It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could mainland U.S. be invaded by a conventional military?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well.. I am from Kentucky. So probably a lot here. However, when I visited some friends in Chicago, I watched them try to start a bonfire. After using cardboard and some pieces of wood from in their house, they put their money together and sent someone to the store. The teenager came back with a bag of grill charcoal which they threw on the fire. We watched the bag burn off and just kept quiet. Only one of them had the brains to say that isn't going to work. My friend and I were just shocked at how stupid that was. Eventually we organized them and grabbed some branches off some "woods" nearby.

I think the US would be fine, but god help the people in the cities.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Well.. the south and eastern states, I can get behind that, but not the inner cities. Those people wouldn't last a day in a survival situation. Read my above anecdote for evidence.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

We gotta help them too...even California,they need better guns.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Didn't read it.
But its your fantasy....own it.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Ok I might seem cruel for a minute but even with 'a rifle behind every blade of grass' there are still huge problems facing the US populace in any sort of invasion.
Sure, your military is top class but without satellites and other systems the US wouldn't stand against fast moving or number-heavy arms (I call them Swarm armies) simply because they would need to revert to the age old 'they move that a-way... Bring our tercios across' or more simply, your army would have to physically see the troop movements and then report to a senior officer and by the time the Army has mobilised to strike the enemy is long gone.

Also, on the 'will to survive' / 'survival skills' thing; the US is suffering from having over 30% of it's population being classified as 'Obese'. You can have all the rifles in the world but it won't count for piss if your population get out of breath just loading the gun.

So even say 100,000,000 people can actually come to fight in a war to defend the US they would be heavily, heavily outnumbered by the Chinese or Indians who can muster 750,000,000 and 650,000,000 soldiers respectively.
Or even the fact that Russia can call on over 70,000,000 soldiers in decent health.

Hell, even if the ENTIRE population of the USA was armed (Every man, woman, child and new born) the Chinese would still outnumber you 2-1.

So, I do believe the USA can be invaded by a swift moving or swarm type army (after taking serious casualties) but if you meant invaded and occupied then the answer is 'no'. Unless the invaders plan on wiping every person in America off the map.

So, long story short, the US can be invaded by the right type of army.
But the US can't be occupied by any army without total eradication of the US populace or at least a severe reduce in numbers and extremely tight control (which would crash the economy of whoever attacked you in the first place).

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

I didn't meant "get behind" as in help. I just mean I can get behind your opinion on the south and so forth, but I disagree that the inner city folks could survive any sort of survival situation on their own.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I can agree that the inner city folks wont last long in a surviving off the land situation but i think if a thousands of chinese troops were to start marching in the inner cities they would have caps busted in them left and right.

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Well.. the south and eastern states, I can get behind that, but not the inner cities. Those people wouldn't last a day in a survival situation. Read my above anecdote for evidence.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
If every nation on Earth, except for Israel, combine their arm forces could easily invade the United States without having that much problems getting their troop over to the U.S.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kennethmd

Not really,I think we would be aware of it happening and we would disrupt it and probably are doing that as we speak in the middle east.Again we don't know the big picture.So all we can do is guess based on what we know.
We aren't a nation that is seeking world domination other wise we would have killed way more people and the citizenry would revolt.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennethmd
If every nation on Earth, except for Israel, combine their arm forces could easily invade the United States without having that much problems getting their troop over to the U.S.

Most nations are backed by the US and receive arms, economic aid and other bonuses from being politically allied to the US.
The only time the entire world would invade the US would be if the USA was threatening world extinction or complete slavery.

Also, you wouldn't need the whole world to invade. If Europe became a United States of Europe (much like the USA) they could overwhelm the US militarily, industrially, economically and politically. China, India an Russia could also face down the US with a good chance of winning.

But the fact stands, any force to attack the US would take heavy casualties unless it used Nuclear Weapons or other such weapons (Anti Matter, FEL etc) to utterly destroy the US' military and civilian populace.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Okay then. HOW?

Originally posted by kennethmd

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Not one single person on here on 8 pages has provided a logical way for a foreign power to move all of their troops and equipment to the mainland US.

Oh yeah...id love to see some troops walk through south central LA. I would pay to see that!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Don't know how the nay sayers missed the invasion of 35 MILLION ILLEGAL Mexicans...

gunsights a bit off?

not to mention the 50 square miles of sovereingn China town in Missouri, the open inland port of Kansas City...
also there is rumor of a treaty in the works that will allow foregn corporations to invade and live by the safety environmental and rights of their home countries...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

happy now?

PS
would south central LA be the home of the afore mentioned illegal Mexicans
that just invaded ?

edit on 16-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Oh fine,but you asked.First you get some old Russian Typhoons.You rubber em up and slap some US props on them.Refit them with the best tech possible.Remove all the missile bays and load up troops like sardines.Then you approach a limited military traffic area under large cargo ships and make sure you have atomic sappers.
They can invade........they'll die in a week but they can invade.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I have heard the invading Mexicans are leaving on their own and are at the lowest ebb since the great depression

they ate the cheese and the trap didn't spring

Must be the chinese mainsprings

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I'm not saying this is a logical response, or even doable...but since we're all playing "what if" anyways...what if Mexico went Communist...they may invite China to visit several ports, etc;...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7

If we do get hit by and EMP that would take away TV...oh my god...are you crazy?That would cause a VERY ANGRY America to ask who the hell did that and the response would frighten Satan!

Not only would it create a very ANGRY America, it would leave them with nothing to do but seek and destroy.

"Frighten Satan" is a mild way to put it - Satan would be scrambling to get restraining orders!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This is my first post ever on Above Top Secret after many months of scrolling through articles and articles. I enjoy read people opinions on certain subjects and it also educates me and gives me a sense of direction on some issues. I am 17 years old and I live in Saskatchewan (province in Canada).

That being said, could it be possible to for a Country to invade Canada from the north by the territories and then make progress sound to invade the U.S's mainland?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
if they want to march through the muskeg
they are welcome to try...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join