It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Emerald Tablets and The Great Pyramid

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by thePharaoh

This is your view of the subject, doesn't mean everyone sees the sky as blue.
edit on 17-6-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

We also have the workers village,, which is nearby, there are also tombs of people who were important workers on the pyramid. The one that comes mind is the tomb of a workgang overseer, who died while the pyramid was under construction and the inscriptions specificaly state that this person led a work gang on the pyramid.
There are records of productivity, by the work crews, and records of injuries of workmen, and even records of workers " calling in sick" with broken arms.
There even is a tomb inscription some several hundred miles away that tells how the deceased was honored to be able make the arduous journey to work a season on the pyramid

You can chose to believe the sky isn't blue , but that doesn't make it true.
edit on 19-6-2012 by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
To all the people who believe that we couldn't build on today, sorry to say you live in a fantasy land.
Given an equal percentage on GNP, any first world nation, a position which AE was in at the time, could build a pyramid quite rapidly.
I would say less that 3 years, Hoover dam was built in five years with 100 year old tech.
And that involves a lot more than just moving the concrete ,there were 4 diversion tunnels dug, 16000' of 56' dia. tunnels were dug before the real work could begin. I could find no resource that detailed how much rock was removed from the canyon during construction, but it was an astronomical amount. In all 3 333 000 cubic meters of concrete were poured in the complex, compared to a total volume of around 1 490 729 cubic meter volume of the pryamid(,that's a very rough estimate).
A modern minning truck can haul
350 tons of material at a time and move at speeds of 25 mph.
Modern quarrying operations cut blocks of stone up to six hundred tons at a time and more.
Modern cranes can easily move the blocks , one brand of crawler crane can move 750 tons at a time.
I could go on and on but I tire of this rediculous discussion.
I little thing to chew on

I recomend that those who don't think we could do it get out and actually see what makes our modern world work.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks10

What anybody in their right mind means by that, hopefully, is that they couldn't figure out how to do it with the known tools that the Egyptians had.

And that is galling.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I think you are misunderstanding.. when people say we couldn't do it today.. they mean with the materials they supposedly had.... even with our vast knowledge of engineering we couldn't figure out how to do what they did with such supposed archaic methods.

I don't think it's a question of moving heavy objects that we would struggle with.. it's the precision the great pyramid was built to.. the planning that would be required for this level of precision and the fact it is still standing today after thousands of years.. hell.. we have bridges and buildings unintentionally disintegrating here in the US after a measly few decades...

edit on 20-6-2012 by 8311-XHT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8311-XHT

I think you are misunderstanding.. when people say we couldn't do it today.. they mean with the materials they supposedly had.... even with our vast knowledge of engineering we couldn't figure out how to do what they did with such supposed archaic methods.

I don't think it's a question of moving heavy objects that we would struggle with.. it's the precision the great pyramid was built to.. the planning that would be required for this level of precision and the fact it is still standing today after thousands of years.. hell.. we have bridges and buildings unintentionally disintegrating here in the US after a measly few decades...

piles of limestone do tend to be very stable and survive well in the climate of Egypt - had they been built elsewhere with more rain the limestone would have been suffered badly.

I've seen both meaning brought out, that we couldn't do it with modern technology or that we couldn't do it using AE technology.

It could certainly be built with modern technology.....using AE technology is another matter, a nearly complete lack of experience in such a project and acceptance of very heavy losses of life and limb (compared to modern construction). The AE had master craftmen with generations of experience, we have only a few people with slight amounts of experience with stone masonry.

The problem is similar to rebuilding the French & Spanish fleet that was defeated at Trafalgar, you would find it very difficult to rebuild it using the techniques used at the time because there are only a very limited number of people around who know how to do it - and of course you'd have an even greater difficult finding 10,000's of thousands of crew with those skills or willing to live at that level of discomfort to man the things....

edit on 20/6/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Hanslune

I have to reserve my detailed comments for when I am actually on a computer and not my iPhone. I shall share my rebuttals with you later. I have looked at Piri Reis as have others who claim to be experts on cartography and have determined that based on the hypothesis that a certain body of land might be Antarctica, but you act as if that was the only map that does so. The hypothesis has not been disproved by the "experts" so good luck with your debunking..

We await your return

For the lurkers here, here is an incomplete list of fringe attempts at explanations of the wealth of evidence supporting the AE building the pyramids....

1. The AAT and AHT bring in an 'overseer' to guide those poor hapless (non-white) Egyptians in building the pyramids - since there is only one or a small group this explains the lack of evidence for them and since the AE did all the physical labour why it pyramids reflect that

2. The 'drop cloth' people, these are AHT and sometimes AAT who built the pyramids but cover the Giza plateau with the 'dropcloth', and make sure they leave absolutely nothing behind.

2a. A variant of 2 this imagines that the AHT and AAT had magical mental powers and either wiped the AE minds of their memory or convinced them they (the AE) had done the work

3. The Plan, this theory means that the AHT or AAT gave the AE a plan in some method, or it came to the AE etc and they followed the plan

3a. A variant of the above in this one, the AE, after building the pyramid, destroy all the advance technology

4. The vast conspiracy, that evil governments, religions, societies, etc hold such a control of the world that they suppress the idea of AAT and ADT in regards to the building the pyramids

4a. The Misr conspiracy, that the 'Egyptologists' themselves are suppressing the knowledge of AAT and ADT

5. The lesser conspiracy, that the AE found the pyramid and then went through an elaborate charade to hide all evidence of the AAT or AHT so that in the future no one would know it......

6. Supernatural, a god, gods, or semi-gods created the pyamid in a 'flash' and also created the evidence that the AE built it

There are a few other variants but those are the usual claims.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

using AE technology is another matter, a nearly complete lack of experience in such a project and acceptance of very heavy losses of life and limb (compared to modern construction). The AE had master craftmen with generations of experience,

I don't get out they could have master craftsmen with generations of experience. Just what constitutes a generation, much less generations? I thought that was in regards to offspring? Their craftsmen could probably learn just as much as one of our craftsmen in one life time. Hell according to you, with our fancy schools called 'College', our craftsmen would have the upper hand. Now sure they might have had some kind of predecessor, we're the advanced ones, right?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I don't get out they could have master craftsmen with generations of experience. Just what constitutes a generation, much less generations? I thought that was in regards to offspring? Their craftsmen could probably learn just as much as one of our craftsmen in one life time. Hell according to you, with our fancy schools called 'College', our craftsmen would have the upper hand. Now sure they might have had some kind of predecessor, we're the advanced ones, right?

Generation defined: the term of years, roughly 30 among human beings*, accepted as the average period between the birth of parents and the birth of their offspring.

Artists of that time period learned the trade from their fathers or they were apprenticed to noted master, nothing was written done.

I'm not aware of a college that teaches ancient stonemasonry in the ancient Egyptian style

This is a best guess based on the evidence we have:

First 'pyramid' was built by Imhotep for the Pharoah Djoser around 2625 BC

Two more pyamids by his ancestors, the 'layered' and 'buried' pyramids

Pharoah Sneferu built three pyramids, Bent, Red and North, his son was Khufu whose son was Khafre whose son was Menkaure, who son Shepseskaf built the Mastabet el-Fara'un

Inbetween that was Sneferu brother/son?? Djedefre who built the pyramid at Abu Rawash

They then built 7 more before the end of the 5th dynasty

So they had a bit of experience and at least three, perhaps four generations of pyramid building experience before they did their best work on Giza

*probably around 18-22 years with AE

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8311-XHT
I have come to a completely different conclusion. From what I have discovered I am completely convinced the Giza pyramid had 2 distinct purposes at least...

1. It was a huge particle accelerator producing cosmic rays - cosmic rays produce atmosphere. The ancient Atlanteans were trying to reverse climate change and the powers-that-be know this and are using this ancient story to manipulate the present. The massive flooding already happened because of this climate change. At the end of the last ice age there was a dramatic drop in cosmic rays hitting the Earth which caused the loss of the protective atmosphere that kept the planet cool.

2. The excess power this massive structure created was used to transmute elements in the King's chamber. Originally the pyramids had colored outer casing stones. The smallest black, middle red/orange and the largest white.

These are the three colors of transmutation in alchemy... they are also the colors uranium goes through when processed. Black ore, to orange cake to white uranium. I also suspect this uranium may have been transmuted to another unknown element.. such as element 115 which Bob Lazar said couldn't be produced on Earth. Maybe the Atlanteans used this element as a fuel to leave this solar system?

There is proof the Giza Pyramid was a particle accelerator... the exact latitude of the middle of the Grand Gallery where the particles were accelerated is the same number as the speed of light in meters per second... this means that the people who built the great pyramid built it to indicate this and they passed down their method of measure over the years through secret societies.

I had come to this determination that the Grand Gallery was a particle accelerator BEFORE I learned of this speed of light number built into the Grand Gallery..

www.youtube.com...

in rachel montana mexicans and non compliant humanoid laborers have been sleeping with the enemy and can emerald planets find my undergarments that were stolen

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
hrmm...
pyramids as tombs. nice as this sounds and obviously there is annecdotal evidence this might be true, as far as i know the fact remains that no exrtant mummy has ever been found in anegyptian pyramid.
that is not to say that some mummy parts have been found in them and such other things but the fact remains that this just cannot be proven to be actually true.
for myself i dont buy it. i think the pyramid had some ritual function (i will even give the other fringier ideas more credence then tombs. eek). and i think this ritual function is the reason there where cemetaries around the pyramids.
when your holy book is translated as "the book of the dead" (or an alternate i have heard but dont know if it is correct but "the book of waking by day") the idea of having a huge ritual building that you call a "tomb" doesnt seem too far fetched. quite frankly i think the original purpose of the pyramids became lost to the egyptians and that only later generations actually might have thought of them as, and tried to reuse them as, tombs. (and no i dont have anything really to back this up).
i could be wrong; but understand that those who consider the pyramids as just tombs, if they are being honest, cannot say that they are 100 percent certain of the pyramids being just tombs.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
you will note i tried to type extant mummy but garbled it.
but even this evidence is not proof that pyramids were used as tombs. and this was of course the whole point of my statement .

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Benevolent Adversary
but even this evidence is not proof that pyramids were used as tombs. and this was of course the whole point of my statement .

Actually it is, its a pyramid, and has a burial in it, that is also why you find mortuary temples to pharoahs associated with pyramids, and the AE using the hieroglyph of a pyramid for the word 'tomb'.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
actually i can think of a number of reasons why a mortuary temple could be associated with a ritual object/monument/site. the same goes for the word "tomb" particualrily when said word is a heiroglyph. as far as i know heiroglyphs are not actually words, as such, but instead are a type of amalgamation of ideas bound to a symbol, which depend highly on context/juxtapostion with other such symbols to be given meaning.
and what really makes all of this trickier (imo and i am no expert or even true amatuer) is the fact that the religion/philosophy of egypt seems to have a strange conception of death and other ideas attendant upon it. that is i doubt very much that their idea of death is anything like ours, and in fact might not be fully comprehended by western minds without great study.
i will not dispute the fact that pyramids have something to do with death/afterlife or something very closely related, but when things seem to be very different at a philosophical level between cultures then and now, one should be very wary about interpreting what meaning something had for them then using the thinking that one has now.
sometimes a cigar is not a cigar, and sometimes it is a great smoke.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Actually it is, its a pyramid, and has a burial in it, that is also why you find mortuary temples to pharoahs associated with pyramids, and the AE using the hieroglyph of a pyramid for the word 'tomb'.

Would you care to provide some sources to that THEORY.

Did you ever read the information that states that the dynasty in question found the great structures, repaired them, built upon them , and retrofitted the pyramids to make it their own?

To say the pyramids were built as tombs for a young king just promotes your lack of understanding and shines a narrow view on what you claim to be reality. Your disk drive is full.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
]

Would you care to provide some sources to that THEORY.

I await you debunking of the theory why not start a new thread and you can put up all your evidence

Did you ever read the information that states that the dynasty in question found the great structures, repaired them, built upon them , and retrofitted the pyramids to make it their own?

Yes I have and it wasn't believable. I would ask if you ever read any information about the AE that wasn't fringe but - that would be a waste of time now wouldn't it.

To say the pyramids were built as tombs for a young king just promotes your lack of understanding and shines a narrow view on what you claim to be reality. Your disk drive is full.

To say the pyramids were built as tombs for a young king just promotes my understanding of the evidence and shines a narrow view on what you claim to be reality.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

actually i can think of a number of reasons why a mortuary temple could be associated with a ritual object/monument/site. the same goes for the word "tomb" particualrily when said word is a heiroglyph. as far as i know heiroglyphs are not actually words, as such, but instead are a type of amalgamation of ideas bound to a symbol, which depend highly on context/juxtapostion with other such symbols to be given meaning.
and what really makes all of this trickier (imo and i am no expert or even true amatuer) is the fact that the religion/philosophy of egypt seems to have a strange conception of death and other ideas attendant upon it. that is i doubt very much that their idea of death is anything like ours, and in fact might not be fully comprehended by western minds without great study.
i will not dispute the fact that pyramids have something to do with death/afterlife or something very closely related, but when things seem to be very different at a philosophical level between cultures then and now, one should be very wary about interpreting what meaning something had for them then using the thinking that one has now.
sometimes a cigar is not a cigar, and sometimes it is a great smoke.

And sometime a tomb is just a tomb. If you don't believe the Pyramids were built as tombs, despite being built in a necropolis and surrounded by the tombs of their families - where did they put the Pharoahs body?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

in regards to the great pyramids, isnt it already accepted that they actually buried the pharoahs who built them elsewhere?
i thought the valley of the kings was where most had been buried. of course with such a long history as a civilization threre might have been many places like the valley.
i have always been interested in ancient civilizations but i freely admit that egypt was never high on my list (not sure why).

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join