It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How were the pyramids really built?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
ok ancient astronauters. I figured i'd do the unimaginable and type, How the pyramids were built into google search.

6,180,000 results. hmmm.

No explanation. Umm. Right off the first page I found 3 sites that explain pretty well supposed building techniques.
That just can't be. I mean, no one knows! All Egyptology professionals are dumbfounded by the subject. No attempts have ever been made to explain the construction of these otherworldly structures.

Wrong!

www.sciencedaily.com...

theres one.

www.nationalgeographic.com...

hmm thats two. Somethings not right here.

www.touregypt.net...

lmao. That one even has lil'diagrams.

Yea. The world of Egyptology has nothing worth mentioning on the construction process used to create pyramids.

Must be Aliens.

It took me about five seconds to find those pages. imagine if someone took say a hour out of their time? Wow! how much we could learn?

But wait. I forgot. We already figured it all out. Had to of been Aliens.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Chargeit

They poured the stones like concrete into molds. Over time these cast stones got denser and denser. They could line them up with the stars easily since nights were CLEAR back then, no light pollution. People could stare into the galaxy back then, what a sight that must've been.

NEXT.
edit on 17-6-2012 by InfoKartel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

yea -100 points for light pollution. =/

Heard about the pouring method also. Seems plausible.

Nah.

Had to of been Aliens.. lol.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

yea -100 points for light pollution. =/

Are those minus points?

Yeah I guess spoiled Westerners can only live with the alien (nonsense) explanation. Particularly those on this site. Why deny ignorance when we can all dance together in ignorance?!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

Yea. I was bitching about light pollution the other day. I really wish I could experience the night sky without it.

I'm a westerner. I just happen to do a little research past what my TV tells me. =/

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I have been investigating as a hobby for many years....all I have concluded was for sure that they did use water as a level for the foundation.....then I'm thinking about levitation from sound waves to raise the stones.

edit on 17-6-2012 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Yea. I was bitching about light pollution the other day.

So do I whenever I get the chance. Other people bitch about their bills, I bitch about light pollution. (yes I have bills too but what's more important, right?)

I really wish I could experience the night sky without it.

Sounds like a great wish to me.

I'm a westerner. I just happen to do a little research past what my TV tells me. =/

Beats fearing Allah in the east or eating dogs in the far east. Don't get me wrong, no offense was implied, rather I meant to state these "ancient alien" theories seem to come from those with MUCH time on their hands

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

I've always thought they were built as a reflection of the Egyptians' developing technology and beliefs. From pit graves to mastaba to pyramids made sense to me. All the graves and workers' towns surrounding the pyramid complexes and quarries seemed to prove that they were actually built by humans.

After years on ATS, I now think it's more likely that the rocks were flown in from Mars by aliens. They needed to balance the Earth, open a dimensional portal and create a machine of stone that would extend the life-time of blunt razor blades. They had to build this technology from roughly-shaped blocks because metal would have been too obvious. When they fell short of a few blocks, they made them by pouring concrete.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

History channel said they were poured in place. The mix is indistinguishable from natural granite except under a microscope and even them only an expert can tell the difference.

But it makes more sense that aliens used their warp drive to come here and practiced advanced masonry.

Many huge blocks were obviously quarried too, as we have the holes to prove it.

edit on 17-6-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
That would have to be some fast concrete curing time since they placed 12 blocks every hour 24/7 for 20 years. Our modern cement can take 5-6 days to cure properly.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 17-6-2012 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MerkabaMeditation
That would have to be some fast cement curing time since they placed 12 blocks every hour 24/7 for 20 years. Our modern cement can take 5-6 days to cure properly.

en.wikipedia.org...

With modern cement. And at a certain temperature and humidity. Also, they had to complete one level before they went to the next. They did not just put one right on top of the other, They built out a level then went to the next level. This leaves plenty of time to cure.

And having just poured several thousand tons of cement at a beach location I can tell you with certainty that you cure time is subjective and high.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

You can perhaps walk on cured cement after a few hours, but I think it would take 5-6 days before you could place another giant block of stone on top of the old one.

Edit: I just read that some government contractors require curing of 30-60 days before adding more concrete.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Well if it wasn't built by Aliens and by Humans...then it probably took about "20 Thousand" years too build!
edit on 17-6-2012 by MrMysteryMan because: Typo!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

You can perhaps walk on cured cement after a few hours, but I think it would take 5-6 days before you could place another giant block of stone on top of the old one.

Edit: I just read that some government contractors require curing of 30-60 days before adding more concrete.

Considering that they would have 84 days at base before they start the second level your point is moot. You did not read the other part of my post did you? Of course they have less and less time as they move up but even at half way up they still have more than 5 weeks of cure time before they start work on the next level. Like I said, they were not building strait up and they had a hell of a perimeter to deal with and this gives them the cure time they need. Run the numbers yourself. By the time they work their way arounf the perimeter the blocks they laid had several weeks to cure. This remains true until they get very high up and those blocks could have been made ready in advance and set in place through more conventional means. Lots of ways to skin the cat.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

That would have to be some fast concrete curing time since they placed 12 blocks every hour 24/7 for 20 years. Our modern cement can take 5-6 days to cure properly.

en.wikipedia.org...

Real quick. When they like to mention the number of blocks that went into building the pyramids. I'm pretty sure they add in things such as the outside brick work. Bricks go in a lot quicker then 20 ton stones. (or how ever much they weigh. Don't feel like looking it up atm.)

Its a numbers game and if you control the numbers u can control the flow of info. (they control the numbers they say in their lil'books and shows.)
edit on 17-6-2012 by Chargeit because: (no reason given)

Oh! The bricks would also account a large amount of the blocks used.

Maybe i'm wrong. Don't think I am.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

If they cured one floor at a time then why do it in blocks and not the whole wall or floor at once, like modern builders do today with concrete. You never see modern workers making thousands of smaller concrete bricks to build a wall, they make the wall in one big go.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

Because the sides of the things so damned massive. easier to do in segments.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Yes, government contractors do like to milk it. They also charge $600 for a hammer. If US government contractors had been working for Pharaoh I am sure that they would have ended up in the mortar.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Also want to clear up one thing.

They claim we couldn't do it with our tech today.

This is funny.

Of course we can't. we no longer need massive blocks of stone to make buildings that last.

If we were forced to rely only massive stones to build things then we would have the tools, techniques and machines to do it.

Damn. I've got way too much time on my hands to think of this crap.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

You have not looked into this have you? The pyramid was built by levels according to all scholarly literature. There is no literature out there that you can reference that says otherwise

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join