It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his Daughter: (Stand Your Ground will win-again)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
If the allegations are true the perp did not deserve what he got. He should've been taken out strung to 4 horses and quartered, which is what I would have done. You don't mess with another mans family, especially his 4 year old girl in a sexual manner.

edit on 12-6-2012 by DrChuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
reply to post by Battleline

Whats so bad about asking about race? he has a point and a proven one at that.

Originally posted by magma

Sometimes decisions about justice are made on the color of ones skin.

edit on 12-6-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

There's nothing wrong with asking about it per se, but it has nothing to do with the case. It wasn't like "White family hires black babysitter, babysitter killed." It was "Dad finds guy molesting daughter, beats to a pulp." If race is the first place someones mind goes in a case like this their priorities are mixed up.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Morgenstern89

No I am not, I am just interested that is all.

forget it

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Perhaps the allegation of race baiting was overdoing it a bit, my apologies. But what effect does it have on this case? Like I said, the kid is no less hurt depending on the race, and the guy who did it wasn't a better or worse person because of his race. I'd like to understand your reasoning.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

What if the headline read.....

Black man beats white man to death for molesting daughter.

Would he still be walking around free with no charges?>

That is all I am suggesting.

regardless it is still an appalling act and in no way am I race baiting

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

My reasoning is the way the media report the incident. regardless of color or creed

It is a what if scenario

I am sure that if it was a black man or mexican who did the killing it would have been reported differently

that is all

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
If that kid watched all this go down she will probably be forever traumatized.
edit on 12-6-2012 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Go Dad!!!!

I'm often depressed, looking around me, seeing how spineless people have become. But this guy inspires me, he is a badass. Always be willing to kill someone if they're doing something like that to a loved one! I LOVE this story!

He didn't have the intention of killing the guy, his intention was to get him off his daughter. If he had intended to kill him, he would have to be arrested.
...not that I, myself, would be opposed to intentionally killing him for what he did, but the law wouldn't much like it. His intention was to stop him and happened to kill him while doing so. That's what makes the father innocent.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

In Texas there are two things you don't mess with, old folks and children. Race don't mean a thing when those two variables are involved. Commit a crime against the elderly or a child, even the punks in prison will punk you out. Not a pretty thing.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

My reasoning is the way the media report the incident. regardless of color or creed

It is a what if scenario

I am sure that if it was a black man or mexican who did the killing it would have been reported differently

that is all

But it wasn't reported that way. Why take the initiative to inject that what if scenario into the discussion other than to get a rise out of people?
edit on 12-6-2012 by Morgenstern89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
I dont remotely see how stand your ground applies here. What i do see is a father who understandably lost his marbles when he saw what was being done to his daughter. Any one of us would have done the same and not a single person could expect a person to be rational in such a circumstance.

This isnt a self defence issue. Its an issue regarding justifyable homicide...which, imo, this is.

The father was acting in self defense of his daughter, a minor, he didn't intentionally kill the other man, his intention was to stop him and he happened to be killed in the skirmish. That makes a big difference.
If it was a snot-nosed, arrogant prosecutor, he could bring him up on manslaughter charges, but not murder. I still doubt the jury would convict him.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Wasn't trying to get a rise out of people was actually looking for discussion.

Does not matter really because what is done is done.

We do not know all the facts in this anyway

Regardless, it seems justice has been done

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

reply to post by CaptainIraq

I am just curious that is all.

Sometimes decisions about justice are made on the color of ones skin.

So I am interested in the facts of the situation.

With the media, ALL of the media, especially faux news, the way it is, if there had been a minority involved, you can rest assured it would have been reported.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by retiredTxn

That is understandable

I am just interested in the way the media reports things and how they use these kind of stories for different agendas and report them in certain ways.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

HELL YEAH!!! Flagged and starred... This pervert deserved even worse than that, but the father was in the right to kill him.

EVERY man/woman who sexually abuses children should meet a similar end, so they can NEVER AGAIN sexually abuse any children...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

With the media, ALL of the media, especially faux news, the way it is, if there had been a minority involved, you can rest assured it would have been reported.

and this was my original point.

thanks for articulating it better than I did

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I'm not sure whether or not we have the full details of the case here ?

Two wrongs don't make a right. Why didn't the father of the child detain the abuser and call the police ?

( I know, it was probably a " Heat of the moment " response to the abuser, but surely it is up to the State to dispense justice, not the individual ? A man is dead...)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
IF he was attacking a *anyone*, good-riddance. The problem is we have a two-men-can-keep-a-secret-if-one-of-them-are-dead scenario here. Let's hope there is some kind of investigation. I'd hate to think we can just start killing anyone we invite over to the house now, if all that is required to get away with it is an accusation like this....

That's actually how I see it.. if you kill someone wielding a weapon .. there is evidence. If you kill someone attacking you, hurting you, or hurting someone else.. there is evidence. Killing someone who is doing .. this .. well there is no evidence? So if I get into an argument with a friend at my house, bash his brains in I can say he was molesting my kid.

Ah well. My bet is the guy was and I say good riddance.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

reply to post by retiredTxn

That is understandable

I am just interested in the way the media reports things and how they use these kind of stories for different agendas and report them in certain ways.

The media has and will continue to do so. Wish we had the power to change it, but we don't. When we as human beings start ignoring and renouncing their divisive tactics, Maybe, just maybe we can have an impact on the msm. I understand your point, just don't see the msm changing their ways anytime soon.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
To be honest, i kinda feel bad for the guy.... you know, with that sore hand and all.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join