It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia offers NZ soldiers $250k to swap armies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Yeah... because 2,500 Marines is such a threat to China or Australia.

Anyone ever think the shiftage in Marines has to do with the downsizing of US forcs on Okinawa?

Although I applaud the paranoid dreams you guys have...
edit on 12-6-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Are you nuts or something?

Where have I defended the US?

I didn't even mention them.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

The marines being sent to Australia has little to do with China and a lot to do with North Korea.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Are you nuts or something?

Where have I defended the US?

I didn't even mention them.

Well why are you bagging China for no good reason then?

China is the future. America is the past.

And what you said, bagging our mates China, shows that you are not excited about our bright future with China. I can only conclude that you are in favour of sticking with a counter productive alliance with the United States Government.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Xcathdra

The marines being sent to Australia has little to do with China and a lot to do with North Korea.

Point is people appear to be going overly dramatic for some strange reason. 2,500 Marines against a 200 million man army... yeah... roughly comparable....

Australia could have said no, and can still tell the US to leave. I always enjoy it when people ignore the other side, laying total and complete blame on the US as if other countries have no other options.

Originally posted by Germanicus
China is the future. America is the past.

Have fun with that...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Aren't NZ and AZ allies?

Except during rugby Season

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noinden

Aren't NZ and AZ allies?

Is Rugby a sport?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by daaskapital

Yeah... because 2,500 Marines is such a threat to China or Australia.

Anyone ever think the shiftage in Marines has to do with the downsizing of Us forcs on Okinawa?

Although I applaud the paranoid dreams you guys have...

It is more than that and you know it. Or maybe you really dont. Do not make lame condescending remarks when you obviously do not understand the situation.

Obama has clearly stated that the US military will be shifting focus to the pacific. It is far more than increasing the number of soldiers that the US has on our soil. There is talk of a US Drone Base in Australia and the US Navy will be increasing its presence amongst other things.

it is highly offensive for you to make light of this serious situation. Why are you commenting when you obviously have no idea in relation to regional politics in our part of the world? When you have no understanding or knowledge of what is happening?

Is Rugby a sport?

edit- and is Gridiron a sport? Are there people under all those helmets and pads? You are obviously here to annoy people.

edit on 12-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The U.S troops here in the NT it a pure strategic position for the Asia pacific area, Just look at the globe and say the top end NT is not a strategic point giving the advantage to the U.S.

And as for saying NO to the U.S troops, well If only governments listen to the people, Like that would ever happen anywhere on the planet.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Learn how to deny ignorance FIRST and then we'll talk.

This kind of crap isn't conductive to a positive atmosphere at ATS.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I haven't bagged them, I spoke the truth, we're an ends to a means.

Let's look at iron ore for example, we're selling it to the Chinese for around $150 per tonne, we then buy steel back from China for around $800 per tonne.

You see, China doesn't NEED our iron ore, we only supply 40-50% of it to them now anyway and we are currently only marginally cheaper than competing countries like Brazil and India, but Australia NEEDS steel, so we pay through the nose for it.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the vast amounts of raw materials we export to China, we would be struggling.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Aren't NZ and AZ allies?

Is Rugby a sport?

Anyone who needs to ask that questin is probably a grey reptiloid chemtrailer seeking a deeper understanding of what it means to actually be human in order to enable his NWO.

so there.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

It is more than that and you know it. Do not make lame condescending remarks when you obviously do not understand the situation.

No its 2,500 Marines and its been stated time and again by Obama and the DoD as well as Australia.

Obama has clearly stated that the US military will be shifting focus to the pacific. It is far more than increasing the number of soldiers that the US has on our soil.

Yup.. if you did some research you would see the US Navy will bear the largest brunt of that shift, with a large portion of their naval shifts being moved from Atlantic command to the Pacific command. Secondly the US also has territory in that region, as well as the US State of Hawaii so we do have a vested interest in what China does, as should Australia.

There is talk of a US Drone Base in Australia and the US Navy will be increasing its presence amongst other things.

Talk and nothing more.. Again quit blaming the US for a bilateral decision.. If it was as easy as the US dictating terms there would not be any need for "talks" now would there? Australia is a sovereign nation and is capable of making decisions, as is the US. If we ask and Australia says yes then its not the fault of the US now is it?

it is highly offensive for you to make light of this serious situation. Why are you commenting when you obviously have no idea in relation to regional politics in our part of the world? When you have no understanding or knowledge of what is happening?

Take all the offense you want as it is of no concern to me, especially since your offense stems from your own lack of understanding of whats going on in the region and the US interest in that region. Since you apparently are somehwat lost let me help you out -

In addition to the Us State of Hawaii -
American Samoa
Baker Island
Guam
Howland Island
Jarvis Island
Johnston Atoll
Kingman Reef
Marianas Trench National Marine Monument NOAA and U.S. Department of the Interior
Midway Islands
Palmyra Atoll
Wake Island

Just to name a few.. Since the name of the game is economics, which is exactly why China has been playing tough when it comes to their maratime claims (research United Nations EEZ (Exclusive Economic Zone)), the above places the US as an interested party to the regional politics since we are in fact included as an affected party and not a 3rd party.

Shall we go into the treaties the US, as well as other countries around the world (France, UK, Russia, etc) have with other sovereign nations int he region? Or is it somehow ok to ignore those countries when they actively pursue and reach a defense / alliance agreement with the US?

How about we look at the US alliance with Tiawan?? People wrongly assume the US is required to defend and protect Tiawan and that is not accurate. The US agreement pledges to provide Tiawan with the means to defend themselves.

What China is able to get away with now will be measured against the reaction to those issues because it gives us an idea of what happens if we just allow the Chinese claims to go unchallenged. As an example China has laid claim to Arctic territory currently in dispute between the US, Canada, Russia etc etc... They have no historic claims yet the resources potential is so high they just decided they have claims that are indisputable.

So before you shoot your mouth off and accuse me of soemthing, maybe you should get all the facts first and be somewhat informed before you try to lecture.

United Nations - Chinese list of Territorial / Maritime Claims

edit- and is Gridiron a sport? Are there people under all those helmets and pads? You are obviously here to annoy people.

edit on 12-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

Rugby.. A joke towards New Zealand.. You need thicker skin...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Aren't NZ and AZ allies?

Is Rugby a sport?

Anyone who needs to ask that questin is probably a grey reptiloid chemtrailer seeking a deeper understanding of what it means to actually be human in order to enable his NWO.

so there.

It was a joke to go along eith the other joke told in that post..

A joke.. meant to be funny.. like this thread.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I haven't bagged them, I spoke the truth, we're an ends to a means.

Let's look at iron ore for example, we're selling it to the Chinese for around $150 per tonne, we then buy steel back from China for around $800 per tonne.

You see, China doesn't NEED our iron ore, we only supply 40-50% of it to them now anyway and we are currently only marginally cheaper than competing countries like Brazil and India, but Australia NEEDS steel, so we pay through the nose for it.

That's not all that expensive at all - in fact it is dirt cheap.

When i worked in a foundry as a student (cough....30 years ago now!!) scrap was $100/tonne, and the finished product was sold at $1500/ton - almost all of the "added value" was electricity to smelt.

At $800/tonne you are getting cheap metal!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Yes I know - so whas my post!!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Yes I know - so whas my post!!

My apologies..

I took your post the wrong way.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Aren't NZ and AZ allies?

Who is AZ?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GermanicusPay your damn bills!

That's impossible their isn't enough money in the world. Literally The Federal reserve has debased the global economy. Rothschild Slave monetary system strategy in place.

Whilst I agree with you on everything. Paying the bills isn't possible. We could overthrow the 13 Illuminati families and their subsidiaries that control the world "novus ordo seclorum" style.... In fact that is our ONLY option of we want to survive as a species.

Either we all realise this or were fuc*ed.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRemorse762
reply to post by Ben81

You were right about Iraq. Killing the local indigenous population does breed insurgency.

I can tell you as a gun loving American we would not roll over for a foreign government. The United States was founded on the principles of guerrilla warfare and insurgency. That is how we got our independence from Britain.

Its funny how Americans say they would not roll over for a foreign government when in fact your country has enslaved so many including mine.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join