Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by Hanslune
You missed an entire post of mine, but while you find it, I have something to add. The only thing linking Ki
Khufu to the Great Pyramid was a work gangs symbol drawn in red paint in the Relieving compartments above the King's Chamber... If Khufu was
responsible for simply restoring the Pyramid it would make much more sense, for these symbols. However to say based on the symbols alone, you cant
absolutely conclude he built it.
That would have required them to dissamble a vast area of the pyramid - then put it back together again, you might want to reconsider that idea once
you've looked at a diagram of the area you are talking about
There is a great deal more evidence than that: I'll list them only but will provide details if requested
1. A complete lack of any evidence for another culture to have built them while at the same time massive amounts of evidence that the AE were there
2. The builders village, a village of built who built pyramids
3. Herodotus for some odd reason seem to think the AE built the pyramids, he thought that because the AE told him that and that was during a time when
the AE could still read the hieroglyphs and some of the mortuary temples were still associated with the pyramids
4. Strabo also wrote that the pyramids served as "tombs of kings"
5. Diodorus added more details
6. the Papyrus Abbott describes the inspection of "sepulchers of former kings" under Ramesses IX. The pyramid of 17th Dynasty Sobekemsaf II was
7. The rubble, the rubble from the quarries (located near the pyramids) where the stone for the pyramids come from was dumped back into the quarries
and those dumps were dug into during the 19th century. What was found in them? Cultural material from the Egyptians, no body elses
8. Technology the pyramids were built using very (to our eyes) crude technology, using hammer stones, fire and water, bronze saw driven grit saws,
etc. Which are found in the pre-dynastic and later Egyptian periods
9. Goyon and Ginsells builders mark - this is graffiti in a different location that the relieving chambers, where it was found would have required the
outer limestone cover to be removed
10. Khufu's or 'Vise's' building marks
11. Built in an existing Eygptian necropolis - with no destruction of other graves
12. Surrounded by the graves of their family members
13.Of the 100+ pyramids, some have still been found with bodily remains inside
14. Of the 100+ pyramids, many have similar floor plans that coincide with the textually
evidenced layout of the "afterlife" voyages of the soul. An aspect of Egyptian religion
15. Of the 100+ pyramids, six have direct textual attestation of their afterlife function.
16. Of the 100+ pyramids, several have burial equipment in them.
17. Of the 100+ pyramids, several have sarcophagi in their burial chambers one of which was of definite Egyptian made and was to large to have been
put in after the pyramid was built
18. Of the 6 pyramids with texts, ALL had sarcophagi in their burial chambers
19. Of the 3 large pyramids at Giza, ALL had sarcophagi in their burial chambers
20. The culture that designed and built the pyramids used the pyramid shape as their symbol for "tomb".
21. Japanese archaeologist find inscriptions for Khufu and his son on stones with the second dismantled boat ( in the boat pits along side)
22. The C-14 tests, putting the pyramids and other monuments into the time frame attested by early work on king lists , two arrays of tests
23. Comments in text written by the AE such as: “The embalmed body of the king lay in or under the pyramid, which together with its entire compound,
was considered his body.
Ho, Horus! This Pepi Neferkare is Osiris, this pyramid of Pepi Neferkare and this work are Osiris
Betake yourself to him and don't be far from him in his identity of the pyramid
The eldest king's daughter of his body the pyramid of Teti, the companion of Horus, his beloved one, the imakhu in the sight of the Great
God, the king's daughter
"The gods of the past rest in their pyramids, the blessed nobles likewise are buried in their tombs, but the cult places of the builders of
mansions are gone
Well will stop here as I have run out of space