Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Why didn't anyone tell me about Snow White???

page: 7
59
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by swoopaloop
reply to post by milominderbinder
 



Both groups are stupid.

No...only one of the groups are stupid.


At least people who have beliefs don't go on and on and on and on and on trying to prove it's right.

Yes...everyone knows that the Christians, Hindu's, Muslims, Jews, and Hare Krishna's have not ever tried to convert anyone to their religion...ever. That's why you never hear about these groups in politics at all.


To debate life after death and the origins of the universe is insignificant and way over our heads.

...as you communicate on the Internet...an advanced network of computers which can only operate as we know it because Albert Einstein's Theory of Relativity was correct.

See...I told you only one of these groups are stupid.




posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by swoopaloop
 


Agnostic 1: (watching christian and atheist argue) What the hell are those two going on about?

Agnostic 2: Who cares?

Agnostic 1 and 2: (drink beers)

Seriously atheists and christians both believe things they can't prove.



posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by jiggerj
 


I think that its well established since the Disney cartoon that snow white is christian, remember the big cross at the end.



^^^ I vote this the most absurd comment in the history of ATS...mostly because of serious tone.^^^


Maybe you missed this thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Holy Sh^t... Allright...I stand corrected. Apparently there is an entire demographic of people out there who are DEAD-SERIOUS about Snow White and it's greater implications for the Christian faith.

Who knew?



posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Because we are all in on it; the evil plan, and you are the target..


MUUUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA



posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
So I am the farthest thing from being religious and I do have a contempt for organized religions. So I have to point this out however. I believe that you can believe in what ever you want. If you wish to worship Mickey Mouse as your God then so be it. I don't care, as long as you don't try and force your view on me. Live and let live sort of thing with me.
Now to my point. Why must some of you feel the need to constantly belittle others who do believe in a God? If you don't share another belief fine, but why the constant need to point out the flaws or the lack of scientific evidence or what ever. I am sure you guys don't like it when a religious individual does the same in reverse. So why this constant need to poke at the issue. This thread started out that way in my opinion. I am just playing devils advocate here..(No Pun intended).



posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
You're not seriously thinking about founding a religion based on the miracles of a...a.....woman. !!!!!!(!)!(!)!(!)!(!)!!!!!!!

Right?...right?



posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska
 


While I am pretty sure that Jesus ate apples during his life ( not 100% sure if apples grow in the middle east ) I dont see any other connections other than the OP trying quite hard actually to be coy and cute and start trouble where there should be none.
Want to explain the meaning or thought behind starting this thread ?



posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
To quote the line from Lex Luthor in the 1978 film Superman..

Lex Luthor: Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.



posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj
 


in the "original" story. first the queen, in disguise as an old woman, gives her a comb, she combs her hair, passes out. dwarves come home, find her, take comb out of her hair, she revives , then queen, in another disguise, gives her a hair ribbon, some thing happens as with the comb. finally, she gives snow white the apple. * she doesn't wake up until the prince, overwhelmed by her beauty, kisses her. that dislodges the piece of apple and she revives. she **never** actually dies. doc the dwarf just went to a second rate medical school. lol.

* the numbers 3 and 7 come up alot in faerie tales. in the original cinderella, there isn't a faerie godmother. there's a tree that was planted on her mother's grave and the 2 doves who live in the tree. she shakes the tree and they drop a dress down to her (convenient, ain't it?
there is actually 3 dance/balls and she has a pink dress, a yellow dress and a blue dress. on her wedding day, her sisters walk her down the isle. on the way down, the doves peck out the sister's right eye, on the way back, their left eyes. both sisters are left blind as punishment for the way they treated cinderella.

you don't even want to know what happens to sleeping beauty while she's asleep.



posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow
 


no, you are thinking of sleeping beauty. the first prince comes, rapes her, never kisses her and leaves. when the second prince shows up, she is still asleep w/her infant breast feeding. he kisses her and she wakes up.



posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by borntowatch
When you are prepared to die for your message then we will talk


No god is so egotistical that he would demand that we die for him.


...I wouldn't be so sure...

...and who says 'DEATH' is a "bad" thing......



posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   


By far one of the most ridiculous things I have read but I like it.

People wouldn't be crazy enough to read a fairy tale and then worship the lead character. I suppose they're going to build shrines and start wars over this fictitious character.

Wait you're right it sounds very familiar.



posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj
 


We need to set up a (tax free) fund to get that (tax free) building built on that (tax free) land on the corner of Smith Ave and Jones Street in downtown Pennsultuckey.

I volunteer to be the parish "Reverend". I will require a (tax free) salary of 100K per year and the purchase of a (tax free) Lexus for transportation. What? I need to be able to visit my flock!

Keep those donations coming! I promise to give it back to the community!



posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Did anyone notice how the "movie" Snow White SUCKED. lol.

Please dont glorify a HORRABLE TERRABLE and DESPICABLE movie.

Worst movie in History almost, SERIOUSLY ( i got to see it for free in theater and i walked out.) Its that bad.

Besides, We all know Charles Bronson is the Alpha and Omega. The True Creator and Master of the UnIverse.



posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by InfoKartel
reply to post by jiggerj
 


You are correct. Most movies and stories and novels are based on a religious work called the Bible.


Sorry, but the Bible is based on stories written of gods before the bible. You do know there were other gods (before the Jesus story) that were born to virgins, died and resurrected, right?


But in order to know that Christianity is essentially an EXACT replica of both Zoroastrianism or that the story of John the Baptist was a cornerstone of religion in Ancient Egypt 5000 yrs before the alleged birth of "jesus" one would have to actually read books, correct?

If I recall correctly Snow White tells us that reading the religious texts of others is "heresey".


Yes, but you don't have to actually DO anything to sin. It's what's inside you that counts. Hence, the mirror mirror on the wall. It represents the fact that if you look at yourself, you know who and what you are. And, it's usually not good. Yikes!



posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ozmaoz47
reply to post by jiggerj
 


in the "original" story. first the queen, in disguise as an old woman, gives her a comb, she combs her hair, passes out. dwarves come home, find her, take comb out of her hair, she revives , then queen, in another disguise, gives her a hair ribbon, some thing happens as with the comb. finally, she gives snow white the apple. * she doesn't wake up until the prince, overwhelmed by her beauty, kisses her. that dislodges the piece of apple and she revives. she **never** actually dies. doc the dwarf just went to a second rate medical school. lol.

* the numbers 3 and 7 come up alot in faerie tales. in the original cinderella, there isn't a faerie godmother. there's a tree that was planted on her mother's grave and the 2 doves who live in the tree. she shakes the tree and they drop a dress down to her (convenient, ain't it?
there is actually 3 dance/balls and she has a pink dress, a yellow dress and a blue dress. on her wedding day, her sisters walk her down the isle. on the way down, the doves peck out the sister's right eye, on the way back, their left eyes. both sisters are left blind as punishment for the way they treated cinderella.

you don't even want to know what happens to sleeping beauty while she's asleep.


Ooooh! It all sounds so biblical!



posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatGuy45

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by borntowatch
When you are prepared to die for your message then we will talk


No god is so egotistical that he would demand that we die for him.


...I wouldn't be so sure...

...and who says 'DEATH' is a "bad" thing......


If death is a good thing, then what's the point of life? Let's save our newborns from sin and send them straight to heaven. Nah, doesn't work for me.
edit on 6/15/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
So , what is the point of this thread again? It's not very informative and not very funny. Is this a troll thread?

2nd.



posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by flashtrum
reply to post by jiggerj
 


We need to set up a (tax free) fund to get that (tax free) building built on that (tax free) land on the corner of Smith Ave and Jones Street in downtown Pennsultuckey.

I volunteer to be the parish "Reverend". I will require a (tax free) salary of 100K per year and the purchase of a (tax free) Lexus for transportation. What? I need to be able to visit my flock!

Keep those donations coming! I promise to give it back to the community!


Huh? I knew that the church didn't, but priests don't pay taxes on their personal salaries? That has to change. If they don't pay taxes then they better not be voting.



posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
what the hellwhat the hell??????????Text

Originally posted by jiggerj
I'm watching the movie 'Snow White and the Huntsman". Did you know she ate an apple, died, and then rose again? There's a dark forest (evil) and an enchanted forest (good).

I think She's real. I think She's god! I know I've read about Her in a book. Actually I think there are several books about Her. I wonder if other people have faith in Her? I mean, it's kinda hard to deny Her existence when I'm actually watching Her story.

Let's start a religion!

Hey, all you atheists out there, prove me wrong, but don't come in here bashing me until you've read the book. Gawd I hate when people do that!






top topics



 
59
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join