It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEXISM on ATS!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Although I can see your point as posted in your OP and I agree its an issue, I honestly think you have done nothing to help the situation. You simply turned it around to the Female side attacking the Male side. This does not help the cause nor does it help with anything but continuing the duality the Human race has created in sexism. Might I suggest the course of action be to see us all as conscious beings and not sexes to begin with? Sexism is simply a distraction from us becoming one as a people, to keep us fighting and unequal. I could not care less if you are a Female, Male, or Reptilian, honestly, as it does not matter in the least bit. Are we not all conscious beings trying to learn and progress through a life of physical reality?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
That's why its better to remain ambiguous on the internet. No one needs to know what gender, race, age, sexual preference, religion or nationality everyone is.

We're words on a screen—that's it.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Define sexism.

You see, that's one thing I've noticed about these stupid rant threads.

Everybody complains about something, but never gives any specific example about what it is they're whining about.

So really this is much ado about nothing at all.

Like many of these rants are.

If you don't like what a poster says, alert the mods and explain your concern.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

What is sexism?? Good question. I'm not usually one to moan, I'm a lads sort of girl, I can drink you under the table, tell you more about the English prem league than most blokes, I'm accomplished in electrics, decorating, my right hook has took out a few men.... I can deal with the cooking and cleaning jokes and banter, because all you men know you won't be able to make comments like that in a few generations, I can deal with period jokes, hormones, interiour design, and some of the emotional qualities that come with being a woman...

I *will not* tolerate being told to close my legs to prevent pregnancies, when it TAKES 2 TANGO!

Defined enough?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I think you will find this is a rant, and is in the appropriate forum.

Yea! Let's not discuss racism, because we'll make that worse to... Aye?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Originally posted by Sinny
Me and a few other female members where just told to close our legs, (the eugenics thread), who the hell do you think you are sitting behind your key board, tossing around your insults?!

I don't know about you, but in other threads about abortion rights, women's and men's rights, etc, I and other women have told men, "If you're not ready to be responsible for a child, then keep it in your pants". That's exactly the same thing. Is it sexism? I don't think so. It's not happy, complimentary language, but it's not sexist as there's nothing discriminatory about it.

I know this is a rant and you're welcome to it.
I just wanted to say my piece.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
@ FS, I completely understand your view point, howevere for those who said it may be better for avatars to remain indifferent... That's your personal choice, I however agree with the notion that we shouldn't remain anonymous on the net, that makes us another number... I use the net for a lot of reasons, and I want people to know I'm a 20 year old woman from the heary of England that disagree with a lot things in the world.

I'm not just anyone random... I AM ME!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Actually, no, that doesn't sound like sexism to me.

It sound like religious nonsense to control a woman's behavior to me.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Erm.. No.

I wouldn't regard that as sexism, as now its written in the law that all farthers have a legal responsibilty to care for their children, that's just darn good advice!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Now your taking *sexism* and giving it a new name

He used his post in a complete sexist manner and not a religeous context.

Why is this even up for debate

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Because not everyone is going to agree on what sexism is. It is different things to different people.

Usually it's just one gender blaming the other for their woes with a lot of shouting in between.

And that is not true sexism.

At least as far as I know.

And you started it.

edit on 9-6-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Yea, I agree everybody has a different take on everything..

What's sexism? What's racism? What's fasicism? What's God? Is it a Liger or a Tigon?

I'm not discussing fringe issues here, I'm discussing the fact that all women got told to close their legs!!

That's just blatant sexism.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Sinny I am a man and I

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Agarta

I think you will find this is a rant, and is in the appropriate forum.

Did I insinuate it was anything else? I don't remember stating anything to the contrary. Is this simply a random statement to fill your first line?

Yea! Let's not discuss racism, because we'll make that worse to... Aye?

As this IS the rant forum I will assume that this statement like your OP are based on emotion rather than logic, and obviously you have missed my point. Your rant is about males using sexism against the Female. If you where truly against sexism the rant would have been about sexism across the board not taking sides. BY ALL MEANS discuss it, it is an issue but it is the separation, the battle between the duality that continues it. This is what you have done. In my mind it should have been done in a neutral way complaining about how the dualities come at each other and how it needs to stop. Not simply taking sides and complaining about the other. You have taken the perpetrator role rather than the role of one who truly wants to address and fix the situation. I understand how hard it is to see logic through emotion and obviously you are emotional and rightly so as they have no right attacking their opposite sex with down grades but to attack in kind only adds to the issue.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

I agree proto! Ying and Yang, Left and Right! We couldn't function with one without the other

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Aha! Take your argument else where, you said in lamens terms my post would cause more trouble than its worth, which is why I highlighted it was a rant... A rant based onn my own recent encounter of sexism towards women... And not over all

Bite me!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

And whenever a man complains about women in any fashion, the women on this site pretty much tell him to shut up because all women everywhere are being oppressed by men and it's all men's fault they're in this mess.

It works both ways.

But people will only see one side, their side.

The biggest problem is nobody ever policies their side when their members are doing deplorable behaviors. Christians never protest Fred Phelps. Women never protest other women. And so on.

And it'll never stop.

So these kinds of rants are useless.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Well... If that's the road you want to go down, I have history on my side !

Can men be blamed for oppresion of women??

Is the Pope Catholic??

Case closed.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Actually some people believe the Pope is the Antichrist.

So the case is not closed.

But this isn't about oppression, it's about sexism.

Which you imply it's only men to women.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Agarta

Aha! Take your argument else where, you said in lamens terms my post would cause more trouble than its worth, which is why I highlighted it was a rant... A rant based onn my own recent encounter of sexism towards women... And not over all

Bite me!

Ah yes the immaturity comes out as well as the twisting of words. This is a common reaction with illogical thought. Instead of taking a second to evaluate what was said and understanding the next level of dealing with this issue you choose to spit out aggression and attack those that have gone beyond the need for the duality. You seem to be stuck in your advancement as a person. That's okay, one day you may figure it out. I for one have the faith that the Human race may finally come to understand that dualities separate us and that it is in our best interest to rise above it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join