Could mainland U.S. be invaded by a conventional military?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
how about an invasion during the winter months

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I don't like these threads. They are troublesome even if I know it will never happen.

Even with the fact that America has changed (the "pussification") it won't be easy for an invading army. There would be a lot of casualties.

Americans are not the type of people to wait for something to happen to them. If someone said the enemy is in the harbor you can expect thousands to descend on that harbor like nothing you've seen. They would end up playing defense the entire time. At least that is how it would happen in my head.

A few years back I saw an real article that detailed that China had already been developing plans to invade America. I have been wary ever since.

Also the EMP attack that took place in One Second After absolutely crippled the country. If it happened, I believe it would happen like that. It would be the best way to do it. No communication. No food. No running water. No electricity.
edit on 16-6-2012 by INDOMITABLE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Why send in their armed forces, just hit mainland US with an EMP - done deal.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Ok so hit them with an emp, invade the states, then what? The emp solution would ultimately cause more harm to the Chinese then good in the long run because it just widens the target on their heads. If the Chinese were to use an emp they would have done it by now and we would have been invaded by now. Wouldnt you think?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bguraluick27
Ok so hit them with an emp, invade the states, then what? The emp solution would ultimately cause more harm to the Chinese then good in the long run because it just widens the target on their heads. If the Chinese were to use an emp they would have done it by now and we would have been invaded by now. Wouldnt you think?

What happened in One Second After is that no one knew who detonated the EMP so the U.S. didn't know who to retaliate against.

You could launch it from anywhere.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Neutron bomb (outlawed by treaty). Short half-life. Walk in and take over.

Of course it would also kill the wildlife, farm animals, etc.

I suppose the NSA will perk up now. I used the "B" word.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Total conventional warfare? No one country alone really has the logistical sea or air lift capabilities to pull it off. Only if Britain, France or Germany chimed in. It could happen if it was a multinational effort of combining China, Russia, and Britain. It would have to be smart deploying internal sabotage or terrorist attacks of military and civilian infrastructure. Possible Bio or small nuke strikes to disable key strategic bases. It would have to be quick and swift and under total surprise. If they could gain Mexico and Canada to allow support for bases it could be possible. We are talking the US would really have to piss some people off.

As far as a single country? I do not ever see that ever happening. Russia sharing borders with Alaska could possibly but it would leave them exposed and bottle necked at the entry.

If US was to invade say Russia or China. It would really rely on support of bordering countries. US does have more sea and air lift capability but it would be suicide to do it alone without a multinational or NATO lead coalition. It would take a long air bombing and artillery campaign to disable and attrition their war machine before a ground assault could ever take place. By then all negotiations and diplomacy would have failed and all out nuclear war would be unavoidable.

China by itself could send 400k PLA troops in an amphibious assault but not enough ships to defend it crossing the Pacific. It would also require a huge air superiority which they do not have alone. China also does not possess the bombers required to soften the coastal areas or US infrastructure.

Russia has more naval capabilities, conventional and their air force is way better than China but still a stretch to successfully grab a foothold.

Canada being so close sharing our northern border would actually have the strongest advantage logistically as long as they could push and keep up supply lines. Canada lacks the boots on the ground to make it far.

Mexico? No offense to our neighbors to the south but Mexico lacks the infrastructure and armament.

All in all I don't think any country would try to attack another Super Power or anyone possessing nuclear capabilities. It would just end badly. Basically it would be head to head standoffs through diplomatic mitigation involving NATO and other countries. But I am just talking off the top of my head. Yet I do have some knowledge of the capabilities of China and Russia.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Two words, tactical nuke. An invasion force would move into the pacific. A carrier fleet, a submarine group, and a battle group. Scouting aircraft, scout the LZ. A submarine launches a tactical nuke, followed by a naval bombardment with cruise missiles, taken out general defenses. Landing party moves in, supported by naval and aircraft support. EM weapons could be used simultaneously to knock out the US power grid out to prevent civilians assisting in location and movements of ground forces. cell phone towers and communication centers would then be attacked by air and naval vessels. American carriers could simultaneously be attacked by torpedo's, and aircraft in the pacific. Not to mention the lovely new chinese carrier destroyers. I completely believe a coordinated movement by the chinese and Russians could decimate the US fleet in a matter of hours. The element of surprise plays a huge role in the success of this attack. You aren't as far ahead as you think, and you aren't invulnerable to the rest of the worlds modern technology. You've never even had the chance to try your " Technology" on the modern world.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

We have Russian soldiers on our bases right now. With all the overflow from the unprotected borders why couldn't there already be an army in place within our cities ready and waiting for the go ahead to begin the war for a take over of our country? After that, coming in from the sea would present very little problems for an invading country. It could happen and we should be prepared for such an event.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

In civilian terms;

Nope.

We have intelligence all over the planet. We would know they were coming before they left where they were from.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyoutlaw

What...you don't have a rifle?
Better get one and get ready.
One little problem with nuking the US or hitting us with an EMP,the satellites would see it and all the forces away from the US would know it and they would launch anyway. MAD is still an operating protocol when the mainland is nuked.China doesn't have the stock piles Russia does.They would lose very badly.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
I can agree that the inner city folks wont last long in a surviving off the land situation but i think if a thousands of chinese troops were to start marching in the inner cities they would have caps busted in them left and right.

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by princeofpeace

Well.. the south and eastern states, I can get behind that, but not the inner cities. Those people wouldn't last a day in a survival situation. Read my above anecdote for evidence.

That's what I think, too. I'm a country boy. I can live off the land where a city person would starve to death. That doesn't make me superior at survival - only superior in MY situation. Country people and city people are each geared towards an entirely different environment.

Regarding warfare, your average gang-banger can see things in the city - their own environment - that a country guy would miss altogether. In house to house fighting, they'll beat country folks all hollow, until the country people get up to speed on that environment, which would involve time, stupid mistakes, missed opportunities, and casualties.

Out in the countryside, the roles are reversed.

You employ personnel where they will be most effective. To miss one or the other of those environments is to concede half of your troops, and weaken your forces by that much.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennethmd
If every nation on Earth, except for Israel, combine their arm forces could easily invade the United States without having that much problems getting their troop over to the U.S.

"Easily" is a pretty relative term, now isn't it?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ilyich

Two words, tactical nuke. An invasion force would move into the pacific. A carrier fleet, a submarine group, and a battle group. Scouting aircraft, scout the LZ. A submarine launches a tactical nuke, followed by a naval bombardment with cruise missiles, taken out general defenses.

"A" tactical nuke?

Just one?

What could they possible hope to accomplish with a single TACTICAL nuke besides pissing off 300 million people?

edit on 2012/6/17 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
An invading force would only be successful ... from within ..
if they had the whitehouse

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

While any invasion of the United States would be a costly endevour, it can be done. I have often sat around and gamed out ideas in my head, and have came up with this stategy. It would have to be a trojan horse method, using civilian aircraft and ships to land the forces on our shore. How many chinese cargo ships make port on the west coast each hour? Prior to the ships and planes making landfall, you must have a distraction in place to keep prying eyes of the enemy landing force. A few times a day, the international space station passes over the U.S. It has a nuclear power source. An emergency is declared, saying the reactor is malfunctioning. Over the U.S., they announce they are abadoning the station. Instead of the crew, the Soyuz capsule contains a nuke. It detonates over the central U.S., causing and emp. Confusion erpupts nationwide as the communication and transportation arteries are jammed up. The cargo ships unload troops, light armour. The planes seize the airports the arive in. Most west coast naval bases are right next to these ports. They fall next. Rapid light forces move to seize all west coast north south and east west interstate highway corridors. Reenforcements are landed in ports and airports to expand west coast foothold, troops move to block mountain passes. Second front comes acroos bearing sea, lands forces near anchorage, and the souther tip of alaska. They rapidly capture mountain passes, and begin funneling troops into the central plains, moving south and east. Spetznaz and FSB agents set off suitcase nukes at stategic air bases and army posts, such as ft. carson, fort hood, and scott afb ( all cargo and troop carrying aircraft are controlled at scott afb. Ft. Hood has two full armoured divisions, ft carson has spec ops and infantry that could block rocky mountain passes. These three places alone, along with fort riley, if hit, would limit our movement of blocking forces into the rockies, the desert south west, and the plains.) In order to be effective, the russian and chinese forces would have to move rapidly to close off the eastern two thirds of the U.S. in order to be victorious. I have a more detailed hypothetical battle plan for this, but am too tired to type it all.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Yes and No

For the yes...If the enemy invaders planned enough and had the weapons then it's possibly IMO. Only China or Russian maybe even a alliance between the two could do it. First you would have to destroy our satellites. China has demonstrated they posses the ability to destroy a satellite now how effective they would be destroying our GPS and secret satellites is unknown.... I have no idea how many or how accurate these ASAT weapons are, but destroying our communications is a important step to a invasion. Next would be taking out our aircraft carriers we got a eleven of them and they are all over the world so having intelligence where they are and the means to destroy them is key, the Chinese have an Anti-Carrier ballistic missile how many and if any could get through Aegis is unknown, but if they have a lot supported by other missiles like Brahmos/II then you would suspect a few would get through and cripple if not sink a carrier. Destroying our other ships is important but not as important as taking out our mobile airfields. The wild card is submarines unless the Chinese and Russians have some amazing device that can track all our submarines in the world and the ability to destroy them...means we can just retaliate on the enemy's homeland with the deadly Trident II ballistic missile.

For those saying it's impossible to invade the USA just because the civilians are heavily armed must take into account the enemy could destroy our infrastructure or simply just donate a nuke 400-500 km in the atmosphere in the middle of the USA causing most if not all of the nation to go dark those same people will then turn on each other with their weapons just to survive and protect themselves.....taking care of oneself takes precedent of fending off a invasion and that's to say they even know a invasion is taking place...Millions of people would just die because of this one act no food, clean water, electricity sadly not many of us would survive without proper training and knowledge.

but then No the U.S couldn't be invaded since such a operation is too big too risky and costly their is no enemy in the world right now that's like Nazi Germany that requires such a invasion and war, it's not like invading and occupying Iraq and Afghanistan...I just don't see anyone even attempting such a thing.
edit on 17-6-2012 by kyoiism because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
Thanks to the MIC, and our manned bases around the world, we have the ability to intercept any incoming invasion before it gets to our mainland. So, it would take one hell of a fleet to make it through our navy, missile system, air attack, etc., to make it our shores for a traditional invasion.

Not to stray off topic, but this is reason number 1 why Ron Paul's desires to shut down overseas bases would be a poor decision which would greatly weaken our defenses.

Yeah cause having our military spread out in 135 countries and fighting two undeclared wars ad several other police actions really strengthens our defenses... Sigh
Nice republicrat talking point...

The bottom line is no country has the logistics for any sustained campaign in the US even if they could manage to get a beach head on our shores and they all know it. The risk of invasion is so minimal its not even worth discussing.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Come on. We would see them coming days ahead of time. You do know about satellites right?

The only mainland threat is a cellular breakout, but the locals would fare well against it. I could see many, many deaths before it could be contained, but nothing close to a victory could be accomplished. We have gun shows in the United States. People buy guns and ammo like it was Christmas. The good and the bad buy guns and ammo. We are all ready for whatever. The Islamic cellular breakout will probably happen someday, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Without the aid of Russia; any conventional attempt would deffinitely fail.
With the the aid of Russia I'd give it less than 50% as the logistics of fighting on the streets that far from home in a country where everyone has access to a gun would be suicide.

500 million people, probably 700 million guns and loads of local knowledge...even the chinese wouldnt have the manpower to fight a street by street conflict.

Probs the best way would be to forget about guns and go about divising a number of fiendishly clever financial collapse traps and just settle for economic slavery of the inhabitants once the bait is taken???

new topics
top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join