It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miami police warn of new drug after grisly attack (cannibalism involved)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Bath Salts have been around for a long time. They started getting popular with High School kids in Florida about 3 years ago, and after a couple of violent incidences our Atty General Pam Bondi issued an order banning their sale. Last year the legislature pushed through a bill and made them completely illegal.

They used to sell them at convenience stores and head shops, but not any longer.

The weird thing is when they were legal, there were very few attacks, now that they are illegal the violence is getting worse.
Probably a case of tainted drugs, or homemade drugs that are more dangerous than the legal kid were.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by subfab

It is too soon to tell, right now I'm just putting the idea out there that these drugs could be what is causing the recent rise in cannibalism.

I believe all these canabalistic events are due to demonic possession , Jesus warned us in the last days it would be like in the time of Noah . God destroyed the world in the time of Noah because of the Giants, which were created from the fallen angels mating with the woman of man. These giants ATE PEOPLE , because they were of an unholy union God banished them to this world as demonic spirits .

The book of Revelation chapter nine tells us of the fifth trump sounding and the pit being opened allowing all this inter demensional evil upon man kind . I was given a dream two months ago were I was taken above the earth and shown this pit and that it was to be opened . I normally fear nothing and this scared me beyond any fear I have ever felt in my life . You can take this as you will but this is my belief of why this evil is happening.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
This is a huge crock of BS. It NOT the bath salts, it is something Baxters labs and Rockefeller or the like had concocted.

In order to be "blaming the bathsalts" it would mean, BATH SALTS ARE REALLY GOOD TO SOAK IN,maybe even helps detox the body.

PERIOD. That is what our world is like.

Unity, once again you miss the whole point of something.. It's not real Bath Salts like you'd think of if you were going to go for a nice long soak in the tub, they are just called bath Salts to avoid being prosecuted and seized by customs officials. These things are as far removed from the traditional Bath Salt that you would soak in as Salt is from Sugar. Just because they name it that doesn't mean it's really that...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Azadok2day

I think you're on to something. All the sounds in the sky's the last couple of years. And all of those sinkholes just showing up...

We're in for a rough ride.

On topic: I don't believe bath salts did this, if anything it was a combination of bath salts and other things to go along with an individual that was already mentally disturbed.

... Or it's Lucifer.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Just a thought...

We keep referring to this as cannibalism but we've also got to remember that these events didn't involve murdering someone and butchering them and cooking them, as with most cannibalistic tribes, this was people eating the flesh of another living being during an attack.

There is, to me, a distinction between someone like Dahlmer and the miami guy, the miami guy was obviously in a state of insanity, chewing a mans face off and growling at police, is not a sane thing to do. If fact, I'd be surprised if some how the guy was even aware he was eating a humans face.

By definition both acts are cannibalism, but this one surely doesn't count as a pre-meditated "I'm gonna eat that guy" type of thing.

Some type of psychosis was involved, more than likely, a drug induced one.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
There is a common denominator here somewhere.

This has me intrigued, I am half tempted to volunteer myself in the name of science just see what these supposed "bath salts" do. I would just need to find out a little more about the drug and find some people that could restrain me if need be.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
you know for a forum full of people who consider themselves researchers there are some ignorant people here, it is not just anytype of bath salts it is a certain kind containg certain kinds of synthetic ingrediants, if you go to the many drug forums it is easy to look up the effects of this drug by people who have used it.

i used erowid , this site will give experiances of very knowledgeable users,the "bath salts" are giving people a high similair to a mixture of '___' and PCP , when i see hardened drug users saying "bath salts" scared the # out of them it reinforces how bad this drug really is.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burnittotheground
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

This stuff?? Desomorphine? Mmm nothing gets me viens hotter than opiates and red phosphorus :S
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Apparently...

Since the home-made mix is routinely injected immediately with little or no further purification, "krokodil" has become notorious for producing severe tissue damage, phlebitis and gangrene, sometimes requiring limb amputation in long-term users[10]. The amount of tissue damage is so high that addicts' life expectancies are said to be as low as two to three years.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

As for other responses, let's see... it could very well be a mix of different legally synthesized drugs that are causing the problem. Who knows. Although I think something is going on, there are no definite answers yet.

Also, even though this is cannibalism, it does kind of make cannibalism look like heaven in comparison. These are situations where people are probably experiencing extreme psychosis, delusional thinking and eating people alive for some reason... people that would never even consider doing that kind of thing normally.

As for testing this on myself, well, I'm usually up for experimentation but messing with cannibalism crosses a line for me. I already had a nightmare last night that someone had laced the weed at a party with this stuff. Just make sure you have a few sober people with ropes and tasers around.
edit on 8-6-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by subfab

It is too soon to tell, right now I'm just putting the idea out there that these drugs could be what is causing the recent rise in cannibalism.

Husch, don't spoil the "very apparent and covered up" zombie-threat with boring and mundane explanations like that.

Don't you know that it is a serious zombie-infection rapidly spreading around the World, covered up by the Government?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
I will also never understand why people want to get high with stuff that makes you do things like this!

drugs don't make anybody do anything its when weak minded people do drugs and there mind cant handle it. before anyone takes a mind altering substance they are sober, so when a sober mind decides to take drugs its not drugs making that decision its the person. im sick of people blaming stuff on drugs and alcohol, for every drug and alcohol related incident there was a sober person that decided to use drugs and alcohol

on a side note i was watching the face eating in Miami from the beginning and the story seemed to changed every time there was a new report, i think its a cover up for something that the ptb don't want us to know

edit on 8-6-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

The bath salts might alter the state of mind of an individual, but the catalyst is the current mental state of the individual. Your thoughts determine your high, and that goes for any substance which alters the over 3 billion chemical reactions taking place in the body every second.

It's threads like these where this petty drug T&C needs an exception for educational purposes ONLY. Spreading knowledge and awareness, not advocating it, will help educate the community as a whole. Seriously, we all have free will; no one can influence us to do something we don't want to.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
hers the 411 on 'bath salts from wikipedia.

Ivory Wave, also known as Cloud 9,[1] Ivory Coast, Ivory Snow,[2] Red Dove,[2] Purple Wave and Vanilla Sky, is a name applied to a recreational drug reported to be used in the United Kingdom, Australia and the United States of America.[3][4][5] The constituent chemicals of the drug have not been consistently identified.

Adverse effects

The drug has been reported to cause adverse effects similar to those experienced with other amphetamine-like drugs, including heart and circulatory problems as well as agitation, hallucinations and fits. Hyperthermia, renal failure, and alterations in blood pressure may also occur.[11]

Reports have been made that numerous cases of cannibalistic "Zombie" attacks in America were commited by people who had used Ivory Wave

hope this helps!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I wonder what would happen if you actually used them for bathing?

Would you eat yerself? Boy if I was a hotdog I sure would...I just love hotdogs

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fisherr
Maybe it's this drug with a convincing conversation about zombies or what not

Scopolamine does not have that effect on people its urban legend and lure its used to treat motion sickness. People need to start doing research on topics before they just start throwing out statements.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandHeretic

Deppending on the active ingredient you could feel the effects as some compounds are reddialy absored threw the skin. But cannibalism is not a common effect of any know psychoactive substance. This was not soley the work of a compound (If at all) but an adverse reaction to a preexisting condition of a subject. Any one who tells you X compound have cannibalism as an effect has an agenda at hand.
edit on 8-6-2012 by BriGuyTM90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gixxer
you know for a forum full of people who consider themselves researchers there are some ignorant people here, it is not just anytype of bath salts it is a certain kind containg certain kinds of synthetic ingrediants, if you go to the many drug forums it is easy to look up the effects of this drug by people who have used it.

i used erowid , this site will give experiances of very knowledgeable users,the "bath salts" are giving people a high similair to a mixture of '___' and PCP , when i see hardened drug users saying "bath salts" scared the # out of them it reinforces how bad this drug really is.

I agree with you there are a bunch of people that take a piece of information and run with it with out back checking it first. Also these Bath Salts are a home mixture of what could really be anything. Moral of the story dont put anything into your body food/drink/OTC headache meds. unless you know exactly whats in it and its effects on the human body. END OF STORY

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Why cant people accept the dude was on some kind of drug?

Why does there have to be a conspiracy in everything? its got to the point of ridiculous.

The guy was obviously hallucinating and like someone else said probably saw the other guys face as a plate of bacon.

Im just glad I did good old fashioned drugs! times have changed- new drugs are #e.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen
Why cant people accept the dude was on some kind of drug?

Why does there have to be a conspiracy in everything? its got to the point of ridiculous.

The guy was obviously hallucinating and like someone else said probably saw the other guys face as a plate of bacon.

Im just glad I did good old fashioned drugs! times have changed- new drugs are #e.

I don't buy the drug theory for a number of reasons. Mainly because it's never before (at least exactly like this) happened before or been reported, and there are multiple instances all of a sudden. The authorities seem extremely quick to say what the cause is (drugs) before any autopsies/toxicology reports.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Bathsalts are nothing new. They have been around for years. The most 2 common types sold are in the amphetamine family and can induce psychosis like any other stimulant. The guy in Miami probably hallucinated and saw a face as a plate of bacon. WHO KNOWS.

I know. Amphetamines are a major appetite suppressant. In fact you'd probably rather puke than eat. Just because one is hallucinating does not automatically indicate that one believes what one is seeing.
edit on 8/6/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: changed to a quote for readability

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Just an FYI "Bath Salts" is a generic term of a number of Analog substanc The name Bath Salts is because many of the substance come from China and they ship these substance as other substances so not to attract attention. Before Bath salts it was "plant food" These substance fall under many different classifications of drugs, have different effects, and different chemical structures. Can we dump the term "Bath Salts" until we know what substance is being referenced? It's like saying someone freaked out from drinking Booze.

As I said many of these chemicals are produced in China I beg everyone to remember China cant be trusted to produce childrens toys that are safe. These are mind altering chemicals we are talking about not dollar store cap guns. People who will eat chemicals of unknown origins are idiots. Darwin in effect.

People have been trying to alter their perception since the dawn of time. Laws against it are ineffective. People will just move on to something else when it's all said and done.

Toxicology results or it didnt happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join