It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his Daughter: (Stand Your Ground will win-again)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

hmm, how is that a stand your ground situation at all? Did the perv start attacking the father? Cause, he's on their property molesting their daughter, I really don't think stand your ground would even apply to this.

I'm glad the father beat the man to death.

Back to stand your ground, which i still don't think applies....

there was a case not too long ago, maybe even posted here, about a man who shot and killed his neighbor over a noise complaint. The man taunted him and kept saying stuff like "stop approaching me, I fear for me life" clearly indicating that he felt comfortable murdering the man, because of the stand your ground law.

This is the issue one must accept with stand your ground. It's going to inflate people into thinking they can get away with things they wouldn't have otherwise.

Would that guy have murdered someone in their driveway over a noise complaint if not for stand your ground? In that case, it appears no, he was clearly recording stuff to act as a defense, showing me premeditation.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Yup I don't care who they are, If caught a person doing that to my daughter I'd do the same or worse, you'd have to pry me away and that wouldn't be to easy, rage filled people don't go down as easy

And if he's convected, shame on our system and all that participated should be hung

link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by luciddream

If I was in a position that had bearing over this father's fate or in deciding the facts of the case I would not be so quick to form an opinion. But considering the information we do have I have no problem in expressing the opinion I did.

We will wait and see but I have no place in my heart for those that prey on kids. If he did it, he got what was coming to him. If he didn't....then they sure are trying to discredit this man in the worst way.

Emotions cloud judgements.

Yes it can, but it can also propel us to make hard decisions that pure logic cannot comprehend. Like everything in life we need to have a good mix to balance out the equation.

Are you claiming that you do not have any emotions? If so, I would be calling you a liar.

edit on 11-6-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

I do have emotions, but i seen too many manipulative strategies used by media and other humans to just jump to conclusion with so little detail.

link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

Agreed. There should always be an investigation.
If the investigation reveals that the article's story is accurate and the man is telling the truth....then he should not be charged with anything.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Not a big lose. In fact, Id call it a positive; society has gained with the removal of such an evil individual from its confines.

I hope this sets a precedent for others who catch pedophiles at work

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
As a parent, if someone touches my son....well, it's been said.

This father should get a medal.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
There are few things that would get you into a killing rage, I can see that this is one those acts that could very easily raise a mans temper above and beyond a level where it remains controllable.
We are beings with issues, we should spend our lives never baiting others into acts of violence, attacking a four year old child in their own home, carries with it the risk of righteous intervention.

You make your own choices, punching a man to death, attacking a four year old child, both are wrongs, though, in attacking the child, no one made him do it, defending your child, especially a father looking out for a very young daughter, you should expect uncontrollable rage.
Would you walk up and slap a 1000pound gorilla with a baseball bat round the chops?, no?, maybe because if you did, you know your going to get your head caved in.
Similar primevel strengths, emotions, and motivations at work with a father defending his daughter in his own home.

Some people may have been able to call the police and let them deal with it, with such base instincts at work, not everyone would be able to contain themselves, and as such, if it is as cut and dried as it sounds, then the police have done the right thing.

I do wonder if the guy will live to regret what he did, our conscience can be a real bitch, even if you felt you were acting in good faith at the time, that still does not stop us regretting things, living with beating a man to death for the rest of your life, if this is normally not in your nature, could create some issues.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

This is not a stand your ground case...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serenity777
reply to post by anon72

This is not a stand your ground case...

Well, he was coming to the defense of another, but it was also in his own home and the "other" was his daughter. Definitely not a typical SYG case, but I think that is just semantics. If the prosecutor pressed charges it would still be an Affirmative Defense, so it would fall under the same guidelines as SYG.

In other words, he says "yes, I killed him, but I had to because..."

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I think this one falls under the defense of "he needed killing". There's not a jury in the world that would convict the father .... and if there's any way I could be on the jury, I would guarantee it!!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

How do we know it wasnt the father sexually abusing his daughter and he got caught?

Just murder the witness and claim self defence. After witnessing this i doubt she will ever try to tell anyone.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

I am a strong supporter of Chemical Castration.... Go ahead, start bashing that....

Anyway, WAY TO GO DAD!!!

In cases like this, I would be a strong supporter of a long and tedious castration...with no anesthetic.... using a dull spoon.... then kill him.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

This father acted the way any good father would in defending his family.
I would have done the same thing and wouldn't think twice about it either.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Not enough information but....

Look at all the posters jumping to conclusion "omg a little girl, omg a molester, omg hero father, kill the bad guy"..

It could be, Dead man + Father > argue, argue elevates > fight breaks out > father uses excess force, accidentally kills him > uses daughter and molestation as cover?

wow, you guys are easy to manipulate.

You do make a point that there needs to be an investigation. However, if the case, as reported, holds up, then I remain with my opinion that "he needed killing" and support the father 100%

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by anon72

hmm, how is that a stand your ground situation at all? Did the perv start attacking the father? Cause, he's on their property molesting their daughter, I really don't think stand your ground would even apply to this.

I'm glad the father beat the man to death.

Back to stand your ground, which i still don't think applies....

there was a case not too long ago, maybe even posted here, about a man who shot and killed his neighbor over a noise complaint. The man taunted him and kept saying stuff like "stop approaching me, I fear for me life" clearly indicating that he felt comfortable murdering the man, because of the stand your ground law.

This is the issue one must accept with stand your ground. It's going to inflate people into thinking they can get away with things they wouldn't have otherwise.

Would that guy have murdered someone in their driveway over a noise complaint if not for stand your ground? In that case, it appears no, he was clearly recording stuff to act as a defense, showing me premeditation.

The child was a minor and he was her father, so the stand your ground extends to protecting her.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by anon72

How do we know it wasnt the father sexually abusing his daughter and he got caught?

Just murder the witness and claim self defence. After witnessing this i doubt she will ever try to tell anyone.

With the police being the party that is quoted, they were involved and sounded confident in what happened. It was also a gathering of many people, not just the dad, the daughter and the dead man, so there were most likely witnesses involved.
With the investigation that should come from it, the truth will come out, but it does sound like they are reasonably confident in what happened.

Until I hear otherwise, if the story reported is accurate, the father has my blessing in killing the guy.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The Dad is going to have an uphill legal battle to prove his side of the story, but I have to give my greatest applause for his actions.

This little girl could be scarred from such a violent outcome more so than from the sexual assault, just hope she over comes it all and goes on to live a well balanced and happy life knowing she was and is protected to the fullest extent of possibility.

This family needs alot of prayer and support right now.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I feel that pedophilia is a medical issue since it is a sexual offense and sexual urges are created chemically in the body. The mental status of that human being needs strong evaluation as well as that persons physical status.

Pedophiles need help not death. Death is so extreme when it comes to issues where these people are obviously over whelmed by their sexual urges and can not control them selves. Its compulsory. Like kleptomaniacs or people who bite their finger nails. No matter how bad they mentally don't want to, they physically have no choice.

Its all mind over matter. I think the world should have a pedophile rehab.....

If that does not work I think the next best step would be to put them in cages with gorillas that have an extremely high sex drive..... Paybacks a bitch lol

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I would have ripped the guy apart like a newspaper, and would have gladly gone to prison for it. This is definitely a case of justifiable homicide. I'm glad the father didn't get charged with murder.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

The Dad is going to have an uphill legal battle to prove his side of the story, but I have to give my greatest applause for his actions.

Quite the opposite. Dead men tell no lies. First rule of gun safety! (But applies in all self-defense assaults I suppose.
)

From what the story says, no charges are pending for the father, he doesn't have to defend his actions at all so far. Even if he did have to defend them, the burden of proof would be on the state to prove the father was lying. With no other witnesses, only his side of the story gets told, and his side of the story paints him as a hero.
edit on 11-6-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join