It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My little sister gets suspended for conspiracy theorizing...?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
After reading further posts from the OP, I think more and more something is not right. Either with his story (I repeat it sounds really construed to me, my opinion) or with his mind. Poor sister you have.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

Originally posted by flexy123
Good job on brain washing a little child.

Teach them to THINK FOR THEMSELVES rather than echoing yours (or anyone else's) "conspiracy theories". This is the more saddening since a little kid at such age hardly has any means to intellectually "find out" what's really true and what's just plain BS, which 90% of all the conspiracy theories sadly are.

So..what did you "find out" which you deem worthy to tell your sister as "truth" - or are you maybe also just echoing and re-iterating what you read or what someone else tells you? As it is so often the case, hardly EVERY someone "finds something out" - otherwise it would not be conspiracy "theories".

By the way, you are of course correct that Christmas/Easter etc. is stemming from pagan religions, but this hasn't really anything to do with conspiracy theories. The question here is rather whether you actually think it has a positive effect on a child to tell her Easter/Christmas "is evil"?

Edit: And yes i agree, nice analogy with the homo song. Brainwashing 4 year olds..shame on you. Let her think for HERSELF, maybe one day she will teach you something.

it sounds like OP simply shares their opinion with their sister, and talks to her about things they "think might or might not be true"

thats what a conspiracy is.

OP is not brainwashing their sister.

peace.

That's not what it sounds like to me. I think you are feeling this way because it's the way YOU would do it, ensuring that they knew it was opinion, that it may or may not be true, explaining things to her, but I don't think the OP is doing that. I don't think he/she is taking the time to explain that it's a different theory about what may have happened or that there is information to support an idea or that it's another way of looking at it, I think he/she is saying "This is what really happened and they're lying to you!!!" and causing upheaval that is leading to issues in school for the very young child.
I think you would approach it much differently than the OP would and wouldn't do the damage that he/she is doing so you assume the OP would do it the way you would, but he/she clearly isn't. He/She is showing us that he/she is over the top and reactionary, not logical and open minded at all. Chances are, the OP isn't capable of the higher order thinking skills him/herself and is doing more damage than good whereas you would do it in a completely different way.
We can't always assume that others think the way we think just because we agree on certain topics. Your posts and your communication indicate that you are very, VERY different than what his/her posts convey. I just don't see him as being at the level you are at and cannot attribute to him the understanding that you may have because he clearly doesn't have it by what he has displayed here.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Can you imagine trying to teach in a classroom with a student who disrupts the class with conspiracy theories?
Can you imagine that teacher contacting the parents of that student and telling them about it?
Is it outside of the realm of possibility to believe those parents telling the student to stop disrupting the class with the conspiracies?
What would happen if the student didn't stop, but took every instance to continue to push conspiracy theories on the teacher, including writing jabs at her in a get well soon card?

Clearly there is more going on than the OP wishes to acknowledge.

1. The student was suspended over a simple poem.
2. The students mother called the OP and cussed her out over the incident.

These incidents lend to the idea that this was not the first altercation.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
reply to post by Domo1

First of all, I'm a girl

Secondly, since when is practicing my right to free speech and educating my sister on things I believe is important just "spewing conspiracies around?" I'm not blaming the teacher completely. I just think she's a close minded *****.

I've told my sister to share what I've taught her in school, and just to be careful how far she takes it.

She did nothing wrong.

Apparently she didn't do as you asked and she did do something wrong... she got suspended and that substantiates it.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
reply to post by Phage

That isn't just my belief system. Those are facts. Neither of those holidays are Christian, they are both Pagan.

And the reason I worded it so bluntly (Easter being evil, Christmas being unholy) is because that's the way she made it sound when she re-told the story. She made it seem a bit more extreme than I intended.

I thought that was implied.

Notice that she made it more extreme then intended... that should tell you something

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
She is not really old enough to comprehend. She is just repeating what she is told.

And expelling her is justified according to you?

reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

I think I know what's this about, it is bashing Christianity and religion which way to go she did the right thing, but since America is a lot of religious, especially in smaller towns and villages (but that is everywhere), of course, imagine like being in the 16th century and telling such things - it would be blasphemy and religious whackos don't move on, their mind about religion is the same as it was centuires ago, the same old and like a broken recorder claims, only done by other people.Nice brainwashing by The Church ...Not, Actually I don't find Easter being evil but I am sure this was because of bashing the religion

On the other hand, go find her a new school where the teacher and principal aren't religious morons (hey not all religious people are morons I know, but those who do such things because you question it - are)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Teach a child to question things. Thats a good thing.
But teaching a child conspiracy theories..first off, whats the point?
Second off, how does that make the kid around other kids? social awkwardness is tramatic.

Consider the impact:

A teenager hanged herself after becoming convinced the world would end in 2012 after researching doomsday scenarios on the internet, an inquest heard.
Schoolgirl Isabel Taylor, 16, turned to Buddhism after becoming fed up with the 'complications and injustice' of the modern world.
But while searching for answers she began researching doomsday scenarios - becoming convinced a nuclear reactor meltdown would end civilisation in the coming months.

Kids can learn facts and such, but they have no emotional understanding or perspective to check overreactions..this is an alien world they are trying to understand, and to start off in full freakout mode may unbalance them.

What your doing ops, is dangerous to the psychological health of this child and her development into a functional adult. Teaching her to think is great..do that...teach her to simply never hold any facts as a end of story but something to consider and see if people are being lazy.

You can teach her about flat earth and how some insisted that the earth was flat..it was a fact..until it wasn't. Or how before airplanes were invented, people demanded we couldn't fly..it was a fact that we could never create a machine that could fly..until we did.

But your teaching quite often unfounded craziness based on nutty thoughts of people whom quite often want to keep people scared so they can sell books and crap...your not freeing her mind, you are imprisoning it in other peoples psychosis's.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenie65

As far as your sister goes, maybe a face to face meeting with the teacher would be in order (sorry if already mentioned I haven't finished reading all 16 pages of the thread). A non-confrontational meeting can go a long way in situations like this. If you can show the teacher you are a normal, healthy person with slightly different, non-mainstream views of the world, maybe it would help. Who knows you might wake that teacher up to the truth.

I was reading this thread very late last night.

But - didn't the older sister say she was 14? And her step-mother was very angry at her for filling her little sister's head full of these conspiracy theories?

EDIT: OK - - I'm a bit off. This is what the poster actually said:

"My little sister, who is ten years old, has been learning about all conspiracies since about four years ago, when I started learning about them and teaching her, when I was about 14. So, she's been learning them since about age 6 or 7, roughly."

Still it seems the poster (older sister) is only 18. Old enough to question. Not old enough to declare a conspiracy "truth" and pass it on as "truth" to a too young mind.

edit on 10-6-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor

She is not really old enough to comprehend. She is just repeating what she is told.

I don't happen to believe in expelling - at all.

But that is not really the subject here.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

First off good job on teaching your little sister. Secondly, this needs to be bought to further attention. Maybe even a letter to a local news paper, to atleast get the teacher and principal names rolled in the dirt.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Your making the kid out to be a tormentor, what knowledgeable person uses those means? Perhaps it's the "dumb em down" teacher I'm sure you remember noticing in school when your smarter than the teacher they don't like it.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Suspended i.e say goodbye to this school, find another one? That's what I meant, I don't see what you find OK with doing that, the sister could've been brough to the school psychologist plus the poster here but suspending..? please. This is another foolishness of some schools, again a principal that has to be fired and changed.
edit on 10-6-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoctorMobius
reply to post by Furbs

Your making the kid out to be a tormentor, what knowledgeable person uses those means? Perhaps it's the "dumb em down" teacher I'm sure you remember noticing in school when your smarter than the teacher they don't like it.

There is a distinct line between being smart and being a smart ass.

You are fooling yourself if you do not believe children can be tormentors.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Suspended i.e say goodbye to this school, find another one? That's what I meant, I don't see what you find OK with doing that, the sister could've been brough to the school psychologist plus the poster here but suspending..? please. This is another foolishness of some schools, again a principal that has to be fired and changed.

I have no idea what you just said.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes

The "Christianity comes from Paganism" theory has been debunked ad nauseum. Abrahamic Religions were created as an antidote to paganism. But even IF it were so, this guy has no business indoctrinating his little sister with what is considered delusional propaganda in most circles.

i totally disagree with these statements.

totally disagree

firstly... christianity was codified into standard rites of worship by emporer constantine.
not only did constantine worship the male sun god, which was used to give jehova male qualities, but nearly all christian rites were repackaged pagan rituals.

the christian rite of transubstantiation is based upon the babylonian priest ritual of consuming the body of a ritually sacrificed king.
it was believed that this would endow the priests with the knowledge, strength and wisdom of the sacrificed king.

the celebration of christmas is an amalgamation of several pagan holidays and rituals.
the celebration itself is based upon the roman festival of saturnalia, which was dedicated to the worship of the deity saturn...
and in order to satisfy yet another pagan religion, the actual date of christmas/the birth of christ was set as the 25th of december, the birthdate of the deity mithra.

mithra was the deity worshiped in the persian-mystical-pagan religion of mithraism.

paul, who is singly responsible for the creation of the church according to the new testament, stated that he would become all things to all people.
he was willing to create a religion with a basis in paganism so that he could lead the many pagan believers to the faith that is defined by the religious doctrine of the christian church.

constantine created a new religion that would unify the roman empire through the roman jew paul's molding of christian rites to mimic a variety of pagan rituals.

i could go on, but i will spare you.

secondly... judaism contains not one, but at a minimum two holy books, the torah and the talmud.
and although it is often stated that the talmud is an interpretive collection of rabbinical thoughts on the law as told in the torah, the talmud, in truth, has its foundation in the rites of the babylonian talmud.

babylonian pagan rites acquired by the jews during their imprisonment in babylon.

abraham himself lived in the land of canaan, a region known for worshiping multiple gods.
their primary god was called EL.
interestingly, the worship of EL predates the worship of jehova.
it was this worship of EL that helped give rise to the idea of a single god, the single god now recognized as jehova yahweh.

as i stated, EL was the primary god of Canaan, but yet know that EL was not the only god.

the babylonian talmud is entirely pagan, with paganism being defined as a polytheistic ethnic religion.
the early tribes found in both Israel and Judah worshiped a differing collection of Gods and Idols.

so, in truth, the abrahamic religions were not created as an antidote to paganism.
they were founded in paganism, but evolved dogmatic doctrine condemning paganism while still retaining the exact same pagan rituals.

not to get off track from the OP however.

i must say that the little girl impressed me with such a clever poem.

especially if she is known by the teacher to be a promoter of certain conspiritorial ideologies.

but yet with me saying that, i disagree with teaching/preaching conspiracies to the young lady as being the absolute truth.
because most all conspiracies are speculative.

they might be speculative and containing truth, but they are generally not validated.

i think that a better approach would be to teach these ideas to the young lady while employing critical thinking skills.
teach her logic, or primarily logical fallacies.

always teach her to never speculate beyond the data.

and LET her realize that it might behoove her to always, always, always feel comfortable saying the words "i don't know".
edit on 10/6/2012 by kyviecaldges because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

To the OP...really messed up that she got suspended for that, I guarantee the school board would censure the principal for that, if not outright fire. Its so ridiculous, its hard to believe.

That said, it sounds to me like you're doing your sister a major disservice. "Easter is evil and Christmas is unholy"... Us she being raised jewish? I mean, even Jews don't consider them evil/unho,y, they just don't celebrate them. Or are you Satanists? That would make sense. You can apply both holidays to more ancient traditions, as well as simply lessons / mysteries. You're indoctrinating her nore than most churches or media would, and she is at your mercy because of her young age. At least she'll be programmed to mirror your young views, right? It sounds to me like you're barely scratching the surface of knowledge and presenting it to her as truth. Heck, you're not even close on the statue of liberty and now she believes a lie. At least research a little before you brainwash her.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

What damage have you done to your sister? I would be a bit annoyed if suddenly someone started spouting how evil Christmas is while we gathered around a live Nativity scene on Christmas Eve, in fact, I would be infuriated.

Another thing, your story goes from making cards right to the last lines of a poem, I don't understand what the poem is or who wrote it...I'm sorry, but I'd have to agree with the teacher on this one...the both of you are creepy and your sisters remarks resemble the rants of a paranoid schizophrenic, perhaps yours.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoeshiner
This whole thing stinks and pisses me off soo badly, which is not a easy thing to do. You might think you are helping her but it's child abuse.

I hope you have a talk with her and say she shouldn't worry about these things now and to forget about them. I don't know how you can reverse it but please try. I'm not against conspiracy theories, I believe in quite a few. Exposing her to these things at such a young age is very very dangerous.

The fact that you started telling her when she was 6...it's just wrong. Please reconsider what you are doing and try make it right for now, and when she is say 15 then expose her to all this # again.

You need to remember it was a 14 year old talking about stuff to her around 7 year old sister...both kids. Did you have an older sibling when you was 7ish? Did they know not to tell you heavy stuff?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I don't happen to believe in expelling - at all.

But that is not really the subject here.

Actually THAT IS the subject...being expelled for saying something the teacher considered objectionable. If the reason was a poem the one mentioned, I find it extreme indeed!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
S&F! Good for you teaching the children while they are young is exactly what needs to happen and eventually they will rise up and change things. LOL at the people on this thread claiming she is to young but its ok to teach them lies about the easter bunny and santa clause as if they are truth....

And whose the # that said it was child abuse? Unbelievable!

Unfortunately this is what happened when you send your kids to government re-education camps. They are not interested in kids learning to think for themselves they are interested in teaching them WHAT TO THINK!

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join