It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could mainland U.S. be invaded by a conventional military?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

As you say it would probably never happen, but strategically of course we plan as if it might happen.

Keep in mind what 4 billion people look like when they come over the hill.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Does the average Iraqi or Afghani think our presence was necessary?

Oh, how the comfortable live.

Actually, if you are a girl in most of Afghanistan and now have access to education, then "yes". Whether you agree with the actions by the US and other nations in Iraq and Afghanistan, the countries are markedly different to what they were and in many ways they are different in a positive way.

Regards

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

the decision to invade Iraq and Afghanistan, in retrospect, seems to have been one of contingency.

I assume the government knows that there are more powerful weapons and concepts than the ones possessed by our military and intelligence.

what they may not have been certain of is whether the United States will be the nation that is the beneficiary of them in the end.

as it turns out, the United States is the beneficiary. and hindsight reveals, perhaps, that it wasn't necessary for things to have happened as they did, but what is, is.

what the military is doing is, as far as I can see, a sacrifice beyond anything most people are willing to accept. many people don't believe in anything at all and don't accept that others may believe in something.

when faced with unacceptable levels of uncertainty, the military chose to fight...and by the law and by faith they will soon be shown to be the victors.

anyone that wants to challenge this is free to do so, but i'm certain they will experience a humiliation without precedent.

edit on 15-6-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Oh, how the comfortable live.

Actually, if you are a girl in most of Afghanistan and now have access to education, then "yes". Whether you agree with the actions by the US and other nations in Iraq and Afghanistan, the countries are markedly different to what they were and in many ways they are different in a positive way.

Regards

Are you contending that I am comfortable and naive? They are temporarily different in a positive way, except for the ones that are now dead, or have dead children, or have dead sons and husbands. And, we are already conceding land back to the Taliban and working with the Taliban for truces, and when we eventually leave they will take back over.

As for me being naive, my opinions come from people I know that have moved back from there or served over there. I'm not saying they hate us, many of them are thankful for some of the things we have done, but the point was that our soldiers are not that different from any other soldier serving in a foreign land. The notion that people attacking us are somehow "retarded" is just ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Naval invasion no, but it could be done from Canada or Mexico. The major problem and ultimately the way the US will collapse is by internal conflict.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong

Originally posted by michaelbrux
the mainland could nor would be ever invaded by a conventional military.

i believe the existence of Santa Claus is more plausible.

You had better believe in Santa Clause. The US mainland has been invaded by a conventional military:-

www.lutins.org...

Umm, your source is a home page for a dude that is into music. Not exactly an academic resource. No offense if this is you posting this Al.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Not sure of your point. However, as Saddam Hussein’s pleasant form of dictatorship was stopped along with perhaps 100,000 deaths per year because of it, and the parlous state of Afghanistan has been raised slightly above medieval, I would say there has been some good from the US (and others) intervening in both countries.

It is good to see women’s rights in both nations are (for example) significantly improved and at least most Iraqi’s don’t have a fear their tongues will be removed with pliers if they (er) suggested Saddam was less than perfect. I’d say that’s progress.

Regards

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I agree 100% with the comments that you really want to fight an unconventional war where you attack vital infrastructure across sectors, and destabilize the nation politically such that it collapses of its own regard, but since that isn't the question, here's how I'd attack if I were forced to do so.

Firstly, I'd attack the United States east coast. The terrain is flatter, the population is more liberal, urbanized, and has less weapons.

My first assault would be to launch a tidal wave high enough to drown the major cities. How you accomplish this would be a technological challenge, though not so difficult if you're really contemplating something so difficult as attacking the United States. It helps greatly not to get caught.

Then, in the guise of aid amidst the resultant chaos, you come in hard. You launch as many missiles as you can at Norfolk to take out the United States fleet in your first strike. Since the US Navy is moving to the Pacific, make sure you mine the Panama Canal or take control of it through some other means.

If you occupy the Atlantic corridor, you control the wealth producing and leadership capacity of most of the United States and you'd create a bridgehead probably from about Richmond to Portland, penetrating not too deeply inland, but not going into the rural areas where resistance will be greatest.

If you're going to EMP somewhere, I'd say take out the west and great plains, perhaps the south. You'd want to control those as agrarian areas rather than industrial, so the damage of an EMP to vital infrastructure would be less harmful there than in the industrialized north and northeast. Plus, that's where the most military assets are stationed.

I wouldn't recommend any such plan, but if I was forced to come up with something, I'd do it that way. Then I'd say spend a lot of money on convincing New York, Philadelphia, Washington, and Boston that we're here to help, and try not to fight civilians there while you're holding off the US military. Blend in closely with the people so you neutralize the threat of air strikes. More infantry than machines.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

Originally posted by paradox

Originally posted by Germanicus
The United States will be nuked.

As much as your posts show this to be a sick fantasy of yours - not gonna happen.

It will be like what happened at the end of WW2 in Japan and Germany. Americans will be glad to see them.

LOL dream on. They would meet deadly resistance across the country.

Yes, I have a fantasy that involves the United States being nuked. Get real.

I am worried about the United States. Many of you seem deluded. In my opinion, China and Russia and friends will destroy the United States in WW3. I think the United States should avoid it at all costs. Even if that means standing down and giving up the Reserve Currency. It will happen one way or another.

Could you enlighten us as to the method that you believe another country could successfully attack and destroy the USA? I mean specifically. As a bad example of someone's fantasy, someone said in another thread that the Chinese could invade the USA using container ships. Really? Container ships crossing the Pacific to land millions of troops on USA soil? I don't think so. How about China's one aircraft carrier that doesn't even have catapults installed yet. Or maybe the threat is Russia with its one carrier that is currently scheduled for retrofit?

Got a specific plan for the destruction of the USA? The USA military certainly has had some problems operating politically restrained in policing actions but let me tell you that if the gloves come off and the political bindings are released the US military is completely capable of any task that it is given. You cannot even imagine the weapons that it has that have not yet been used. The USA spends more on military budgets than all of the military budgets of all of the World's Nations combined.

All of that said war is nasty messy business and the outcome is uncertain but no one should delude themselves that an attack on the USA would be anything less than devastating upon the attacker.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
For the U.S. to be invaded, it naval force and air force will have to be defeated first. Then there is the Army air core and the marines air core they will have to defeat. The there is the Air Guard from every state of the U.S. on the mainland they will have to defeat before they get the chance to face our forces.. If they fell to defeat those forces. We will in turn be coming to their homeland and we will lay wast to country.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JWash

(think H1N1 or worst)

Not as efficient and/or deadly as we think. As a health care professional I can tell you that big pharma is responsible for much of the "hoop-la" surrounding H1N1 and the like...also pushed by politicians with financial ties to private pharmaceutical companies. Who can you trust?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

All electronic communications down. Short wave radio jammed. Who tells the troops where to go? Carrier pigeon maybe?

I didn't know we fought every war with "electronic communications." News to me. According to you, all wars have been fought with "short-wave radios." Gee, I guess you're right. Hahaha....do you know how foolish this statement is? How old are you? Put the iPod down, unplug your blue-ray player, set the smart-phone aside....take a look at the un-virtual world.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Yes, I believe so if done right.

1. First a major EMP attack to take out most infrastructure.

2. Invasion by a country who has a huge military as far as manpower (China or N. Korea)

3. Good old fashion ground attack where our guys would be outnumbered 200 - 1.
Rifles & blades. If we lost our technological edge I think we could be over powered.

Then it would most likely come down to how many American citizens would fight to even the odds.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

How are they 200-1 troops getting over here?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
we already have been ,our neighbors to the south live 5 or 6 family's in each house with more guns than the us citizens.have WE already been invaded.....next will be our legal guns then what?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
It already has been on our watch. Not trying to be cliche or brief but the powers, incentives, and practice are at home and expanding. The powers that wield this force are as foreign as any rogue nation; it's unfolding intent is one all citizens should be observing closely.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

the war game scenario...is it the same one they ran when they decided to invade Afghanistan?

people need to get a grip on reality.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
What if they are already here and just waiting for the signal to bring America to it's knees

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

i love sarcasm too...its hilarious when properly delivered.

your timing was just right, too.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
There are some 12 million odd hunters in the US. There are roughly 200 million privately owned firearms. There are easily 350 million firearms in the US counting military property. There are over 20 million veterans of the armed forces alive today. Invade the US mainland, you ask? Goooooood luck with that.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join