It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his Daughter: (Stand Your Ground will win-again)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

SHINER - Residents of this small Lavaca County town voiced support Sunday for a man involved in a homicide along County Road 302 near Shiner.

Sheriff Micah Harmon said deputies were called about 3:45 p.m. Saturday after a father witnessed a 47-year-old Gonzales man molesting his 4-year-old daughter in a detached barn. Harmon said the father attempted to stop the man from sexually assaulting his daughter and physically struck him on the head several times, killing him. It is unknown how the men were acquainted.

The Gonzales man was declared dead at the scene by Alene Lyons, Lavaca County Justice of the Peace, Precinct 4.
...more...
www.victoriaadvocate.com...

I get a copy of the Hallettsville paper (Lavaca county seat) that is published on Wednesdays. I'll see if more info is available when it arrives. It will most likely have the same info as the Shiner paper.

If the man was actually assaulting the child then there is a very good chance his actions were within the law.

www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Umm, so I can just kill some acquaintance and claim that I caught him abusing my child?

Sheesh, why didn't you say so?! I can't wait to start beating people's heads in!

Oh wait ... I live in Kentucky. A common-wealth state where you're not only guaranteed due-process, but also that the state will take up charges when there is no one else to press them.

Yup. In Kentucky you get to stand trial ... no matter your story.

I'm not saying that the person wasn't abusing the little girl. He probably was. But, we have laws in this country for a reason. If there were not witness to testify that the man was abusing the girl, the father should stand trial and have to prove that he caught the person in the act.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

No arrests have yet been made in the case, but District Attorney Heather McMinn said in an email that she is aware of the investigation and has been in contact with Harmon about the case. "Once the sheriff's office finishes the investigation and presents it to our office, it will be reviewed and presented to grand jury," McMinn said. Harmon said he did not know whether charges would be filed, and the case remains under investigation.

www.victoriaadvocate.com...

The will be an investigation and most likely at grand jury, if not a trial.

The child was taken to a hospital so it seems there was evidence collected and her condition noted.
edit on 6/11/2012 by roadgravel because: addition

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Good.
I would of done the same thing.
No jury in the world would ever convict that guy.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
What type of reaction would you expect from either parent , catching a perp with their child, in the act ?

2nd.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
What I expect to see soon on here:

"They guy should have just punched him till he was unconscious then call the police, the guy is a murderer"

I say the father was ENTIRELY within his right and did the right thing. I just hope two things......

1. he gets no punishment
2. He didn't bust his hand up too much.

And that he wasn't lying.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I was going to ask where to send the check for the defense fund.

I was pleasantly surprised.

I was going to say, "Gee, I feel bad for the dead guy."

But I don't.

edit on 6/11/2012 by rtyfx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I didn't notice anyone mentioning something that I feel is important. People can die from being punched in the head.
In another thread, dealing with a case that was big in the news, many posters were saying that being punched in the head isn't really a big deal. Some said the guy deserved a beating and should have taken his lumps instead of shooting his attacker.

In this Texas case, I am glad to see that the father proved that a few punches in the head can be fatal. I would have done the same thing he did.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by mwood
What I expect to see soon on here:

"They guy should have just punched him till he was unconscious then call the police, the guy is a murderer"

I say the father was ENTIRELY within his right and did the right thing. I just hope two things......

1. he gets no punishment
2. He didn't bust his hand up too much.

And that he wasn't lying.

Of course we hope that.
There isn't any reason to believe he is lying, from what we have been told. Sometimes a story is just what it is and nothing more.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Father shoulda left the guy brain dead paralyzed instead of dead. Part of me feels bad for any loss of life.. But ima fix that real quick.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Not enough information but....

Look at all the posters jumping to conclusion "omg a little girl, omg a molester, omg hero father, kill the bad guy"..

It could be, Dead man + Father > argue, argue elevates > fight breaks out > father uses excess force, accidentally kills him > uses daughter and molestation as cover?

wow, you guys are easy to manipulate.

As much as I agree that if a molester is caught abusing a child and is subsequently killed by the child's family, then the family should not be punished further (which might also make pedo's think twice before they succumb to their lifestyle choice) I do think this is very open to abuse by a murderer using it as cover. I guess a thorough investigation into the incident would be necessary to determine which scenario took place before the murder.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I'm a peaceful person, but if I ever walked in on someone molesting my daughter, I would reign blows on him until he was a bloody mess, and working with my hands for a living doing blue collar work and lots of heavy lifting, I would have zero problem crushing the dudes skull

and if they dare press charges on the father, I hope the locals burn the courthouse down

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

They did a rape kit on the girl. They wouldn't have done it without cause. She's four years old.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Most of what I was going to say has already been posted.

Couple of things.

The medical exam/treatment on the little girl has likely confirmed at least on a surface level, the story, That's why they sherriff hasn't and probably won't charge him

It's Texas, the sherriff won't press charges
. Probably said, " atta boy!" to the guy.

I don't know how many hits are "multiple" is but a single strike to the head can actually kill a person. I hold a blue belt in Bushido-Ki Karate and the right strike, applied with the right force on the right location (whether intentional or pure luck) could in fact have killed the man. Ceratainly he was in his right to use force to stop the man, and two or three strikes could easily be lined up as the nesecary force to stop the man.

Give the guy a medal.

In Texas, you could pretty much guarantee losing the next district attorney and sheriff's election if you did file charges on the father, or as someone above said, have your courthouse burned down by the locals.
edit on 11-6-2012 by SrWingCommander because: additional comment

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Have better sense than to say he needed to die if you ever find yourself in this terrible position. That is all I am saying.

If I am ever in the postion of catching some one in the act of sexually molesting a 4 year old, I can guarantee, beyond a shadow of a doubt, there will be death for the person doing it.

ETA: after reading an additional post, I see that you mean in terms of defense on my own account. Sorry I didn't see that was what you were saying. Yes, I can see where it would be important for the father to show remorse and not state the things I have stated for his own safety and freedom.
edit on 11-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I recommend everyone look up the homicide laws in your state. You have to meet the criteria specified in those statutes in order to be charged with any one of them.

All I'm saying is educate yourself. You may be in this man's shoes some day.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

and if they dare press charges on the father, I hope the locals burn the courthouse down

A paper from the area noted that the talk in the town was that the actor was a good man and they supported him. I suspect most people will tend to feel he was justified.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx

I recommend everyone look up the homicide laws in your state. You have to meet the criteria specified in those statutes in order to be charged with any one of them.

All I'm saying is educate yourself. You may be in this man's shoes some day.

Another poster up above already posted the laws for my state. There would be a trial....provided the police were ever called to begin with.....

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Remember, you must meet each element of each statute you are charged with or they cannot charge you under that statute.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx

Remember, you must meet each element of each statute you are charged with or they cannot charge you under that statute.

They also can't charge you if they have no idea there was a skirmish and cannot find a body.....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join