Australia offers NZ soldiers $250k to swap armies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xertious
I don't know why, this story makes me laugh, I'm not sure why.

I don't get why it is really needed tho, I'd imagine if war was to come, and Australia had to fight a nation. New Zealand and Australia would be allies in a matter?
I also don't see Australia needing an army, I don't get who would attack them. They're remained a passive nation, I'm sure we've all seen the "End of the World" flash video that has Australia going "wtf?" at the bottom of the globe.

Indonesia.

A passive nation?? New Zealand land wars (2500 men on promise of land - it's gone both ways!), Sudan 1885 (700 men), Boer War (25,000 men), WW1 (416,000 served, 330,000 overseas), Russian Civil War (small numbers - 150-200, but awarded 2 VC's!), Spanish civil war (again small numbers, mostly for Republicans, 1 known to have served on Franco's side), WW2 (993,000 served, 557,000 overseas), korea (17,808), Malaya (7,000), Indonesia-Malaysia confrontation (2,500), Vietnam (50,000+), GW1 (750), Timor Leste (2000+), Afghanistan (2,000+), GW2 (2000+), colonial repression in New Guinea, 150 years of "border war" against aboriginals

-Wiki Article

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRemorse762
reply to post by Ben81

I don't mean to be rude but I don't understand what you are saying. I think you just made a point and contradicted yourself all in the same post. Then again, I am not sure of your point.

I was making a comparison with Irak
and what it would be like in the US
if it had an occupying force

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I think this is a great idea!!!

If it ever does come war we will have expendable cannon fodder

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

You were right about Iraq. Killing the local indigenous population does breed insurgency.

I can tell you as a gun loving American we would not roll over for a foreign government. The United States was founded on the principles of guerrilla warfare and insurgency. That is how we got our independence from Britain.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

You were right about Iraq. Killing the local indigenous population does breed insurgency.

I can tell you as a gun loving American we would not roll over for a foreign government. The United States was founded on the principles of guerrilla warfare and insurgency. That is how we got our independence from Britain.

One wonders when the american people will do something positive to gain independence from their criminal government.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Well, I'll be damned, I suppose it makes sense that they supported their allies.
Why doesn't Australia/NZ get stick from countries then, why is it always the US and the UK that get bitched at about wars when Australia has been there all the time, some of their own too.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
This is a bad omen for war
first step before actualy drafting everyone in the country

Anyone can explain why would they need to hires soldier so quickly

Why a price so high .. like they needed soldier ASAP
edit on 6/12/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

Here is your answer.The Australian Government has already commited us to war with China,hence Gillards standing ovation in the American Congress.It is a done deal!

www.globalresearch.ca...

www.theaustralian.com.au...

Hence Obama's vist,followed by the Danish Crown Prince and Princess.I don't expect anyone to understand the latter conection.However it is more significant than you could ever imagine.
Australia is committed to more American Bases.The leak about a drone base is also correct.Australia has been sold out and has picked the wrong side to be on.

That being said, my insight to this from inside of national security is this.Foriegn Companies are about to be locked out of there own interest's.Mines and ports are going to be closed and imported good's will vanish.There shall be great scarcity and work for the dole is going to take on a whole new meaning.Hard times are comming,the state of this nation is nothing like you are being told.From the first of July big changes are comming,it will be slow at first but will gather momentum.Having said this,I have quit the security field.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

Friend, I truely love the sentiment of your statement.Don't ever change.However you are under a foriegn government and have never been independant.It is time you and your nieghbours clean house.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

So then, as history has shown the Danes are the seat of the hidden world power?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

We can't start shooting until they shoot first,call it a gunfighter mentality.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Red Con 1

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
You bring in outside soldiers when you want to attack your own citizenry, I thought.

Most of us know what is happening.

We owe China so much. They are our friends. They live amongst us.

Our ecomic future is with China and Asia.

I would imagine they have considered this and have a plan to pacify our people if the need should arise.

You think China is your friend?

Well, um, good luck with that.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7

We can't start shooting until they shoot first,call it a gunfighter mentality.

I like that you have a code of ethic's.Which history do you refer? While you are at it,find the translation of Kong.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Sigh........Why cant they spend that money on Sydney infrastructure, national hospitals, or giving something back to the Australian people..instead of friken wasting money on war....

One upon a time Australia welcomed you with open arms...Now..you cant enter Australia without carrying arms........

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Dam, can a US citizen get that?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I wasn't desputing ,I asked a question because I want to know more.It would confirm some extremely obscure conspiracies I've read about.
Hell yes we have ethics in the US don't you? I haven't been down town ambushing gangs or shooting whoever I please. Don't tell me you buy that anti American garbage we kill each other all time because a few idiots walk the streets.Or we all want to take over the world. Not true, and never was at the individual level.
Traditional America is under siege and has been since the late 50s by people who want a global system.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Looks like I gotta start workin on my kiwi accent, fake some paperwork, and eventually hire me a private pilot to get me out of Australia.

Although i doubt its a lump sum. Probably installments. If its lump sum then im in

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Australia and new Zealand are both under the crown. One would think it would not matter what country they were fighting under. JThey both fight for the U.K in the end.

link   
I think there is a simple reason for Australia looking to recruit from overseas: We are sick of war, less people are enlisting. Many people who would have considered the military as a career are instead deciding to go make big $$ in the mining boom.

People ARE waking up and realising that military service is less about defending your country and more about becoming corporate cannon-fodder for the rich.

link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Ben81

Dam, can a US citizen get that?

Doctors make 250k a yrs not soldiers .. wth

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join