It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just saw Prometheus, Indoctrination?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

Ha Ha Ha!

Prometheus in a nutshell

That was a great read!!

Thanks......nailed it!!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

No, not of itself. IF and only if the story line didn't have some "moral imperative". Star Trek as social commentary has always been about the visceral attack on "we think we're so evolved" by "look at how messed up we are". It's always been a: "Come on, we're better than this!"

It's not that history is produced, but that a flavor of history is all that can be produced, and the direction you go with it is how you are trying to flavor the world.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
It is an interesting movie.

Scene 1:-

An empty world, signifying terra forming of earth by the aliens. The one lone engineer by the river was destined to sacrifice himself, to give life, by partaking that medicine from the cannister, as the hovering ship leaves. The engineer goes into seizure, falls into the river and through his body parts breaking apart, his dna flowed into the river, a form of the way darwainism theory came about of men evolving from living creatures, with different DNA composition through its defragmentization over time, spawining different creatures of Earth.

Scene 2.

Archeologists discovers glyps, attesting to those engineers being there after the transformation of creatures to human life, guiding civilisation and showing those human species where the engineers came from.

Scene 3.

The group reaches the destination, experience terra formining there, mapping out the tunnels and saw a recording of the engineers rushing along the tunnel into the embroyic chambers and space ship, with one of them having his head decapitated found by the doorway.

It signifys an accident had happened, and that the substance that they had created may be in danger of creating far more deadly lifeforms than humans they had in mind, made aware by the species that crawls in the mud pools within the chamber. That head that was decapitated was to prevent the substance from growing and allowing its dna to filter down to the species.

Scene 4

The last surviving engineer was a fail safe measure to escape the planet should an accident occur. The other engineers had already died, attacked by the worms. Those worms could not evove info a functioning creature yet because those other engineers had not drink that subtance, and in time, died and turned to dust.

Scene 5

The robot fed the archeologist with the substance, and finally, the creature evolved. The engineer, who escaped from that down craft, became the host for that creature's 2nd stage metamorphasis. He earlier killed the humans because he was aware of the dangers of leaving them alive to return to earth, which being hosts to the worms, will destroy the planet.

That's the twist in the movie, cos everyone is thinking that the humans were trying to prevent that ship from escaping off the planet to go to Earth. The humans made a wrong guess, or at least they died thinking they were right.

The engineers were only trying to flee the planet of deadly worms with the rest of those cannisters of substance in their cargo hold, to prevent it from falling into those worms hands, espacially when the human hosts were already in contact with it.

Scene 6.

With a full blown raptor creature created, it attempts to repair the ship and fly off the planet to search for hosts, as events in the 1st Alien movie portrays. As for the Queen, my guess is that the surviving female human ended up being caught by the creature and turned into a host, as in that movie, and the first creature died to became the famous 'space jockey' in that ship.

Moral of the story

I would agree that the storyline could have better developed and made to be more plausible, but then, it is only a movie. The moral I guess would that humans best not tamper with stuff when they do not know, or do not even attempt to know the full picture, just as what I am doing here, trying to figure out the mind of the director and script writer.

Relax and enjoy the visuals. Gotta give the mind some rest sometime,with what's going on around the world lately..
edit on 12-6-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
At #6 - repairing ship? Where?

From what we saw, ships were operational, and they went into sleep for some strange unexplained reason. (even in case of contamination, why they were not killed later on and why he resumed his mission once awake??)

Don't get me wrong, I love the technology in the movie, special effects, use of skin-tight uniform (on the blonde
), but way to many unexplained and unresolved things in this movie...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRemorse762

The new twist is that not only did they make us but that they are coming back to use a biological weapon to kill us as if we were a mistake or an experiment gone wrong.

Another thought to throw out there is this. What if in the movie we were not seeded here as an experiment but as a food source for something more evolved they were in the process of making? We were obviously less advanced in the movie than these aliens, also smaller and more fragile. Were just food.. lol..

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperFrog
At #6 - repairing ship? Where?

From what we saw, ships were operational, and they went into sleep for some strange unexplained reason. (even in case of contamination, why they were not killed later on and why he resumed his mission once awake??)

Don't get me wrong, I love the technology in the movie, special effects, use of skin-tight uniform (on the blonde
), but way to many unexplained and unresolved things in this movie...

Do remember - the director meant this movie as a prequel to his earlier movie. While we saw nothing of repair or anything else, but based upon the sequel to this movie, the premise would be there.

There is more to this movie, on several levels, if one wishes to look further than 'skin tight clothes on blondes'.

I did enjoy the movie, on a cerebral level, but at the same time, I felt guilty watching it, in comfort, because there were many whom could not afford to watch it....or even have the LIFE left to watch another stunningly visual created movie....such as the homeless, FREE people suffering today in Syria, Iran, China, Russia, etc....

At times like these, I wonder....if mankind whom had been infected and contaminated by the few ruling us with their lust for greed and power, along with and their sheeps, supporting chains around our necks, enslaving us all....should we all be destroyed so that a new dawn arise for the remant surviving humankind to start anew.....
edit on 12-6-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
I was so dissapointed with that film that I have to wonder whether there was another motive for making it.

I'm not sure about your idea that they want us to believe in god though, I always thought they were trying to destroy religion.

Not destroy... replace.

Creator. Yahwey Elohim
Savior. Jesus Christ

It is not the destruction of religion they are after, it is the takeover of religion by replacing it with them as both the creators and savoirs of mankind, they just call the faith you'll believe in "ancient forgotten history" rather then religion; but it is false. Aliens = Demons with a very clear agenda as described in scripture.

God Bless,

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Do remember - the director meant this movie as a prequel to his earlier movie. While we saw nothing of repair or anything else, but based upon the sequel to this movie, the premise would be there.

Not really... we saw that 2 ships did not really require much of repair. (and according to droid, there is more of them)

There is more to this movie, on several levels, if one wishes to look further than 'skin tight clothes on blondes'.

Something must be wrong with my 3D glasses, as I saw only one blonde... But true, she is worth 2 on IMAX screen.

I did enjoy the movie, on a cerebral level, but at the same time, I felt guilty watching it, in comfort, because there were many whom could not afford to watch it....or even have the LIFE left to watch another stunningly visual created movie....such as the homeless, FREE people of Syria, Iran, China, Russia, etc....

Apart from feeling bad for people dyeing every day for many different reasons, I don't see how is this relevant to this movie. Most of those things are out of our reach/help, unfortunately.

At times like these, I wonder....if mankind whom had been infected by the few ruling us and their sheeps, enslaving us all....should we all be destroyed so that a new dawn be arise for the remant surviving humankind.....

Infected.... interesting... I think you might be onto something.... or is just our animal instinct to dominate and enslave... (metaphorically enslave, like for example with monetary debts)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
the mistake was just repeated
Odamna has made beastiality in the baraks leagle
spidergoats anyone?
edit on 10-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

Are you "blaming" Obama for the spider/goat genetic hybridization that was first being reported on in the news as early as 2002?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I just saw the movie Prometheus today and I was very dissapointed in the movie especially since it was directed by Ridley Scott. His first Alien movie was frightening and realistic, and everyone acted logically like you would expect. This film was so full of holes and absurd actions and absurd situations, I don't even know where to start.

It makes me to wonder if Ridley Scott didn't sell out and did indeed just put a theme that TPTB wanted him to put out. He certainly has proved he can make a good movie. It didn't seem like he was even trying to with this one.

This theme of "bad" aliens and the insinuation of an upcoming war with evil extra-terrestrials trying to attack earth and destroy the human race, is such a replayed and rehashed plot and theme in the last 5 years.

It brings my mind to "Operation Blue Beam" which supposedly is a plot to create a realistic but totally fictitious alien event-attack-war with the use of holographic technology etc...

I don't believe it for one second. Someone earlier said that the e.t.'s never left. I'm right with you, and if they never left, and they've been here for decades, hundreds, maybe thousands of years, if they were going to take over the world, don't you think they would have done it by now. Their chances of success dwindle as humans get more technological.

I don't like this trend of conditioning the masses to believe that the e.t. will be hostile and so by disclosing themselves because they figure the governments never will, the government reacts by creating a fictitious electric light show for everyone to believe were under an alien attack.

Even scientists I think are falling under this pressure to cooperate with conditioning us to believe that if e.t.'s are real and they are here, it must be because their hostile and want to destroy us.

Lately, Steven Hawking jumped into the bandwagon saying that e.t.'s would most likely be hostile.

What the hell?

I think it's the other way around. It's the governments who have been hostile and attempting to shoot down and destroy e.t. craft for over 60 years now, and I think the government is prepared if necessary, to prevent the e.t.'s from disclosing themselves, to create a fictitious but very believable E.T. event in which were suddenly at war with e.t.'s.

Wernher von Braun said it back in the 50's., the government has to create an enemy whether real or fictitious, it doesn;t matter. he said first it would be communism, and then it would be terrorism, and then it would be an asteroid, and then the final fictitious enemy would be a fake e.t. invasion of planet earth. He made these statements almost 60 years ago!

REBEL V

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Just watched documentary made while making Prometheus and movie is a bit more logical to me, but it is sad that they were not able to transform their ideas into screen. IMHO, should take 3-4 hours movie to link everything.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebelv
I just saw the movie Prometheus today and I was very dissapointed in the movie especially since it was directed by Ridley Scott. His first Alien movie was frightening and realistic, and everyone acted logically like you would expect. This film was so full of holes and absurd actions and absurd situations, I don't even know where to start.

It makes me to wonder if Ridley Scott didn't sell out and did indeed just put a theme that TPTB wanted him to put out. He certainly has proved he can make a good movie. It didn't seem like he was even trying to with this one.

This theme of "bad" aliens and the insinuation of an upcoming war with evil extra-terrestrials trying to attack earth and destroy the human race, is such a replayed and rehashed plot and theme in the last 5 years.

It brings my mind to "Operation Blue Beam" which supposedly is a plot to create a realistic but totally fictitious alien event-attack-war with the use of holographic technology etc...

I don't believe it for one second. Someone earlier said that the e.t.'s never left. I'm right with you, and if they never left, and they've been here for decades, hundreds, maybe thousands of years, if they were going to take over the world, don't you think they would have done it by now. Their chances of success dwindle as humans get more technological.

I don't like this trend of conditioning the masses to believe that the e.t. will be hostile and so by disclosing themselves because they figure the governments never will, the government reacts by creating a fictitious electric light show for everyone to believe were under an alien attack.

Even scientists I think are falling under this pressure to cooperate with conditioning us to believe that if e.t.'s are real and they are here, it must be because their hostile and want to destroy us.

Lately, Steven Hawking jumped into the bandwagon saying that e.t.'s would most likely be hostile.

What the hell?

I think it's the other way around. It's the governments who have been hostile and attempting to shoot down and destroy e.t. craft for over 60 years now, and I think the government is prepared if necessary, to prevent the e.t.'s from disclosing themselves, to create a fictitious but very believable E.T. event in which were suddenly at war with e.t.'s.

Wernher von Braun said it back in the 50's., the government has to create an enemy whether real or fictitious, it doesn;t matter. he said first it would be communism, and then it would be terrorism, and then it would be an asteroid, and then the final fictitious enemy would be a fake e.t. invasion of planet earth. He made these statements almost 60 years ago!

REBEL V

Not bad. You're close.

The US government has been shooting them down because they were violating

our airspace. Now that we have caught up to them and even surpassed them in

technology, it's not necessary. We have simply taught them how to treat us.

--- Stop - ask for permission - then go where you want to go ---

Now we are here in 2012 and it's actually quite peaceful over Earth.

----------------------------------
Back to the movie - Prometheus -.

The reviews sound like the reviews from Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith.

This is a SCI - FI action flick. It's not Gone With The Wind.

I would give it 4 out of 5 Stars. This movie has BLU-RAY written all over it.

Great special effects. The plot and acting were just okay. I think it could have

used a better editing guy.

They got the design of the starship Prometheus all wrong but that's another thread.

edit on 13-6-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

Could you please link to this:

Just watched documentary made while making Prometheus...

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by PluPerfect

Thanks in advance.

documentary about what?making of the movie?

elaborate please

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMSAM

Originally posted by PluPerfect

Thanks in advance.

elaborate please

There are 9 videos at movies.yahoo.com and a few are documentary.

You should go watch all 9.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by rebelv

I believe you to be over-analyzing this.

Please just look into the history of the script development, and also look into how things ACTUALLY work in Hollywood, and how studios make the decision to "green light" projects.

It is TOTALLY about the money-making possibilities, each time....less and less about the "artistry" aspect (unless you look at "independent" films, and look to the SunDance Film Festival which helps to showcase such efforts).

There is a show on an Internet-based media outlet called "Hulu"....not sure if "Hulu" is viewable in countries other than the USA....(I hope so, but not sure). Anyway, comedian Kevin Smith has recently started his own 'show' called "Spoilers", which 'airs' exclusively on "Hulu" ('airs' being in quotes, because it is only available on-line).

Premise is: Kevin Smith (if you do not know who he is, research "Jay and Silent Bob".....he, Kevin, is "Silent Bob"....).....

...back to the premise of his show. Kevin Smith takes a group of people to watch a current motion picture, then tapes their interview reactions. In his latest installment, the group watched "Prometheus"....and, as the guest for the segment, the screenwriter OF "Prometheus", Damon Lindelof was on hand.

Here is a link, for all who are able to watch (it's FREE!!!):

"Ridley Me This, Fatman"

ENJOY!! (If you can....)....and remember......In space, NO ONE can hear you SCREAM!!

edit on 13-6-2012 by PluPerfect because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath

Originally posted by Danbones
the mistake was just repeated
spidergoats anyone?
edit on 10-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

Are you "blaming" Obama for the spider/goat genetic hybridization that was first being reported on in the news as early as 2002?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

please refer to the recent NDAA
while slightly misspelt, I think the actual words in the quote spoke quite clearly for them selves

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD

Originally posted by VoidHawk
I was so dissapointed with that film that I have to wonder whether there was another motive for making it.

I'm not sure about your idea that they want us to believe in god though, I always thought they were trying to destroy religion.

Not destroy... replace.

Creator. Yahwey Elohim
Savior. Jesus Christ

It is not the destruction of religion they are after, it is the takeover of religion by replacing it with them as both the creators and savoirs of mankind, they just call the faith you'll believe in "ancient forgotten history" rather then religion; but it is false. Aliens = Demons with a very clear agenda as described in scripture.

God Bless,

Spot on.
How many posts each and every day are made on ATS alone by people, mainly young, that not only categorically believe that they were either our creator or had a hand in our creation via something like genetic mutation, and the many posts by people claiming that they are here to SAVE us.

Sadly, they can't see the swap. It should be a red flag, but it's not.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMSAM

elaborate please

Yes, documentary about making of the movie with interviews, ideas, building of the sets, shots at scenes... It was on HBO last night, I did not catch the name as my DVR was powered down just before I watched it, and I could not get the full name (must be behind the scenes or something like that).

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Sorry but......your post, and the one that you replied to, just solidified my disappointment with the script, in "Prometheus".

The premise is flawed, from the outset!! HOW did I not see this before?!?!?

(Full disclosure....at the theatre where I saw the film, there were technical issues, and I missed the first few minutes of the opening.....I GATHER that it involved....(SPOILER ALERT!! Do NOT keep reading past this point!!...

....OK, I gather that it involved the silly notion that the primordial Earth was somehow "seeded" by these "aliens giants". In order to, ultimately, make "US". ("US" = Humans).

Well, that is just stupid.

The genetic and DNA evidence is quite solid....showing the long-term progression of evolution on this planet....and the genetic connections of Human DNA to many, many, many other species...also indigenous to the Earth.

RIGHT THERE, this "prequel" to the original iconic film "Alien" falls flat on its face.....

Disappointing.....now that I think about it......

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join