It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEXISM on ATS!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
STOP WITH THE FEEKKING SEXISM!!

I encounter it every other day, and to be quite frank, its gettin on my tits!!

The mods seem to let it slide most the time, why's this?

Me and a few other female members where just told to close our legs, (the eugenics thread), who the hell do you think you are sitting behind your key board, tossing around your insults?!

These sexist males on this site are probably sad, old, balding men, you can keep on tossing!! Just stop tossing your insults

Seriously, if this weren't via the internet I'd deck the lot of ya, as G.I Jane would say:

Suck my proverbial!!
edit on 9-6-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

You are the second person in a matter of minutes to say "getting on my tits"

wassupwiththat?!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Its the way the human mind has evolved I guess
ahaa

One clocks on, and the rest will follow!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
STOP WITH THE FEEKKING SEXISM!!

I encounter it every other day, and to be quite frank, its gettin on my tits!!

The mods seem to let it slide most the time, why's this?

Me and a few other female members where just told to close our legs, (the eugenics thread), who the do you think you are sitting behind your key board, tossing around your insults?!

These sexist males on this site are probably sad, old, balding men, you can keep on tossing!! Just stop tossing your insults

Seriously, if this weren't via the internet I'd deck the lot of ya, as G.I Jane would say:

Suck my proverbial!!

sounds like someones on the rag!!!! lol just joking, i saw an opening and took it, but yea sexism sucks, i love women

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Between cleaning and cooking how do you have any extra time to post on ABS?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Great lets go tomorroooooow

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Sinny

You are the second person in a matter of minutes to say "getting on my tits"

wassupwiththat?!

Tis a quaint colloquialism originating in northern europe, namely the UK and Ireland, but, I may add, can be used by both men and women

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Those posts were removed once alerted.

We do not allow sexism, but we need members to alert those posts so we can take care of them.

Sexism is a two way street however, and not only the girls of ATS have to deal with it.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Which (Eugenics thread?

I went into search but could not find a current thread on eugenics.

Please provide link...thanks!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Its the one on the main bored at the moment, pro science, birth defects... Something or another

Sorry, within in the thread its now reffered to as "eugenics"

As Tenth just said the comment was snipped, happy hunting!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
You know, Sinny, that is why I chose a name and avatar which is neither male nor female. For some reason, many of the males who post on the net tend to react differently if they know they are communicating with a female. I noticed this issue years ago when I used to do battle on the Yahoo message boards. I had two personas (male and female). There was no difference in my posting style or content, just using two different names. The male persona got lots of thumbs up and "right on dude" comments, the female persona was attacked and put down, told I was a "dizzy broad" and insulted sexually.

Trying to eliminate sexism in males is like throwing rocks at a tidal wave. I'd rather be judged on the basis of what I post, rather than cloud the issue by confusing the younger male posters with the idea that they are actually communicating with a female. Sad but true.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
You know, Sinny, that is why I chose a name and avatar which is neither male nor female. For some reason, many of the males who post on the net tend to react differently if they know they are communicating with a female. I noticed this issue years ago when I used to do battle on the Yahoo message boards. I had two personas (male and female). There was no difference in my posting style or content, just using two different names. The male persona got lots of thumbs up and "right on dude" comments, the female persona was attacked and put down, told I was a "dizzy broad" and insulted sexually.

Trying to eliminate sexism in males is like throwing rocks at a tidal wave. I'd rather be judged on the basis of what I post, rather than cloud the issue by confusing the younger male posters with the idea that they are actually communicating with a female. Sad but true.

As an earlier poster mentioned sexism is a two-way street but I believe that.......your cat looks like a bloke to me.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

That's a really goog example FS

I've found the same pattern my self, for some reason a lot of people thought I was male, even taking into account the avatar

I've spent the last month or so clarifying that I am female, and reactions to my posts have changed...

I'm not one to hide behind an avatar though, you will know I am a woman, and you will be force fed my thoughts! Lol
edit on 9-6-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

One hundred percent THIS ^^^!!! What you said Sinny!

And the double standard is real. I have seen some of most vile rationals, filthy accusations, despicable stereotypes, insulting and degrading epitaphs. Woman being spoken of as if they're spittoons that their men lay claim to, draws my ire.

Once, I accused a loudly outspoken and extremely vile poster of "vagina envy." I was fined 2000 ATS points, while the poster's offensive comments were scrubbed from the thread, without a mod warning or T&C violation graphic. I was like WTF?
Of course, it was an anti-abortion thread, and I was on the wrong side of the argument.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Haha Vagina Envy! I love it!

Ohh I see... I'm personally pro... But we all think out of the goodness of our hearts aye?

And yes, sexism may be a 2 way street... But to be fair, I can't even *remember* the last time I heard a sexist remark about a bloke? All their faults go with out saying!
hehe

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

LOL! Exactly. He is dressed like a bit like General George Washington. Since he is dressed like a bloke, therefore, most posters assume that I am one, too.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
But see what we got going on here? Fellow female ATSers, choosing not to annouce they're female, just for the sake of less hassle.

I want to know who the women are! Ya know, so we can have girl chats
lol

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Well, good on you, Miss Sinny! Fight the good fight and remember, a woman can take a hit "below the belt" much better than a man can.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

There was a particular member here a while ago who got caught out pretending to be a young girl.

Turned out "she" was a middle aged man and he felt he could spread his message better if people thought he was a young, attractive female.

Was a bit creepy!

Personally, I don't get why so many people are hung up on such things, I don't care if someone is female, black, Jewish, white or athiest!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I never miss an opportunity to announce that I am female. Those who have been on ATS long enough remember that I am. It is not "hiding", it is a non-issue with me, so there is no need to make a big deal about it. I understand the dichotomy in most people's minds when it comes to judging male vs. female quite well, and I am trying to get around that unnecessary stupidity.

If you did a poll now on ATS, I'll bet you'll find quite a few women with gender-neutral avatars. I personally like my kitty avatar, General Tab E. Katt, and haven't changed it because that is how most people know me on here. To assume that I must use a gender-obvious avatar is the very definition of sexism, and I won't buy into it.

I am on here to share my thoughts and any research I come across. Whether I was born with a V or a P is besides the point.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join