It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My little sister gets suspended for conspiracy theorizing...?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Myself like many others on ATS or in related topics never had someone telling us about conspiracy BS... I came here myself through my own way of thinking and seeing the world for how it really is....

I wasn't influenced by anyone in my family...

It isn't something that can be taught.... it is something you need to find and understand for yourself in your own time...

Some may never see it and others will see it as soon as they are ready... it can't and shouldn't be taught or imposed on youth.

edit on 10-6-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
You work to rush a child into the claws of stress, worldly-things, and paranoia before age takes her there?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

There is a big gap between those... that's why kids stay with their parents for so long and their parents have such a big influence on how kids are raised...

There are certain things and morals kids need to be taught and other things that they need to discover themselves

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Or shes trying to deny ignorance and wont stand for a little snot nose kid spreading crap in her classroom.
The OP is not old enough to be teaching his little sister anything and his parents should be making sure that he is not filling his little sisters head with nonesense that takes away from her school work.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by hawkiye
S&F! Good for you teaching the children while they are young is exactly what needs to happen and eventually they will rise up and change things. LOL at the people on this thread claiming she is to young but its ok to teach them lies about the easter bunny and santa clause as if they are truth....

And whose the # that said it was child abuse? Unbelievable!

Unfortunately this is what happened when you send your kids to government re-education camps. They are not interested in kids learning to think for themselves they are interested in teaching them WHAT TO THINK!

How is the OP changing the student? She isn't teaching the student how to think, she is just giving the student a different set of 'facts' to believe in.

She is teaching the student that they do not have to go along with the sheep that there are alternatives and hence one must think to make their choice. The school would have them believe there is only one way to see all things. Real choice requires thought hence one must think for themselves.

That may be her intention, but it doesn't seem to be the result. What she appears to be teaching the student is how to get suspended from school for being inappropriate. If you want to teach a child to think, teach them how to think. Give them those tools.

The OP is simply filling the child's head with a contrary set of information to what she is being taught in school without the tools needed to make a judgement on which set of information is correct. This can often result in what is know as cognitive dissonance when two people she trusts to have the correct information are giving her conflicting accounts of reality. It will hinder her ability to trust and learn, much of like what happened with the OP herself.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Your sister should make a YouTube video about her experiences in school? If the video goes viral, it will help spread the information.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oland
As an elementary school teacher, I personally like the kids that can think outside the box. It's refreshing to see a young mind not accept everything they are told. However, it can be a classroom disruption for a student to speak their mind too often and too aggressively. A good teacher can deal with this with classroom management skills. Sometimes it seems like children are purposely trying to derail a lesson or get the teacher off subject when they make certain comments. This is made worse by other students joining in with what they know too. Your sister did not deserve suspension. A parent conference would have fixed whatever problem there was. I try to accept each student for who they are and as individuals. It sounds like this teacher needs to do the same.

Wow perfect reply IMO. My son when young was clearly a class disrupt-er, he was extra smart bored and always making everyone laugh. He had good teachers that kept him in-line and kept in close touch with his parents.

One teacher he had, a particular year just could not stand my irritating son and said he was ill and sent him to the school psychologist, who then had to report...the kid was smart, bored and needed more challenging work other then that a normal boy.
NOT what she wanted to hear...there are good teachers, great teachers and bad teachers but kicking a kid out of your class seems the least productive way to deal with a non-violent child.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by Furbs

There is a big gap between those... that's why kids stay with their parents for so long and their parents have such a big influence on how kids are raised...

There are certain things and morals kids need to be taught and other things that they need to discover themselves

Critical thinking can help in all aspects of life. Personal morality is one aspect where critical thinking can help a child figure out what is right and what is wrong.

Everything a child becomes is directly influenced by a child's ability to think critically. Simply telling the girl that the teacher is incorrect does nothing if the student is not also given the steps needed to understand the why of the teacher's inaccuracy.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
she is a child..... let her be a child......we have to be adults for such a LONG time.....you taught her that christmas and easter is evil?????? I can't get past that........what is the point of telling a child this??????

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The teacher needs to grow up there was nothing inappropriate with that poem.

Just another teacher who thinks she is god, and the student has every right to free speech.

Be the last time she out to ever make a "Get well card" why were they told to do that in the first place?

oh and gots conspiracy theories to do.

edit on 10-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by shaluach

The curriculum of a ten year old does not need to include : George Bush brought down the twin towers or TPTB are out to get her and enslave her or kill off her family in order to reduce world populations.
Spreading that kind of stuff should be considered child abuse. What a great way to create a paranoid personality, get em while their young and impressionable.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

So we have nothing here to go by but the OP's word, so i take it at that.
Starts with 2 young GIRLS. Broken home, talking, older one telling all her new stuff she comes up with to the young one.

Tell me how you make excuses for something you don't agree with.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Ignorant people fear wise people, always have.

Fear for your sister was expressed. Not fear of her.
So is it you, who are "instructing" her, the one who is wise? That seems to be what you meant.

phage, seriously?

are you saying OP made her sister do evil stuff?

i don't personally think thats the case at all.

honestly phage your getting really mean.

This is the new Phage the old Phage gave out concise facts...never opinions and never emotionaly charged. How many Phages are there behind the name?

edit on 10-6-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reddupo
You work to rush a child into the claws of stress, worldly-things, and paranoia before age takes her there?

Awesomely pithy!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

No part of the subject is the girl was suspended, meaning she can come back at a later date determined by the school officials. Being expelled means she cannot come back to the school ever again.

The other part of the subject is the fact that older sister is teaching younger sister things that the parents of said children are not happy about. Yes one is a stepparent but still a parent none the less.

Why are they not happy? Well it seems the younger sister is not at an age that she knows when to bring things up and when not to bring them up. It seems to be a problem that is causing disruption in the class keeping any teaching from really being done. The poem itself is a bit odd for such a young child; it says something about personality to be throwing snippy remarks to someone when they are sick.

The older sister is still young herself and has plenty of learning to go. Looking at some of the statements made I would say a lot of research needs to be done. The OP has said she does not believe what is put in a text book, but obviously believes whatever is on the web about conspiracies i.e. Alex Jones. Not that Alex Jones is always wrong just that after years of reading and listening to him I think his credibility is lacking.

I have a 5 year old son that is soon to be 6. I will not be "teaching" him things about conspiracies, but will be teaching him to think things through. I like to see him learn, I like to see his knowledge grow. He was able to "read" a few words at the age of 2 1/2, but really he was not reading but he did learn what the word looked like and what it meant. Now he is really learning to read. He did know his numbers and how to count to above 25 at the age of 2 1/2 now he can count to well over 100. There is a difference between teaching and "training" a child to mimic. I believe the young sister is being taught to mimic.

There is a lot more to this story than we are being given. The girl in no way would be suspended over the poem if this was the first instance. The poem was a straight forward dig at a person when they are ill. It seems like a grudge filled dig at that. The older sister even lightly touches on this not being the first instance. It is getting close to the last straw though for a frustrated teacher. I would suggest the young girl be sat down and explained that things have their time, and bringing up the conspiracies every instance she can just to seem smarter than others is not that time. Let the young girl be a young girl. There is plenty of time for her to do the conspiracy stuff later. After all we don't want her to end up like the teen not long ago who hung herself because of the conspiracies do we?

Some young minds might be mature for their age, but there is still a big difference between the mind of a child/teen and an adult, reasoning and critical thinking being a huge difference. I would even go so far as to say the OP still has a bit of maturing to do as well.

Raist

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Let's look at it from another perspective that can be gleaned from the OPs comments.

A teacher has a class full of students and is doing her job, teaching them to read and write and do arithmetic. There is one young girl in particular, every time they discuss any new topic, that one little girl blurts out that the teacher is lying and not telling them the truth. If the teacher says 2+2 =4, the girl shouts that "It's all a conspiracy!!! The answer is clearly 7!!". The teacher calms the class, and moves on with the lesson, reminding the girl to not interrupt the class or shout in the classroom. They move on to reading and have a lovely little story by Dr. Suess to better learn phonics and pronunciation. The girl again screams out "Dr. Suess was a spy who was working for the gubment!!!!!". It takes the teacher at least a half hour to calm things down, all the while the girl is shouting at her, calling her a filthy gubment liar who wants to keep them from the truth (and the teacher just wants to get through the lesson plan with as little stress as possible). They move on to Social Studies and are discussing the Statue of Liberty where millions of immigrants gasped and cried as their ships sailed into the harbor, where millions of people visit each year and the little girl again pipes up, screaming about lying and conspiracies and goes on and on and on.
Now, this is normally a very patient teacher, perhaps too patient to have put up with this for so long, but somehow she manages to get things under control again.
The teacher is ill and has to miss school, the class makes nice little get well cards for her, a very thoughtful gesture. Of course there's one.... just one, who writes this:

"Good luck with your flu,
we miss you,
conspiracies to do,
so I'll see you"

What goes through the teacher's head? "so I'll see you"??? Is that a threat? I know the child is off her rocker but is she a stalker too??? ... Good luck with your flu..... is this actually food poisoning of some sort? Did that strange child do something to my lunch and is laughing about it now? ... conspiracies to do... is she saying I'm lying about being sick since she screams that everyone is lying about everything else?? Sheeesh, I can't even take a day off to get over the flu without this child tormenting my life!!!
Being patient and professional, she takes the card to the principal and explains what all has gone on and asks his opinion. The principal thinks "yeah, that child is definitely a nut-job, her older sister was a nut-job too...". And the choice is made to discuss this with the child. While discussing it the child screams at them "This is a conspiracy, you are out to get me!!! I know you are, my sister told me so!!!".... well, that's not only out of line for a student, it's also a sign of serious mental derangement. The girl's parents are called in and talked to, they assure the principal that they will address the situation and convince him to not have her wheeled away in a straight jacket. They go home, the mother is very angry and calls her step-daughter and rips her good for filling the small child's head with all this craziness. The step daughter gets online to try to find people to take her side because nobody in her real life will due to knowing the whole story.

Yup, that about sums it up....

We all hear tell there are two sides to every story, then someone comes along as says there's three sides (side A, side B and the truth) but, in reality, there are infinitely many sides depending on the perspective and the truth can only be found by bringing all involved sides together.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
She reveled her power level....big no no.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

t can't and shouldn't be taught or imposed on youth

I thought that was the whole idea. To impose on youth while they are young. That is why the state takes them from home so young? Before they can understand anything and just trains their mind to remember the "official" story?

To even teach them to revere a statue no less? Or a piece of colored cloth (a flag)? To swear allegiance and pledge to fight against any other "explanations"?

You know that is how they do it. So now, by the time a young man is old enough to think for himself, he can't. He just picks up an M16 and marches in whatever direction the "officials" tell him to.

That is a life long process that ends up in tragedy for many. Look at the state of the Union today. Don't question, just attack.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Still some extremists backing the OP it seems...ah yes we are on ATS

I think you fed her to take on her teacher and this has been, as others have said, building up.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Reddupo

Awesomely pithy!

Yet it misses the mark by miles

Teaching a child "Critical Thinking" can be done without the "Claws of Stress".

They now make wonderful medicines for anyone that "Can't handle worldly things".

And to top that off...It assumes that age leads you straight to paranoia...

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join