It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura Gets Backing Of Former SEALs In Lawsuit Over “Punch” Hoax

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

He didn't refile the lawsuit? I guess he gave up. Great story, yeah I'd say you perception is skewed lol

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Widow's get survivor's benefits and so do their children; unless perhaps the victim of the 'crossfire in gang violence' was too busy being in a gang to actually qualify for any SS benefits himself...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by fairguy

Originally posted by Infi8nity
What a baby. It shows how much he cares about his name. Just another puppet on MAINSTREAM television.
edit on 11-6-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

Why? Because he wants to clear his name of something he was falsely accused of?
Many people would take your route, forget about it and simply let "them" win.

I don't agree with everything he says but you have to admire a man who speaks his mind so passionately.

I applaud Jesse for this.

Don't worry Fairguy. I beat the # out of infi8nity at a bar about six years ago so it's cool and already taken care of

edit on 17-6-2012 by swoopaloop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
reply to post by Furbs

Widow's get survivor's benefits and so do their children; unless perhaps the victim of the 'crossfire in gang violence' was too busy being in a gang to actually qualify for any SS benefits himself...

Actually, he was former navy. She -did- get survivor's benefits, but that isn't enough to pay for college, hence why she needed more help.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Also in this thread you'll learn that Jesse is in FACT a SEAL.

Well that is where you are wrong,because in fact his brother was a seal and Jesse(whose real name is Jim Janos) was never a seal.

In fact here is a few things that I found interesting about Mr.Ventura.

Then there's your UDT buddy, Gary "Bones" Bonnelli, who was one of a very few UDT 12 frogmen stationed in Nam, at a place near the Nam Can Forest called Solid Anchor. Bonnelli says you weren't in Nam with him, but that you were floating around the South China Sea on a ship with the Amphibious Ready Group, making ports of call in such high-threat areas as Hong Kong, Singapore, and Bangkok.

And there is also this

And sure enough, when I read your old CO's Cruise Book I saw Bonnelli and others listed as having been in 'Nam, but all I found about you was that you'd played on the UDT 12 basketball team in the Philippines, at the naval station in Subic Bay

cursor.org...

And then we have this where he openly says he was a Navy Seal when in fact he was in UDT-12 and never a Navy Seal.

So he is blatantly telling a lie. Before I forget the UDT was rolled into the Seals in 1983 so that shows he was never a Seal.Also from what his CO and others say he didn't even see combat in Viet Nam.

But that is only coming from those who were there and knew him.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

So you agree that Ventura went through BUDS training and was apart of UDT during the war. Now are you saying he never served in Vietnam during his career but was stationed elsewhere throughout the world? The only thing you can find about his actual military career is a mention of him being apart of a basketball team in the Philippines?

We do agree that UDT members now refer to themselves as SEALs right, or is it only Jesse (or James) who is an UDT who calls himself a SEAL? You and will just have to disagree because in my eyes Jesse earns the title of SEAL even though his was UDT and was separated from the military in the early 80s when UDT and SEALS merged. Rates merge in the military, it happened to mine.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I am ignorant of the SEAL vs. UDT debate, nor do I feel it is relevant to this thread, so I apologize for going offtopic.. but I have a question.

When the UDT rolled into the SEAL program, did training requirements for UDT change in any significant way? If it was simply a name change, I don't really see the problem, but if the program changed and required more training once it became a part of the SEAL program, I can see the problem... not that I think it matters.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

No worries, anytime Ventura is discussed on the internet people always barge in with their "he's not a real SEAL" argument, and the debate begins. As far as training requirements, all SEAL's and UDT had to endure the same training, the first training, BUDS (Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL). Once BUDS is completed you move onto to other fields of training.

www.navyseals.com...

BUD/S is a 6-month SEAL training course held at the Naval Special Warfare Training Center in Coronado, CA. You’ll start with five weeks Indoctrination and Pre-Training as part of a Navy SEAL Class, then go through the Three Phases of BUD/S. First Phase is the toughest. It consists of 8 weeks of Basic Conditioning that peaks with a grueling segment called “Hell Week” at the midway point, where you’ll be tested to your limits.

These determined men will proceed on to Second Phase (8 weeks of Diving) and Third Phase (9 weeks of Land Warfare). Most men who have succeeded in Hell Week make it through these phases. If not, it’s usually due to academic issues (e.g., dive physics) in the Dive Phase, or weapons and demolitions safety/competency issues in the Land Warfare (weapons and tactics) Phase. After BUDS is completed, trainees go through 3 weeks of Basic Parachute Training.

That's what BUDS has evolved to today. When Ventura went through BUDS in 1969 it was only 18 weeks (about 4 months) long. But lets look at what UDT was,

en.wikipedia.org...

The Underwater Demolition Teams (UDT) were an elite special-purpose force established by the United States Navy during World War II. They also served during the Korean War and the Vietnam War. Their primary function was to reconnoiter and destroy enemy defensive obstacles on beaches prior to amphibious landings.

The UDTs reconnoitered beaches and the waters just offshore, locating reefs, rocks, and shoals that would interfere with landing craft. They also used explosives to demolish underwater obstacles planted by the enemy. As the U.S. Navy's elite combat swimmers, they were employed to breach the cables and nets protecting enemy harbors, plant limpet mines on enemy ships, and locate and mark mines for clearing by minesweepers. They also conducted river surveys and foreign military training.

The UDTs pioneered combat swimming, closed-circuit diving, underwater demolitions, and midget submarine (dry and wet submersible) operations. They were the precursor to the present-day United States Navy SEALs.[1]

In 1983, the UDTs were re-designated as SEAL Teams or Swimmer Delivery Vehicle Teams (SDVTs). SDVTs have since been re-designated SEAL Delivery Vehicle Teams.[2]

Birth of Navy SEALs

In the mid-1950s, the Navy saw how the UDT's mission had expanded to a broad range of "unconventional warfare", but also that this clashed with the UDT's traditional focus on swimming and diving operations. It was therefore decided to create a new type of unit that would build on the UDT's elite qualities and water-borne expertise, but would add land combat skills, including parachute training and guerrilla/counterinsurgency operations.

These new teams would eventually replace the UDTs. The new force was the United States Navy SEALs. (SEAL for their ability to operate by "Sea-Air-Land".) However, implementation of this program lagged.[15]

Then President John F. Kennedy took office. Kennedy recognized the need for unconventional warfare, and supported the use of special operations forces against guerrilla activity. The Navy moved to establish its role in special operations. In January 1962, SEAL Team One was commissioned. The SEALs expanded their numbers and roles through the 1960s and 1970s.

Basically, UDT and SEAL's always went hand in hand.

edit on 17-6-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Thanks for the information. I will keep my judgement on it to myself because of my bias against Ventura.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join