It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a Sexist Thread! (Men's Rights)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Yeah, this is puzzling and wrong. The female teachers should be punished just like the men are. But, that might happen more if there weren't so many men saying things like "whats the problem, I never had any hot teachers coming on to me". Sounds like social conditioning plays a part. Reference Van Halen's video/song "Hot for teacher".

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

Narcissism affects both sexes so I don't know why you're only trying to label all women as such. You must not have much of a social life if you think there aren't men all about themselves out there.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

You misunderstood my comment then, I was actually agreeing that the stats are skewed and that women abuse men as well... And I'm all for defending yourself, If I start a fight, I am gonna finish it
But that's me, I don't look at it in that sense as "OMG I'm a girl you don't hit girls" All's fair in love and war.....

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I don't agree with the less violent. I've seen some very violent women. fact is most men (at least the gentlemen) would never hit back, many women take advantage of this.

It is embarrassing for a man to admit to being injured by a woman, and even if he has bruises that are typical of abuse, most would say "he must have gotten into a fight with a guy" or "he deserved it, he must have done something to her first.". I'm sure there are several men in jail where a woman abused him, but she claimed it was self defense.

I would say a very small percent of men will ever report the abuse.

Now lets talk about verbal and emotional abuse.......
edit on 7-6-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by artnut

Irregardless the law is the law. Im a firm believer EVERYONE should be created equal and the laws should apply to everyone equally regardless of Age, Sex, Race, financial situation, religious belief, or sexual orientation.

The problem is their are always gonna be double standards and the law is not gonna apply to everyone the same.

My dream is just a pipe dream

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

You're probably right, but what I'm saying is that instead of antagonising the ones that don't care (which, as I'm sure you know, is a waste of your time), you should try to find allies in the ranks of those that do!

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

Thats a good point when i used to bounce i would much rather deal with men fighting then women. If you got a bunch of women fighting it could get nasty quick esp if it was so called hood rats.

And you had to be careful how you handled them because of the law.

Women know this. Im not saying all but some women know a man has to be very careful about how he goes putting his hands on her and they use it to their advantage.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
WOW

The issue of Misandry comes to ATS eh?

Well it's about damn time if you ask me. This is one of the biggest problems in our society and is a conspiracy theory to boot.

Really though folks, egalitarianism is the only way forward, we need to break down gender barriers, keep these fools from making us fight against each other and fight against all isms that are not equal.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandHeretic
So just one question, when you were young, did they have color? Or was everything black and white? What year did they invent color? just curious?

In my younger years, things were black and white ... didn't turn color, until in my teens. I'm betting your using that term to see what generation I am :-)

But I do not agree with you ... I take the "caveman" approach, to show that no matter how advanced you think we are, we are still true to our animalistic nature. The idea that we are "Gods children" is merely our own vanity speaking, and desires ... but they are fram from reality, even if there is a certain ounce of truth in it. The ability of learning exists, but we must evolve from our roots ...

Womens nature is to compromise, but that is rarely a good problem solution.

Mans nature is head on with the problem, which often is not the best approach.

What you are referring to, is the fact that often a compromise is the best "first" approach to a problem solution. But it is rarely a good solution, because it's a compromise. The mans "head on" approach, is usually long term and more costly.

But if you take a closer look at this, you should realize that this is why the economy is in the mess it is. Because we have a lot of compromises, and very few actual solutions.

Take a computer operating systems, as an example. In the 60's you had the famous characters, come forth with their head on solutions. Let's skip names, and just mention Unics. Originally it was intended to be a Multics, but was quickly abandoned for Unics .. which today, is the basic heart of every operating system on the compuer market, with few remnants, as an exception. From this time on, we've been heading toward Multics for 50 years without ever getting there, because of too many compromises. Our desctops are pretty, but full of garbage and instability.

What you are stating is false ... it's a simplistic view, that is taking in the appearances, without validating the qualities.

Men have muscle tissue, and explosive strength ... women have durability.

Men have heads on, flank the enemy approach ... women have get them unaware (stealth).

Men have confrontational abilities ... women have compromising abilities.

Men have physical strength ... women have mental strength.

These are the basics, it doesn't mean a woman can't be strong. Nor does it mean, that a man can't have small durable muscles. But each will always be biased towards his or her natural born emphasis.

You can deny your nature ... maybe you are one of those guys who is born a woman, or a woman who is born a man. There are such physical characteristics, but they are still biased towards one or the other. And claiming that our bodies and physical contrast do not dictate our nature, is also just plain nonsense. We can learn a lot of things, but we can't turn ourselves into turtles ...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
to be fare.

My wife just informed me of an issue within the nursing community.

she is a nurse, and get's paid 25% less than male nurses with the same experience and education.

This is not right in any form.

So yes There are still sexism issues out there.

bust a male obgyn, gets a fraction of what a woman doctor gets. (pending same education and experience.)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

Now see? Thats the explaination I was looking for, and your right about many points. yet no matter how many times I get screwed by women......I just love screwin women.....I cant help myself. Its like being addicted to a controled substance....

Im a womanizing, detestible, sex fiend.............and they seem to like me for it. The animal in me just grrrrssss at a good looking women....and if they have something upstairs to boot.....then Its like chasing a twinkie at the end of a fishing rod at fat camp. Im a sucker for a smart woman...guess that makes me part of the problem.

Why do I get the feeling this comment is going to get thrown into a jerry springer episode?

Maybe we should start a NO MaaM chapter? Ohhhhh AL

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Misandry is all over Tv with commercials portraying men as idiots that cant do anything right.Sitcoms it is the same again Men are the butt of jokes.Domestic violence it is the men who are taken away in handcuffs even if the women are doing the violence.Women's word is taken at value if they cry rape or abuse the man is taken away and is guilty before proven innocent or just the allegation of abuse he can lose his career.Men are laughed at if they call that they have been abused.It is still ok to show women hitting men on TV but a man hitting a women oh no the world crash down and men to show their chivalry come to the womans rescue which men are conditioned to do even if the woman is in the wrong.It is like a proxy fight which you see at the bars all the time.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Personally, I think society is at a major crossroads. Like someone else mentioned, Feminism swung the pendulum too far. This is human nature though, it is unfortunate that things in our country must go too far in order to facilitate change. But, change is here, make no mistake about it, some good, some bad. I am not of the camp that says men deserve to be victims of sexism because women were oppressed for so long, far from it in fact. We do have to acknowledge that it goes on with both genders.

So what is the answer? Women are graduating from college in increasing numbers, in the workforce in increasing numbers, etc. They are marrying later, some don't even have a desire to get married. Is marriage a dying institution? This dictated in the past how we interacted. Men and women had much clearer roles, they are now blurred. Lots of women don't want to "go back to the kitchen", should they have to? Some men want to stay home, and be respected for doing so. Should they have to go back to a day job outside the home?

Don't we have to get past prejudices and move on to change the course? Mutual respect is key, and yes, so is compromise. I am sorry some believe this is not possible, but should we just give up on even trying, and hang on to the hate?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
WOW

The issue of Misandry comes to ATS eh?

Well it's about damn time if you ask me. This is one of the biggest problems in our society and is a conspiracy theory to boot.

Really though folks, egalitarianism is the only way forward, we need to break down gender barriers, keep these fools from making us fight against each other and fight against all isms that are not equal.

~Tenth

Exactly! So many people are lost in Duality! They see things as "black" and "white" instead of "gray" which would make things equal for all...

There are Feminists wanting special rights over men, and now you have Men's Right Activists wanting special rights over women.

We need EQUALITY - Not talking about "men's rights" and not talking about "woman's rights" but rather... "EQUAL rights"...

There are many things that are unfair to men, but there are many things that are unfair to woman.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Narcissism affects both sexes so I don't know why you're only trying to label all women as such. You must not have much of a social life if you think there aren't men all about themselves out there.

Narcissism affects both sexes, true ... but it does not affect both sexes equally. And that is the heart of my issue.

Of course there are men, who are all about themselves ... that is not the point. There are exceptions, but we aren't discussing the equality, between men and women. We are discussing, exclusively mens rights. And pertinent to our claim, is the fact that we are self destructive on this issue.

You are an a-typical male ... a woman comes and whines, and you run up to protect her. Your behaviour is normal, it's just done in the wrong place at the wrong time. And you're just a tool, an a-typical male ... contenting for a womans affection. There is a subliminal drive, in your brain, for this ... it's not a conscious thought. How much, have you advanced historically? you haven't advanced a hoot over this basic caveman behaviour ...

Instead of discussing men's rights, we're here discussing women's rights ... because a woman whined, and you feel the need to protect her. It's not because she is in danger, but because your basic reproductive drive tells you that the best way to sprout your seeds is this way. The woman doesn't feel any danger, but she's learned that by this means, she can have any man do whatever she wants.

The woman has learned to push our buttons, and we haven't learned to control them ... that's why our rights are getting lesser and lesser, and theirs greater and greater.

And you think it's alright, as long as you get your social life with the girls.

You may have a lot muscle strength, and think of yourself as an alfa male ... but your mentally weaker than women are.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The reason that there's a men's rights and a women's rights is because everyone experiences totalitarianism and oligarchy in one form or another. This false dichotomy of man vs. women, patriarchy, matriarchy are completely false.

If you are getting preyed on, it is probably because you are perceived as weaker. Not because you are a man, not because you are a woman.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bastet11

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Originally posted by bastet11
I was willing to listen to your point of view until I got to this part:

Despite these compelling figures, children are systematically removed from the natural fathers who are their most effective protectors.

"Most effective protectors"..dude, there is no force more formidable in nature then a Mother with kids. Go to a store and watch a mother walking with children. Just try and get between her and her brood.

Then watch a dad. Even my husband admits defeat in this department. He notices all the time that mothers naturally keep their children directly in sight, while fathers get distracted. It is not an insult, it is probably simply because moms are more in tune with their offspring. After all, we carried them in our wombs for nine months..they were attached to us, shared our life system.
Just tonight I was watching a guy in Target busy looking at action figures while his 3 year old was out of sight, pulling down pool chemicals.
And the 55% of mothers data is misleading. It makes it seem like moms are just sitting around, offing their kids. Most mothers would give their very lives for the children. It just sadly happens that in 55% of child murders, it happens by the mother. Since often this is a situation where the dad is nowhere to be found

Keep telling yourself that there's no "formidable force in nature" than a mother with kids.PLEASE.If anyone messed with my daughter I guarentee you I'd be MORE formidable than you.And I'd do a heck of a lot more damage than you,too.Please,if you husband isnt watching his kids than well guess what? He's not a very good father.No offense.And I don't buy your Target story.How do you know the 3 year old was his if he was out of sight? Were you stalking them? Nice try.
edit on 7-6-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

Not going to bother arguing with you.
Okay, Mr. Scary Man..you can do more damage.

And the kid was 3 because I intervened before he pulled chemicals on himself. I asked him where his parents were and he walked over two aisles and pointed at his dad. I told the dad where I found him and he was looking at Halo action figures when we were talking. He made a sheepish comment about keeping a better eye out. I asked him the age and he said he was 3. Nothing mysterious about it.

and? By your logic i can use the mom strapping her gas can in her car instead of her child as an example of how women arent the most effective protectors.

I knew this thread would quickly turn into a a pissing match between jaded men or women ay yi yi

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
There are Feminists wanting special rights over men, and now you have Men's Right Activists wanting special rights over women.

The men's rights movement has its faults, but demanding special treatment doesn't seem to be one of them. Perhaps I'm wrong, but could you provide an example?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
The reason that there's a men's rights and a women's rights is because everyone experiences totalitarianism and oligarchy in one form or another. This false dichotomy of man vs. women, patriarchy, matriarchy are completely false.

If you are getting preyed on, it is probably because you are perceived as weaker. Not because you are a man, not because you are a woman.

And this is completely unacceptable. We are human beings with consciousness. Nobody should be 'preying' on anyone else. Respect is the only thing that can change this mess...

Allow people to be who they are and do not do things against another's will, ESPECIALLY preying on them or taking their rights away... that is bad.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dookie Master
reply to post by torque

I was taught to be exercise my manners, especially around women. I have been rebuffed more than a handful of times for opening a door for a female. I must say when in a professional situation it is very difficult to decide if I should hold the door from the meeting room for a lady or to walk out ahead of the woman because we are "equals" in the workplace. I am honestly trying to be a "gentleman" (as I understand the definition), but I do not want to upset the female for whom I am holding the door. A Catch-22...
edit on 7-6-2012 by Dookie Master because: misspelling of "been"

As a woman, this kind of random act of kindness does not bother me. I hold open doors for both sexes, especially so if their arms are full. It's called "being helpful". I've had to listen to my feminist friends whine & complain about the sexism of men holding open a door for them. Here's a hint: grow up, girls. It's not the end of the world if someone does something kind for you, and it certainly wouldn't kill you to repeat that simple act for others.

I am not a feminist. I cannot be one while female cancers are far better funded, researched & publicized than male ones. I cannot be one while funding, research & publicity for diseases that afflict both genders is directed more towards the female half. Heart disease: it affects both, not just the poor womenfolk. Diabetes: it affects both, not just the poor womenfolk. The list goes on.

I cannot be a feminist while the child custody default gives the child(ren) to the mother, nor while making giving custody to dad incredibly difficult to achieve. As a women, I'm not afraid to admit that far too many mothers planted firmly atop a pedestal are worthless piles of dung, and the children along for the sad ride would have been much better off living at dad's house instead of with an alcoholic or junkie mother, or one who can't keep a job to save her life, migrating from motel to motel, friend's couch to friend's couch, et al. Just because we have a social stigma that says "mother is best" does not in fact make it frakking so. Just because we have a gestational bond with our offspring doesn't mean a child is always and forevah better off with mom. Mothers can make some horrible and undeniably STUPID choices in life. I've seen several custodial moms' lives go down the crapper because they divorced & were now "free". Free to do what? Be a motel-hopping vagrant? Honey, your ex has a nice house with plenty of room & a good salary. Why did the court give YOU custody again? I feel horrible for kids that have to live like this because the court thinks being with mom is crucial. Too many kids get the short end of the stick when they could have a solid roof over their head with a hard-working father to care for them.

I cannot be a feminist when I have seen the paychecks of women on par with or higher than that of their male peers. Don't give me that unequal pay BS. Not a SINGLE feminist I know makes less than their male peers, they make the same or more than them. And yet, they dare to harp about the unequal pay in their bank accounts. Liars. Plain & simple LIARS. Way to live up to the stereotype, that women lie & manipulate. Feminism? Ladies, ur doin it way rong.

I've known women in construction, in welding, in deepwater trawling (as a lead deckhand, no less) in engineering, in the military, in industrial manufacturing as one of the grease monkeys, there is no doors shut to these careers. In the opinions of the women I've known, there is lazy girls not wanting to break a sweat on the job site, there is lazy women not wanting to get dirty, there is lazy women not wanting to be bothered to get up from their easy paper-pushing desks. I'm inclined to agree with the opinions of those already doing the jobs--if you don't want to actually do the hard work, then don't complain it's because of sexism. Obviously, this "sexism" didn't stop some darn hard-working women from diving right in.

And can I bring up ogling? I ogle other women, I'm not afraid to admit that. My husband thinks I'm abnormal in that regard, but come on, when I see a well-taken care of physically fit form, I'm going to appreciate it. Maybe do a little comparing, but mostly appreciate it. I've taken note of some very nice backsides, some very ample bosoms, some very, very sweet legs that go on forever. If I look, and am noticed doing so, I get an appreciative smile in acknowledgement. But if a man does this, they get the death stare & eyes of ice & daggers. DEAR LORD, WHY? Ogling a sexy women is ogling a sexy women no matter what gender you are! I do not understand this double standard with my gender at all. What difference does it make? Odds are, there's an equal number of women thinking, "Yeah, I'd tap that" as there are men, so...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join