Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his Daughter: (Stand Your Ground will win-again)

page: 1
80
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+88 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

A Texas father caught a man sexually assaulting his 4-year-old daughter and punched him in the head repeatedly, killing him, authorities said. The father was casually acquainted with the alleged abuser, said Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon.

The girl was left inside the family's house during the social gathering, while other members of her family were tending to horses, the sheriff said.

The man was pronounced dead on the scene

Asked whether they would press charges against the father, the sheriff responded, "You have a right to defend your daughter. He acted in defense of his third person.


Source: www.cnn.com...

Well, what do you say/ we say as a Society to this type of activity which lead to additional activtiy by another person that resulted in the loss of life.

Well, for me. GOOD RIDDENCE you sick bas...d! One thing for sure. That sicko won't be preying on any other innocent vicitms. Regardless if this was the first or last one.

That is my whole issue- the pedo's have no fear of the law or punishment. Rather Not Enough to make them stop doing that sicko behavior.

So, solution. Let the families of the victims have first choice as to how to deal Justice..... If they can't or won't then the Gov't can finish it.

I am a strong supporter of Chemical Castration.... Go ahead, start bashing that....



Anyway, WAY TO GO DAD!!!



+33 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
If this man is convicted of a crime, our society is truly and disgustingly sick and without hope.
Hope the guy suffered terribly before he died.


+39 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I agree. If I found someone doing that to either of my children it would be their last day on this planet.

Dude was attacking a 4 year old girl.. He needed to be put out of his misery.


+51 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
IF he was attacking a *anyone*, good-riddance. The problem is we have a two-men-can-keep-a-secret-if-one-of-them-are-dead scenario here. Let's hope there is some kind of investigation. I'd hate to think we can just start killing anyone we invite over to the house now, if all that is required to get away with it is an accusation like this....


+5 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

Well, for me. GOOD RIDDENCE you sick bas...d! One thing for sure. That sicko won't be preying on any other innocent vicitms. Regardless if this was the first or last one.

That is my whole issue- the pedo's have no fear of the law or punishment. Rather Not Enough to make them stop doing that sicko behavior.

So, solution. Let the families of the victims have first choice as to how to deal Justice..... If they can't or won't then the Gov't can finish it.

I am a strong supporter of Chemical Castration.... Go ahead, start bashing that....



Anyway, WAY TO GO DAD!!!


Why bother involving chemicals?
Go medieval on his sorry scrotum, with a rusty knife.
There is simply no room in the gene pool for paedophiles.

As a human I believe in justice and the right to law for all,
As a father my reaction would have been similar.



posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
more than likely he'd suffer an accident in prison to which the guards would probably not have noticed due to them checking their shoe polish so he's save the tax payer alot of money in prison fee's but it would be good for it to turn up at court so the judge can rule its legit and get a legal precident which will probably make the nonce's a bit more scared


+34 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
What I expect to see soon on here:

"They guy should have just punched him till he was unconscious then call the police, the guy is a murderer"

I say the father was ENTIRELY within his right and did the right thing. I just hope two things......

1. he gets no punishment
2. He didn't bust his hand up too much.



posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It's sad that anyone has to die, but considering all the damage molestation and sexual issues can cause to a child......I feel this man got what he deserved.

People are sick. Just sick.



posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I literally would have killed him VERY slowly....and then I would have had myself a pedo-fillet.

With a glass of good French wine....none the less.


+84 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Not enough information but....

Look at all the posters jumping to conclusion "omg a little girl, omg a molester, omg hero father, kill the bad guy"..

It could be, Dead man + Father > argue, argue elevates > fight breaks out > father uses excess force, accidentally kills him > uses daughter and molestation as cover?

wow, you guys are easy to manipulate.



posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
IF he was attacking a *anyone*, good-riddance. The problem is we have a two-men-can-keep-a-secret-if-one-of-them-are-dead scenario here. Let's hope there is some kind of investigation. I'd hate to think we can just start killing anyone we invite over to the house now, if all that is required to get away with it is an accusation like this....


Agreed.

There will be an investigation, and it's possible something "sketchy" might turn up. Past crimes, money, drugs.. whatever. In that case, you're right, "Dead men tell no tales".

However, if it is true, the man is still liable to serve a sentence, but probably very lenient.

Might I add, when the TPTB want to discredit someone, the quickest way to do so is to accuse them of sexual crimes, especially related to children. I'm not implying this man was a target of that, whatsoever. Just pointing out that, society reacts emotionally to sexual crimes regarding children, to the point of being irrational.

Point being, it's a good excuse.. because any self-respecting member of society is going to have a hard time questioning the father in this case.
edit on 11-6-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72
 


"You have a right to defend your daughter. He acted in defense of his third person."



posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
DONT KNOW THE FULL DETAILS BUT.



posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX
 


No argument. Having just looked at the source article, the Sheriff confirmed that there will be an investigation. I just get nervous jumping to conclusions these days, especially with regard to life and death and revenge.



posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream
 


That is the beauty of being open-minded with our opinions. If information comes out later that differs from the OP's link then we can change our opinion. No harm done.

So you can keep your "manipulation".


+15 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by luciddream
 


That is the beauty of being open-minded with our opinions. If information comes out later that differs from the OP's link then we can change our opinion. No harm done.

So you can keep your "manipulation".


Its good to doubt things, person who doesn't doubt, follows the leader.

You call that open-minded? all i saw in the post was jumping to conclusion, thats close minded and falling for OP's post and using you emotions.

Emotions cloud judgements.
edit on 6/11/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
IMHO he was better off with this parent catching him then he would have been if I caught him....

I could think of many more things that could of happened to him that would have been worse then getting punched and dying.



posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream
 




If I was in a position that had bearing over this father's fate or in deciding the facts of the case I would not be so quick to form an opinion. But considering the information we do have I have no problem in expressing the opinion I did.

We will wait and see but I have no place in my heart for those that prey on kids. If he did it, he got what was coming to him. If he didn't....then they sure are trying to discredit this man in the worst way.



Emotions cloud judgements.

Yes it can, but it can also propel us to make hard decisions that pure logic cannot comprehend. Like everything in life we need to have a good mix to balance out the equation.

Are you claiming that you do not have any emotions? If so, I would be calling you a liar.

edit on 11-6-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)
edit on 11-6-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72
 


Lots of opportunity for "told you so's" in that story!

The father didn't need a gun, he killed the guy without it, and the law protected him either way.
What if he had killed the guy with an assault rifle? Would people still start bashing the gun in that case or would they still see that the bastard deserved to die? What if the dead guy had had a gun and killed the father, and then denied any wrongdoing? He could have said he was not molesting the daughter and the man just went crazy on him and he had to defend himself? In fact, that could be the truth! What if this guy had an affair with the father's wife years ago, and he vowed revenge, caught him alone, beat him to death, and then made up the story of the sexual assault? It could happen.

Whatever the "truth" is, I'm always happy to see a grown man with the willpower and tenacity to beat another man to death with his bare hands, especiallly in defense of a more innocent person. Hell yeah, go DAD!



posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by luciddream
 




If I was in a position that had bearing over this father's fate or in deciding the facts of the case I would not be so quick to form an opinion. But considering the information we do have I have no problem in expressing the opinion I did.

We will wait and see but I have no place in my heart for those that prey on kids. If he did it, he got what was coming to him. If he didn't....then they sure are trying to discredit this man in the worst way.
edit on 11-6-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)


I agree with waiting to see more information, but just looking at the previous posts, im just thinking to myself "how can people are so quick to jump to conclusion.. ? that article was so small and barely had any information.

edit: even tho im replying to you, its not directed at you, my replies are meant for all that just jumped the gun on emotion. If the guy did try to molest(which is going to be hard to determine now), he does deserve that, amount of emotional damage that can cause to the child is tremendous.
edit on 6/11/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)





new topics
 
80
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join