It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura Gets Backing Of Former SEALs In Lawsuit Over “Punch” Hoax

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
Of course saying you decked somebody for slandering a dead soldier (the purported reason Kyle gave for slugging Ventura) is actionable if it didn't happen. The thing is, it's actionable if it DID happen. As Ventura said at the time this lie came out, the guy admitted on tape of assault and battery. He was given the chance to retract it, say he made it all up and go away quietly but his ego wouldn't let him. Now it will be a matter of Ventura proving that it was a lie (not many friends of this Kyle character are going to be willing to lie for him under oath in the deposition process) and if it DID happen, well, there's the assault and battery charge to consider. This moron has backed himself into a huge legal corner in either event.

No he hasn't.

Jesse Ventura contends that it didn't happen. If he loses the libel case, reverses his position, and tries to sue for assault, he could be found guilty of perjury during the libel case.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69
reply to post by schuyler

Why do you care if someone is making money off a small time lie? This is not news. Not even close. This is just another one of those Kardashian stories that no one should care about.

Are all of you this narrow minded?

Why do you care if I care? You can go off and complain about TPTB or that ATS=MSM if you want. Please allow other people to discuss what interests them. I don't think we are the ones who are narrow minded here.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 001ggg100

Get a grip?! Who the # cares about a bar fight between two celebs! You prove my point EXACTLY. This is exactly the same as Kim Kardishian getting in a fight with her sister. Two celebrities get in a fight, why do you give a #? How does that effect you? Why do you care about people personal lives?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

You're missing the point entirely, again & again. According to Ventura there was no bar fight & Kyle lied about all of it his to sell his book. The man goes on national TV and radio shows and flat out lies about Ventura while putting him in a very, very negative light. The guy Kyle describes is NOT the Ventura we know. It's complete character defamation & you can be sued for it in a court of law. Secondly, Ventura is barely a celebrity & Kyle is NOT a celebrity so to compare this case to being the same as the Kardashin sisters actually getting drunk and fighting each other in a bar is ridiculous. So stop with the analogies because they're horrible. Move on dude, you're wrong and for someone who claims to not care about these things you sure are spending a lot of time in this thread. I hate to break it to you but just because you don't care doesn't mean the world has to follow in your footsteps
. Get over yourself please.

edit on 13-6-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Originally posted by Infi8nity
What a baby. It shows how much he cares about his name. Just another puppet on MAINSTREAM television.
edit on 11-6-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

I agree. It's not likely that anyone at a SEALs bar would have called the police if a couple of guys got into a fight.

No wonder there's no police report. Jesse was probably at the bar claiming that he was once a SEAL (he was actually part of a group that was later amalgamated into SEALs but never saw combat and was never actually a SEAL) and someone got annoyed and punched him out.
edit on 12-6-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

I posted 2 videos on page 3 of just 2 of Chris Kyles interviews, the Bill O'Reilly Show and the Opie and Anthony show. In both interviews Chris Kyle said that police were in the bar and saw him deck Ventura and that's why he ran away (coughBScough). This is why Ventura asks where is the police report? Surely there would be a police report if they witnessed the act, but even if it did go down this way Ventura would have pressed charges right then and there. So don't agree with that poster please, he's wrong and doesn't know much about this story & neither do you so come in and learn.

Also in this thread you'll learn that Jesse is in FACT a SEAL.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by Kang69
reply to post by Swills

But who cares about who punched who? How is this even worthy of being news? Do you really care about some bar fight?

It's not about the bar fight per se. There have been a zillion of them. The point is that Kyle & Co are out there bragging to the entire world that he decked Ventura. In print, if it's a lie, it's libel, which means it's actionable. He's promoting himself and making money off what apparently (I do not know.) is a lie, using a public figure to ridicule.

It is only liable if Ventura can prove that it was damaging to Ventura. I think he will have a hard time winning this case.
edit on 12-6-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

You don't think the judge will be easily swayed into thinking he suffered damages if it is proven Kyle is lying about the whole thing? Once they can prove that then all they have to do is play any interview Chris Kyle gave for the judge. There's no way Kyle is getting out of this. He went on national tv and radio because he wrote a book, and that book is where this lie was born.

Who in their right mind thinks that it's okay for someone to do that? Ventura is a public figure and any public figure, politician or actor or whatever, can and would do the same.

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by Furbs

It is only liable if Ventura can prove that it was damaging to Ventura. I think he will have a hard time winning this case.

To be fair, he was a professional wrestler at one point. If he so much as sells a dollar in merchandise in one year I think a case could be made that it is damaging to the perception his wrestling fans have of him, and because of that... also his bottom line.

Anyone that remembers Jesse "The Body" Ventura is aware of what a cowardly glass jaw that character was. It isn't about providing evidence of the 'potential' for damage, but 'actual' damage. Libel is tricky and isn't easy to win. My guess is that this will settle out of court for an undisclosed amount of money. Both parties will agree to a gag order, and neither party will be able to discuss the alleged incident without fear of breaking the order and incurring monetary penalties.

You must not be familiar with Jesse Ventura if you think he is going to settle out of court and agree to a gag order
. It is true a lot of people do follow that route, especially the guilty ones, but I'm siding with Ventura 100% and I know he'll do everything in his power to clear his name while getting justice, and what you assume will happen is not justice.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Chris is a big man punching a guy 23 years older than him that has joint problems and many other health issues...hehe

Not something I would brag about if it was true.

BTW a good friend of mine was an Army sniper whose job was to routinely go out on missions just like Chris. He and his partner even got left alone in enemy controlled territory with all support pulled out. They had to kill their way back to a safe zone on foot.

The funny part is he never talks about it and no one knows anything other than he was in the Army

edit on 12-6-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

Most of us don't brag about what we've done, we don't see it as a bragging right, it was our duty. The fact that a person makes a SOG is enough to show a persons character and discipline. I was in SWG for nearly 16 years primarily as a SWCC operator and was a sniper element to my team. I rarely even disclose what I did in the Navy, my children didn't know what I did until several years ago when one of them found some of my service items and commendations in a cedar chest while looking for something.

Its the ones that brag that amaze me, I'm not loud of the lives I took yet I'm proud that I was able to serve my country and do some truly awesome things while active. Anyone who brags or thinks its "cool" that they took a life even in combat is seriously deranged and trying to make up for their own insecurities.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This is a joke! I am very disappointed about how the Seals are being portrayed in the media, and the conduct of some of their former members. They need to step back into the shadows. Writing books, showboating, and bragging. It is really ridiculous!

Most of the spec ops community are tight-lipped about their training, and service. I did not think it was very appropriate when the President put their business out there with that Bin Laden raid from last year. These guys are the best because the enemy never sees them coming. Secrecy is their biggest strength.

As for this tit for tat garbage? Typical tabloid BS. Mr. Ventura should just walk away and ignore this nonsense. This is a non-issue. Ventura has nothing to defend, and his service record speaks for itself. Why give this other Seal, Chris Kyle, more publicity? Ventura could make a quick statement refuting his claims, and just move on. Just my opinion.
edit on 13-6-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

True that. Anyone involved in Spec Ops usually is tight lipped about it because it comes with the territory. Jesse was basically ordered by his fellow SEALS, one of them being the owner of the bar where the incident in question happened, to pursue this lawsuit
. So while this is about Jesse getting justice done, just know that according to him he gave Kyle every chance in the world to clear the air but Kyle refused the offer and off to court they go. So it was his fellow SEALS who did a investigation of their own to find out the truth and when they did they urged Jesse to go through with the lawsuit.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Here's Jesse on the Alex Jones show on the phone talking about this lawsuit. I cannot find any other news outlet reporting on this, so for the few in here who think this is news I'm here to remind you this is NOT news, but it is news to us.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

That's right buddy, "get a grip"... You seem to be the only one here that's getting worked up over this. I actually agree with you. I personally don't care about this situation, but you don't see me coming here flaming people who actually do care. You seriously need to grow up and learn when to speak your mind and then move on... Starting to sound like your just here to cause @%#&.... We have a word for people like that....

TROLL

Why don't you start your own thread about this very thing... You will find me and many like me who agree with you... Until then... Say your piece ( which you did ) then move along....

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Ordered by his fellow Seals? Who made the order? I saw a name, but no attribution to that name whatsoever. I read the Info Wars article, but I did not see any quotes by some of the former Seals or even the tavern owner. It seems to be a bunch of rambling by an Alex Jones regular, Paul Joseph Watson. Now it had a court petition and a Fox News source.

If these guys are backing up Mr. Ventura as is stipulated in the article? Why have they not made a public statement on his behalf to Info Wars or whatever media source? I just think this is a non issue. It stinks of tabloid news one would read in the National Inquirer or TMZ. Mr. Ventura should just ignore all of it. If people are doubting his candor? Tell the media to find a police report. The local police department would have information if it occurred off base, and if it occurred on base the Navy would be able to comment on it. Problem solved. It seems someone is out for attention with this one, and maybe both parties are guilty of it? Now, that is a conspiracy. Thanks for the reply!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

The owner of the bar is Ventura's BUDS Instructor Terry Moy and he did an investigation on his own and came with more evidence for Ventura to help pursue the case and told Ventura to go get him. Ventura says to this day if Terry Moy tells him to do something he'll probably do it. All of this information is coming from Jesse Ventura. The old timer SEALs, his generation, are on his side. I dunno how many of the newer generations of SEALs Jesse knows, especially Kyles generation, so we dunno whose side they're on, and that's because no one is asking them. Stop blaming Alex Jones, who didn't write the article, or his writer and just realize this info is all coming from Jesse at the moment and as far as I can see only Inforwars is reporting on this. I wonder if Jones will plan on trying to get Chris Kyle on his show for an interview? It would make for good radio and I would love to hear what Kyle has to continue to say about this.

But he should leave it alone? He has every legal right to sue and has a strong case. Ventura didn't ask for any of this and the things that were said do hurt his character. I'm pretty sure most of us are aware that most people don't know the full story, reading headlines and not looking things up for themselves, and from this most people will form an very uninformed opinion about someone. There are examples of posters in this thread that don't know much about this story. Ventura's character/public image is already hurt by this, whether it bothers him or not it's true.

Ventura is also thinking about suing NewsCorp for their involvement with Chris Kyle and I guess other falsely written articles about him, but he was short on the details.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Jesse Ventura will most likely cry and whine just like he did when his case against the TSA was thrown out of court because he filed it in the wrong venue.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Swills

Jesse Ventura will most likely cry and whine just like he did when his case against the TSA was thrown out of court because he filed it in the wrong venue.

Cry and whine? We all have our perceptions and many of them are one side. I don't really follow much of Jesse and if I did it wouldn't matter but there wouldn't be much to follow. He's in Mexico at least half the year and when he's in the states he only comes on a show if he's promoting his books or show so there's really not much to follow. The only time I hear him in an interview is when he's on the Howard Stern show and he's great on that show. I remember Howard asking Ventura about the case but none of us got the impression Jesse was crying AND whining. Can you please provide these sources of said crying and whining so we may judge for ourselves? Thanks.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

That is great that Jessie Ventura says he support from his fellow Seals. However, why has Terry Moy not made a public statement highlighting what happened or what did not happen at his establishment? If Chris Kyle is lying? Why doesn't the bar owner set the record straight once and for all? A fight in his establishment is not only bad for his business, but bad for the Navy Seal's reputation as well. That is all I am saying. Not one quote from a potential witness, the tavern owner, or even an official statement from a law enforcement agency?

Alex Jones has a tendency to blow things out of proportion, sensationalize, and bend the truth. At least as I follow him. I have relegated Alex Jones to mere entertainment, and I do listen to his radio program from time to time. However, I view his reporting and analysis with a glass half-filled approach. As for the article cited in the OP? I did not say Alex wrote the article, but I did say Paul Joseph Watson. He is a regular contributor to "Info Wars," and is practically a staffer. His news stories are all over the site, and he is a frequent guest on the radio program. This whole melodrama does not make any sense to me. It seems like a celebrity feud, and not how Special Forces operators would conduct themselves in pubic.

Jessie should just ignore it as he sips margaritas in Mexico. Why engage in this unsubstantiated back and forth? Libel and defamation cases are very difficult to prove and even win at in court. It will be more difficult for Jessie Ventura because he is a public figure. He has to prove that Kyle specifically set out to harm him whether it be financial, professional, or both. Hard to prove. There is significant case history on the subject, and rulings by the Supreme Court. Jessie Ventura does not have to defend anything or prove anything, and suing over it will be a waste of time and treasure. Here is a video of Alex Jones and Chris Kyle exchanging words on the Opie and Anthony Show.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

I dunno why you care so much if Terry Moy comes out to the press or not. FIrst of all, the press isn't even covering this story so chances are they don't give a hoot what Terry Moy has to say, at the moment. But either way, what does it matter if he makes a statement or not? Do you not think Moy is in Ventura's corner or something? Do you need a public statement from him to prove something to you? Moy is probably going to be a witness in Ventura's case and the jury will decide on what they'll do. Moy was probably there that night with Ventura and a bunch of the old timer SEALs, and chances are they'll be testifying too. Do you need them to also come out and make a statement to a news outlet who isn't looking for them?

And yes, I reread your post and saw you talked about Jones not writing that article but his writer did. I made edits to reflect that but you beat me to it. I haven't heard that interview yet you posted, the Jones vs Kyle on the Opie and Anthony show but I wanted too. Gracias

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

reply to post by Swills

Cry and whine? We all have our perceptions and many of them are one side. I don't really follow much of Jesse and if I did it wouldn't matter but there wouldn't be much to follow. He's in Mexico at least half the year and when he's in the states he only comes on a show if he's promoting his books or show so there's really not much to follow. The only time I hear him in an interview is when he's on the Howard Stern show and he's great on that show. I remember Howard asking Ventura about the case but none of us got the impression Jesse was crying AND whining. Can you please provide these sources of said crying and whining so we may judge for ourselves? Thanks.

Ventura received a titanium hip replacement in 2008 and afterward set off airport metal detectors. Instead of being screened by a noninvasive hand-held wand as he was before the implant, he was instead subjected to a pat down that "exposed him to humiliation and degradation through unwanted touching, gripping and rubbing of the intimate areas of his body," he said.

The lawsuit was eventually thrown out by a federal district judge in St. Paul, Minn., who ruled it should have been filed in a circuit court of appeals. The decision prompted the always colorful Ventura to vow to "never stand for a national anthem again," he said. "I will turn my back and I will raise a fist."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Sounds like whining to me.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Or a man who is disgusted with the current establishment, meaning anything Federal Gov't. He is definitely not happy with our Gov't, which is obvious from listening to him talk politics. So do you feel he is crying about the whole TSA issue or just the issue of his case being thrown out of court or just that last part "never stand for a national anthem again," he said. "I will turn my back and I will raise a fist" or all of it? Watching the video on the link I didn't get the impression Ventura is whining or crying.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

He didn't refile his lawsuit as the judge recommended, and instead decided to make fists, turn his back, and stop flying.

Full disclosure.

My wife had a run in with Jesse Ventura when he was running for Governor of Minnesota, and she was in of the Student Senate at one of the State Universities. In a rather heated exchange, about his position of Student Funding, the former Navy SEAL [sic] pointed his finger down at her and yelled "I'm not done talking to you" in her face to which she replied "Get you big fat wrestler's finger out of my face".

Yeah, Jesse, if you are reading this, please try to sue me for defamation, the whole thing was recorded and is a matter of school record.

Also during that bit of awesome, he made his opinion known that if you are smart enough to get to college, you are smart enough to pay for it. A woman there asked him about her being a single parent, to which Mr. Classy smugly replied, “I don’t want to sound hard-core, but why did you become a single parent? Is it government’s job to make up for someone’s mistakes?" Little did he know the woman was a widow, her husband having been murdered in the crossfire of gang violence.

And -that- was actually reported on by the media before he was elected Governor.

So, maybe my perspective of Jesse Ventura is a little skewed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join