It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura Gets Backing Of Former SEALs In Lawsuit Over “Punch” Hoax

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
i read parts of chris kyles sniper book.

he's definitely not mentally stable. i guess killing over 260 people does something, including women, to your brain.

you can definitely get a vibe that he hates "ragheads" but then he goes on to say that he's proud he's freeing them. wtf? he enjoys killing them to free them.

the book is definitely propaganda, an america version of russian vasily zaitsev. its like bush's speech writer wrote the book.

Which is why I don't buy that he killed nearly as many people as he proclaims. I live in an area filled with Spec Ops members but, I have yet to meet one who brags like this guys does. I've met some real douchebags, but generally they don't talk that much about what they do.

I think this guy's book is written to a certain demographic. It reads too much like old Solider of Fortune fiction pieces.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Chris Kyle is the quintessential Generation Y military man. He's walking around with this entitlement mentality in a fantasy land where he's king.

You cant believe anything he says. And even if believed nothing he's done is special in any way.

The way he parades himself around talking # about everyone you'd think he accomplished even a fraction of what snipers like Carlos Hathcock or Simo Hayha did.

Kyle is, by comparison, a loudmouthed pansy. Body count is worthless. Playing for high score without context is no measure. Kyles time was a luxury cruise compared to those who came before him.
edit on 12-6-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Jesus H. Christ who gives a # about who punched who?! It's the same god damn thing with people caring about what star gets married or divorced. As far as I can tell, ATS=MSM, just with a little spice.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69
Jesus H. Christ who gives a # about who punched who?! It's the same god damn thing with people caring about what star gets married or divorced. As far as I can tell, ATS=MSM, just with a little spice.

Really, this qualifies as MSM to you. Do me a favor and do a google search for all news outlets who are reporting on this lawsuit and come back posting your findings. You'll find a few articles about Jesse currently promoting his book but that's about it. Either way, to put Jesse Ventura in the same line of thought that is main stream.... really?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

But who cares about who punched who? How is this even worthy of being news? Do you really care about some bar fight?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Swills

But who cares about who punched who? How is this even worthy of being news? Do you really care about some bar fight?

It's not about the bar fight per se. There have been a zillion of them. The point is that Kyle & Co are out there bragging to the entire world that he decked Ventura. In print, if it's a lie, it's libel, which means it's actionable. He's promoting himself and making money off what apparently (I do not know.) is a lie, using a public figure to ridicule.

Do I care about some bar fight? No. If it really happened between SEALs, they'd get up, shake hands, and probably buy each other a beer. That would be the honorable thing to do. But instead, the claim is that this guy made up a lie about a public figure, in print, and yes, that is news.

If you want to read a good book by a SEAL who has some humility and simply tells it like it is, read SEAL Team Six. This guy does not have to brag.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
What a baby. It shows how much he cares about his name. Just another puppet on MAINSTREAM television.
edit on 11-6-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

Thank you for further proving my position that.....

There is ALWAYS one in every thread.....and usually within the first few posts.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Why do you care if someone is making money off a small time lie? This is not news. Not even close. This is just another one of those Kardashian stories that no one should care about.

Geez, 2 men get in a bar fight, and then one says he got decked, and the other one says he didn't. And now there suing one another. Do you people honestly give a # who sues who, or even makes money off some BS lie?

Are all of you this narrow minded?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
What a baby. It shows how much he cares about his name. Just another puppet on MAINSTREAM television.
edit on 11-6-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

I agree. It's not likely that anyone at a SEALs bar would have called the police if a couple of guys got into a fight.

No wonder there's no police report. Jesse was probably at the bar claiming that he was once a SEAL (he was actually part of a group that was later amalgamated into SEALs but never saw combat and was never actually a SEAL) and someone got annoyed and punched him out.
edit on 12-6-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Swills

How familiar with this story are you? Also, I would barely call this news. Alex Jones is reporting but last I checked that was about it.

As far as Ventura is concerned, Kyle made up this entire event. The only time this story came out was from Kyles lips on his book tour of being the self described #1 sniper evar.... I believe it all began on the Opie and Anthony radio show and later onto others where Kyle describes knocking Ventura down saying the cops saw him so he ran away. Of course if this happened Ventura would get a police report done if the cops were there and saw the whole thing. Hell, did the police go after Kyle? Has anyone ever asked him that question?

This should help explain to an earlier poster why Ventura asked wheres the police report? Kyle is burying himself.

Opie and Anthony show | Navy Seal Sharpshooter Chris Kyle Punched Jesse Ventura

Bill O'Reilly show | Chris Kyle Knockout Jesse Ventura

edit on 12-6-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Chris is a big man punching a guy 23 years older than him that has joint problems and many other health issues...hehe

Not something I would brag about if it was true.

BTW a good friend of mine was an Army sniper whose job was to routinely go out on missions just like Chris. He and his partner even got left alone in enemy controlled territory with all support pulled out. They had to kill their way back to a safe zone on foot.

The funny part is he never talks about it and no one knows anything other than he was in the Army

edit on 12-6-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Do they not have something better to fight about!!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

Why are you here even bothering to post? Some people feel that when someone is apparently being railroaded, something should be said... You asked your question, it was answered... Now move on.

In case you are wondering what is going on here... Chris Kyle claims to have punched out Jesse Ventura because, Kyle states that Ventura made a derogatory remark about dead American soldiers. This incident occurred in 2006... Kyle has only recently came out with this story... Ventura denies it ever happened as does the owner of the bar... Kyle claims the cops were called so he got out of there... There is no Police report... Kyle is promoting a book... Venturas Political views are not popular among TPB...

Of course people are going to talk about it... This isn't just any ordinary bar fight... Both are celebrities... Get a grip man... If you don't like it... Move on... There are plenty of other threads out there...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

reply to post by Swills

It's not about the bar fight per se. There have been a zillion of them. The point is that Kyle & Co are out there bragging to the entire world that he decked Ventura. In print, if it's a lie, it's libel, which means it's actionable. He's promoting himself and making money off what apparently (I do not know.) is a lie, using a public figure to ridicule.

It is only liable if Ventura can prove that it was damaging to Ventura. I think he will have a hard time winning this case.
edit on 12-6-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
reply to post by Nucleardiver

So why is Ventura giving him free publicity with this lawsuit?

He is going to be getting negative publicity and if Jesse wins I am sure he will pay big time for his slander amd take away from his credibility of his war stories.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Good for Jesse! He tried everything he could to give the guy an honorable out, but he continues to lie. Those videos of him making this up on the spot and then continuing to tell the lie are a great piece of training in spotting a pathological liar. I knew it when I first saw them and I'm glad that Jesse is going to go ahead and be vindicated in this. What a scumbag this Chris Kyle is. I hope his wife realizes how mentally unstable he is, she's in constant danger from him. Basically, he's a trained serial killer, now let loose on the American public, half of whom thinks he's some kind of hero, and the other half realizing that he was over there in an illegal war, killing people for fun and pretending they were 'insurgents'. I wonder how many innocent people he blew away, and how many were called 'insurgents' after the fact, when perhaps they were only defending their own country on their own land?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

reply to post by Swills

Actually it is. The claim by Kyle is that Ventura said something "unAmerican" or something along those lines at someone's wake. (Something anti-war or other sentiment).

To be honest, it looked like a way to slander Ventura's credibility while getting attention for his book.

I never believed a word Kyle said in all the interviews I watched of him. He might have publicity now, but a second book is probably not going to do well in the future....

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

It is only liable if Ventura can prove that it was damaging to Ventura. I think he will have a hard time winning this case.

To be fair, he was a professional wrestler at one point. If he so much as sells a dollar in merchandise in one year I think a case could be made that it is damaging to the perception his wrestling fans have of him, and because of that... also his bottom line.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Of course saying you decked somebody for slandering a dead soldier (the purported reason Kyle gave for slugging Ventura) is actionable if it didn't happen. The thing is, it's actionable if it DID happen. As Ventura said at the time this lie came out, the guy admitted on tape of assault and battery. He was given the chance to retract it, say he made it all up and go away quietly but his ego wouldn't let him. Now it will be a matter of Ventura proving that it was a lie (not many friends of this Kyle character are going to be willing to lie for him under oath in the deposition process) and if it DID happen, well, there's the assault and battery charge to consider. This moron has backed himself into a huge legal corner in either event.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by Furbs

To be fair, he was a professional wrestler at one point. If he so much as sells a dollar in merchandise in one year I think a case could be made that it is damaging to the perception his wrestling fans have of him, and because of that... also his bottom line.

Anyone that remembers Jesse "The Body" Ventura is aware of what a cowardly glass jaw that character was. It isn't about providing evidence of the 'potential' for damage, but 'actual' damage. Libel is tricky and isn't easy to win. My guess is that this will settle out of court for an undisclosed amount of money. Both parties will agree to a gag order, and neither party will be able to discuss the alleged incident without fear of breaking the order and incurring monetary penalties.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join