It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia offers NZ soldiers $250k to swap armies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Australia offers NZ soldiers $250k to swap armies

www.nzherald.co.nz

Kiwi soldiers are being head-hunted to join the Australian Army with $250,000 cash bonuses.

The hired guns are getting the lucrative sign-on fee, as well as fast-tracked citizenship, in a bid to boost Australia's military ranks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This is a bad omen for war
first step before actualy drafting everyone in the country

Im not sure who Australia will support .. UK ? because of the queen
but they are certainly preparing themself
like they knew they needed to have more soldiers right now

I cant believe Australia is doing that
they are usualy very neutral .. what changed their mind ?

But the move to recruit foreign "mercenaries" from New Zealand - and other countries including America, Germany, South Africa, Poland and Singapore - has angered veterans' groups across the Ditch.

War graves advocate John Saddington told the Herald Sun newspaper in Melbourne that the practice was "an absolute disgrace", adding: "We are hiring mercenaries."

The NZ Defence Force, meanwhile, confirmed yesterday that it employs a similar "lateral recruitment" process to attract soldiers from around the world. A spokesman said it was "fairly standard practice" for international armies to trade staff.

The Australian Army wants snipers, military police, pilots and dentists, while the Navy needs submarine technicians and medical officers.

Foreign recruits can also get their Australian citizenship fast-tracked after three months of service.

Figures obtained by the Courier-Mail in Brisbane reveal that 726 international military personnel have arrived since 2006 at an estimated total relocation cost of $128 million.

Anyone can explain why would they need to hires soldier so quickly

"The costs vary according to the family composition and size, but is typically A$150,000 to $200,000 [$192,000-$256,000]. Given the significant cost of training and building experience in new military recruits, this cost represents good value."

The ADF said new trained soldiers earn about A$56,000 a year. Salaries increase with experience and promotions.

That price alone will make any soldier paying under salivate on the 250k idea

Why a price so high .. like they needed soldier ASAP
edit on 6/12/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

The United States.

The United States have brought their wars to the West.

WW3 will likely see Australia attacked by our good friends China because the deadbeat, loser American government cant pay its bills.

Thanks America

edit- Maybe you Americans should start telling your loser of a government that there is no problem in the pacific. The United States is the problem. Do you people realy want war because you refuse to pay your bills and live within your means? If you think you can fight a war with China from the safety of across the other side of the world as usual, think again. China will attack you too. Count on it.

Pay your damn bills!

edit on 12-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

You got it in one!!!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
You bring in outside soldiers when you want to attack your own citizenry, I thought.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
reply to post by Ben81

The United States.

The United States have brought their wars to the West.

WW3 will likely see Australia attacked by our good friends China because the dead beat American government cant pay its bills.

Thanks America

I'm an American and most people I know work and pay taxes and pay their bills. I'm sorry the citizens here get lumped in with the government and politicians. Most of us are nice and just try to get through life like everyone else.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Maybe you should start a foreign legion like France.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Australia's never been neutral...no thanks to Britain and the USA...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
You bring in outside soldiers when you want to attack your own citizenry, I thought.

Most of us know what is happening.

We owe China so much. They are our friends. They live amongst us.

Our ecomic future is with China and Asia.

I would imagine they have considered this and have a plan to pacify our people if the need should arise.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel

Hasn't happened much in Russia, France or Spain (note: they all have their own Foreign Legions). The French Foreign Legion is hundreds of years old, yet the closest thing they have done for France was attempt a coup d'etat because they were unhappy with the government of the time. I'm just saying, the basis that importing foreign soldiers to "go to war" with you populations is absurd. As i said, it hasn't happened in Spain, France or Russia...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
$250k seems pretty cheap to "purchase" an off the shelf ready to fight experienced soldier. The soldiers native countries, I'm sure, paid much more than that to train their soldiers in their selected fields. I'm not saying that picking the low hanging fruit by Australia is morally correct but it does make financial sense.

You may also be right about the US's influence. They are in the process of setting up a Marine base in Australia. Maybe Australia is hedging their bets against China, one of their biggest trading partners.

The US has a similar program in the sense that they will fast track citizenship if you serve in the military. We do not pay soldiers to swap countries to join our military but we do offer bonuses of many thousands of dollars depending on what MOS (Military Occupational Specialty) you choose. We will also take foreigners with prior military service from their respective countries.

Edit:Since '06 only 700+ people have been through this program. If you put them all in one unit they might be at Battalion size force. Watch out Aussie's, 700 foreigners are taking over your country. The article sited the fact that they were looking for many different specialties so they will not all be in the same unit.

This type of thing has been going on a long time throughout the world and it will most likely keep going on. I think Australia's sovereignty is safe.
edit on 12-6-2012 by NoRemorse762 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I don't know why, this story makes me laugh, I'm not sure why.

I don't get why it is really needed tho, I'd imagine if war was to come, and Australia had to fight a nation. New Zealand and Australia would be allies in a matter?
I also don't see Australia needing an army, I don't get who would attack them. They're remained a passive nation, I'm sure we've all seen the "End of the World" flash video that has Australia going "wtf?" at the bottom of the globe.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

They remind me of Canada
neutral and land of the free at one time

Things change when a corrupt government take place
so the elite empire can grow a larger force
they will not be scare to announce a obligatory draft
to fight a hundred millions red soldiers (russia-china)

US have underestimate the capabilities of both empire combined
they are the only ones who can really win against the US
if they wanted .. they could invade each US coast with millions of soldiers
that will take hostage each US cities
so Obama doesnt launch the nukes on their country

the best way to win against the US in a modern war is to invade it on its own soil
if they dont do that .. they risk of having a full retaliation on their heads at home

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRemorse762
They are in the process of setting up a Marine base in Australia.

No no no. They aren't going to have one Marine base. The US is going to be based out of Brisbane, Darwin and Sydney so i read...that's more than 1

Not to mention the drone base they want to set up...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xertious
I also don't see Australia needing an army, I don't get who would attack them. They're remained a passive nation, I'm sure we've all seen the "End of the World" flash video that has Australia going "wtf?" at the bottom of the globe.

We have a Defence Force

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Did you see the new kill drone we have?This way they can hit individuals.
Shoot all drones down you can,my friends they aren't for war.
As to the US we are working on it but Romney is not going to be any better than Obama.
Things may get ugly here so don't join any UN efforts if they ask you to disarm us.I would miss the debates if we killed any of you

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

the best way to win against the US in a modern war is to invade it on its own soil
if they dont do that .. they risk of having a full retaliation on their heads at home

They would still be outgunned by our civilian populace, let alone the military might our country has. Almost everyone in America has a gun, if not more than one. Good luck trying to occupy the US.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Aren't NZ and AZ allies?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRemorse762

Originally posted by Ben81

They would still be outgunned by our civilian populace, let alone the military might our country has. Almost everyone in America has a gun, if not more than one. Good luck trying to occupy the US.

outgunned ? .. dont be sure of that
especially if your weak spot is behind you (your familly)
you will not risk them supporting the government
if you attack the russian or chinese soldier
guess what .. you will be portrayed has a terrorist rebel
the same way irakis who fought the war against the US

Many Irakis who after losing their familly in a missile strike
became "terrorist" and alqueada affiliates fighting the US

Pretty sure many americans will do the same if someone they loved
are killed by a foreign occupation force

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I don't mean to be rude but I don't understand what you are saying. I think you just made a point and contradicted yourself all in the same post. Then again, I am not sure of your point.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join