It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My little sister gets suspended for conspiracy theorizing...?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
reply to post by Annee

I'll respectfully disagree.

See, I was never told anything when I was younger, and it twisted my world ten ways to sunday when I found out. I'd rather my sister not have that shock effect. I also don't believe that children simply "can't comprehend" these things. Perhaps they can't understand all the complexities of them yet, but she understands better than half the people my own age I attempt to educate. I can have a more intelligent conversation with my sister than I can most other people.

And, I'll continue to educate her as I learn more.

So you are replacing and demolishing any learning and instead believe it's better for your sisters intellectual growth for her view of the world to be based on your opinions - not facts, opinions? Way to go. Keep at it and make sure she learns the five key words of knowledge she will need to follow your path, the five key words that will ensure such learning finds its place of destiny in this world. And the five words are.....

You want fries with that?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Well for one thing you need to keep your opinions about matters to yourself and let the girl grow up, filling her head with this stuff right now is wrong for you to do because she's at the age where kids cannot tell the difference between what is real and what is not in a great many matters.

Let your sister be a happy little girl. It's not your right to go filling her head with all this crap, you're going to drive her batsh*t crazy before she's your age and it will be your fault.
edit on 10-6-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Its fantastic that you want to help your sister, so try teaching her to think, without using heavy subjects that could scare her.

Get a couple of history books, aimed at her level of ability.

Read them together, discuss who wrote them and where they found their information, who published them, where that funding came from.

Get her to do the research, take your lead from her,

This will eventually lead her to question our world and goverments, without scaring her. She will take more of value from this approach than anyother.

if her home life is so bad, that at your young age, you feel you are better equipt to decide what is good for her, than her parents are, do something about her physical and emotional well being.

Bi polar etc is a disorder of mood, it doesn't affect intelligence, so perhaps her mother is chaotic and unstable, that does not mean that she is unable to choose what her daughter should or should not be exposed too.

Infact, I would say, that if you had the same upbringing, you will still be dealing with the fall out from that and are in no position to go against the childs mum.

Almost everyone on here seems to have missed the point, that we all have the right to parent our children as we see fit! Extended family do not have the right to over ride parents choices, unless or untill they have legal responsibilty for the child.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by canuckster

Originally posted by Annee

Her teacher sometimes tells her "You're too young to know that stuff yet" (and yes, that's an exact quote. Apparently, learning is bad).

I agree with her teacher.

She is not really old enough to comprehend. She is just repeating what she is told.

Right, keep that kid in church so you can forcefeed zombie jesus and the not so benevolent man in the sky who will smite her if she doesn't toe the line.

The stupidity of the human race never ceases to amaze me

Your stupidity and ignorance amazes me, and your lack of respect for others and their beliefs. That squirrel out there climbing my tree knows more about God than you do.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Her teacher sometimes tells her "You're too young to know that stuff yet" (and yes, that's an exact quote. Apparently, learning is bad).

She is not really old enough to comprehend. She is just repeating what she is told.

I am really surprised at all of you who stared this? A kid talks about things she does not comprehend so a TEACHER has her kicked out of class? So we don't want children talking past their comprehension level. What?

The teacher does not have to agree with the kids thoughts and she should simply explain that not everyone agrees and why...be a teacher!

Plus how do you know what the kid is capable of understanding?

A GOOD teacher teaches not puts down a kids thoughts and kicked out for "conspiracies to do" in a poem?

A very creative poem with no harm in it.

Well my children were both in the gifted program at age 6 and 10 all the way through high school, they could read at age 2-3 and why because they were allowed to think and talk about things beyond their comprehension level. That is how you learn. Now if they were going around saying they were going to hurt someone or being sexually explicit i would understand,
edit on 10-6-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This whole thing stinks and pisses me off soo badly, which is not a easy thing to do. You might think you are helping her but it's child abuse.

I hope you have a talk with her and say she shouldn't worry about these things now and to forget about them. I don't know how you can reverse it but please try. I'm not against conspiracy theories, I believe in quite a few. Exposing her to these things at such a young age is very very dangerous.

The fact that you started telling her when she was 6...it's just wrong. Please reconsider what you are doing and try make it right for now, and when she is say 15 then expose her to all this # again.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vorlon128

Would you consider the following video anti-christian?

The "Christianity comes from Paganism" theory has been debunked ad nauseum. Abrahamic Religions were created as an antidote to paganism. But even IF it were so, this guy has no business indoctrinating his little sister with what is considered delusional propaganda in most circles.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Yeah, these schools wouldn't our children to possibly LEARN something. Instead they seek to indoctrinate with the same old "facts." So when a child comes along who is speaking truthful things that scares them even more because the "threat" is actually in the school possibly "poisoning" the other children. Look how quick they were to try and separate her from whatever student was telling her these things. Divide and conquer, even on a grade school level.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

*Gasp*

You mean it's far better for the child to repeat she was told in school, even though it may not be the whole story, or even completely false.

Seems more like a damning indictment on the public education system than anything else... You're right Annee, good point, and well said.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

FTR, that's not arrogant, it's true. Ignorant people fear wise people, always have.

Wise people never think they are wise. That's part of being wise.

Something you might understand as you grow up.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
A Course In Miracles is a CIA mind control project

Thank you very much for posting that, 'Murgatroid'. I didn't know that A Course In Miracles is a CIA mind control project, i'm very surprised about this... I know someone who are reading about A Course In Miracles books, and he is trying to convince me that it is very important to forgive every people for what they do because they don't know better, he try to convince me that if i forgive all people no matter who they are and no matter what crime they make then i will be "healed" if i also forgive these kind of people, and i will avoid bad Karma if i forgive every people, but i told him that it is VERY DIFFICULT for me to forgive people like for example Adolf Hitler, Osama Bin Laden, other mass murderers, rapists, child abusers and other criminals for all these crimes they did/do, and it's still is VERY DIFFICULT for me to forgive those kind of people, but he still try to convince me that it is very important to forgive every people no matter who it is...

I' am about to read the rest of your post, i'm not finished to read it yet, but i am shocked to see that A Course In Miracles is a CIA mind controlled thing...
edit on 10-6-2012 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

So what you're saying is that she is old enough to learn the revisionist history version about the statue of liberty, but not the real story behind it? Her comprehension is advanced enough for indoctrination, but not truth?

I don't think YOU'RE old enough to comprehend.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by Unity_99
My kids are all being taught the truth too.

There are a lot of parents who teach their kids "the truth". It can be the religious nut case-neighbors teaching their kids right from the cradle how everyone who doesn't believe in God is bad....or how homosexuals wont go "to heaven"....or how the Aliens abduct people en masse...or how the gvt lies to us and flies holographic planes into the pentagon.

What is this "Truth"? You know the truth? Congratulation, because i don't!

Regardless, i think it's wrong to put such thoughts into a kid's head. All you do is raise kids sharing your own belief, un-critical of other views or beliefs.

At some point, later on, someone might ask the kid why it believes this or that, eg. some debate with someone else who has another viewpoint..and the kid will have no means to even back up its BELIEF since all it does is echoing your belief, it hasn't formed its own opinion - because such usually comes at a much later age by using their reasoning.

The truth is that the world is corrupt and that the media, and games, videos they enjoy are indoctrinating them. That they run a slave camp and a war planet of starvation, which is more of a hellzone than anythign else, and its run by intent.

The truth is that they need to search for things before ever buying into them, if the government tells us certain foods are bad, 10/1 its something essentially needed.

The truth is actually not that hard to tell them, as they dragged me outside for some of our sightings, and we knew what they were, including my son sharing his missing time and 2 sons sharing sightings alot like my own, of a lot more, the occuptants of what were seeing.

So, they're already in a minority of knowing things others don't know, and understand the suppression being carried forth.

They're taught about the occult run world wanna be powers, and cia run drug scenes, and how everything is run on the model of pyramid systems of control. They're also taught all the important information about family, ancestors and that should anyone ever lure them into any kind of work or try to get them to think of any kind of mystery school to say NO, not on my watch!

They're taught to share, to care, to never go to war no matter what, to not follow bad orders, to not obey or stand under others.

They're also being taught, as the two youngest fight alot, to get along, that peace begins in our hearts and homes, and that we're responsible for the gifts we're giving to others in the family, and I prefer gifts of peace, and teamwork. And that they are naturally psi, and encouraged to meditate.
edit on 10-6-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
They're being taught that money and banks are slavery and shown the Venus Project and Earthship homes, and that if we could earn enough to donate land to the homeless and create yurts or whatever, this is important, nothing is more important than equalizing and also being happy, living your dreams too.

They're being taught that earth is a school and that being here, its an honor to be here and try to grow our light/love bigger, and to do so you have to love everyone and strive for equality and to heal people, and to care about the underdog and underprivileged and not buy into the slave system.

That its better to work for yourself and your own businesses than for anyone's monopolies and that choosing products more carefully, for integrity is important.

The list goes on and on, each day is a new learning opportunity. We discuss things, even what we buy.

This is ESSENTIAL INFO you impart to your loved ones, FROM CRADLE TO GRAVE, and share with anyone around, even in lineups out and about.
edit on 10-6-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
You seem a tad bit mis-informed yourself there. Dont teach her until you know what you are actually speaking about. Just a hint.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miss Sile

Using that flawed logic, the argument can be made that ANYTHING his little sister is taught she is just repeating. How do you know she is just repeating?

I see this exactly the same as the 4 year old who sang the: "Ain't no homo going to make it to heaven." song.

1st that was a 4 year old and second 2 completely different people and 3rd hes not teaching her to bash gay people hes teaching her WHAT WE ALL SHOULD HAVE BEEN TOUGH IN THE FIRST PLACE!!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
just an observation on the course of this thread :

ATS members denounce the teaching of unevidenced religious dogmas to children , but applaud the teaching of unevidenced conspiracy theories .

seems to me " indoctrination " only occurs when you disagree with a dogma

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I don't normally comment on posts, but this is one I couldn't pass up.

I'm very happy to see there are so many free thinkers out there, being able to think for yourself is a great gift. As much as I hate to say it, I talk to so many idiots on a day to day basis (I'm in federal law enforcement) that I tend to get a little jaded at times.

As far as your sister goes, maybe a face to face meeting with the teacher would be in order (sorry if already mentioned I haven't finished reading all 16 pages of the thread). A non-confrontational meeting can go a long way in situations like this. If you can show the teacher you are a normal, healthy person with slightly different, non-mainstream views of the world, maybe it would help. Who knows you might wake that teacher up to the truth. (As you see it
)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Is that right? And what exactly is it about me teaching my sister the truth about things that's comparable to teaching a much younger child to sing about homos in a church?

Because it's your OPINION of what the truth is, not actual truth. She should be learning that 2+2=4, not what your theories on the origin of things is. The homophobes taught that child to sing that song but he had no comprehension of what it actually was. He'll grow up and accept what they taught him as the truth, just as you said you were shocked and surpised when you were exposed to the things you believe now, you only substituted one "truth" for another "truth" and chances are, neither of them are the "truth" at all, just different perspectives.
You aren't teaching your sister "truth", you are giving her your opinions. There is a big difference.

Children go through stages of development and are able to think critically in different stages as they go. A child the age of your sister isn't capable of thinking critically in the sense that you are subjecting her to so she is just parroting what you say, not learning anything, not thinking anything, just repeating what her sister/brother told her. It's doing more damage than good as well as causing trouble for her in school.

The younger groups may not like it (and some older groups who didn't fare well), but school is not there for the purpose of teaching you to solve all the conspiracy theories in the world or to "think outside the box" at that age. That comes later in life. Before they can think outside the box, they need to realize that there IS a box and what is inside of that box. You can't move beyond something until you know what that something is. She is being taught to function in society, learning the conventions of communication and arithmentic, starting to learn about the scientific method and what the parts of it are and will later learn to apply it, she's learning a very generalized history of what has come before her. She's not there to think critically, she's there to gain "knowledge", facts and figures, the memorization stuff. She will apply critical thinking skills down the road when her pyschological development warrants it, not before she's capable of it.

Do you know why it is that you were "so shocked"?? It's because you weren't psychologically ready for it. It was thrown upon you and you didn't yet have the thinking skills to comprehend it, so you were "shocked". If you had gained the critical thinking skills first and those things were exposed to you at a later age, mid-20's perhaps, they wouldn't have shocked you, you would have comprehended them much better and you would have been able to learn much more from them.

There's a reason that elementary kids are taught differently from high school kids and high school kids are taught differently from college kids and it has to do with psychological development.
You are doing more damage to her than good.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
just an observation on the course of this thread :

ATS members denounce the teaching of unevidenced religious dogmas to children , but applaud the teaching of unevidenced conspiracy theories .

seems to me " indoctrination " only occurs when you disagree with a dogma

Perhaps this would be a good time to remind everyone about this post from the OP. It seems that religious dogma is part and parcel of her "instruction". This is considered keeping an "open mind"?

We can argue this all day, but it states plainly in the scripture not to mesh religions, and that includes religious customs... especially ones that portray to the worship of the sun, the moon, and the earth, which is also directly against the Bible.

I'm not making it evil by calling out it's origins. I'm just making it's evil known.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 6/10/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join