It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Emerald Tablets and The Great Pyramid

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by R0CR13

I deny the So called Facts that are erroneous ...your evasive answers dont add a thing here .

Then show evidence that they are not – your personal opinion has little weight. I'm not giving links to you R0CR13 because unfortunately we both know you wouldn't even look at them...we've met before remember?

The builders of the pyramids had various religious beliefs that changed from period to period .. it is no as cohesive as you would like people to believe .

Yes and what beliefs did they have at the time they built the pyramids – those are the ones you should be concerned about

Your bias is toward the dogmatic support of conventional egyptology that has not changed and never will

You mean reality and evidence? Sure it is certainly better than blind non-evidenced belief, to which you confess and bow down to. If evidence is presented (and it happens daily) I re-adjust my understanding of archaeology

You offer no evidence to support the graves surrounding the pyramids are of the same era as the great pyramids

…I happen to know that; one you will refuse to read it, two that by making that statement you show an abysmal lack of knowledge of the Giza site, yet with no knowledge of it you'll deny the facts!, three your mind is fully locked and you are very comfortable in your little self made box shouting out at everyone that you know the answers….if you will read material provided I will do so, but please state clearly that you will.

you assume it but there are no facts to prove the date of construction of the primary pyramids

Sure there are and they are accepted by consensus by the vast majority of those who study the subject, but you’ve denied them because they don’t fit your personal bias

Egyptology is not flawless Egyptologists are not all correct by default you know that but pretend to.. it is denying all other points of view that in many cases have valid point .

Never said they were, are all fringe idea (many of which contradict) all correct? Valid in what sense? Valid to you but scientifically supported? Example fringe constantly states some other culture built the pyramids but then their eyes cloud over, their jaws go slack when asked to provide evidence of such culture - while at that same time archaeology and Egyptology can provide indepth studies and evidence in ample amounts for the neolithic, pre-dynastic and old kingdom......

You're like a fundy xtian on a mission ...

Rational atheist with a knowledge of archaeology facing endless waves of fringe propaganda – which reduces its victims to a religious style belief in fringe concepts, lack of critical thinking skills, unshakeable reliance on what they been told to believe by fringe writers and the inability to process information contrary to what they want to hear….

edit on 17/6/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
as someone who has heavily read egyptian texts

my thoughts are that the "emerald" tablets are WW2 nazi propaganda........

peace

oh...as for the pyramids function...i think Mr Aymen Ibrahims theory is the latest and the best.....google him

double peace
edit on 17-6-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
as someone who has heavily read egyptian texts

my thoughts are that the "emerald" tablets are WW2 nazi propaganda........

peace

oh...as for the pyramids function...i think Mr Aymen Ibrahims theory is the latest and the best.....google him

Well there is a real emerald tablets then then are the emerald tabets of toth.....which are modern stuff made up but said to be old to give it some authority....................

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Well there is a real emerald tablets then then are the emerald tabets of toth.....which are modern stuff made up but said to be old to give it some authority....................

ok...well i only know of the thoth tablets......what era is this other one..and is it generally accepted by egyptologists or not?

peace

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

reply to post by thePharaoh

No mention of Nazis here ...? maybe you meant time traveling Nazis ?

en.wikipedia.org...

Textual history

The oldest documentable source for the text is the Kitab Sirr al-Asrar, a compendium of advice for rulers in Arabic which purports to be a letter from Aristotle to Alexander the Great. This work was translated into Latin as Secretum Secretorum (The Secret of Secrets) by Johannes "Hispalensis" or Hispaniensis (John of Seville) ca. 1140 and by Philip of Tripoli c. 1243.
In the 14th century, the alchemist Ortolanus wrote a substantial exegesis on "The Secret of Hermes," which was influential on the subsequent development of alchemy. Many manuscripts of this copy of the Emerald Tablet and the commentary of Ortolanus survive, dating at least as far back as the 15th century.
The Tablet has also been found appended to manuscripts of the Kitab Ustuqus al-Uss al-Thani (Second Book of the Elements of Foundation) attributed to Jabir ibn Hayyan, and the Kitab Sirr al-Khaliqa wa San`at al-Tabi`a ("Book of the Secret of Creation and the Art of Nature"), dated between 650 and 830 AD.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by R0CR13

the toth tablets mention atlantis.......

ie nazi propaganda......

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Hanslune

You ignore the material I post ...

the testament of Pharaoh Khufu himself that he only did repair work on the Great Pyramid. The Inventory Stele, found in 1857 by Auguste Mariette just to the east of the Pyramid, dates to about 1500 B.C., but according to Maspero and other experts, shows evidence of having been copied from a far older stele contemporaneous with the Fourth Dynasty. In the Stele, Khufu himself tells of his discoveries made while clearing away the sands from the Pyramid and Sphinx. He dedicated the account to Isis, who he called the "Mistress of the Western Mountain," "Mistress of the Pyramid," and identified the Pyramid itself as the "House of Isis."

Ignore this too ..

hallofthegods.org...

The Stele describes how Khufu, ‘gave to her (Isis) an offering anew, and built again (to restore or renovate) her temple of stone’. According to the text, the Pharaoh inspected the Sphinx and found that the monument and a nearby sycamore tree had been struck by lightning. The lightening strike had knocked off part of the headdress of the Sphinx, which Khufu restored. Egyptologist Selim Hassan, who dug the Sphinx out from the surrounding sands in the 1930's, observed there was indeed evidence that portions of the Sphinx were damaged by lightning, and the location of the ancient repairs was clearly visible. He also discovered that sycamore trees once grew to the south of the monument. The Stele finishes with the story of how Khufu built small pyramids for himself, his wife, daughters and other family members, next to the Great Pyramid. Today, the ruins of three small pyramids are indeed situated on the eastern side of the monument. Archaeologists have found independent evidence that the southernmost of the three small pyramids, flanking the Great Pyramid,

Oh and ... "Rational atheist" is self contradictory .

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

ok...well i only know of the thoth tablets......what era is this other one..and is it generally accepted by egyptologists or not?

peace

Howdy Pharoah

Here is a summary fo the actual emerald tablets from wiki

ET

is a text purporting to reveal the secret of the primordial substance and its transmutations. It claims to be the work of Hermes Trismegistus ("Hermes the Thrice-Greatest"), a legendary Hellenistic combination of the Greek god Hermes and the Egyptian god Thoth.

Here is one translation of many, not sure if this is good one

Translation

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Plato was a Nazi ???????

dialogues Timaeus and Critias, written in 360 BC, contain the earliest references to Atlantis

The overwhelming ignorance and denial on this thread is astounding ;

What a waste of time ... I think I remember now why I quit posting on ATS .

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by R0CR13

You ignore the material I post ...

Of course I didn't you posted an uncite opinion with no link - the idea that you think that is constitutes 'evidence' is mind blowing you might want to actually look up and find out what things like opinion, primary source, etc actually mean

Ignore this too ..

See above.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

The overwhelming ignorance and denial on this thread is astounding ;

Then stop doing it!

What a waste of time ... I think I remember now why I quit posting on ATS

I would suggest that you left because your thin layer of un-evidenced belief gets challenged - and you have no counter argument.......

Oh I think you are misunderstanding 'the Pharoah', the Emerald Tablets of Toth came from a group with, ah, shall we say unusual ideas, but unfortunately fairly common ones in 1925

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I actually read your material not all true as you seem to have no limit to the time you spend posting here ..

Granted you have a great deal of knowledge on the subject its how you dish it out that I have a problem with .. and

You still refuse to address the point I made .

There is Evidence that the Pyramids were preexisting but you wont hear it .. come on im sure you have some dismissive comment as to the veracity of what was found carved in stone .

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
hey can someone give me a link to the texts...i tried to google it and couldnt find the translation.

thanks in advance peace

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Try google and take your pick.

sorry abt the attitude .

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

There is Evidence that the Pyramids were preexisting but you wont hear it .. come on im sure you have some dismissive comment as to the veracity of what was found carved in stone .

interesting point...my research led me to know

GIZA WAS USED IN THE FIRST AND SECOND DYNASTIES

there fore the site had importance as kings were buried there before

also the outcrops in the area, naturally lead one to believe that outcrops were used as bases/foundations of the pyramids...

BUT....i still think that the "surface" area...ie the "extension" we curretnly see as the pyramid was put in place at the time of kufu and khafre.......

so the site is older.....could of had something there already...and very significant to the kings....

as for the texts,,,,, pyramids have been there for about 4,500 years...thats a long stretch...the texts could have been written anywhere in that long stretch of time...thats the problem witrh ancient relics....you can make the "window" of variance, as many years long as you want....that would mean...the texts could be written from 100 BC...to 500 BC....what we need is "context" from the text....

which is why i need the link...lol.....link me to the translation please

peace
edit on 17-6-2012 by thePharaoh because: MY ASS ITCHED

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I actually read your material not all true as you seem to have no limit to the time you spend posting here .

Its Sunday and I don't live the middle east anymore - I understood that to be a non work day

Granted you have a great deal of knowledge on the subject its how you dish it out that I have a problem with .. and

I treat you you far better than you treat facts, evidence and science, with the distain of someone who knows nothing yet denies it nonetheless.

You still refuse to address the point I made

You didn't make any 'points' you made statements of opinion, which are not backed by evidence

Present say, your three best pieces, of evidence that their was a culture other than the Egyptians who made the pyramids. May I also suggest that it not be some fringe writers opinion on a website? Or is that to much to ask?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

as for the texts,,,,, pyramids have been there for about 4,500 years...thats a long stretch...the texts could have been written anywhere in that long stretch of time...thats the problem witrh ancient relics....you can make the "window" of variance, as many years long as you want....that would mean...te texts could be written from 100 BC...to 500 BC....what we need is "context" from the text....

Or longer according to a fore mentioned text .

try this one to get you started

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

You complain that people wont look at facts and then you wont look either ...

LOL !

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

You complain that people wont look at facts and then you wont look either ...

I just asked you to provide your best three best pieces of evidence that the pyramids were made by a non-egyptian culture . If you don't post it I cannot read it....

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Thanks for the thread, how do you explain the Egyptians building it as tomb referring to it as tomb for 4,400 years and with the new age 'take over' of the pyramids occuring only recently?

When Thoth left, after ages and ages ( centuries/ millenia ) the true knowledge was lost and so people probably just either thought it was a tomb or were told it was a tomb, and since it looks like a tomb, those not knowing the truth would assume it was just a tomb , and those who knew more, knew better, know what it actually is.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join