It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEXISM on ATS!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Hahahaha now the Popes an anti-christ! Why on earth am I trying to have an adult conversation on ATS?!

And no I *DIDNT* say sexism was a one way street, so stop typing your own words on my screen!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Define adult conversation.

It's an impossible thing because there is no such thing as an adult, especially on the internet.

You get your words off of my screen.

And yes yo did imply that.

You just made another useless rant that accomplishes nothing and doesn't change anyone else's minds.

And yes, it has been claimed that the pope is the Antichrist. Do a google if you don't believe me.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I'm a girl. That bloke on the left is my eye candy, and I change him regularly because I like a bit of variety. There's too many clever looking avatars on ATS and not enough eye candy ones for my liking, so I have to make my own. Sorry you boys if that sounds like sexism.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Only kidding..

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I wouldn't regard that as sexism

Of course you wouldn't. :shk:

Telling a woman to "close her legs" and telling a man to "keep it in his pants" is exactly the same thing. If you see them as different, you're being biased.

Originally posted by Sinny
Me and a few other female members where just told to close our legs

And you go on to say:

Suck my proverbial!!

...while ranting about sexist, insulting posts...

This gives real feminists a bad name. Yes, real feminists, like me, who believe that women should be eligible for combat roles and men should have an "abortion option".

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Ohh gauudd now the feminist issues have arrived

The "put it in your pants" comment was followed by "if your not ready for "kids"

The "close your legs" comment was general.

See the difference?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Your going to take every answer I give and put a philisophical spin on it. I'm done conversing with you, surely you can see the merry go round we're on?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It was a retarded thing to say, though.

This is one attitude I don't get, that why it's okay for men to spread their wild oats around but women can't enjoy sex or have multiple partners.

I do blame religion for this, because it is primarily the religious who believe this junk.

If it's okay for men, then it should be okay for women.

What's fair is fair.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Originally posted by Sinny
Ohh gauudd now the feminist issues have arrived

Oh, I thought sexism against women was a feminist issue. I see you don't agree.

The "put it in your pants" comment was followed by "if your not ready for "kids"

The "close your legs" comment was general.

See the difference?

No. But I'll go now and leave you to your rant. Sorry for the interruption.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Well the *key* point you missed was some one giving a male good advice, compared to a man calling women whores.

I really have to point this out?? I don't really like the term feminist, there's no male counterpart,women and men can discuss things with out lables.

How's that for all you knitpickers?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

There's nothing wrong with being philosophical or even giving a different take on any given topic.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Now you've well and truly lost me

Gonna grab dinner, speak soon.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

No I agree, but as I say, your gonna take me on a merry-go-round ride.. When you keep asking me for higher meaning of things!
edit on 9-6-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Actually, yes there is a male counterpart to feminism.

It's called masculinism.

Here's the wiki on it if you're interested:

en.wikipedia.org...

An excerp:

Masculism, (also known as masculinism), is the advocacy of the rights or needs of men. [1] Masculism is a movement organized around the belief in equality between the sexes.[citation needed] It opposes prejudice and discrimination against men as well as women.[citation needed] Prominent supporters of masculism are Warren Farrell, Jack Kammer and other activists of the men's rights movement.[2]

The term masculinism was coined as the counterpart of feminism in the early 20th century.[3] The shortened form masculism appeared shortly after, and became more common in the 1980s.[4] The masculist political movement originated with E. Belfort Bax's 1913 The Fraud of Feminism.[5] The term masculism itself gained currency in the late 20th century, particularly in the 1990s as advocated by authors such as Warren Farrell and Jack Kammer, in the context of changing gender roles in society.[2]

Masculism may also refer to antifeminism.[3] It may also refer to "the advocacy of male superiority and dominance".[6]

BTW, I'm no advocate for gender superiority for either gender.

An equal playing field gives us all a fair chance, based on ability alone, and not on stupidly defined gender roles by a bunch of stuffy people.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

A proper discussion has actual definitions and not generalizations and vague sayings.

And is not just ranting that somebody insulted me.

if somebody is insulting to you, with which I truly am not trying to be, take it to the mods.

Rants really accomplish nothing.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Thank you for bringing that into the conversation, as it shows that there are Males of this world who believe in equality of both sexes, but what I find interesting is that it is simply the Male side of a Female movement in todays day and age. Way back when it was known as a Matriarchal Society.

Most people look at the fact that we currently live in a Patriarchal society and make the assumption that a Matriarchal society is the opposite or a Feminine based society. In fact it is a balanced society in which all peoples are considered equal with the same responsibilities and choices as any other, they stand side by side.

For more information you can see my theory post here... 2012: A Theory in Cycular Progression

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

So you've stated like 4 times now

My rant doesn't have a higher purpose LOL it was merely to rant! Or vent! It ended like an hour ago, now I'm replying for your sake aha

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Ah well, c'est la vie.

No hard feelings.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

No hard feelings

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I'm with ya Sinny! While I don't generally travel the route of Feminists because I believe many of them have gone too far and lost sight of the prize which is equality, male chauvinism and sexism never died and is making quite a comeback. It's very visible here though I haven't been directly confronted with it, I see it a lot. Mostly in the form of everything is just fine as is don't go stirring pots, the same logic that defends or is in denial of it's racism, homophobia, islamophobia so on and so on. The only thing we can do is just keep doing what we do and not apologize for it or temper it, call it out like you have and get the good ole boys frothing at the mouth.

RAWR!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join