It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a Sexist Thread! (Men's Rights)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This is a call to arms!

I say every man reading this while at work, go see your boss, supervisor, HR, whoever... and tell them you need to go home because "its that time of the month"

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I have to agree with the original post on this one. Men have the short end of the stick when it comes to rights in general. Especially when it comes to domestic violence issues.
While I lived in the UK I saw countless commercials and advertisements for "Women's refuge" and "Are you a victim of domestic violence?" with a female represented as said victim. None of that exists for men. Police are also very sexist, arresting the male based on only the word of the female, no evidence at all. The stats show that women are more frequently the victim of domestic violence but I would say that's because women report it far more often. Then there is preferential treatment by other establishments such as hospitals, doctors offices and so on. Treating females with far more respect and courtesy than they do males.
Finally, the recent trend of saying that every male that is on his own near a child or near a place that typically has children is a pedophile. I don't know what it is but it seems in the last 10 years it has almost become fashionable to call men pedophiles. There was something on TV where a little girl, acting, sat on the street and pretended to be lost. It was a real shame to see all the men just walk past and not even look (unless they were with their girlfriend). When they asked them why they just walked past, nearly all of them said "Because I didn't want to be accused of being a pedophile". or something related to that. Women can be pedophiles too, why do only men get the stick for it?. Why do the police arrest men at the drop of a hat for pedophilia without evidence, especially if it was a female teenager making a false report... my god, they would probably beat the living daylights out of him first.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miyuki
I have to agree with the original post on this one. Men have the short end of the stick when it comes to rights in general.

Awesome.

Please relay even one of the many rights that are violated against men.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

I have to agree with the original post on this one. Men have the short end of the stick when it comes to rights in general.

Awesome.

We do have the same rights , but to suggest that we are treated evenly is a fallacy...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Awesome.

We do have the same rights , but to suggest that we are treated evenly is a fallacy...

With all due respect, the person that I quoted has stated that they feel that rights are being infringed on. You have made your opinion known, and I would like to read what the person I quoted has to say on the subject.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Egyptia
reply to post by tw0330

The world has been a patriarchal system for thousands of years. Women's rights is a direct response and retalliation to the fact that it has been a man's world from what seems the beginning of hisorical data.

It is still a man's world even if there are Women's Studies being taught in schools and not The Study of Men.

To this day the majority of the world is dominated by men and 'women' are subjected to what diminished capacity they are relegated to.

We are not even close to a place where we can rule together as equal's.

You want to discuss what isn't fair? Try being a woman in this world.

edit on 6-6-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

HAHAHAHAH

HAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAH

Right.... that's why women get child support but men don't.

You want equal rights, let's have them NOW! Not some sort of "Well you oppressed me so now it's your turn" justification....

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Right.... that's why women get child support but men don't.

You want equal rights, let's have them NOW! Not some sort of "Well you oppressed me so now it's your turn" justification....

Uh.. I got child support from my ex-wife for 6 years.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

actually men do get child support.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Awesome.

With all due respect, the person that I quoted has stated that they feel that rights are being infringed on. You have made your opinion known, and I would like to read what the person I quoted has to say on the subject.

LOL, so I should stop responding to all your posts??? Furbs, you have made my day....

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330

Originally posted by unknOWNmirAGE
reply to post by tw0330

Slightly agree, but it's because we view woman as the one who brings life subliminally as well as we (men) have reaped the benefits for far too long. Is it not their turn? It could go deeper but I'd rather not.

Ok, so by your way of thinking, you think women should also be put on the front lines in war more than men, I mean it is your turn, right.

Guys like yourself always bring up the "we fight wars thing" but you forget how women suffer by losing sons and husbands and also being the possible victim of rape and such if the enemy wins. Wars are primitive anyhow, caused by greed mostly, perhaps if the world has more of a feminine touch everyone would benefit.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by girlwithkaleidoscope3eyes
I could list counterpoints of the advantages of being male, but why would I...

because we're all people. It's universal, anyone on either extreme has lost the real meaning of human rights
I think mens prostate does need more attention but organizations like susan coleman are corrupt anyway

no one said life would be fair. try to look outside your own point of view, I know it is hard for me too sometime but really we don't know as much as we think we do

So your answer to inequality and sexism and general injustice is "life isn't fair"? Sorry, that's not a satisfactory answer for me.

@ The people that seem to think feminism isn't about hating men... read about Susan B. Anthony, Elizabeth C. Stanton, Charlotte P. Gilman (all first wave feminists). It will change your mind.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Binder

Agreed. It is awesome to know that there are straight guys out there that are being themselves and not caring about fitting the stereotype of what a straight guy is "supposed" to be. Likewise, it is also nice to see gay guys (and lesbians) not fitting the stereotypes.

The more we do this the more the chains will loosen for social freedom.

You are right, I should not have said "equality", men and women are different but what I meant was that they should be treated fairly, not like an inferior just for being another gender. I should have said "justice".

Originally posted by ThatGuy45

once you throw "rules" into the mix, a need for those to enforce said rules arises, which then can give birth to those who are / can be/ think they are powerful. And that mindset in this circumstance i NOT incorrect because a need arose for such a thing.

Now what?

I did not conclude anything. I said "...but then people probably wouldn't even agree on that." because I realized that it is a never ending pattern. We find the 'true' morality, get people to enforce, and then they get drunk on power and become corrupted.

Here is another idea - individualism.

Let the moral be "free-will is good, taking away other's free-will is bad", then people will know why killing, stealing, and raping is wrong, and also if someone goes against another's free-will anyway, they can just defend themselves or get a family member or a friend to help them defend themselves...

I don't know....

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

LOL, so I should stop responding to all your posts??? Furbs, you have made my day....

If you feel that you do not have anything new to add, maybe you should consider not continuing to post.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

If you feel that you do not have anything new to add, maybe you should consider not continuing to post.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the advice, champ!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It's the pendulum syndrome, 100 years ago women were not treated equally, now it has swung too far the other way, it will take some time to come back the middle again.

If two people are being interviewed for a job and the hiring person is a straight male, and a young hot educated female goes up against a regular guy, she wins almost every time now. This is partly another issue of how the beautiful are favored in our society, but attractive educated women have it made in this age. At least in the West.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nonono

Originally posted by girlwithkaleidoscope3eyes
I could list counterpoints of the advantages of being male, but why would I...

because we're all people. It's universal, anyone on either extreme has lost the real meaning of human rights
I think mens prostate does need more attention but organizations like susan coleman are corrupt anyway

no one said life would be fair. try to look outside your own point of view, I know it is hard for me too sometime but really we don't know as much as we think we do

So your answer to inequality and sexism and general injustice is "life isn't fair"? Sorry, that's not a satisfactory answer for me.

@ The people that seem to think feminism isn't about hating men... read about Susan B. Anthony, Elizabeth C. Stanton, Charlotte P. Gilman (all first wave feminists). It will change your mind.

Really? You are going to judge the modern incarnation of Feminism by it's previous movements? So, we should judge all groups by how they behaved 100 years ago? Heh, very academic of you. Try looking into Third wave feminism.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
It's the pendulum syndrome, 100 years ago women were not treated equally, now it has swung too far the other way, it will take some time to come back the middle again.

If two people are being interviewed for a job and the hiring person is a straight male, and a young hot educated female goes up against a regular guy, she wins almost every time now. This is partly another issue of how the beautiful are favored in our society, but attractive educated women have it made in this age. At least in the West.

If the same can be said when you remove gender, is it really a matter of gender inequality?

Let's see if it works here.

If two people are being interviewed for a job and the hiring person is a straight person, and a young hot educated person goes up against a regular person, The young hot educated person wins almost every time now. This is partly another issue of how the beautiful are favored in our society, but attractive educated people have it made in this age. At least in the West.

You kind of hit on the real issue, but you try to belittle the effect even in your explanation.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

edit on 2012/6/7 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Originally posted by tw0330

Originally posted by unknOWNmirAGE
reply to post by tw0330

Slightly agree, but it's because we view woman as the one who brings life subliminally as well as we (men) have reaped the benefits for far too long. Is it not their turn? It could go deeper but I'd rather not.

Ok, so by your way of thinking, you think women should also be put on the front lines in war more than men, I mean it is your turn, right.

Guys like yourself always bring up the "we fight wars thing" but you forget how women suffer by losing sons and husbands and also being the possible victim of rape and such if the enemy wins. Wars are primitive anyhow, caused by greed mostly, perhaps if the world has more of a feminine touch everyone would benefit.

Are you implying that women are peaceful creatures?

There was something on TV where a little girl, acting, sat on the street and pretended to be lost. It was a real shame to see all the men just walk past and not even look (unless they were with their girlfriend). When they asked them why they just walked past, nearly all of them said "Because I didn't want to be accused of being a pedophile". or something related to that.

That doesn't surprise me in the least! I'm uncomfortable even walking past a school or children's playground, I'm not even sure what I would do in that situation. It's sad how they seem to be succeeding in alienating men from women and children.

@ Everyone: ignore the obvious trolls, don't feed them. You know who I'm talking about.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I am willing to bet that the OP also has a problem with things like The United Negro College Fund, Miss Black America, Jet magazine, and BET.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join