It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just saw Prometheus, Indoctrination?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I saw it the other week and thought it was another religious propaganda film like the book of eli. May just my paranoid mind but the first thing I thought about the scene where she takes out the alien was an anti abortion scene plus the fact that her faith in jesus is unshaken through all that happens.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I don't think Ridley Scott is associated with wordly authoritarian agancies. He just has a great science fiction mind.
Prometheus is a new twist on his 1979 Alien movie. Are you suggesting that he has been working with TPTB for over 30 years to accomplish said goal?
-Most of the time something is merely what it is presented as.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Prometheus Update: It's a hit !

The whole world has jumped into the theaters.

June 14, 2012 - Domestic & Foreign Numbers:

- Domestic $61 Million

- Foreign $92 Million

- Worldwide = $ 153 Million !

--------
BTW, Blu Ray sales will be through the roof !

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by NoRemorse762

There is somewhat of a feedback loop as this thread demonstrates.

But there is very little original content from Hollywood. It's recycled stuff in a sparkly package or hot popular trends.

Although the theory makes perfect sense, your spot on saying it is merely entertainment and no where close to being disclosure. I mean "Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter", I'll be looking out for that thread!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

So how did life originate on Earth?

Adam & Eve?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Adam & Eve?

What I'm basically saying is that hollywood is trying to make big bucks off this movie, not disclose anything. Either way there probably was an Adam and Eve! i.e first homo-sapiens genetically engineered by E.T?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow

Adam & Eve?

What I'm basically saying is that hollywood is trying to make big bucks off this movie, not disclose anything. Either way there probably was an Adam and Eve! i.e first homo-sapiens genetically engineered by E.T?

Well, they ARE making big bucks. $153 Million and counting.
-----
The movie is sparking debates. How did life originate on Earth?

-----
There was an interesting article in Scientific American magazine a few years ago.

Scientists have traveled all over the world and sampled everyones DNA.

Conclusion: there really was an Adam & Eve but there are also 15 separate and

distinct -cousins- here on Earth to create a well diversified DNA gene pool.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Pretty interesting, Will do my research, as for the different strands some must have come before others. It brings to mind the Demi-Gods.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Only to those who are not scientifically sophisticated and learned:

ALL life is nothing but chemistry. Simple as that. And, therefore (because chemistry is fundamental), LIFE is fundamental.

Here.....understand this short video to comprehend abiogenesis (No giant blue humanoid aliens required....oh, where did THEY "come from", eh??):

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PluPerfect

Where's the missing link?.....I think some questions are better left unanswered.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkstar12

Movies.com: We had heard it was scripted that the Engineers were targeting our planet for destruction because we had crucified one of their representatives, and that Jesus Christ might have been an alien. Was that ever considered?

Ridley Scott: We definitely did, and then we thought it was a little too on the nose. But if you look at it as an “our children are misbehaving down there” scenario, there are moments where it looks like we’ve gone out of control, running around with armor and skirts, which of course would be the Roman Empire. And they were given a long run. A thousand years before their disintegration actually started to happen. And you can say, "Let's send down one more of our emissaries to see if he can stop it." Guess what? They crucified him.

Yeah. The reason the Engineers don't like us any more is that they made us a Space Jesus, and we broke him. Reader, that's not me pulling wild ideas out of my arse. That's RIDLEY SCOTT.

I respect your free will and opinion as to the perception of your comprehension of the movie. But I only wish to comment on the above part.

No doubt Scott had intended the movie as 'Engineers returning to Earth to destroy it', but it may not be in the manner you had envision.

Scott is only a fellow human and saw how contaminated we are throught the centuries and would deserve extermination.

But that was not how many was expecting to believe as portrayed by the blurbs in the adverts.

The Engineer, upon awakening, after being awakened and conversed with the robot, understood the danger all was in. He destroyed the robot, and killed the rest as they had or would soon be contaminated by the species on that planet, and was hurrying to escape the planet, for the DNA experiment was wrong and in danger.

Unaware to him, there were other humans still alive, whom decided without facts, and a traumatically wrought message from Shaw, to sacrifice themselves in the belief that the Engineer was returning to Earth with those DNA that could wipe out Earth, when the reality was not the case.

A very common case and twist of us mankind rushing into hasty judgements and action, often killing those whom might have actually been trying to save us.

When the Engineer's ship crashed, he survived, and his first response was to destroy any remaining human left on the planet to prevent them from leaving and contaminating the Universe.

Unfortunately, Shaw, in self survival, let loose the borned worm to attack the Engineer. He fought hard, but eventually succumbed. Those actions proved he had no intention to allow anyone to be contaminated by those species, not even Shaw by mercifully attempting to kill her.

In the end, the beast was born. And that was the doom Scott is trying to pass across - not from the Engineers, but by the species of death created from mankind's hubric misinterpretations, misunderstandings, desires and mistakes, that soughts for humankind as host for evolution of their kind.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PluPerfect

Only to those who are not scientifically sophisticated and learned:

ALL life is nothing but chemistry. Simple as that. And, therefore (because chemistry is fundamental), LIFE is fundamental.

Here.....understand this short video to comprehend abiogenesis (No giant blue humanoid aliens required....oh, where did THEY "come from", eh??):

Not quite. You're missing the big picture.

Our human bodies are simply - containers - for our eternal spirits.

The more diverse the DNA gene pool the longer the containers will last.

--------
When a race is just about to die out people are born with defective DNA and

genetic abnormalities appear.

Cloning helps but just delays the inevitable.

--------
Some people speculate that the Grays have created a human/Gray hybrid race

to extend their own.

Food for thought: DNA is the software of life.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Our human bodies are simply - containers - for our eternal spirits.

Oh, dear.

YOU missed the 'point'.....WE would not have evolved, in order to be "containers" (as you seem to believe) UNLESS the chemistry was there FIRST!!!

Oy, Vey!!!!

I might as well be explaining Calculus to my cat!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

That's another discussion.

Which came first - the chicken - or - the egg- ?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

The EGG....obviously.

Oh, and the chicken evolved from a previous species.....most likely a dinosaur.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

That's another discussion.

Following teaching of Carl Sagan, I would say Cosmos came first.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by PluPerfect

The EGG....obviously.

Oh, and the chicken evolved from a previous species.....most likely a dinosaur.

This reminds me of a scene from Jurassic Park.

- Which came first the - dinosaur - or the - dinosaur egg- ?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

You mean this??:

Again....it's "Hollywood"!!!!

This is NOT 'real-life'.......

...please recognize the difference.......

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

So....anyway.....back to the question.

Which came first the - dinosaur - or the - dinosaur egg -?

---------
Maybe - Henry - the talented genetic engineer created the first embryo in a

plastic egg. The dinosaur broke out and THEN the process just took off !

edit on 14-6-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

It's still universe that came first
(me being correct
)

Interesting, Jeck Horner was mentioning Jurassic Park movie in his Ted Talk video...

And there are chickens and eggs...

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join