It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason Some Americans Hate Immigrants...it's not because they are "illegal"

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Wow OKS... now you're generalizing.. I'll rephrase your statement... "As are murderers, rapists, drug dealers and pedophiles..."

There are different degrees of laws in this country.

Yes...and illegal immigrants are on the same level as jay walkers and speeders. A very minor infraction, rarely involving jail time.

But continually calling them criminals makes it easier for you and others to hate them...which is why you keep repeating it.

Then there are felonies... This includes murder, rape, incest, tax evasion, fraud, grand theft auto, possession with the intent to distribute and yes entering the country illegally..

Um, no...entering illegally is not a felony....sorry.

Go find me the law that says it is a felony...you won't find it...because it isn't there.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

They are here illegally. Plain and simple.
No different then the guy that robs someone for an income.

Yes...a bit different...but not to those that want to continue demonizing them so you have a reason to hate them.

But what is your real reason to hate someone who is looking for a better life for themselves and their family???

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

All other cultures have learned and speak our language except for many of the spanish speaking people. We are in many cases forced to speak 'their' language.

Is it their fault that business are quick to advertise in their language for that extra buck?

Quieres papitas con eso?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

Because the illegals have driven those wages down to the point that Americans cannot afford to do those jobs.

That's free market capitalism for you.

I guess you just can't compete with them...oh wait...that is the entire point of the thread...thanks again for proving my point.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

They are the aftermath of Criminal activity.
Just because they had no choice when their parents crossed over ILLEGALLY, does not mean they are free to stay here. If they are here ILLEGALLY, then they are here ILLEGALLY.

Fortunately...yes...they can stay here legally...because our current President isn't a heartless bastard like some are who would deport them to a country they don't even know.

I'm sensing a lot of entitlement thinking on your part...shame on you.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

The sad part is.. my comparison was closer as they along with illegal immigration are all felony offenses.

Go educate yourself...it is not a felony.

Fill out the forms, send in the application, get approved and come live in our great nation

Oh, if it were only that easy I don't think people would risk their lives to do it any other way.

Again..educate yourself...it's not as easy as you seem to think it is.

link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

That's free market capitalism for you.

No, that is NOT free market. One group has to obey economic restrictions like minimum wage and FICA taxes, the other does not. How in the world is that free? How is it fair? How is it just?

TheRedneck

link   

Go find me the law that says it is a felony...you won't find it...because it isn't there.

Entering illegally is a misdemeanor as you stated, the first time it is done. If it is repeated, it becomes a felony.

www.americanpatrol.com...

Each year the Border Patrol is making more than a million apprehensions of people who flagrantly violate our nation's laws by unlawfully crossing U.S. borders to work and to receive publicly-funded services, often with the aid of fraudulent documents. Such entry is a misdemeanor and, if repeated, becomes punishable as a felony.

edit on 6/18/12 by kennylee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

Outkast, Answer me this one simple question. Do you think you can illegally enter another country and work and that they will have no problem with it? Do you think that our laws are stricter than most countries regarding immigration? Answer honestly and I have not even done any research on this subject.

Depends on the country.

Our country was specifically built by immigrants...with a wide open door policy up until recent times. At some point, people decided that they are privledged to be born here...they are entitled...and that those damn immigrants are going to ruin it (ironic huh)....so they made it hard to immigrate here.

All I am saying is let's keep the tradition of America alive...let's welcome immigrants and invite them to better their lives.

Oh wait...that may mean that you have competition and may have to work harder.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Who said capitalism was fair?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Got a green card? No. - No health care.
Got a green card? No. - No education for your kid(s).
Got a green card? No. - No job.
Are you a citizen? No. - No benefits.
Speak English? No. - Learn.

They'll be gone soon enough.
edit on 6/18/2012 by rtyfx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by jjf3rd77

They get deported...or have you not heard???

But you think they are not criminals. They ARE! Why do you think they get deported? It's not because we hate latinos. We love latinos. The legal ones that is....

Now...do you hate jaywalkers

I do hate jaywalkers at the moment where they are crossing the street and doing stupid things in the process. I stare at them and say, I would never befriend those idiots!

...do you hate speeders....
Yes, I hate current drug users because I know what they are doing to their bodies. They are weak and need help, but I don't call any drug users my friends...Unless if you meant drivers then yes I hate driving in NJ!!!!!! It sux! NYC is worse.

do you hate gays who snuck into the military to defend our country when it was "illegal" for them to do so???

I feel that the military STILL shouldn't allow gay people to serve openly. It just doesn't sit right with me. Men Kissing Men on the battlefield? It's just another reason the Iranians have to kills us!

On illegals: I hate their breaking laws and entering this country illegally while draining the system and begging for more, even going so far as to beg to be allowed to vote in a country that they don't even hold citizenship in!!!!!

*NOTE: The above may seem heartless and cruel to some, but I don't care!

edit on 18-6-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

If I were to move to France I would be expected to speak french. If I moved to Russia.. I better speak Russian... If I move to Uzbekistan I better know how to speak whatever the heck it is they speak there. If you move here.. Speak English..

Ok so after a small bout of research I will admit it is not a felony (although committing a crime as an illegal can get it upgraded to a felony).. however the law clearly states it is illegal. So yes it is still a crime.. jumping the border without a passport, most likely obtaining a stolen identity (which is a felony and the most common crime committed by illegals) and then in many cases shipping that money directly back to their country of origin)

No I'm sorry OKS I cannot and will not ever see eye to eye with you on this... Especially during times of Economic hardship (which although may or may not directly result from illegal immigration) when Americans will work jobs they would not have worked in the past...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Shame on you.

Sorry, but I couldn't read past the second paragraph. Barf.

Americans are the hardest working people in the world, as proven by so many statistics (and our Puritan heritage, and our success), that I simply can't believe you would say such a thing without any sort of statistical evidence.

Prove it!

There are plenty of webistes that document work hours per country.

This is just utterly ridiculous.

Prove it.

Prove it.

Prove it.

Anecdotal B.S. like this is just further evidence on why some people shouldn't be allowed on the Internet.

I travel all over the world, and there are very few Americans traveling. WE HAVE NO TIME OFF. The word on the streets in other countries of why there are no traveling Americans is this:

"Americans are home working."

Back up your THEORIES with a little evidence.

Sigh.

It must be summer at ATS.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Well Obama says illegal immigrants are good so in OKS's eyes it must be so!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss

I travel all over the world, and there are very few Americans traveling. WE HAVE NO TIME OFF. The word on the streets in other countries of why there are no traveling Americans is this:

"Americans are home working."

Epic Response! I heard they get month long holidays in the summers in Europe! They don't even understand our immigration problems. I once talked to a few Europeans and knew nothing about our politics over the border dispute. They didn't understand why we let people hop the fence like that when there is a legal process to go through just like in their countries.

Of course the European Union is all connected so it's easy to get from one country to another...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Seems like you are just a open boarder supporter. So lets be fair about this and go pick up everyone in Africa, Cuba, and the middle east etc etc who wanna come here. If 2 billion people wanna come to America let them in.

This is what your saying right? Cause ya cant have it both ways.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

No I have never broken a US Law! I have never been arrested! But you know as well as I that just because everyone is doing it, doesn't make it right.

There are so many laws...so many old and unenforced...I know you may think you are perfect....but I call BS.

You never went 1mph over the speed limit? Rolled through that stop sign? Got paid $5 for helping out a friend and not reported it to the IRS?

Don't lie just to try to further your argument.

Giving illegals free passes that no other country in their right mind would do.

No, that was Ronald Reagan...and he is just enacting the policy that Marco Rubio has been advocating...I would think you would be happy he is enacting a plan Republicans support.

In the middle east they chop off your hands if you take an apple from a fruit cart. I much prefer that system of punishment.

Then move there...I prefer a compassionate system....I'll stay here.

If they are coming here to feed their families and not bringing their families here. They are not contributing to the US economy. They are stealing! Another crime!

WHAT???

Where is that law? If you don't spend all your money in America...that is stealing???

Too funny.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I would say risking your life to cross a desert, risking deportation at anytime, living in sub-par conditions, getting paid less than others doing the same job are all examples of "earning" it.

Maybe they should focus there energy on fixing the problems that they have in their country instead of trying to "steal" Benefits over here and "risking" there lives to get here.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

It's quite sad that many members on here want the U.S. to adopt the same barbaric policies of 3rd world countries.

It's quite sad that some members on here want the U.S. to throw wide it's borders and for our tax payers to shoulder the burden of taking care of massive numbers of illegal aliens ... and it's quite sad that some members on here refuse to admit that Mexico has a fantastic immigration policy ...

Whats the matter ... hating on Mexico and Mexicans ... you must be racist!

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join