Pontiac Ventura for three hundred bucks. This was in 1991.

Take your "race card" elsewhere. It doesn't work anymore, no matter how many times you try to throw it. You'll keep throwing it, though, and you'll keep failing to make it stick.

Yep.. Go to any McDonalds down my way and instead of high school kids they are full of immigrant workers. I wont say illegal on that because I am assuming that if McDonalds hired them they are probably legal but I bet they are still working for minimum wage and those jobs are not going to a local high school kid.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Yes, the timing is from all the replies I saw in response to people's "outrage" over Obama's new policy.

The people benefiting from his new policy have committed no crimes, they were brought here by their parents. They are not criminals, that is one of the requirements. They have either graduated high school, have their GED, or are serving in the military.

And still...people were angry that these people are going to be allowed to stay and work in America.

So it isn't the fact that they are here "illegally" or that they are "criminals"...it's the fact that they are posing a serious competition because they are determined to have a better life than their parents because they directly saw what their parent sacrificed to give them that opportunity.

But of course...people just fall back into trying to demonize them....because people need to hate them because they can't admit that they can't compete with them.

Did I demonize them? No I didn't! Did others, perhaps, but you are using that term for anyone who is against your support for the POTUS!

I agree with you to a point on those who were born here to parents who "ILLEGALLY" came here! But are we as Americans supposed to absorb the sins of thy father?? I feel for these young people, I really do! Did they break the law? NOPE! So in that fact of your points you are correct! But how do we as a country solve that problem? Leave the border wide open (as it currently is) and keep allowing them to herd into this country? You have a very big puzzle in front of your face, but you choose to only look at the one cute little kitten in the picture instead of looking at the BIG PICTURE!

I don't see you sticking up for the Canadians who are getting gestapo'd at the border just so they can come into the country and go shopping at the outlet malls! As a matter of fact, as Janet Napolitano keeps our border to Mexico wide open, we have our friends from Canada being abused left and right just wanting to come and do some shopping in our country!!

Let's not forget! Have you taken a peak at Mexico's immigration policys???? DOUBT IT!!! They throw people in prison if they don't have the proper papers!

Then again, I really don't expect you to get it, because that is not the reason you are here! It is one thing for a person to support their opinions up until the point that you can see they have no desire to learn only to prove they are right and further their agenda!

You can only beat a dead horse for so long, and I think that 4 years is about your limit!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I think only two people agreed with you OutKast.

Take the hint...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
[Nope.. Try again. Read back a few pages. We already established that most of them work as a self employed contractor and do not get taxes and other with holdings taken out. And another large portion of them just get paid cash under the table.
What proof do you offer that "most of them" work as self employed contractors? And how does that exclude them from contributing to taxes and SSI and the like? It doesn't They still have to pay. Just because it isn't withheld from their check soes not mean that the IRS just lets it go. I have worked as an independant contractor, I had to pay taxes. I ended up paying more tax as an independant than as an eployee because of the minimum federal tax. Federal taxes apply to all states, Oklohoma included.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I'm an old man that has lived in Texas all of my life except for an extended vacation is Southeast Asia as a teenager in 68-69... I can't believe all of the blatantly accepted and repeated lies that I have seen here denigrating the fine family oriented people that have come here without proper documentation to provide a better life for their children... I have heard the repeated lies about them not paying for emergency medical care yet Parkland Hospital in Dallas says that they pay cash when seen and treated there... I have many family members that are 2nd and 3rd generation citizens that originally crossed the Rio Bravo, took menial jobs, worked, saved and prospered... They have been looked down upon for have done as well as they have by the lighter complected citizens with less grit and less desire to be as productive and referred to as wetbacks even after working there way through college by taking jobs that were below the standards that the name callers would take... The bulk of criminal activity I have seen in my life has not been by illegals though crimes by one of them is always going to be exploited on the 5 o'clock news... My vacation 44 years ago was with the 9th Marine Regiment. on the DMZ and Laotian border.. Many of the best and bravest of the guys I'd met had grown up along the US border with Mexico where some of them were born.. There was very little difference in which side you are on down there, but that was before the war on drugs and private prisons... I wish it was possible for me to meet native born Texans and others of the states north of us that were as decent as these hard working, honest, family oriented people...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Actually...I'm supporting that the grocery store open up the other 50 checkout lanes they have instead of just having one lane open.

It really sounds like you want to just let everyone walk out without bothering to pay... I was trying to be generous.

From what you have said previously...you want it to be MORE difficult to enter...you actually want a line to get into line...but only after you have a complete background check.

Link to that post please? I don't think I have ever said any such thing. I have said I want the border closed to illegal immigration... I have said I want illegal immigrants deported back home... but never have I said I want to restrict legal immigration.

I think you are reading my posts the same way you formulate your ideas...

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

What proof do you offer that "most of them" work as self employed contractors? And how does that exclude them from contributing to taxes and SSI and the like? It doesn't They still have to pay. Just because it isn't withheld from their check soes not mean that the IRS just lets it go. I have worked as an independant contractor, I had to pay taxes. I ended up paying more tax as an independant than as an eployee because of the minimum federal tax. Federal taxes apply to all states, Oklohoma included.

Really? So the IRS is going to show up at the door of an illegal undocumented working using a fake SSN and ask them to pay their taxes? How do they find them? And does the illegal just write a check and move on? Explain how this process works? I am pretty confused because if we knew who they were and where they were dont you think we would deport them? You paid taxes as a contractor because you are legal and documented and the IRS knows who you are and were to find you. You seem to be missing the point here. They work under the table and they work as contract labor. Not all but a big chunk do. I know a lot of them do pay taxes but I know a lot lf them dont either. And what money they do take home a large chunk is sent back to mexico.
edit on 18-6-2012 by TheTardis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Does this also apply to the elite at the top that do not want to bring in talented CEO's and Financial Managers from oversea's to take their jobs? Since, the top make 100X on average in America of what others make in the world, looks to me like there policies benefit them and screw everyone else, since they have the politicians in their back pocket after all.

They want the cheap labor to take our jobs, but want to secure theirs from fair competition.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

So why isn't that the focus of immigration debates rather than focusing on people wanting to work for a better life?

It is... at least it will be when people like you quit trying to call others lazy for having what they built or trying to give it away to criminals.

You, sir, believe it or not, are the very reason immigration is as difficult as it is. It's hard to fix a problem when people are doing everything they can to make new ones.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

When a 1099 is filed with the IRS it includes contact information. The IRS is relentless when it comes to collecting taxes and if they cannot locate the "contractor" they go after the employer.
Below is a link that will take you to the form that has to be filed.

www.irs.gov...
edit on 18-6-2012 by borracho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I live in Arizona. Here's my opinion on how to make americans feel better about mexicans. Mexicans need to learn english. Thats it. Learn our language so we don't have to learn yours in our country.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by borracho

I thought most illegal immigrants didn't have to file 1099's.... Weird illegal immigrants are working everywhere but the IRS never finds them and the companies are still in business, crazy I know....

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

When a 1099 is filed with the IRS it includes contact information. The IRS is relentless when it comes to collecting taxes and if they cannot locate the "contractor" they go after the employer.

I understand how the system is suppose to work. It doesnt mean the system works that way. Would be nice if it did.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join