It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Emerald Tablets and The Great Pyramid

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

You missed an entire post of mine, but while you find it, I have something to add. The only thing linking Ki
Khufu to the Great Pyramid was a work gangs symbol drawn in red paint in the Relieving compartments above the King's Chamber... If Khufu was responsible for simply restoring the Pyramid it would make much more sense, for these symbols. However to say based on the symbols alone, you cant absolutely conclude he built it.

Have you taken into account the mathematics and time it would have taken to build the pyramid in 20 years. Did he build it before he was dead? Based on the ridiculous amount of work that would have had to go non-stop for that time period. A restoration of 20 years makes MUCH more sense than simply building the whole thing. If they existed before the Egyptians that we know of, it's possible the later dynasties merely adopted the Giza Complex and Sphinx then continues building around it. There is a huge difference in the elaborate designs of these pyramids and then the later ones.
edit on 17-6-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
let me end this tit for tat.

the pyramids were built to incite wonder and amazement in the viewer.

1000 years after construction at the time of ramses etc.....people couldnt concieve that they were man built.
the same as us today.....porbably moreso back then.

but we have

1) the tombs of the builders
2) quarrys they used
3) accounts from builders/workgangs

what we DONT have are the "blueprints"...

i personally believe they were built by the people of the nile valley, the nomes of upper egypt....

peace

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

This is your view of the subject, doesn't mean everyone sees the sky as blue.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

You're asking me to support something I dont contend ..?

The People of that area (Khem) built the pyramids IMHO ..but when and with the help of whom is the question ..

Even the text says this ..they went there and enlisted the people there .

I don't find the Atlantian (whatever that means) hypothesis with out merit ..due primarily to anomalous finds and texts ..

Thats why I bring the controversial find of Dr Browns crystal into the mix ..it is not explainable as anything else .

It is high tech and could not be reproduced today period ...it was found not created that is for sure..

It then comes down to do you believe this account ... maybe Aliens gave it to him ...LOL But..

It fits perfectly with the ancient documentation that is left to us ... and begins to indicate the true purpose of those structures .

I am merely trying to put together the pieces ... consider the Tet of Osiris is more than just some iconic religious representation ..

And I believe I'm making that case .

edit on 17-6-2012 by R0CR13 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by thePharaoh

This is your view of the subject, doesn't mean everyone sees the sky as blue.

lol...yea some of us are colour blind...

peace

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
What baffles me is how the Egyptians supposedly built the pyramids/sphinx. We can't reproduce the pyramids today, so how the hell could a primitive culture with technological capabilities nowhere near our own have accomplished such a feat?

The Egyptians likely discovered the pyramids and did not understand what their use was, so they, superstitiously and ignorantly, thought them as tombs for their kings.

What I have come to believe is that there is more to ancient structures that we allow ourselves to believe. Perhaps it's for the sake of protecting our egos, perhaps it's because we like to draw false conclusions rather than embrace not knowing.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

People have reported strange visions and experiences like Out of Body, during meditation in the King's Chamber, and more importantly, WHILE LYING IN THE GRANITE SARCOPHAGE

I have been in the King's Chamber and there's no way they're going to let people lay in the SARCOPHAGE to mediate or for any other reason....

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

reply to post by eNaR

apparently hourly rates run about $100 ..tipping is important .. mans gots kids to feed ..

at least thats what I hear .

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by eNaR

That is circa 2012. The restrictions were not always do tight regarding the sarcophagus.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

what we DONT have are the "blueprints"...

peace

Blueprints as we think of them didn't exist and are of course a modern concept. buildings and ships were built by master craftsman who did it by eye aided by simple tools and expertise. In the Parthenon there is one place where the builder had drawn of the floor what he wanted done.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by R0CR13

The People of that area (Khem) built the pyramids IMHO ..but when and with the help of whom is the question ..

There are dates from various sources and you find the these dates.....what?

Even the text says this ..they went there and enlisted the people there .

what text?

Thats why I bring the controversial find of Dr Browns crystal into the mix ..it is not explainable as anything else .

A fraud comes to mind

It is high tech and could not be reproduced today period ...it was found not created that is for sure..
I'm sure you believe that but in the long run your opinion on the matter is meaningless, unless you can find some concrete support

It fits perfectly with the ancient documentation that is left to us ... and begins to indicate the true purpose of those structures .

Which he could have read and made up the story, you might wish to research the concept of 'pious fraud'

And I believe I'm making that case .

You've made no case that I can see, what exactly is your 'case'???

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

You missed an entire post of mine, but while you find it, I have something to add. The only thing linking Ki
Khufu to the Great Pyramid was a work gangs symbol drawn in red paint in the Relieving compartments above the King's Chamber... If Khufu was responsible for simply restoring the Pyramid it would make much more sense, for these symbols. However to say based on the symbols alone, you cant absolutely conclude he built it.

That would have required them to dissamble a vast area of the pyramid - then put it back together again, you might want to reconsider that idea once you've looked at a diagram of the area you are talking about

There is a great deal more evidence than that: I'll list them only but will provide details if requested

1. A complete lack of any evidence for another culture to have built them while at the same time massive amounts of evidence that the AE were there

2. The builders village, a village of built who built pyramids

3. Herodotus for some odd reason seem to think the AE built the pyramids, he thought that because the AE told him that and that was during a time when the AE could still read the hieroglyphs and some of the mortuary temples were still associated with the pyramids

4. Strabo also wrote that the pyramids served as "tombs of kings"

5. Diodorus added more details

6. the Papyrus Abbott describes the inspection of "sepulchers of former kings" under Ramesses IX. The pyramid of 17th Dynasty Sobekemsaf II was inspected

7. The rubble, the rubble from the quarries (located near the pyramids) where the stone for the pyramids come from was dumped back into the quarries and those dumps were dug into during the 19th century. What was found in them? Cultural material from the Egyptians, no body elses

8. Technology the pyramids were built using very (to our eyes) crude technology, using hammer stones, fire and water, bronze saw driven grit saws, etc. Which are found in the pre-dynastic and later Egyptian periods

9. Goyon and Ginsells builders mark - this is graffiti in a different location that the relieving chambers, where it was found would have required the outer limestone cover to be removed

10. Khufu's or 'Vise's' building marks

11. Built in an existing Eygptian necropolis - with no destruction of other graves

12. Surrounded by the graves of their family members

13.Of the 100+ pyramids, some have still been found with bodily remains inside

14. Of the 100+ pyramids, many have similar floor plans that coincide with the textually
evidenced layout of the "afterlife" voyages of the soul. An aspect of Egyptian religion

15. Of the 100+ pyramids, six have direct textual attestation of their afterlife function.

16. Of the 100+ pyramids, several have burial equipment in them.

17. Of the 100+ pyramids, several have sarcophagi in their burial chambers one of which was of definite Egyptian made and was to large to have been put in after the pyramid was built

18. Of the 6 pyramids with texts, ALL had sarcophagi in their burial chambers

19. Of the 3 large pyramids at Giza, ALL had sarcophagi in their burial chambers

20. The culture that designed and built the pyramids used the pyramid shape as their symbol for "tomb".

21. Japanese archaeologist find inscriptions for Khufu and his son on stones with the second dismantled boat ( in the boat pits along side)

22. The C-14 tests, putting the pyramids and other monuments into the time frame attested by early work on king lists , two arrays of tests

23. Comments in text written by the AE such as: “The embalmed body of the king lay in or under the pyramid, which together with its entire compound, was considered his body.

Ho, Horus! This Pepi Neferkare is Osiris, this pyramid of Pepi Neferkare and this work are Osiris

Betake yourself to him and don't be far from him in his identity of the pyramid

The eldest king's daughter of his body the pyramid of Teti, the companion of Horus, his beloved one, the imakhu in the sight of the Great God, the king's daughter

"The gods of the past rest in their pyramids, the blessed nobles likewise are buried in their tombs, but the cult places of the builders of mansions are gone

Well will stop here as I have run out of space

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

To continue

Have you taken into account the mathematics and time it would have taken to build the pyramid in 20 years. Did he build it before he was dead? Based on the ridiculous amount of work that would have had to go non-stop for that time period. A restoration of 20 years makes MUCH more sense than simply building the whole thing. If they existed before the Egyptians that we know of, it's possible the later dynasties merely adopted the Giza Complex and Sphinx then continues building around it. There is a huge difference in the elaborate designs of these pyramids and then the later ones

Yes and you seem to be saying the pyramid is impossible to build - but it was built. If it was difficult to build -who built it then? lol

Again your dismissal of the AE as the bulders falls apart on one key point, a complete, utter, and absolute lack of any evidence, of any kind, that anyone else was there. To prove your point you need to find a culture in the vicinity of the Giza plateau....or anywhere that at the time had the AE level of skills..that has never been done. At the same time you have to explain why endless relics of the pre-dynastic and dynastic AE litter the entire area....

Their first pyramids were rather crude reaching the apex with the Giza, althought some of the later one were bigger than Menkaure's. The resources and skills need to built them would have taxed any society and they went to easier to built structures.

St Peter's is arguably the greatest christian cathedral in the world, by your logic it must have been built by someone else because the Catholic church near me is a simple brick structure.....
edit on 18/6/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I never once said that the pyramids were impossible to build. The Great Pyramid is the one I am concerned with... You mention how they reverted to making smaller pyramids later on, yet before you stated that "Why not" speech. You said that they did it for magnificence. Nobody spends 20 years to build an insane monument to only store one dead king in, yet the body was not inside. That is delusional thinking and borderline lunacy to suggest such an idea. If my dad dies, I cry my eyes out, and then dig him a hole in the ground. I don't spent 20 years of massive taxation of resources, labor, and most importantly time. While Thoth mentions he built the pyramid, he did not say how. So it is quite possible that he ordered it made so to speak as an advisor. Another idea is that Thoth was Khufu... You know how those Egyptians are about reincarnation.

Please explain to me then, who had the technological and navigational know-how to chart Antarctica well before it was ever frozen and was actually explorable? What about the Piri Reis map and a great deal of others showing Antarctica in great detail as it would be without the ice, say about the time of the last ice age?
edit on 18-6-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I never once said that the pyramids were impossible to build.

The sense I make of your objections is that those AE couldn't possibily have done it, therefore somebody else did...are you conceeding that the AE did built it or what??

The Great Pyramid is the one I am concerned with...

Of course you are, the key way the fringe tries to make the GP 'mysterious' is to remove it from its context, remove it from the cemetery it was built in, remove it from the 100 other pyramids, remove it from the AE religion, then make up stuff about it....lol

You mention how they reverted to making smaller pyramids later on, yet before you stated that "Why not" speech. You said that they did it for magnificence. Nobody spends 20 years to build an insane monument to only store one dead king in, yet the body was not inside.

The AE did so and they did it a lot, what exactly is buried in the vault under St Peter's? Have you been to St. Peters, magnificent building, huge, completely impractical - were the catholics of that time insane? It also took them a tad of 100 years to build it, one hundred years.

That is delusional thinking and borderline lunacy to suggest such an idea.

You seem to have a problem with the precepts of the AE religion, I would suggest you take it up with them.....

If my dad dies, I cry my eyes out, and then dig him a hole in the ground. I don't spent 20 years of massive taxation of resources, labor, and most importantly time.

Sure they did and many of the pyramids around the world were specifically built as burial. They did it over a 100 times and switched later to digging underground. One we are absolute sure of was the Celtius pryamid which was built much later but survives with it dedication intact.

While Thoth mentions he built the pyramid, he did not say how. So it is quite possible that he ordered it made so to speak as an advisor. Another idea is that Thoth was Khufu... You know how those Egyptians are about reincarnation.

You are forgetting that the document you are using for a reference was written in 1925....

Please explain to me then, who had the technological and navigational know-how to chart Antarctica well before it was ever frozen and was actually explorable? What about the Piri Reis map and a great deal of others showing Antarctica in great detail as it would be without the ice, say about the time of the last ice age?

oh my changing the goalposts? There aren't many areas where I claim expertise perhaps 3 or 4, pyramids are not one of them, but the Piri Reis is one thing I'm an expert on.

You have no idea what you are taking about. I suggest that you spend 2-3 minutes looking at the Piri Reis then at a map of the world ...then come back to me

Oh and you completely failed to respond to my imcomplete list of items that demonstrate that the pyramids were built by the AE, we'll come back to it later

Now Piri Reis.....oh I'll be back tomorrow
edit on 18/6/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by R0CR13

reply to post by eNaR

apparently hourly rates run about $100 ..tipping is important .. mans gots kids to feed ..

at least thats what I hear .

Well I guess anythings possible as long as when the guard or whomever is at the SARCOPHAGE says "baksheesh" you slip him enough to make it worthwhile for him to look the other way....

I was there for the month of November in 2008. I'd go back in a heartbeat but now with the Muslim Brotherhood winning the presidency, there's going to be problems even though they know tourism is what keeps the country going.

Oh well...... I can always go to Disney. NOT !

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Thanks for the thread, how do you explain the Egyptians building it as tomb referring to it as tomb for 4,400 years and with the new age 'take over' of the pyramids occuring only recently?

They found it. thought it was cool, dusted it off, made repairs, added their style to it, made it their own, used it for whatever.

edit on 18-6-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I have to reserve my detailed comments for when I am actually on a computer and not my iPhone. I shall share my rebuttals with you later. I have looked at Piri Reis as have others who claim to be experts on cartography and have determined that based on the hypothesis that a certain body of land might be Antarctica, but you act as if that was the only map that does so. The hypothesis has not been disproved by the "experts" so good luck with your debunking..

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

They found it. thought it was cool, dusted it off, made repairs, added their style to it, made it their own, used it for whatever.

How do you explain the existence of the Egyptian several thousand years before the pyramids were built?
edit on 19/6/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I have to reserve my detailed comments for when I am actually on a computer and not my iPhone. I shall share my rebuttals with you later. I have looked at Piri Reis as have others who claim to be experts on cartography and have determined that based on the hypothesis that a certain body of land might be Antarctica, but you act as if that was the only map that does so. The hypothesis has not been disproved by the "experts" so good luck with your debunking..

Actually it has.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join