It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How were the pyramids really built?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

They did not have steel to reinforce their cement with like we do today and that is the only thing that gives our modern cement strength. Pouring in segments is a fault limitation technique, absent of steel to place into the cement.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I'm also curious.

Have any of the ancient astronauts theorist ever spent any time on a construction site?

I know from personal experiences that you can do things you'd never of though possible with ropes, levers, pulleys and a few good men.

Just because you don't understand something. Doesn't mean Alien.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four

They did not have steel to reinforce their cement with like we do today and that is the only thing that gives our modern cement strength. Pouring in segments is a fault limitation technique, absent of steel to place into the cement.

Wow. Yea its 5 am i'm tired. Wasn't thinking about cement being reinforced with rebar.

errr its 6 am =/
edit on 17-6-2012 by Chargeit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chargeit

Wow. Yea its 5 am i'm tired. Wasn't thinking about cement being reinforced with rebar.

errr its 6 am =/

Yes. When you have modern steel you can make vast slabs and be ok. When you do not have the steel it makes sense to construct with blocks. This limits the stress on an individual block. Think about it like this: you have a "tongue" on concret 10' long. at the five foot mark the ground sinks just a bit. What happens to that 10' slab? It cracks. Had it been 5' maybe not. Mitigation. If this was the way it was doen maybe they had some stats on the ideal block size.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Erm, they've found the quarries where the stones for the Pyramids came from. No aliens required, just a lot of hard work. Why do we insult the ancient Egyptians so much?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

Yea I know the reason for reinforcing concrete. It just didn't come to mind when err.. The other guy asked about pouring the blocks as a slab and not as blocks.

Once again. By this point half delirious. insomnia is a bitch.

I also really wasn't asking for info on how the pyramids were built.

This topic was more in hopes that the ancient aliens crowd would maybe see it and realize that a lot of the info their getting is being filtered to support the ancient aliens theory.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
We can send men to the moon and can't figure out how the pyramids were made !!!!!??????

oh...I hear some saying .... the moon landings were fake

Ok then, we can create life in a laboratory from a strand of DNA and we can't explain how the pyramids were built?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Chargeit

We should not take from those great cultures and civilizations the honor and pride of their great accomplishments. They did these marvels with the knowledge and technology they possessed.

That said, this technology and knowledge is the source of the conundrum.

Some of their feats we can understand and visualize how it was done, while for many others, range of questions remain open.

That these questions remain open, does not mean, their technology and knowledge would be not theirs, or would be less than the achievements we can marvel today.

Take for example the temple of Sphinx. The achievement is staggering: chestofbooks.com... ... Size of those blocks are beyond perception.

There are similar "awe by size" feats all around the region (take Baalbek), but even the details in finishing many of the main artefacts (e.g. sarcofagus) give clues of mastering engineering in very high precision.

These are all feats of humans with their technology and knowledge. We should not try to steal that honor from them - or try to make them less advanced or simpler cultures - since in every detail, they communicate the contrary. What ever they did, how ever they did, they were tremendously capable and advanced in their trade.

That said - I do not buy the concept of a peasant army dragging thousands of slobs miles through the desert.

The obelix standing in the Assuan, is written at the basis to have taken 7 months to complete (from quarry to erecting at site). They wrote it at the base of this obelix. Now, our non-engineering archeologists claim the builders used methods, which the other archologists count the job taking 50 years. But the builders said 7 months. So, let the builders speak, and do not try to make them less than what they were.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
Erm, they've found the quarries where the stones for the Pyramids came from. No aliens required, just a lot of hard work. Why do we insult the ancient Egyptians so much?

I know if I were egyptian i'd take it as a major insult.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Have to admit. I'm really impressed by the replys.
I was thinking I would end up just getting shot down and mocked for going against the all powerful ancient aliens.

These replys have helped renew my faith in the ATS community.

I can see that there are others like myself, Who are interested in more then just tales of fantasy.

That being said. Its time for bed. I've already screwed myself for going to sleep at a decent time tonight. lol.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Have to admit. I'm really impressed by the replys.
I was thinking I would end up just getting shot down and mocked for going against the all powerful ancient aliens.

These replys have helped renew my faith in the ATS community.

I can see that there are others like myself, Who are interested in more then just tales of fantasy.

That being said. Its time for bed. I've already screwed myself for going to sleep at a decent time tonight. lol.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Chargeit

i read somewere, cant remember were tho, that they may have been poured into place like cement. opr did i dream that, cnt remember

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Take a look at

Blocks from Giza pyramid, found to be man made

So the stones did NOT come from quarries, counter to your claim.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

errr its 6 am =/

Still, I would like to see real building architects and building engineers run the numbers - calculate the logistics, concrete curing, etc, to see if it is even plausible that they did this in 20 years.

edit on 17-6-2012 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I've long thought that the ancient aliens show is disinformation much like doomsday preppers. Just count how many times you hear them say "Ancient Alien Theorists" believe such an such. Then they got that guy that needs to comb his damn hair.....

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I am more astonished of their achitectural capabilities to build such a gargantuan monument, back then. How talented the ancient Egyptian must have been...

Q: If you can finish a Cheops piramid in ten years using one thousand labourers, how many piramids do you need to build one labourer?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Perhaps the ancient Egyptians witnessed UFOs and believed them to be the chariots of the gods. Perhaps some of them even witnessed EBEs hence the depiction of such entities in their arts and crafts

In short, perhaps they were experiencing the UFO phenomenon in the same way that we are and reached their own conclusions

Not to dismiss the ET hypothesis but if aliens helped to design and/or construct the pyramids then why not build them out of fabricated diamond ?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Info and Charge, if you are ever down in Oz, come on out and say g'day. We live in the country and have a "light show" (stars) every night. Heck, since we are still building our last home, we have to use our outside dunny so in the middle of the night when I get up to water the horse (hate getin old) I can walk over to it by just using the starlight. It's hard to take guys but I guess someone has to do it

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Why is this still debated? It was answered in 1986. Initially, they used 4 wooden cradles wrapped around the blocks to roll them up ramps ans stack them. Took 3 men to roll one into place. When it got too high to use ramps they used a pulley system that was set up in the great hall portion on the pyramid, The grooves from the ropes are still there!!!

There is no mystery about how they were built. No silly concrete. As I have repeatedly said, I OWN A PIECE OF THE PYRAMID. It could not have been poured. Period. There is no debate about this. It is not in question unless the questioner is retarded. Cradles, ramps and pulleys. Simple, easy and no need for silly aliens or other bunkem.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ookie

That's just one of many theories. No one knows. And especially not some idjit on a internet message board.

Personally I subscribe to the cement theory. It makes sense. Unlike the whole pulleys and rollers crapfest.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join