It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miami police warn of new drug after grisly attack (cannibalism involved)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Miami police warn of new drug after grisly attack

news.yahoo.com

Miami police have warned of a potent new mind-altering drug called "Cloud Nine," after a snarling homeless man threatened to eat two officers a week after a grisly face-gnawing attack.

The ecstasy-like drug is part of a new line of over-the-counter "bath salts" implicated in an attack last week in which a growling naked man chewed off most of a homeless man's face before being shot dead by police.

The case "bears resemblance to an incident that occurred in the city of Miami last week, when a male ate another man's face," a police memo to officers warned.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com
news.discovery.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Another Case of Cannibalism, This Time Out of Baltimore
Beheading victim was being eatin on bus!
edit on 8-6-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
You guys! I think I accidentally just found the cause of the recent wave of cannibalism. Someone posted this story on their Facebook wall, and I made the connection right away to the other recent attacks involving eating human flesh.

To see what I mean, check out the related threads on other cannibal attacks. Also check out the news links.

news.yahoo.com

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

so, has a toxicology report come out regarding the miami face eating dude?

was it bath salts?

i am holding off on believing the bath salt story until i see the report.

good find... star and flag

-subfab

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
So, you're saying you believe it was bath salt that made Eugene become a crazy cannibal ?

Cause I don't believe it for a second

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
And we all thought that "another plant that grows tall in closets around the globe" gave you the "Munchies"...

I firmly believe that something like this has to be one of the main causes. I know that view is not popular with ZA lovers, but I just don't think it's going to happen. I will also never understand why people want to get high with stuff that makes you do things like this!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
A lot of us thought it was bath salts or PCP.. but the question has been : why does it spark cannibalism? Why cannibalism in particular? Interesting for sure. The call from the police to beware of homeless discounts the real problem.. and its not the homeless. Its whomever can afford the bath salts and thats everyone.

+1 more 
link   
Yeah "Bath Salts" are legal and you can buy them at most head shops nowadays (along with synthetic cannibus)

Not gonna lie when I heard about it I went and bought some, figured I'd give it a shot.

...I didn't lose my mind and/or eat anybody. A lot of cases of drug-related violence or psychosis has more to do with the user's natural brain chemistry. If someone is prone to schizophrenia, a drug like '___' can easily push them over the edge.

Some people are naturally imbalanced enough to rape and kill with no chemical stimulation
edit on 8-6-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by subfab

It is too soon to tell, right now I'm just putting the idea out there that these drugs could be what is causing the recent rise in cannibalism.

+4 more 
link   
Or its just good old propaganda. You know in the 1930's they told us that a very minute drug would make you kill and rape your family. I will give you a hint the drug is green.

link   

Originally posted by darkbake

You guys! I think I accidentally just found the cause of the recent wave of cannibalism. Someone posted this story on their Facebook wall, and I made the connection right away to the other recent attacks involving eating human flesh.

To see what I mean, check out the related threads on other cannibal attacks. Also check out the news links.

news.yahoo.com

YOU just found out that bath salts are being blamed for the cannibalizing attacks?

Have you not picked up a paper, turned on the TV, or read the countless threads here on ATS blaming bath salts for the recent wave of attacks?

You didn't come up with a new theory.......
edit on 8-6-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Thanks for your report. That's good information.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

reply to post by subfab

It is too soon to tell, right now I'm just putting the idea out there that these drugs could be what is causing the recent rise in cannibalism.

No its not, the drug was created in 1969, has floated around since then. In 2005 a big boom came and then it started to be sold in head shops. Then was made illegal in 2011 Now they are just putting out propaganda to keep it illegal. Its under a 1 year illegal bind.

People are brain washed by hollywood way to easy.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Maybe it's this drug with a convincing conversation about zombies or what not

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
For those who disagree its the bath salts, what do you think it is that would cause a person to become a cannibal when they have never shown the proclivity toward it previously? I certainly have NO idea. I wonder if it concerns the chemistry of a combination of drugs.. not the bath salts alone.. stimulating the limbic and reptile region of the brain.. or some other agent that we havent looked into. I guess I wonder out of all of the cannibalism cases.. what is are the like things that each person took, ate, etc. I bet we will never know.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

reply to post by Hawking

Thanks for your report. That's good information.

No problem, sometimes you've got to learn things firsthand.

Bath salts are somewhat dangerous though as they have dissociative qualities similar to PCP.

But anyone who's going to try an unregulated substance should be careful, do all the research they can first, and start with extremely small dosages. Clearly none of the people found committing crimes like this did any of those things

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Guys.

There's no drug that's gonna make you SO HIGH you wanna EAT A PERSON'S FACE. It's definitely too soon to say what is going on as someone already pointed it out but do NOT be fooled into believing that drugs caused this. The forces of evil have been loosed upon the world....

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
For those who disagree its the bath salts, what do you think it is that would cause a person to become a cannibal when they have never shown the proclivity toward it previously? I certainly have NO idea. I wonder if it concerns the chemistry of a combination of drugs.. not the bath salts alone.. stimulating the limbic and reptile region of the brain.. or some other agent that we havent looked into. I guess I wonder out of all of the cannibalism cases.. what is are the like things that each person took, ate, etc. I bet we will never know.

Well here's the thing - and I kind of mentioned it in an above post

You could probably administer this drug in huge quantities to a mentally well-balanced individual with little or no adverse reactions (other than the fact that they'd be extremely intoxicated, but still, not eating anyone)

Conversely you can give a mentally imbalanced individual too many Bud Lights and cops will be on the scene shortly.

The problem is that you can't always leave it up to an individual person to decide whether he or she is psychologically competent enough to deal with such substances. And this is where the government has to step in and regulate certain things.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Originally posted by Advantage

Well here's the thing - and I kind of mentioned it in an above post

You could probably administer this drug in huge quantities to a mentally well-balanced individual with little or no adverse reactions (other than the fact that they'd be extremely intoxicated, but still, not eating anyone)

Conversely you can give a mentally imbalanced individual too many Bud Lights and cops will be on the scene shortly.

The problem is that you can't always leave it up to an individual person to decide whether he or she is psychologically competent enough to deal with such substances. And this is where the government has to step in and regulate certain things.

I worked ER for a decade.. Ive seen people eat their own fingers and pull out their own eyes on PCP... I do understand regulation or illegality of certain substances. The question is WHY cannibalism in particular in these recent cases? Out of all of the effects a drug would have.. why this in particular in each case? What substance has the ability to do that and what part of the brain would it have to effect in order to bring this out in particular. I dont know of any substance that has that ability in particular. What was similar in each person's life that has recently cannibalized or tried to.. another human?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Well I'm not familiar with other cannibalism cases involving bath salts, but as far as the one in Miami, I don't think there's any definitive word as to what - if anything - the guy was on.

It was a cop who guessed 'bath salts' and the press ran with it. The guy also called it "a new form of '___'" so that shows how little he knows about it

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

I'm jumping all over your explanation...cause its true.Most of the crap that we have been fed for the longest time has been to create hysteria....good grief says charlie brown.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join