It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura Gets Backing Of Former SEALs In Lawsuit Over “Punch” Hoax

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by fairguy
reply to post by stanguilles7

If that was all he had to go on I don't really think he'd allow a lawsuit to come of it.

Lawsuits are routinely based on all kinds of frivolous nonsense. It doesnt have to stick, he just has to file.

Sounds like a concerted effort on Jesse's part to promote this guy's book, to be honest. Ventura's 'awsuit' just gives the guy anhis new book free publicity.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

reply to post by stanguilles7

If that was all he had to go on I don't really think he'd allow a lawsuit to come of it.

Lawsuits are routinely based on all kinds of frivolous nonsense. It doesnt have to stick, he just has to file.

Sounds like a concerted effort on Jesse's part to promote this guy's book, to be honest. Ventura's 'awsuit' just gives the guy anhis new book free publicity.

It would be pretty bad publicity to promote a book on a false accusation claim, atleast I feel it would.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Text In 1962 President Kennedy called for the creation of a new force with the ability to perform clandestine operations in maritime and riverine environments. The U.S. Navy established SEAL (Sea, Air, Land) Teams ONE and TWO to answer the call. Read more: wiki.answers.com...

Originally posted by

Once again he forgets he was never actually a SEAL. Or, to be more specific, when he was on active duty, they weren't called SEALs yet. At the time he served with the Navy Underwater Demolition Teams. One too many head hits during his wrestling days, perhaps?

Dude do you lie much , try doing a little research before you try blowing smoke up are arsses . You keep this up you will have no credibility on this site , try godlike productions anything goes there , ATS expects the truth.
edit on 09/06/2012 by Azadok2day because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

The name changed - trust me the job didn't - he is a Seal....

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok2day

Text In 1962 President Kennedy called for the creation of a new force with the ability to perform clandestine operations in maritime and riverine environments. The U.S. Navy established SEAL (Sea, Air, Land) Teams ONE and TWO to answer the call. Read more: wiki.answers.com...

Originally posted by

Once again he forgets he was never actually a SEAL. Or, to be more specific, when he was on active duty, they weren't called SEALs yet. At the time he served with the Navy Underwater Demolition Teams. One too many head hits during his wrestling days, perhaps?

Dude do you lie much , try doing a little research before you try blowing smoke up are arsses . You keep this up you will have no credibility on this site , try godlike productions anything goes there , ATS expects the truth.
edit on 09/06/2012 by Azadok2day because: (no reason given)

Once again he forgets he was never actually a SEAL. Or, to be more specific, when he was on active duty, they weren't called SEALs yet.

so your saying he taught them,,, cool,,

works for me

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
even as a wrestler,, he would always show the regular guys,, ,,,cool,

THE BODY ,,,ya,,,

the rest,, whatever,, its Hollwood,,, lol

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Chris Kyle, while his abilities and skill is superb, is a disgrace to all us Naval Operators with his attitude and arrogance. As a 16 year veteran of Navcom SWG Operator I can say that whether the incident happened or not, his (Kyle) publicity whoring of the supposed incident is distasteful and not very becomming of a person of the discipline of an operator.

As an operator you respect your fellow members, and yes in there is a fight in the bar the shore patrol is called. You are expected to act with full integrity and virtue at all times. If this incident would have happened you would have heard about it, maybe not from operators but hy civilians that were present. That would have been headline news.

When I heard that Kyle said when asked what happened after he punched Ventura, he replied that he then ran away. That told me all I needed to know, when you get in a fight with a fellow operator if you were to punch and run, your name is dirt. You're out, you can't trust your life to someone that will coward out and run away. This is all publicity on the part of Kyle saying more than he could back up.

Kyle is acting like a star struck b***h, making all he can off his notoriety.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

So why is Ventura giving him free publicity with this lawsuit?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
reply to post by Nucleardiver

So why is Ventura giving him free publicity with this lawsuit?

Well, that's one way to look at it. Jesse Ventura is out to clear his name. He gave Kyle all the chances to pull out and admit his lies but its going to court. The owner of the bar says it never happened. Now imagine on that fateful if the owner of the bar was working! Case closed. Ventura cleared and Kyle disgraced and ashamed.

Free publicity? There is no such thing as bad publicity but one must think of all the outcomes from said publicity. I wonder how many books he sold so far? He may see a small increase if the MSM picks up this story. They may cover it but probably won't be dwelling on it. If Kyles loses the case... well it can't be good for biz.
edit on 11-6-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
You know this is line dog s##t.Why would elites involve themselves in this sort of circus anyway?Every SEAL I've met the SF,Rangers if they are good they have an earned professionalism.They know who they are and they don't brag. Like that one joker on "Top Shots" That guy was an embarrassment to ANY force. And he is a coach! Stupid s##t man.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
and a Canadian STILL has that Record! as far as im concerned.

breath,,,

no breath, slower,,,

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
The same thing always comes up if he was/wasn't a SEAL. The UDT is part of SEAL hence the Acronym Sea, Air, Land. Furthermore, I don't see what's so wrong about clearing your name and suing someone for defamation of character. After watching Kyle on BookTV his brief story about Ventura, He didn't seem very truthful to me. Even though Jessie is an older gentleman, do you honestly believe that Jessie would allow this young guy to cheap shot and punch him in the face?? lol I don't know maybe Jessie would of called police, but in a brawl Jessie would smash that kids face in.
So now the truth comes out and Jessie now has back up from the bar owner that said it never happen (why am I not surprised). If I am not mistaken, I do believe Jessie said, the bar owner was his former master chief trainer in BUDS. Kyle is probably going to eat his shoe on this one.
edit on 12-6-2012 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
As much as I dislike Ventura, I don't blame him. There's a difference between exaggerating your story for entertainment, and bold face lying. I also don't think it has as much to do with what he said, just the fact he lied. I've seen Jesse argue with skeptics and such, and he always was respectful if nothing else. Not to mention, as much as he talks positivly about his service, I doubt he would disrespect that honor by picking a fight. Looks to me like this guy just really wanted to sell books and thought by naming Jesse and fabricating this story would help.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

Everyone deserves an opportunity to alter public perception of their behavior and character when either are attacked. But good to add one more name to the list of folks who would actually turn the other cheek and fail to defend their name and by association, everyone who shares that name.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
Chris Kyle, while his abilities and skill is superb, is a disgrace to all us Naval Operators with his attitude and arrogance.

Well, here's a thought:If he lied about this, what else is he lying about? I've always had serious doubts about most of the claims he makes in his book.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Although none of this changes the fact that he was falsely accused of knocking a man out, in what is probably a stupid publicity stunt for the man claiming that he was knocked out.

So are you saying that Jesse knocked out Chris? Re-read the OP.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
My question is so what if he did? Is that supposed to make him (Kyle) some big bad a** now?
Ventura is rough and tough but he's still human, so would it be beyond belief if someone did knock him out? I'm not saying it happened but...again, so what if it did?

Seems to me this Kyle character has self-esteem issues.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Interesting story. It very well could be fake but there is a reason behind it. I would have never known about this guys book had it not been for this story being posted. Whether it is true or not it has gotten some publicity now which should put a little more money in his pocket. Well played soldier.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
i read parts of chris kyles sniper book.

he's definitely not mentally stable. i guess killing over 260 people does something, including women, to your brain.

you can definitely get a vibe that he hates "ragheads" but then he goes on to say that he's proud he's freeing them. wtf? he enjoys killing them to free them.

the book is definitely propaganda, an america version of russian vasily zaitsev. its like bush's speech writer wrote the book.

the only thing i believe in that book is that he was a sniper, was in iraq and he killed a woman (possibly holding a grenade, who knows) and killed someone in the battle of fallujah.

the rest is made up, to be some american superhero sniper and chris is playing along for the money and the fame. which i assume beats sitting around all day in the iraqi heat.

just like the ventura incident, the book is 90% fiction.

my theory is that he's probably some sick $#%@ who went cowboy in iraq and started blowing away civilians left and right for "fun". they realized he was a psychotic killer who enjoyed killing to much so the pentagon took him out and spun a positive out of a negative.

edit on 12-6-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

huh??? puppet??? really. you dont think this other navy seal was making up lies just on his own do you??? Hopefully everything comes out

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join