It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia offers NZ soldiers $250k to swap armies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

We aren't passive, we are just cleaning up the scraps that you bigger nations don't have to worry about at the moment. As usual if any WW starts, we will be needed and again our soldiers will be on the front line dying for the Queen while the brits sit back drinking tea and playing with themselves.

WW2 is a perfect example of why we do need a military. The japanese bombed Darwin and sent Submarines into Sydney harbour also. Somehow we fixed those pricks up but lets say the Chinese were to attack, even with our army and no assistance we are a sitting duck.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by Ben81

Australia and new Zealand are both under the crown. One would think it would not matter what country they were fighting under. JThey both fight for the U.K in the end.

Typical NWO bovine excrement.

the 2 governments are completely seperate, and even though the monarch may be the same person the 2 crowns are legally completely seperate.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Nice to see someone who has a clue, instead of taking wikipedia as gospel.

NZ and AUS governments are 100% seperate to the UK. We do not have to answer to them over policy changes, nor do we have to ask for their permission to change anything.

Both countries are 100% self governed.

This isn't so much a "poaching soldiers" case, as much as it is the Aus military trying to get a good "deal" by purchasing already trained soldiers.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
They remind me of Canada
neutral and land of the free at one time

Since when has Canada been truly neutral?

Boer War, 1899-1902
WW1, 1914-1918
WW2, 1939-1945
Korean War, 1950-1953
Gulf War, 1990-1991
Afghanistan, 2001-present
Iraq War, 2003-2005 (~100 officers on exchange with American units)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

We aren't passive, we are just cleaning up the scraps that you bigger nations .....

I'm from New Zealand

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
As a soldier in the British Army I would like to offer my services... I have a full CV of tasty military skills and the experience to back it up...

Giz a job guvnor!

You can keep your $250k I dont need it.. Just the chance to live and work in your beautiful country would be enough.. Oh yeah.. And I get to have a Steyr Aug as my IW!

Its win win..

Pretty please....

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Can you imagine the kinds of side-deals and trades that must be going on between NZ and Aussie:

"I'll trade you Willie Apiata for a 20% increase in our meat export quotas"
"Throw in the rights to brew Tui and you've got a deal"
"Done"
"Wait...actually...you give us Willie Apiata and take back those GC idiots, and you can have a 25% increase AND keep your Tui rights"
"Ummm...can we get back to you on that? We're pretty stoked those idiots off The GC are over on the GC and not back here..."

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

I wasn't desputing ,I asked a question because I want to know more.It would confirm some extremely obscure conspiracies I've read about.
Hell yes we have ethics in the US don't you? I haven't been down town ambushing gangs or shooting whoever I please. Don't tell me you buy that anti American garbage we kill each other all time because a few idiots walk the streets.Or we all want to take over the world. Not true, and never was at the individual level.
Traditional America is under siege and has been since the late 50s by people who want a global system.

Hey friend,I never implied any of the above.Many are awaiting the same,on principle.I would like to hear your knowledge of those obscure conspiracies.I'm curious.If you come close to a truth,I will proceed further.PM me if it makes you more comfortable.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I just read a few weeks ago about a guy who was a royal marine who then emigrated MD and joined the SAS. He then turned around and joined the Aussie SAS. I will try to find the link.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRemorse762

Many years ago a mate of mine left the NZ army as a 2nd L (having made some unfortunate remarks to a singaporean Major that "limited" his career I believe!!) & went to Sandhurst (graduated 6th), served with the Brits for several years & took redundancy in a round of retrenchments in the 1990's.

Serving in other armies after training is a lot more common than people think - especially among commonwealth nations - IIRC there are hundreds of Fijians serving in the British army for example.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

WW2 is a perfect example of why we do need a military. The japanese bombed Darwin and sent Submarines into Sydney harbour also. Somehow we fixed those pricks up but lets say the Chinese were to attack, even with our army and no assistance we are a sitting duck.

We have nothing to fear. China like us. They do not want to waste energy and resources on dealing with us if they do not have to. Diplomacy. We have so much to offer by way of diplomacy.

And Japan was never going to invade us because they knew that it was impossible and a waste of resources. Their strategy was containment all along.

It is obvious that we could remain neutral as far as China is concerned. But how would America treat us if we told them that we did not want to get mixed up in their mess? They would not allow it.

If an Australian Leader speaks out against the United States, they end up like Harold Holt. I do not think Gillard wants to be murdered by the CIA. We are being forced into this situatiion by the Americans. The American Government does not care in the slightest about the best interests of Australia and Australians.

If we do not do what the United States Governments orders, our country will lose its international standing within Americas Imperial Empire and that will hurt us ( it would have in the past since WW2 anyway. ). Our Government needs to show some sense and have some backbone and stand up to the Americans. The Empire is almost dead. We must jump ship before its all too late. We have a bright bright future as allies of China. If we stick with the United States, we are doomed.
edit on 12-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Rob Maylor is his name. Here is a link to his quick profile.
sofrep.com...

I am aware of various colonial countries and their ties to indigenous fighting units.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
reply to post by DarknStormy

We have nothing to fear. China like us. They do not want to waste energy and resources on dealing with us if they do not have to. Diplomacy. We have so much to offer by way of diplomacy.

China has spend the last 20 years playing military catch up to what the US and Russia achieved over the last 70 years. They are doing a damn efficient job of it. China's military and foreign policy is not given the true credit that it deserves. The western MSM will never give you the true picture of China's true capabilities. They have the economic growth and the cash reserves to do as they please. They have NO DEBT!! How many countries can say that? China is the country that Australia should be worried about. China does not need Australia, but the Aussies need China. The US needs Australia and Australia needs the US.

You can placate the Chinese and abandon the US foreign policy strategy, but in 20 years you will just end up in the same boat, or worse, with China as you once were with the US.

I'm not saying it a good thing. The entire system is broken.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I think it was John Howard that first suggested Australian and NZ military become one but NZ said NO NO NO and there's a reason for it. NZ soldiers are far more specialized and better trained in their area of expertise. NZ has watched closely how Australians fought in both the Boar War, WW1, WW2, Burma, Vietnam and Afghanistan and have no intentions of combining the two militaries for very good reason.

I think you get the hint

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

You can placate the Chinese and abandon the US foreign policy strategy, but in 20 years you will just end up in the same boat, or worse, with China as you once were with the US.

You are probably correct. It is time to reload though.

America is done. There is no way they can pay that massive National Debt or fix their lowered Credit Rating amongst many many other problems that they have. They offer nothing more than a military that is making us a target and consumers buying products with a massively inflated, and soon to be unseated US Dollar. The US is Tullip Mania gone loco. The price of tullips is about to crash.

Its not hard to see which way the wind is blowing.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by erwalker

American soldiers have much to learn from the Australian military. The basic Australian soldier receives the same training as the American Delta units but the NZ military are in a league of their own; they are much smaller but more specialized, they also fight very differently to the Australians.
edit on 12-6-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

China are only "friendly" with Australia because we currently have what they want.

And we are selling it cheap.

If that ever changes, they'll go somewhere else in an instant.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

You are probably correct. It is time to reload though.

America is done. There is no way they can pay that massive National Debt or fix their lowered Credit Rating amongst many many other problems that they have. They offer nothing more than a military that is making us a target and consumers buying products with a massively inflated, and soon to be unseated US Dollar. The US is Tullip Mania gone loco. The price of tullips is about to crash.

Its not hard to see which way the wind is blowing.

I am with you on the US decline. It breaks my heart to think about how much I(and thousands of other heros) have given up in my life so that the American public can drink the cool-aid and play dumb. Unfortunately I am surrounded by people every day that would rather throw their hands up and give up rather than put an ounce of brain power into resolving our economic and political crisis.

It sounds like no one is going to be there to help Australia. Only vultures circling your continent. It's time to take a stand and say NO! Whether to the US or China, especially China. I am an American after all, I don't want one of my good buddies to make friends with my worst enemy. I think all western countries are in the same boat one way or the other. They system is broken!!! We need to replace it and not fix it!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by erwalker

American soldiers have much to learn from the Australian military. The basic Australian soldier receives the same training as the American Delta units but the NZ military are in a league of their own; they are much smaller but more specialized, they also fight very differently to the Australians.
edit on 12-6-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

I have first hand knowledge to call BS on that "mate". Site a source. I don't even think you know what your talking about. If that was true we would only have Aussie troops in Afghanistan at their current troop levels taking care of business. BS!!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Germanicus

China are only "friendly" with Australia because we currently have what they want.

And we are selling it cheap.

If that ever changes, they'll go somewhere else in an instant.

We have what they want. They have what we want. Works out great doesnt it? They are more than fair. We can thank them for rising to number 1 rank of OECD nations and you know it. We can thank them for our booming economy and you know it.

What has America done for us lately? Risk our economy and make us a target. Yet we still get Australians like you defending the United States
unAustralian

China has not wronged us. We are great friends since the days of Keating. What evidence do you have that China will do us harm? And we are positioned perfectly geographically now that all of the capital has moved to the East. We can be a key player in the new centre of power if people like you do not make clowns of us for the history books.

Are you blind? You think the United States can fix the deep deep grave they have dug themselves? Dont be absurd.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join