It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How were the pyramids really built?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Chargeit

Not true....The Pyramids are thousands of years old...Name one building made of steel that's lasted anywhere near as long. Take cars for example, cars made in the 60's and 70's are rusting and falling apart.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Reading the first post i thought it was going to suggest that the pyramids were built using balloons. And you know, it does sound easier than having to drag the massive stones around.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
trial and error, like all projects. aliens had nothing to do with it

unless you think they travelled 6 trillion light years and gave us this, lol

this image is 100% smoking gun proof it was trial and error by humans. notice how the angle changes ?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocket9244
The Annunaki:

"Anunnaki" literally means "those who came from heaven to
earth". In the Old Testament these "heavenly" visitors are
called "Anakim".

Anunnaki means Sons (or children, offspring, you get the idea) of Anu on Earth.
Anu was the sky god (also the most high - go figure - LOL)

In Sumer, they were the Anunna - the Sons of Anu.
(You should see from this that the suffix "ki" meant Earth. Actually, it meant the part of Earth where they lived - Mesopotamia, IOW.)

The chronically astonished fringe proponents took the "sky god" part of this and the "Earth (Mesopotamia)" part of this and turned it into an (almost) haiku about ancient aliens.

Total nonsense.

Re the Anakim, they were the descendants of Anak, and were not from space.

The name "Anak" and the term "Anakim" are not etymologically related to either Anunna or Anunnaki.
The two admittedly similar terms come from two entirely different language groups. Hebrew is a Semitic language, while Sumerian is a language isolate.

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
[The Pyramids are thousands of years old...Name one building made of steel that's lasted anywhere near as long. Take cars for example, cars made in the 60's and 70's are rusting and falling apart.

Well, the pyramids were built before steel was invented, so you'll need to give us a couple of years.

How about some steel that's almost 4,000 years old?

Two pieces of metal unearthed at colonial ruins in Turkey have been deemed the world's oldest examples of a crude type of steel, dating back to 1800 BCE.

Source

Harte
edit on 7/1/2012 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Anyone doubting that the Egyptians could have or did build the pyramids only has to look to the City of Pi-Rameses. The remains were found found in Tanis, problem being that no artifacts from the region date to the time of Rameses.

Instead, these are found on an old river delta in the east of Egypt. Searching this dried river bed found a huge concentration of Ramesean pottery. Subsequent ground penetrating radar discovered the remains of a vast city, complete with canals, etc. Subsequent analysis, including the fact that statues found discarded in Tanis had there feet left behind in this other site, confirmed that this was in fact the original location of Pi-Rameses.

In other words, the ancient Egyptians had the technology to move an entire city over 12 miles to a new site. This action was undertaken because the Nile changed course and Rameses fabled city was left high and dry. Some of the larger statues (found complete) weighed over 1000 tonnes.

If they could move a city over 12 miles of land, over a 100 years after the death of Rameses, they could certainly move blocks of granite to build a pyramid.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I haven't read the whole thread yet, but do have to remark that if the stones were some sort of concrete that was poured in place, their technology was still impressive to be able to haul all that concrete and pour it without the use of the common wheel. What ya thought they rowed it up there in wheelbarrows or something? Also, the fact that the concrete is not only so flawless that it turns into something that is nearly indistinguishable from granite but can hold all that massive weight of other such stones being piled on top without cracking much in all this time, and THAT I find is amazing. While I don't think aliens built them, I do think we were more technologically advanced in a more elite center of peoples who did not directly reveal their secrets than what most people tend to believe...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I always thought that the notion of them being built by aliens was firstly ridiculous, secondly and more importantly I think this idea is a huge discredit to those who actually built them. Surely hard work by many many skilled workers over a long period of time is what built them

Just sayin

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

None of those explain how the Great Pyramid of Khufu/CHeops in particular, was built from the top(capstone) to the bottom..
edit on 9-8-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

None of those explain how the Great Pyramid of Khufu/CHeops in particular, was built from the top(capstone) to the bottom..

They don't need to explain that because, of course, it wasn't built from the top to the bottom but from the bottom to the top.

Harte

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

No, it wasn't. Certain areas of the pyramid couldn't have been built like that. Keep looking.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

No, it wasn't. Certain areas of the pyramid couldn't have been built like that. Keep looking.

Of course it was.

How do you build from the top down?

Harte

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Not true....The Pyramids are thousands of years old...Name one building made of steel that's lasted anywhere near as long. Take cars for example, cars made in the 60's and 70's are rusting and falling apart.

Firstly, you realize that steel wasn't perfected for large scale building until the 19th century.

The Pyramids are also weathering and falling apart. They're made out of lots of rock so it takes a long time.

The Roman Pantheon (100s-200s C.E.) is still in good shape, and it was made out of concrete & brick.

Steel swords many hundreds of years old (where people were willing to put effort into expensive high quality materials) can be in great shape today.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This whole debate is based upon the assumption that this pyramid was built in 20 years.
Can someone please point to where I can find this as fact. Once we have established the true duration can we start to speculate the construction technique.

Either way it's still impressive how it was done......

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
They say that the cattle mutilations were for all sorts of things. It turns out they were just done for one. People thought that aliens made a paste and put it on their arms to eat, also bob in a vat while sleeping. Disinfo, disinfo - they like vegetables and strawberry ice cream. No, aliens create energy from thin air, and process it in a way that we are totally unfamiliar with - they don't need to eat.

Probably built the pyramids in the same way, hey why do we have them on mars too?
edit on 9-8-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Wait, what?

Are you serious? Could you please explain how a structure such as that could be built from the top down? And were this theory comes from?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
It comes from the C14 dates of the mortar samples taken from the Great Pyramid.

The date ranges are easily explained, however, by the "old wood problem."

Harte

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Now that's the real question isn't it

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Normally I would care to explain my opinion, however I won't here. It wouldn't matter if I showed you video footage of the Pyramid being constructed in such a way; there are certain things people will never admit to or want to believe. As such, they will find whatever way they can to disbelieve it in their minds.

So no, I have no interest in sharing my 'theories' with those who are so set against them and what they entail, that they stick to the mainstream establishment. To commit to such an argument is an endeavor in futility on my part, because there are those of you who will never acquiesce to the truth.
edit on 10-8-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Built from the top down?

edit on 10-8-2012 by OnionHead because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2012 by OnionHead because: lol

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

Now that's the real question isn't it

No, it's a very simple question which I have already answered.
To wit: you don't build from the top down.

reply to post by Flavian

Normally I would care to explain my opinion, however I won't here.

No need to explain where you got the idea. I know where it comes from and I already stated it.

Harte

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join