It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his Daughter: (Stand Your Ground will win-again)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

You could not state that he needed killing, that would be taking the law into your own hands, Judge , Jury and executioner.

No this was not murder, this was an act of compassion to protect his daughter and most probably an accident that the man died during the beating.

It can not be premeditated or the Dad would have to be charged. Premeditated could be years or in this case seconds.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well the daughter is the one who they will need to question. The medical exams will speak for themselves as well as any DNA taken at the time of exam.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Justice is swift in the Lone Star State!

I would wish this dirt bag had more than one life because if that was my daughter I’d like to beat him to death TWICE!

Way to go, DAD!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Well the daughter is the one who they will need to question. The medical exams will speak for themselves as well as any DNA taken at the time of exam.

Daughter can't be questioned without a parent present, and since she is a victim also, and hard questioning could create extra harm to her, I'm sure they are not going to get anything useful against the father from a 4 year old victim, with her parent's sitting close at hand. Even if they did get something, 4 year olds are not reliable witnesses. No way they could hang the father on that alone.
edit on 11-6-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

You could not state that he needed killing, that would be taking the law into your own hands, Judge , Jury and executioner.

No this was not murder, this was an act of compassion to protect his daughter and most probably an accident that the man died during the beating.

It can not be premeditated or the Dad would have to be charged. Premeditated could be years or in this case seconds.

Sure I could, and I did... twice! And again, he needed killing! .... for this particular situation, I'm ok with being judge, jury and executioner. Unlike the father who didn't intentionally kill the guy, I would have done it with great attention and detail and wouldn't stop until well after he was as dead as a doornail.
When it comes to protecting children, that's my breaking point and I will do whatever damage needs to be done to ensure that no other child would ever go through that at his hands again.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light
I feel that pedophilia is a medical issue since it is a sexual offense and sexual urges are created chemically in the body. The mental status of that human being needs strong evaluation as well as that persons physical status.

Pedophiles need help not death. Death is so extreme when it comes to issues where these people are obviously over whelmed by their sexual urges and can not control them selves. Its compulsory. Like kleptomaniacs or people who bite their finger nails. No matter how bad they mentally don't want to, they physically have no choice.

Its all mind over matter. I think the world should have a pedophile rehab.....

If that does not work I think the next best step would be to put them in cages with gorillas that have an extremely high sex drive..... Paybacks a bitch lol

None of this matters. And the people who are whining about "emotional, kneejerk reactions" probably don't have kids. Sure, it could have been a made up story, and if evidence comes out to support that theory I'll mourn the loss of an innocent man. But right now there is only speculation to back up that claim, and the media and sheriff's department are reporting the man's testimony and that's all we have to work with.

Pedophiles aren't going to get fixed. There already are "pedorehabs" out there and the rate of repeat offense is appalling. I don't believe in state-sponsored death, but I do believe in swift and immediate justice when you witness a violent, sexual attack.

I don't believe it's "physically impossible" for them to stop. They have an urge, and they justify acting on it within their own minds.. It's not a physical necessity, it's a complete disregard for the damage they would inflict on another so they can get their rocks off. Nothing more.

If I saw someone molesting my child I would pop him in the head. If I saw a man raping a woman on the street I would pop him in the head. If I couldn't get a clean shot I'd give him a nice sucker punch - and I can't guarantee it would stop there.

You get the idea.. I would just STOP the situation, and let whatever lies beyond sort this person out.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

We will wait and see but I have no place in my heart for those that prey on kids. If he did it, he got what was coming to him. If he didn't....then they sure are trying to discredit this man in the worst way.

The justice system has a way of letting this kind of thing slide because …. well…. because it should!

I remember a case back in 83’ when a father killed a man who kidnapped and raped his son. He shot the guy in the head in front of police before the guy could stand trial. This was clearly premeditated yet he pleaded to manslaughter and got off with only 5 years probation.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

TextWell, for me. GOOD RIDDENCE you sick bas...d! One thing for sure. That sicko won't be preying on any other innocent vicitms. Regardless if this was the first or last one.
reply to post by anon72

With those filthy diseases their is never a last time and they rarely if ever get caught on the first time , if any left wing liberals defend this scumbag you are not much better than him. I say good for the father the that man a cigar.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Hopefully in this case it would be done to help keep the father free. A minimal of questioning would suffice.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
From the CNN article:

(CNN) -- A Texas father caught a man sexually assaulting his 4-year-old daughter and punched him in the head repeatedly, killing him, authorities said.

The father was casually acquainted with the alleged abuser, said Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon. Neither has been publicly identified. The girl was left inside the family's house during the social gathering, while other members of her family were tending to horses, the sheriff said.

The alleged abuser was known for his horse-grooming abilities, Harmon said. The father returned to the house, caught the man in the act, and stopped him by striking him in the head several times, Harmon said.

The man was pronounced dead on the scene, while the daughter was taken to a local hospital in Victoria, Texas, for examinations before being released.

The incident took place Saturday. Harmon described the girl as "OK besides the obvious mental trauma."

Asked whether they would press charges against the father, the sheriff responded, "You have a right to defend your daughter. He acted in defense of his third person.

Once the investigation is completed we will submit it to the district attorney who then submits it to the grand jury, who will decide if they will indict him."

Harmon described the dad as "very remorseful," adding that he didn't know the man was going to die.

Authorities were withholding the deceased man's name while they notified next of kin. Officials did not know immediately if he has a prior criminal history.

Now I admit all of my prior posts were made based on the OP and other posts after that. I see that all the ducks are in a row now that I have read the full article and stand by all my posts.

It is a tragic situation and hopefully it will be resolved without having to go to court. Like I said before I hope the little girl goes on to live a full and happy, well grounded life.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This is an interesting case that sends me in many different directions. I have a 9yo and a 4yo both girls and a 2yo boy. Putting myself into that position(as I have through imagination, being a fearful parent, envisioned before) I would be enraged as well and would have/will defend/ed my daughter at all cost. I see the Fathers pain and anger. However, I do feel he went too far in killing the man. In most cases the man would have stopped fighting prior to the death blow/s.

I personally believe that death and dying is a release not a punishment. Yes, you loose your life, but I see suffering in life to be more effective. Death is a release of physical pain and responsibility. I think The Father should have stopped and let the police/courts deal with the punishment.

On the other hand, beating the guy senseless and letting him live could have left the Father with law suits on the civil side of the law(which he may still face). I believe in the "Stand your ground" laws but just as a burglar whom you catch and injure, can sue you in civil court, so too can a person in this situation had he lived through the situation.

Without going too deep into the flaws within our judicial and prison system and the cost to the tax payers(which in themselves is another 500 posts a piece) I feel that everyone deserves their day in court. I know too many people that have been sent up the river for crimes they did not commit due to little girls that learned how easy it is to lie out of revenge(which is clearly not the case in this situation as the perp was caught in the act according to what is accepted as fact in this case at this time). Killing the man(and I use lower case m because anyone who does this type of offense does not deserve the capital M as at this point, with the information I have, believe the man to have committed the crime in question) denied him fair council and judgement. With all this I still feel that our prison system is not enough of a deterrent to committing crimes, be they violent in nature or not. However, I feel, the imprisonment for debt or what one does to their own body should be illegal, but I have digressed enough.

Crimes of Passion(crimes committed through emotion not logic), which this case could be considered, are on the razors edge in this Country. In some States it is taken into account and others it is not accepted as a defense. For example, I believe it is still accepted, in some States if a Man were to find his wife in the act of cheating they can kill them both and it be considered a Crime of Passion, yet if only one is killed, it shows logical thought and therefore murder, Texas being one. In some States this would be a clear case of involuntary manslaughter if not 3rd or 2nd degree murder.

I do believe this man deserved a beat down maybe even tortured a little(okay maybe a lot) but our laws do not allow for this type of vigilantism or revenge, yet, the government is known for it World wide. It is all double standards and that is what make cases like this so difficult to deal with.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Have better sense than to say he needed to die if you ever find yourself in this terrible position. That is all I am saying.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Have better sense than to say he needed to die if you ever find yourself in this terrible position. That is all I am saying.

That is good advice!

You snapped, you didn't know what you were doing, you were scared, you are so sorry, etc., etc. That is the appropriate response regardless of what you might be thinking or feeling inside at the moment.

At best, it corroborates your own story, at worst, it provides an temporary insanity defense.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

If my child were ever harmed or killed and the police caught the guy before I did......

I would forgive him at his trial. I would beg the jury to acquit, and I would beg the judge for leniency in his sentencing. I would play the ultimate forgiver, and I would spend every waking moment counting down the seconds until his release, and then, and then, and then......... I would wait some more. I would watch him for months, maybe even a year or more, and I would polish my alibi over and over again, and I would eventually get that poor SOB alone somewhere pre-arranged....... and then I would take my sweet time with him.

The GREAT thing is, people who know me, know this to be 100% accurate, and people who only casually know me, also get to hear some frightening ideas of mine about "justice" and how I would never call the police if something happened to one of mine. Most crimes are committed by someone who knows you, and therefore anyone who knows me wouldn't dream of doing something so stupid.

edit on 11-6-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Gosh the true reality of this happening is that this Dad was so pissed and STRONG, he actually did what most claim they 'would' do if they walked in on the same thing happening to their child.

He had to punch this guy pretty severely to kill him right?

Think of all the times you hear people bragging that they would kill someone in this case but then weigh it against all the sexual abuse that goes on without as much as a jail sentence or thrashing.

I wish someone had loved me enough to protect me as a little girl when I was sexually abused.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I wish someone had loved me enough to protect me as a little girl when I was sexually abused.

I wish they had too.

As for the father's strength, it really isn't all that physically difficult to beat someone to death if you get the drop on them and get the first good shot so they aren't fighting back very effectively, but it is extremely exhausting and mentally difficult. The reason the "I lost it" defense is so good, is because you really do have to "lose it" to just keep fighting through the blood and moans and splintering bones and physical exhaustion that it takes.

I believe the father really is remorseful, and he probably really can't believe the other man is actually dead, and the man became dead right there in his hands. He might never really believe or grasp what he did.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
If this man is convicted of a crime, our society is truly and disgustingly sick and without hope.
Hope the guy suffered terribly before he died.

I would have done the exact same, whether my daughter was 4 or 14 or 24.

Thing is, you cannot take law into your own hands. Unfortunately.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
If it were my child I would have done the same thing. Sex Offenders cannot be rehabilitated. They can, however be exterminated.

Stand your ground backs with the law a fundamental right of self defense.

I remember when I went through Use of Deadly Force training you had to know the laws of the nation or state you are in and what it considers justified use of deadly force. Rape in progress especially when a child is involved is almost always justified.

Unless you live in a retreat state....

I suppose if I lived in one and it happen; it would be better to ask forgiveness than permission.

Kill Em All let God sort it out!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Thing is, you cannot take law into your own hands. Unfortunately.

Oh yes you can! You just pay the price by losing your freedom.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Good riddance, indeed...

I'm usually all for peace and getting along, but god forbid I caught someone doing this to my child (or any child for that matter); I would have left him so disfigured, they'd have to run DNA testing to find out who he even was.

And no threat of a prison sentence would scare me off of him..

edit on 11-6-2012 by Isabelx because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join