It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has ATS Started A Puzzle/Riddle?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
OK bear with me here but there is something going on...There are 2 threads that were created yesterday that are strikingly similar yet are created by 2 separate users. They are below.

Why Didnt Anyone Tell Me About Snow White???

and

Why Didnt Anyone Tell Me About The Big Bang???

Both of them are named similarly, both have 3 question marks and both have very similar sentences in their OP's. Both talk about reading it in a book so it must be real, both talk about having faith. See Below...

Snow White Thread

I know I've read about Her in a book. Actually I think there are several books about Her. I wonder if other people have faith in Her? I mean, it's kinda hard to deny Her existence when I'm actually watching Her story.

Lets start a religion!

Hey, all you atheists out there, prove me wrong, but don't come in here bashing me until you've read the book. Gawd I hate when people do that

Big Bang Thread

I think this is real because I read about it in a book. Actually I think there are several books about it. I wonder if people have faith in it? I mean, it’s kinda hard to deny its existence when I’m actually watching a story about it.

Let’s start a religion!

Hey, all you atheists out there, prove me wrong, but don’t come in here bashing me until you’ve read the books. I hate when people do that!

The Snow White Thread was started by Jiggerj and the Big Bang Thread was started by MentorsRiddle. The name MentorsRiddle got me wondering if there is more to it than meets the eye...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I think you linked the same snow white post twice.

In any case, my ATS game radar has not the slightest blip on it based on these threads.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Your links need fixed. The second link goes to the Snow White thread, not the Big Bang thread

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I think it's one of the "rebuttal" sort of things. (Or maybe a parody.)

I remember a few months ago there where a whole lotta threads made with the title "Why do you love ______" with the blank being a country's name. When I did an ATS search on "why do you love" I got at least 6 different threads.

OiO

ETA: if those treads continue to be popular I wouldn't be surprised if more thread are posted along the same vein.
edit on 15-6-2012 by OneisOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I assure you there is no more to me than anyone else.

Just a clever coincidence.

I started that thread to try and prove a point: that we are all different, but should respect one another equally and stop bashing.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It seems to me that the Snow White thread is somewhat mocking of religion. The Big Bang thread seems to be started by a religious person. So maybe it is their equally mocking response to JiggerJ and his Snow White thread.

Either way both seem pretty immature.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach
It seems to me that the Snow White thread is somewhat mocking of religion. The Big Bang thread seems to be started by a religious person. So maybe it is their equally mocking response to JiggerJ and his Snow White thread.

Either way both seem pretty immature.

The top part of my post IS immature - but it was done that way on purpose.

The bottom part is not.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Too similar to be a coincidence for sure. Could just be someone trying to get ideas accross but not wanting to seem repetitive with their threads so they made two accounts? Or may you just caught a shill lol. Trying to distract with nonsense threads. (not knocking their content as i have not read them. Just a possible reason)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by shaluach

Immature...? Why? Is it because it appears to mock Religion? Heaven forbid we mock Religion...(sarcasm) Wouldn't want to offend the pure and good institution of Religion... You know, because it has done no wrong....

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 001ggg100
reply to post by shaluach

Immature...? Why? Is it because it appears to mock Religion? Heaven forbid we mock Religion...(sarcasm) Wouldn't want to offend the pure and good institution of Religion... You know, because it has done no wrong....

The religion of science is still in it's baby form.... Given how athiests treat religious people now, I'm sure they will be burning people for even mentioning God before it's all over with - all in the name of weeding out the religious gene.... /endsarcasam.

Again I state - we all have our different opinions.

Science has done wrong too - Atomic Bombs, man - made plagues, weapons of mass destruction, Justin Beiber....

(couldn't help but throw that last one in there)

Either way, both science and religion have done wrong - but like everything, in the wrong hands it does harm.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
What have I got in my pocket?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
What have I got in my pocket?

Lint?

Two pennies a dime and a quarter?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Key to a chasity belt?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

I have to call you out on the respect point. Isn't copying someone's post plagiarism? How much respect does that show for the original writer?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Isn't copying someone's post plagiarism? How much respect does that show for the original writer?

This question was asked recently in this thread but it was never addressed by the staff.

As far as plagiarism goes. Parody is used as the excuse to get away with it usually. By changing a word or two and injecting some sort of sarcasm or condescending remark. They can cry innocent by means of comedic value.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

...Agreed, but science has done much more good then Religion has EVER done... I'm not an atheist... I have absolutely no idea if there is a god or being or whatever you want to call it... I am against Religion, organized Religion... It is nothing but the ultimate form of control... Mind, body.... and soul.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
How odd is that you posting this thread
and me posting a puzzles thread in the same day

ATS Members Game Thread ; Share your Favorite Puzzles / Chalenges

You did post before me but it is just now that i see your thread
how did you know i was going to post a puzzle thread ..

its not like puzzle threads are posted everyday on ATS lol

You see the future ?

edit on 6/15/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join