It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why didn't anyone tell me about Snow White???

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
To the OP...you can believe whatever the hell you want to believe, but let me give you some FACTS!

This book you believe in is AT BEST an interpreted translation, handed down and retold thru several
dialects and languages before it was EVER presented to you in its current state....

This one passage for example "...Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?" is a VERY
loose translation that even first year German language students will tell you is fundamentally flawed.

The correct translation of "...Spieglein, spieglein, an der wand, wer ist die schonste im ganzen land?"
is deliberately vague in the original text, and the word "schonste" actually means "beautifulest" and not
"fairest".

You're probably not even aware that there were actually "eight" drawfs (dwarfs is the correct
pluralization of dwarf--you probably didn't know that either).

And that the lessor dwarf (Druggie) who was intentionally omitted from the original translated story
authored his own version of the tale wherein he shows how he was the one responsible for the
poisoning of Snow White in that she had found his special cored out apple bong....and that her
"sleep" was nothing more than a drug-induced coma from an overdose of a rather potent variety
of "Fairy Dust" indica that had been crossed with another strain of sativa from Austria called
"Merlin's Magic Brain Melt".

But you can believe what you want to believe...

edit on 15-6-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher

Originally posted by jiggerj
I'm watching the movie 'Snow White and the Huntsman". Did you know she ate an apple, died, and then rose again? There's a dark forest (evil) and an enchanted forest (good).

I think She's real. I think She's god! I know I've read about Her in a book. Actually I think there are several books about Her. I wonder if other people have faith in Her? I mean, it's kinda hard to deny Her existence when I'm actually watching Her story.

Let's start a religion!

Hey, all you atheists out there, prove me wrong, but don't come in here bashing me until you've read the book. Gawd I hate when people do that!

So because you claim (falsely) to think Snow White, who is with no doubt fictional, is or was an actual person, others will believe you? Seems to me you are proving a point that is the diametric opposite of the point you are attempting to make.

I cannot see how you would get people to believe you anyway. The problem you face is it begins as fiction. In order for this to work you would need to have people believing Snow White existed from the very beginning and no break in people who believed it. Much too late for that, good luck trying but just wont happen.

The OP is just a fairy tale pipe dream. Sorry.

edit on 15-6-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

No, the OP is just trolling (technically) about Snow White and Jesus both being fairy tales. It's obvious that he's only making the post to humor himself and others as well as mock those that defend their religion. It should be humorous to some or perhaps idiotic to others, as it's known for a fact the story is of fantasy and never as reality.

Personally I found it humorous, even though I believe in what he's mocking. He's entitled to his own opinions and thoughts, even if he doesn't believe others should have theirs.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katie
reply to post by jiggerj

God is real he is a man but you cannot see him, he is in spirit form. I will not reveal what he looks like. Whats the matter did you think we left you all alone? Heaven is my home and I will return there when I pass on in your world. I came silently into your world. I don't have to tell YOU anything at all. So what you think can't be is. What you think will not be. As you look in the forest you can't see the trees.

Now THIS is what the ATS server space is reserved for Jigger.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Originally posted by lifecitizen
No cherry picking Pell!

But...but, if we can't cherry pick, how are we going to be able to hate only those people we don't like just because they're different or better off. I mean after all, there's this guy at work whose better than me, taller than me, smarter than me, makes more money than me, and has a lot more attention from the the women. BUT, he has a tattoo of a flaming skull that makes a referrence to something deceased. And if it weren't for that part of a book about marking yourselves for the dead, he's just a better man than me all around. If I can't condemn him and profess I'm better than him because of it, that means I lose... say it isn't so..........

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher

Originally posted by jiggerj
No, I'm sorry. Snow White has revealed to me that non-believers will be cast forever into the Dark Forest. I'll pray for you, my brutha.

I understand what you are saying, the problem is this (OP) seems to prove the opposite of what you intended to prove. How would you get people to believe the snow white story? The way people believed the other story is there was no break in believers. That is my understanding of it and it has historical accuracy and merit. These are key differences.

If people can believe in the magical events listed in the bible, then for them, magic exists no matter what the tale is. Either all magic is possible (rising from the dead after three days and ascending into heaven, magic mirrors, elves, fairies...) or none of it exists.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by jiggerj

So did you notice the christian undertones in the movie hm? What gave it away, when Snow said the Lord's prayer in the tower? Or was it when she walked on water when she was called forth by the purdy white stag? Or when the stag was pierced through the heart and then flew up to the heavens?

The director spoonfed you christianity underneath the guise of a story and you didn''t even know it. Blind leading the blind my friend.

Uh-uh. You've been spoonfed Christianity under the guise of the Snow White story, and you didn't even know it.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
hahaha top tekkers to the OP just wished we had a top actor turned director to put this film into a new direction and ran away with the idea, had a dream last night about a guy called lem bigson he was massive and he was born in new zealand... he was in a film called dam xam he drove a skoda and rode people with ladas off the road in a shot, the weird part was tina turner was singing in a gigantic f***kin ball and it got in the charts!! how craaaazy is that somedays my mind boggles me

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft
reply to post by jiggerj

Many so called, fictional characters, are actually based on real people…

Why didn't anyone tell me about Snow White???,

Didn’t you get the memo

- JC

That's where the conspiracy comes in. Rather than give us the truth of a beautiful, loving, merciful princess (goddess) who wasn't bludgeoned to death to make us feel obligated to worship her, it was deemed by men of olden times necessary to instill fear into mankind by depicting god as quick to kill and condemn.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
..and that's the rest of the story!"

You are right, sir. It is the rest of the STORY. Tell me, if you were to write a totally fictitious story of an all-powerful god (not the god of any currently existing religious texts), what would you have this god do in the story? Would you have him create a universe and see that it is good? Would you have him punish sinners and reward the faithful? Create miracles (heal the blind, raise the dead)? Come down to earth and live as a man for a time, and give his death an unforgettable purpose for his children? Would you have him test his children?

I tell you that the religious texts were well thought out to include everything a great storyteller could possibly add to a god story. Could you add more? I don't think so.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I didn't tell you about Snow White because you didn't ask...

And the line between myth, legend, fairy tales, folklore, oral traditions and religions is not a clear one. All of these require the interpretation of an individual and the belief of another.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
As this thread is nothing but a troll attempt at not really aimed at serious discussion from the outset...

Closed.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join