It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could mainland U.S. be invaded by a conventional military?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Not one single person on here has provided a logical way for a foreign power to move all of their troops and equipment to the mainland US.

Here is a good way to do that!

1) Genocide! Wage Utter Complete War With No Rules Whatsoever!

What I am about to quote, I read on a website and was quite impressed with its audacity
and SHEER RUTHLESSNESS....ironically it was WRITTEN BY an American on how to defeat Iran.

Take a few hundred Boeing 747 Cargo Aircraft from commercial fleets...which is easy to do if you`re a
China-sized or Russia sized power....and fill them all to the brim with 2 litre pop-bottles filled with styrene emulsion
infused gasoline...otherwise known as NAPALM...attach CHEAP blasting caps to each of the 100,000+
2 litre pop bottles...and begin bombing...aim first for every major grocery store and gas or fueling station...firebomb them ALL to a crisp....this could be done in 24 hours and with 300 747s that`s like 3 MILLION NAPALM bombs which could start a very nice fire storm....then firebomb ALL schools, ALL hospitals, and all power sub-stations...don`t need to bomb the power stations themselves...just the central distribution points.
With 300 747`s one could run 5 or 6 sorties per day per aircraft dumpling MANY MILLIONS of napalm bombs
an all major infrastructure. Forget about roads and housing at first...Get the Gas Stations, Food Marts, Wal Marts, Schools, Hospitals and Power and Natural Gas Distribution Points.

Then one firebombs ALL farm land and POISONS it with Ethylene Glycol (Which is CHEAP and plentiful) to kill any chance of growing food in the future.!!!! Now find all water reservoirs and dump massive quantities of
Flourine into the water using Flourine-filled 2 litre plastic bottles which won't react with the flourine...the water ITSELF will burn, releasing hydrogen and cause FURTHER fire-caused destruction to nearby water distribution infrastructure. Do this in October and JUST before the major snows hit and wait for winter to do its mass cull
of humanity!

ONLY THEN does one begin bombing transportation hubs, sea ports, refineries, mnanufacturing centres, airports, and government infrastructure.
At 6 sorties per day for 300 747 aircraft that`s 1800 bombing runs and 3 million bombs per day....do that for two weeks straight and the USA would be brought to its knees.

====

While the above is an absolutely insane scenario because of our NUCLEAR RETALIATION capability,
as a purely intellectual exercise...its a quite plausible scenario on a militarily POSSIBLE basis...meaning
it COULD BE PHYSICALLY DONE in a logistically reasonable period of time... creating 30 million
2 litre napalm bombs with simple styrene infused gasoline is CHEAP and FAST using basic commercial-grade
infrastructure...buying or leasing 300 or more Boeing 747`s is quite easy on the commerical market.
Strip them clean and use em for mass bomb runs....all you need to do is add ANTI-surface to air missile
mitigation systems. Special forces would probably be sent over first to disable such systems on a tactical level.
and to counter Strategic Missile forces...may i suggest using computer imaging software to measure the visual disturbance of submarine wakes in near-surface waters caused by bow-shocks as a large bulbous missile sub
PLOWS through the water. Once you find the bow-shocks which could be done OCEAN-WIDE by satellite,
just hit em all with MULTIPLE sub-roc missiles (i.e. super cavitation technology)...those subs would be TOAST
and then let the firebombing begin!

When the USA and Britain firebombed Dresden in 1944/1945 such firebombing was extremely effective killing more people
and destroying more infrastructure than both the atom bombs dropped on Japan which finally stopped WW2.

Ruthless and Deadly!

===

So in answer to the QUESTION as to WHETHER OR NOT the USA could be invaded by a foreign power,
the QUICK ANSWER IS YES !!!! ....BUT there would be a massive cost to the local environment and
a moral cost that MOST CITIZENS in the other country would NOT be willing to pay!

===

This rhetorical question regarding the Invasion of the USA is NOT really a technical or general warfighting
question...but rather a MORAL ONE....WHY would or SHOULD THEY?...aka the other country`s army!
Since the Earth's surface is 75% water, there is STILL LOTS of Leibensraum (or Living Room) to stake
a claim in and while fossil resources ARE beginning to become a bit short...so long there is still half
a quadrillion TONNES of untapped Methane Hydrates in the subsea environment usable for Energy Production,
i personally believe we STILL have enough time and resources usable for us Humans (however idiotic we actually are!) to SOMEHOW get us OFF this rock into the BILLIONS of cubic LIGHT YEARS of living room available
in OUTER SPACE!!!!

So instead of us finding faster and nastier ways to kill us all...HELP US GET OF THIS ROCK!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by StargateSG7

Lol, heartless.

But, you wouldn't even need a whole lot of Anti-Surface to Air Missiles. Just use Tomahawk cruise missiles to turn those defenses into dust then you start a massive bombing run.

But, even so, that is pretty low tech. I am sure the Iranian Air Force would shoot down those Boeing 747s on the first or second runs. You would need to subdue their air and land power to have any hope of firebombing them.

Also, if someone did do that to another nations (Attempt mass genocide) then the international community would take some very, very serious counter measures.
Even with the US political monopoly I doubt they would get away with such acts.

Not only would Russia and China cry in outrage, but Pakistan, Turkey, Syria, India and elements of the UN would take very serious measures.

Hell, maybe the survivors would access the Iranian missiles sites and launch them at every single US base in the Mid East.

And Syria would use its vast stores chemical weapons to eradicate the US/Israeli presence in the M-E.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Trajan

HEARTLESS and UTTERLY RUTHLESS is the WORD!

I didn't write it -- I merely sub-quoted and summarised the text of what I read from
some self-possessed "American Super-Soldier" who though he'd found a cheap low-tech way
to bomb an entire society into submission...I somewhat have an idea of the consequences
of firebombing are because of stories from grandparents in WW2 who ACTUALLY WERE firebombed
by the USA/Britain...hearing such stories where they saw the literally ENDLESS DESERT of
charred remains of men, women and children strewn about and the utterly horrid descriptions
of fire tornados literally sucking the breath out of you as you watch your unlucky friends and
family being torched ALIVE in vaaaaast multi-square miles of firestorms is NOT something
I'd wish upon ANY population.

I sigh as I see our own generation commit the SAME mistakes our ancestors did...except this time
the CONSEQUENCES ARE MUCH, MUCH GREATER because of our powerful nuclear capabilities.

I am sooooo wishing for a bunch of Aliens to come on down to help us get humanity OFF THIS ROCK
so we can have enough living space to go about our own ways without rubbing up against all the nutcases
who LIKE starting devastating wars.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I thought I'd chime in on this topic.

While *technically* possible (outstanding circumstances, mitigating factors, and sheer brute force), a "Conventional" invasion of the mainland United States would not and could not succeed.

As stated earlier, no invasion force travelling by sea or air would get anywhere near the landmass. That means the invading military force would have to come in on land.

Circumstances would have to be extremely skewed negatively (Canada or Mexico "going rogue", for example) or cumulative (Russia, China, Iran, India, Cuba, Venezuela, North Korea, etc. all forming a NATO-like defense organization) before such a military action could take shape. The Security Services of the United States Government would be well aware of what was on the horizon and would begin preparing/taking action immediately in either case.

The population would be drafted, as many as could hold a weapon and receive the most basic of training. Obviously, the maximum age limit would be raised for "actual" military drafting, but it's a sure bet that the "unofficial" military would receive some basic equipment & training, and become able to function within a loose command-control structure designed to harass and otherwise delay the invading forces. As 1/4 of the populace is already armed, there are plenty of "good enough" shooters to teach everyone else who needed to learn how to fire and care for a weapon.

So, my long-winded deconstruction ends up with a simple "no". A "conventional" military invasion of the mainland United States would not and could not succeed.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Kualros

Your synopsis more or less mirrors my own.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
How would this invading army get through all of the missile defense systems, submarines and our air force? They would have to get through all of tbat before even getting 100 miles from the coast. Im sure that the army would have plenty of time to position infantry and artillery thanks to all of the satellite intelligence.

The invading army would be droned to death before even landing on the shores

EMP thats how.

We got a few fake satellites in space that are now combined revealing their true function. We can EMP sectors as wide is 100KM square.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

It seems great minds think alike.

I was reading further back in the topic, and it seems that there are some who believe that "Americans are too comfy-cozy-distracted-well fed-whatever" to put up a fight ... I say this to those people:

You have NO idea the hornets' nest that would be stirred up. The "too lazy/kind-hearted/pussified" Americans? Take away our toys, and full bellies. Deprive us of our so-called "distractions". GIVE us a reason to go bat-[expletive]-crazy on a common enemy. MOTIVATE us. Obviously you have forgotten our history of defiance.

/end rant.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

they dont care to die they are looking forward two virgins in there after life. they get in with visa and are highly trained to wipe out local police force in urban combat, are government would call in the wardogs the death toll & the people stops working the world would stop just like 911 Dog eat Dog stay out of the urban war. some cry for help when there smart phone stops

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

The United States will never be invaded because every blade of grass will be guarded by a gun. I'd love to see someone try to invade just a city in America. Just one city... like Detroit or Los Angeles. I think Chris Rock said it best, "Man, you couldn't take over Baltimore in two weeks!"

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Kualros

Japan was right when they called America a sleeping dragon. The problem is our diversity. We have so many competing needs and desires it makes it difficult to function as a collective. Take away that distraction, give us a common goal and a common enemy, give us the motivation to forget our differences and work together .. and that Nation or enemy will see what it truly means to be a Superpower.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
We are the most violence-glorifying nation in the history of the world.

Gangbangers would be chopping off the invading armies heads and lining them up on the sidewalks.

Most #in countries would have problems taking over our suburbs.

Good luck going up against our rednecks on their territory.

You wanna take over New York, Detroit, or Los Angeles?

HA is all I can say to that. Good #ing luck.

Our military vets, our gang members, our average joe americans who are fighting for their lives....

If you think you've seen some awesome # on youtube from the insurgents in Iraq and Afganistan, our citizens would top that easily.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Trajan

The IRA! LOL! I have nice neighbors who's of Grandma and Grandpa age that would make the IRA look like.... a Pre-schooler with a TWIG!

You have NO IDEA how well armed the average U.S. Citizen is nor do you have any idea of how Downright MEAN one becomes when you mess with their Rights or Property. The General Population of the United States is probably armed to an extent greater than all of the European Nations Armies put together!

If you live in some U.S. States...you can go to the DRIVE THROUGH with a License...buy an AR-15 an AK-47...any Rifle, Shotgun or Handgun as well as Uzi's or the like...and also get a 12 pack of Beer, Ammo, a Burger and a wide array of Body Armor.

We have BIKER GANGS for Cripes Sakes that are larger and better armed than some Countries! And you bring up a little skirmish like Ireland and England? HELL! We call that a WEEKEND IN LOS ANGELES! More shots are fired at Road Signs in TEXAS in a year than the Ammo Supply of Belgium!

An attack on the Mainland of the United States would begin and end about a few hundred miles off the coast of the attacking country. Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BODYBAGxPAT

I'd like to add that the probability of Russian, Chinese, and other communist-controlled "My life isn't worth living" soldiers, would defect immediately and join Americans, because they don't want to live in their own countries. In Iraq, how many Iraqi troops happily gave up their arms?

It seems our biggest enemy lies in this current Obama administrationI

It's pretty common knowledge that there's already many foreign troops in our country, If you care to look at the fires burning in CO and the southwest, the nuclear radition and "explosions" in the southern MI and IN border area, I think we have to look at our own gov't for the threat. La Raza is always saying they're going to "retake their land."

This is a conspiracy website. I sure hope I'm wrong I do believe America will withstand any enemy in the long-run.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
The thing is that there is not one single country or let's say for Ha Ha's....every single Military on Earth decided to send troops to invade the U.S....and I mean...EVERY SINGLE NAVY AND EVERY SINGLE POSSIBLE WAY A COUNTRY COULD MOVE GROUND FORCES...attempted an Invasion of the U.S.

Since the U.S. has the Atlantic Ocean on one side...the Pacific Ocean on the other....Canada is the 51st State and there are HUNDREDS of U.S. Military Bases that protect anything coming from over the North Polar Region and Mexico being a Southern Choke Point for any Army that landed in either South America or attempted to land near Panama...which the U.S. has heavily defended due to the Canal....the U.S. Navy would have a Field Day as well as the U.S. Air Force which can project Air Defense as well as Attack Surface Ships at a greater distance...UNLIMITED DUE TO IN FLIGHT REFUELING....THAN ANY OR ALL COUNTRIES PUT TOGETHER.

Since we are leaving Nukes out of the equation I will not include numerous Game Changer Weapons such as the New Non-Nuclear EMP devices that can be dropped by B-2's, B-1's, B-52's and smaller EMP's of which TWO can be carried inside the internal Bomb Bays of the F/A-22 Raptor.

The Real Power rests in the New U.S. DIRECT ENERGY WEAPONS such as the FEL or FREE ELECTRON LASER...of which two land based Nuclear Powered Versions are active and an Unknown number at sea...also Nuclear Powered. All U.S. Carriers as well as all Aegis Class Cruisers will be fitted with Nuclear Powered FEL's...this being an ULTIMATE WEAPON...that could easily destroy at the Speed of Light...EVERY MILITARY TARGET ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH as well as in Space or even SUBS that are 1000 feet underwater. But we will not use this for this equation either as even without the FEL or all sorts of Ultra-Top Secret Weapon Systems the U.S. has developed....the U.S. Navy with it's Carrier Groups and Attack Subs would be able to do the Job easily.

China has Millions of Troops but if you can't Force Project them...they are only good for Mainland China's defense. The U.S. spent over $1.3 TRILLION last year on DEFENSE. That is more than all the top Military Nations World Wide. To even SUGGEST that it might be possible to invade the U.S. Mainland is INSANE!
Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

We may not see eye to eye on all topics, but you are spot on here. I dont get how others dont see this. There is zero chance in todays world of an invasion on US soil being successful.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

the government would love to declare marshall law, grocery stores would sellout, gas pumps would go dry. but my freedom is my freedom your puppy dog might be my food chain.im no match for there AKs but i will live free they will never make me stand in line for food obama says we can i say not if i dont want to.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kualros

the government would love to declare marshall law, grocery stores would sellout, gas pumps would go dry. but my freedom is my freedom your puppy dog might be my food chain.im no match for there AKs but i will live free they will never make me stand in line for food obama says we can i say not if i dont want to. the rich would be lost without there maid service

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Yep, and that's just the weaponry that is only now coming to light.

Remember the old saying about "Military Technology being 50-100 years ahead of anything that the private sector has"? I'd say that's conservative -- I've heard of things in the arsenal that make Railguns look cute and cuddly. And Railgun tech has been worked on since the early 70's. And I can promise the doubtful that these "Research Corporations" developing this stuff would LOVE a few live-fire exercises to test their new toys.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by madenusa

Not likely. Most "rich people" I know are Preppers, by and large.

But you didn't hear that from me.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Well stated indeed. Star for you!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join