It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could mainland U.S. be invaded by a conventional military?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

How many people hunt in the US? I bet it is more then most standing armies in the world. Something to think about.

Maybe most standing armies in the world is correct, but potential enemy armies now that is a whole different game.
Check out this link or Google till you find something you like.

en.wikipedia.org...

That is one heck of a lot of trained and armed soldiers.....
Now toss in Russia and you have got one big force....
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Just a point of history, the Maginot line was not finished, it stopped at the east of the Belgian border, and the
forest section of the Ardennes had hardly any defenses, plus according to Len Deighton's book, 'Blitzkrieg' the french army was drunk half the time. And the Belgian army refused to cooperate with the BEF or France.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

OH.. those Chinese"carrier destroyers" LOL. There seems to be a little bit of a problem with them. You see being a ballistic missile after the ascent phase you lose almost all ability to course correct. Now if they fire one and we start tracking it that is relayed to the intended targets to move out of its way. the ship has to be almost standing still for it to even hit. Iran has the same missiles and they had to have their ships sitting still to hit them.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by getreadyalready
500,000 enemy operatives can wreak a lot of havoc if they are all set into motion simultaneously

One word: COMMUNICATIONS

It may be hard to catch some Al Qaeda operative, but guess what, even that is not unheard of. A couple of traced cellphone calls, receipts, tickets etc.

If you are hiring half a million operatives, it will be also prone to infiltration. And POOF! Goes the plan.

It would be prone to infiltration, but if they had connections to well meaning fringe groups here in the States, the communications wouldn't be all that difficult. A little face to face, a little coded conversation, some anonymous email accounts and burner phones, and a couple of coded publications in obscure periodicals. If I were doing it, I would hide stuff in obituaries and radio ads. Communication deep in enemy territory had gone on for centuries with decent success.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
Any psychotic military leader could surely attempt an invasion, but very doubtful that they would have even a limited success at holding a position for any given amount of time. I know for a fact that I wouldn't want to be part of the invading force. The claim that there is no work ethic in the US and any other derogatory statement would be immediately thrown out the window. If foreign soldiers set foot on US soil with the intention to claim the US it would be one of the single most unifying events to ever occur next to a common threat from an other worldly force. People of all races, religions, cultural standings would immediately cast all differences aside to fight a common enemy.

I always say that if we were invaded, cops and gang bangers would stand side by side to fight back. Invading the U.S. would be suicide for anyone who tried.

edit on 9-8-2012 by Antonio1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antonio1

Originally posted by SpaDe_
Any psychotic military leader could surely attempt an invasion, but very doubtful that they would have even a limited success at holding a position for any given amount of time. I know for a fact that I wouldn't want to be part of the invading force. The claim that there is no work ethic in the US and any other derogatory statement would be immediately thrown out the window. If foreign soldiers set foot on US soil with the intention to claim the US it would be one of the single most unifying events to ever occur next to a common threat from an other worldly force. People of all races, religions, cultural standings would immediately cast all differences aside to fight a common enemy.

I always say that if we were invaded, cops and gang bangers would stand side by side to fight back. Invading the U.S. would be suicide for anyone who tried.

edit on 9-8-2012 by Antonio1 because: (no reason given)

They would still be no match for a highly trained and organised military, it's stupid to think otherwise.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DaesDaemar

Puleeeeeeeeze DaesDaemar,

I'm sure you praise the insurgents in Afganistan and Iraq and boast about how they are destroying America's forces....fact of the matter is we have them scattered like roaches.

So now you say Americans civilians, with ex military members all over, ex green beret officers who can train civilians how to fire, ex iraq/afgan veterans who could train the American Civilian populace how to make Iraq style IEDs, a nation that has the most guns in the planet, couldn't stand up to an organized military force?

Some people just love to blindly hate the USA...no matter what the topic.

Over in the middle east, im sure your just stoked about how simple farmers are 'kicking the militarys ass'

BUT

when it comes subject about a military force invading the USA, those rednecks would have no chance.....

You still dont see how blind and biased some of you are, but your fools.

Our rednecks, police force, gang bangers, every day civilians, would make your life a living hell.

China's 'Little Emperors' who have been raised by their mothers and grandmothers (read up on it) their whole spoiled pussy lives would be no match.....imagine the look on their face rolling down the 5 freeway in California with the heads of Chinese troopers on stakes....

We'd kill em all. Everyone but liberals and hipsters would fight, and thats why we would win. If your a real American star this post, I am sick of all the ANTI US # going on around here. Your all punks
edit on 10-8-2012 by bodybagPAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bodybagPAT

No, I don't hate the USA.

You honestly believe that an invading force will act like America does in a conflict? If you resist, they will slaughter you! How long will it take all these ex-military guys to train the populace to fight back effectively? How well will that work against planes, tanks and bombs? What about tactical nukes?

The only reason insurgents still operate in areas like Afghanistan is because western countries don't tend to engage in wholesale slaughter. You really belive a military invading America would be as nice?

Say you do organise resistance? What if they say surrender or we will nuke such and such a city or surrender or we slaughter all your children?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Easily.

It would take a large covert setup first, and then it would take occupying key areas that could not be destroyed with heavy artillery, and from there the invasion would be afoot.

Imagine infiltrating for 10 years across a porous southern border, and through student visas and work visas and putting your players in the field. Acquire weapons and knowledge of our society. Then, create misdirection, maybe some terrorist attacks, and a faux invasion away from the real action, while the real players are taking up key positions near strategic areas like refineries, nuke plants, or large urban areas. Then, just like Normandy, you move in heavily, you take heavy losses, but by controlling the volatile areas you render our air strikes useless. We can't use ICBM's, nukes, or MOABs on our own urban areas, infrastructure, or near hazardous materials like refineries and nuke plants. You ensure face to face fighting so our technology and air force are pretty useless.

There are dozens of other ways too. If you really wanted to soften the target, just put 100 DC-Sniper style operatives all around the country scaring people into not buying gas, not going to work, not going to school. Destroy the local economies in key areas, it entails little risk and little expense, but it has crushing effectiveness on our lifestyle. Get people scared again like they were post 9/11 and with our economy already teetering on the brink you could implode it pretty easily.

Once the economy is imploded, now it is difficult to tell domestic terrorists from real terrorists, and tell false operations from real operations, and you just send out a lot of misdirection before you finally launch the invasion.

The key is rendering our weapons useless against ourselves and keeping our population fighting each other and our own government long enough for the invaders to get a good foothold.

There is my dime store version off the top of my head. Imagine what somene actually trained in the arts of war, with a team of advisors, and a huge budget could come up with over a few months!

Not sure if you mentioned this... as I skimmed through your post and read a lot good points...

If I might add, clip the rose at the bud, aim some terrorist attacks at our nuclear facilities. When I fear for an invader with intention to harm, I fear for the nearest nuclear facility getting blown to bits and contaminating our environment. We take for granted our environment, make our environment our enemy. That can even out the board.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Are you for real? Did you forget the end of the second world war?
German soldiers we're surrendering to the Americans in droves to evade being captured by Soviet forces for fear of the atrocities that had befallen their comrades.

And as for the Chinese, have you checked out their human rights violations recently?

I don't think they'll be welcoming either of them anytime soon......imo....

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DaesDaemar

The point is moot of this topic since the U.S. has large oceans between it and any country with the ability to have a large army. The U.S. Navy would sink any Troop Carriers well before they came within thousands of miles of the U.S. Mainland.

We have many Carrier Groups as well as many subs. No invading army could even get close.
Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I doubt it could ever happen. Too many numbers and advanced technology. The only way it could ever happen would be from a joint assault from Russia and China - and that would be end game.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

That's a given really. As I said earlier, I don't think anyone can invade the US. But, saying that, if the American satellite system is taken out, it does leave it a little more vulnerable.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I bet no forign nation could invade Detroit let alone the rest of the country.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

Would they want too? lol

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
regarding his

"pussification of America" comment...

Hes probably been hanging out on ATS too much. Some you guys on here are nancy boys

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaesDaemar

That's a given really. As I said earlier, I don't think anyone can invade the US. But, saying that, if the American satellite system is taken out, it does leave it a little more vulnerable.

This is something I am very familiar to in knowledge. The Current U.S. Military Satellite System has three ways I can talk about that protect it.
1. U.S. Military Satellites have the ability to use Electronic Jamming and can burn out an Anti-SAT Missiles guidance system as it approaches.
2. U.S. Military Satellites have the ability to move...RAPIDLY.
3. All U.S. Military Satellites have newer designed Duplicates and in some cases up to 10 per Satellite replacements that can be rapidly placed atop a Rocket launched out of Vandenberg Air Force Base.

There is more to this but I can tell you that since the U.S. relies on Satellite Guidance for anything from Bombs to a Platoons ability to communicate or find it's position...the U.S. Military has made it very hard for another Country to shoot down our Satellites as well as there are OTHER things I CAN'T talk about regarding this issue that let me sleep easy at night.

Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Maybe 10 years after a successful, preemptive nuclear strike.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Ummm NO, NOT AT ALL.

No other countries have the capability to transport large numbers of troops and combat craft to the US. I know you anti-American folks hate it, but its the truth. Other countries (including RUSSIA and CHINA) have always prepared for a battle across the pond on the mainland whether it be on the plains of Europe or in Asia.

No "force" currently can invade the US mainland for some strategic takeover. Sorry kids. Go back to the video games.

Originally posted by DaesDaemar

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Don't know how the nay sayers missed the invasion of 35 MILLION ILLEGAL Mexicans...

gunsights a bit off?

not to mention the 50 square miles of sovereingn China town in Missouri, the open inland port of Kansas City...
also there is rumor of a treaty in the works that will allow foregn corporations to invade and live by the safety environmental and rights of their home countries...

Assimilation, slow and inexorable. Drip after drip. Pretty soon, some time goes by, and the pool's filled with barry's children. 'world citizen's', they are. Makes assimilation invisible, for the masters.

As I write, romney is out. I'm thinking that we really can't afford anymore 'change', so we may have dodged a bullet.

Or if it offends you that other nations are creating more crime and better criminals....

Technofascism will take care of any lawbreakers. The point is to create the proper environment of crime that is always one step short of revolt. Didn't a 3 year old just get a $2,500 fine for peeing in front of his house?

That's how it starts.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join