It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a Sexist Thread! (Men's Rights)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I'd wager that between 10 - 20% of the men at my school at gay, too, compared to maybe 5% lesbian women. So it's more like a 50 - 35 ratio...

I know a lot of people who are very involved with feminist and gender-queer rights organizations, and none of them seem to be the men-haters that this thread is apparently about. Have any of you ever met an actual "feminist" or did you just read the SCUM Manifesto and think it was serious?
edit on 7-6-2012 by evanmontegarde because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by nonono
Then you're wrong. Statistics have shown that about half of all violent confrontations in domestic violence cases are started by women.

Could you cite that statistic please?

No need to cite it... I read it under a snapple cap so it must be true...

link   
I haven't read through all 14 pages of replies, so I apologize if this has been said already. Now I also want to state that I am a true believer in equality. TRUE equality. Not what femi-nazi's claim is equality, where they keep the benefits they have, but want better in other areas. I'm also very lucky enough to have been dating a woman for over 2 years, who completely agrees with me on this topic. The femi-nazi movement is getting ridiculous. What really bothers me, is how corporations are also capitalizing on this. I can't speak for all of them, but I can speak for a company I used to work for. Best Buy.

As a salesperson there, they would teach us that women are the ones in charge of the finances. Now, I can agree with this for the most part. Allow a husband to have free reign of the finances, and he may come home with an expensive home theater system.
But what they teach their sales people, is not to talk to the husband/male. Only talk to the wife/woman. Why? Because she's in control. Make her feel special, and she'll more than likely allow the husband to make the purchase. I never agreed with this. I would speak with BOTH of them. Make eye contact to BOTH of them. Why? Because they are equals in my eyes. They are both there, not just the misses. But they would tell us to ignore the male, speak to the woman.

Now, they have a rule(that most don't follow) called the "30 second/10ft rule". That means a customer is supposed to be contacted within 30 seconds of entering your dept., or being 10ft distance from you. Now, say you're with a customer, and there's 2 guys waiting to speak with you, and have been waiting for a few minutes. Then a woman walks into your dept. Once we finished with the customer we were speaking with, Best Buy wanted us to ignore the 2 guys who have been waiting, and go help the woman who entered. Why? Because apparently women really hate Best Buy, so we want them to feel special so they'll buy from us. This sort of thing really bothers me. Where's equality, even in the workplace? I never followed this rule. I went to whoever was waiting the longest, because they've been the patient ones.

They also have something called WOLF(Women's Leadership Forum). It's a program that the company uses, to help gain insight, and help make the store friendlier for women. Now, I do like the program. I'm sure it's different in different stores. But the store I used to work in was ridiculous. I went to ONE meeting, then never again. They looked up stories on the internet, about how women are mistreated in stores. One story they told(which is what made me never return), was a complain a girl made about a Gamestop store. This was back when the Nintendo Wii first came out, so it was really hard to come by. Now working at Best Buy, we got calls constantly asking about availability, as well as people coming in all day long asking. It was safe to assume that most people were wanting a Wii.

Now, the girl entered a Gamestop, and asked the clerk "Excuse me, can I ask you a question?". The employee replied "I'm sorry, we don't have any Wii's.", so then she got really mad at him, and chewed him out. "You think because I'm a girl, I wanted a Wii!? All I wanted to do was come in and buy God of War II!" So the guy apologized, and grabbed the game for her. Now if you know anything about Gamestop, they have to push strategy guides. It's their job requirement. So he offered her a strategy guide for the game, and she got mad again. "You think because I'm a girl, that I need one of those!? Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I can't play hard games!!" So she left angrily, and wrote a bad survey regarding that store. Now the girl at our meeting that was reading this store, had tears in her eyes from reading this, like she herself was the victim. I couldn't take the ridiculousness of the complaint, as well as how the employees acted.

I guess my point to this wall of text is how corporations are even being sexist with their customers. At least Best Buy is. I've grown up with mostly women in my family, no real male role models around, and I've heard their crap all my life. I was raised to see men as the jerks, who treat women very poorly all the time. I was taught to always treat women with respect, no matter what. Then I got older, and dated women. That's when I saw how wrong that was. There's a balance. I was taught the wrong way. Feminazi's are trying to ensure there is no balance as well. All for them, none for us. Getting really tired of it.

I believe in true equality. I just wish more people did.

edit on 7-6-2012 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2012 by Necrobile because: Typos. >. extra DIV

link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
i grew up in world were women said to be equal to men and as ive gotten older i have seen that not to be true, women are better at certain aspects of this life, as men are better at certain aspects of this life, WE ARE NOT EQUAL, we can and have for years lived together and obviously succeed since our word population is going up, i think the whole feminist movement is just a bandwagon for sheep to jump on to make themselves feel as there not part of the heard, and i swear to God if another chick with a fohawk tries to punch me i will treat her as if she was a man(BINK...right in the jaw)........EQUALITY FOR ALL
edit on 7-6-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

Your sexism is showing.

Why wouldn't you defend yourself from anyone trying to attack you, regardless of gender? Your reluctance to hit a woman is your own sexism, not anyone else's.

sorry i didnt explain my complete belief system, i don't fight unless im in danger or my loved ones are in danger, and when i do fight i don't go for destruction i go for submission, what i was saying is if a someone that is lessor to me in stature and fighting skills(as 99.9 percent of chicks with fohawks are) i will discard my submissive style of fighting and go for destruction cause people with a chip on there shoulder (man or women) need to be schooled on manners

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Are you implying that women are peaceful creatures?

Seeing as this thread generalizes both sexes then yes, that is what im implying.

Then you're wrong. Statistics have shown that about half of all violent confrontations in domestic violence cases are started by women. The majority of cases of violence against children involves women. Women like Condoleezza Rice, Margaret Thatcher, Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton are proof that putting more women in power won't magically make war a thing of the past. Simply put, all evidence points to the conclusion that women are not any more peaceful than men.

The ratio of men to women in politics is still appalling, how typical to use the one and only example of a female priminister to generalise that women are not peaceful. Thatcher was a conservative, her "leadership" was at a time when there were even LESS women in politics as there is today and the war that she "fought" was over the islands no one even knew existed until they were under "threat"

But if you want to look at history you'll find many examples of men that caused huge wars. World War's 1 & 2, British empire wars, Napolein wars, Roman empire wars, Saxon Wars, The amount of wars waged between france, spain, england and germany in europe through out the last thousand years - Caused by men seeking wealth.

All evidence points to men having a lack of regard to human life (yes i am generalising and understand that not all men are like this)

JFK choose to negotiate with the Russians rather than wage war, that always makes me happy when i think about it. Reminds of what hope is.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

I have no doubt that many, if not most, women were not content with their lives, and in fact many still aren't (I remember reading about a recent research paper that argued that women are actually more frustrated than ever), despite the fact that modern women (in the western world at least) enjoy rights that their great-great-great-grandaughters didn't have and even privileges over their male peers! There are probably many causes for feminism (as with racism, nazism, and all those other nasty "ism's" - by the way, did you know that many first wave feminists were also KKK supporters? you don't usually hear about that, I wonder why), but I don't see oppression by the patriarchy as being one of them.

P.s. I repeat, don't feed the trolls, people!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Hang on Grandma while I grab my box of tissues here out of my wee basket...

let's see, yes, let's go Deeper shall we, starting here

poor men's lack of Rights, yes, because Men daily in our world are Stoned to death for being Raped by other MEN

""A young woman recently stoned to death in Somalia first pleaded for her life, a witness has told the BBC.

"Don't kill me, don't kill me," she said, according to the man who wanted to remain anonymous. A few minutes later, more than 50 men threw stones.

Human rights group Amnesty International says the victim was a 13-year-old girl who had been raped. ""

news.bbc.co.uk...

"Young woman sentenced to death by stoning in Sudan," by Alexander Dziadosz for Reuters, May 31 (thanks to Wimpy):

(Reuters) - A Sudanese woman, believed to be around 20, has been sentenced to be stoned to death for adultery, and is being held near Khartoum, shackled in prison with her baby son, rights groups and lawyers said on Thursday.

IF you are HuMAN [women need not apply] you may sign the petition to save her unworthy 'unhuMAN' life, being that you MEN understand not having any rights and all

that's just two out of HUNDREDS UPON HUNDREDS of the Stoning of Women Worldwide

Rapes in the Congo, HOLOCAUST levels, any one with an IQ of 10 can look that current info up
Rapes and Forced sex slavery of MILLIONS OF FEMALES worldwide, so that MEN who have no rights can have the PRIVILEGE TO PAY TO 'RAPE, TORTURE' KILL EVEN' virgins and females chained, you can look that up

of course, remind yourself, that unworthy NOT HU-MANS who have less rights than Animals on this planet, who still do NOT have the right to Self Defense [look at numbers of women in prison for defending themselves, sentenced to 40 to life, while HU-MAN MEN who kill Women and Female children get maybe, MAYBE, 7 years to 20, IF they get that..] look it up

now, since Grandma is a bit weary looking with those sharp teeth and all, I will not post stats after stats though I could,

but I'll leave you with just some recent cases, of those horrible lack of rights for MEN in regards to Custody, etc

how about just for this past month, leave you to mull on this for a while, Grandma [my what big teeth you have]

Who's being discriminated against again?

lancasteronline.com...

Father jailed for assault of infant

abcnews.go.com...

Five Bodies Found in Burned SUV Believed to Be Missing Family

Five bodies found in a burned SUV in the Arizona desert are likely a Tempe family who went missing after the father sent a co-worker a cryptic note about how to take over the family business, police said today.

www.huffingtonpost.com...=874453,b=facebook

Lewis Beatty Allegedly Murdered Estranged Wife And Cut Daughter's Throats Before Setting Home On Fire
06/04/12 03:41 PM ET

INDIANA, Pa. — A prosecutor said he may pursue the death penalty against a western Pennsylvania man jailed on charges he killed his two young daughters and his estranged wife at separate residences which were also set on fire.

This is what institutionalized fathers' rights (i.e. father supremacy) looks like. Mothers have no rights to the children they give birth to. No more than than breeding animals would. UNNAMED DAD.

www.emirates247.com...

Shocking...Child explains how dad killed her sister
Mother blames grandparents for handing daughters to their father
By Staff
Published Monday, June 04, 2012

An eight-year-old Emirati girl murdered by her father and his girl friend in Dubai died because of boiling water and kicking by the couple after she was locked up in the bathroom, according to her younger sister.

“They had shaved off her head and poured hot water on her until she lost consciousness…they then started to kick her and locked her in the bathroom,” the six-year-old Mira said, quoted by Emarat Al Youm newspaper.

“When they opened the bathroom door later, they found her dead…I hear them saying they would bury her in the desert…my father then wrapped her with his wizar (waist cloth) and carried her outside…I have not seen her eversince.”

Mira, who has been in hospital as she herself has also been tortured, said her father and his girl friend had also shaved her head off and beat her up.

“They have also poured hot water on my naked body and tortured me with sharp objects without any reason…we used to ask my father if we can go out and play but he used to say no on the grounds we are dirty.”....

There are tons more, but Hang On Grandma, the lack of MEN'S rights, this unsafe world for them, I'm in Tears

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by evanmontegarde
reply to post by jhn7537

I'd wager that between 10 - 20% of the men at my school at gay, too, compared to maybe 5% lesbian women. So it's more like a 50 - 35 ratio...

I know a lot of people who are very involved with feminist and gender-queer rights organizations, and none of them seem to be the men-haters that this thread is apparently about. Have any of you ever met an actual "feminist" or did you just read the SCUM Manifesto and think it was serious?
edit on 7-6-2012 by evanmontegarde because: (no reason given)

Some feminists felt exactly that way hence why they branched out into their own "equity feminism"

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Are you implying that women are peaceful creatures?

Seeing as this thread generalizes both sexes then yes, that is what im implying.

Then you're wrong. Statistics have shown that about half of all violent confrontations in domestic violence cases are started by women. The majority of cases of violence against children involves women. Women like Condoleezza Rice, Margaret Thatcher, Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton are proof that putting more women in power won't magically make war a thing of the past. Simply put, all evidence points to the conclusion that women are not any more peaceful than men.

The ratio of men to women in politics is still appalling, how typical to use the one and only example of a female priminister to generalise that women are not peaceful. Thatcher was a conservative, her "leadership" was at a time when there were even LESS women in politics as there is today and the war that she "fought" was over the islands no one even knew existed until they were under "threat"

But if you want to look at history you'll find many examples of men that caused huge wars. World War's 1 & 2, British empire wars, Napolein wars, Roman empire wars, Saxon Wars, The amount of wars waged between france, spain, england and germany in europe through out the last thousand years - Caused by men seeking wealth.

All evidence points to men having a lack of regard to human life (yes i am generalising and understand that not all men are like this)

JFK choose to negotiate with the Russians rather than wage war, that always makes me happy when i think about it. Reminds of what hope is.

I know that men have historically caused and supported wars, my point is that women do too. Women are just as violent as men, there's no denying that fact.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
i grew up in world were women said to be equal to men and as ive gotten older i have seen that not to be true, women are better at certain aspects of this life, as men are better at certain aspects of this life, WE ARE NOT EQUAL, we can and have for years lived together and obviously succeed since our word population is going up, i think the whole feminist movement is just a bandwagon for sheep to jump on to make themselves feel as there not part of the heard, and i swear to God if another chick with a fohawk tries to punch me i will treat her as if she was a man(BINK...right in the jaw)........EQUALITY FOR ALL

Your sexism is showing.

Why wouldn't you defend yourself from anyone trying to attack you, regardless of gender? Your reluctance to hit a woman is your own sexism, not anyone else's.

and im curious do you not think that women are better at certain aspects of life just as men are, sure u can train at anything, but inherently or instinctively are the two genders not differnt?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeBears

Spoken like a true feminist! Women are being oppressed elsewhere, men are still committing crimes (well, duh) so we should ignore the oppression faced by men here. Are people still falling for these tactics? Bah.

P.s. Ignore the trolls!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
WEALTH: Women hold 65% of the total wealth in the USA [Fortune Magazine]

lol, does no one see whats wrong with this comment?

If 5% of all Americans hold over 95% of the countries currency, then how do women hold 65% of it?

You telling me 65% of billion/trillionaires in the US are women? Because that is a blatent lie.

I do agree with many points you braught up, but many of these numbers are completley screwed and outright wrong.

We will never have equal rights. because we are not equal. Men are (usually) bigger, stronger and far more capable of murder. Due to thousands of years of hunting and killing to protect and feed the women and children.

In reality, we arnt much different than a pride of lions. Since the beggining of humans, if man wanted a women, he would kill the man, take his women, and also kill ther children. You really think weve evolved away from this?

What makes us any more equal than tribal days? Nothing. And everyone knows it. hence why giving women rights really only means penalzing men more, for the same things.

You really want equal rights? You really want to be treated the same way we treat other men? To look at you as if you were no different than the man standing next to you? Better keep your mouth shut then, cause ive split lips for allot less. You dont want equal rights, YOU NEED UNEQUAL RIGHTS TO NOT GET LYNCHED. Period. end of story.

I once beat the living # out of a "child molester" with a tire iron or main street. A cop picked me up and said, "if it was me i would have done allot worse" and then he let me go without charges. This is the world you live in.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

reply to post by SearchLightsInc

I have no doubt that many, if not most, women were not content with their lives, and in fact many still aren't (I remember reading about a recent research paper that argued that women are actually more frustrated than ever), despite the fact that modern women (in the western world at least) enjoy rights that their great-great-great-grandaughters didn't have and even privileges over their male peers! There are probably many causes for feminism (as with racism, nazism, and all those other nasty "ism's" - by the way, did you know that many first wave feminists were also KKK supporters? you don't usually hear about that, I wonder why), but I don't see oppression by the patriarchy as being one of them.

P.s. I repeat, don't feed the trolls, people!

That's strange because ive read my times that feminist's were unhappy with patriarchy, many of them no longer wanting to live in a society where men dictated a woman's place - with consequences if she did not comply.
Patriarchy society decides a societies "norms" and "values" and so, in 1908, norms and values for a woman was to get married, kick out many children (lack of birth control) Work (depending on your class) and raise a family. Of course its much grittier then this as some men completely disrespected their wives (and families) often due to having a resentment of their life circumstances, i.e working low paid jobs - but instead of taking up his problems with his fellow man, he took it up with the bottle putting his mrs at the mercy of his alcoholism. (of course this is just one example) so feminism wanted to give women the right to choose. It brought about the idea that women were not just "property" or "baby factories" and to do this they had to change laws and social values - which means directly opposing the idea's brought forward by patriarchy - Which means challenging men. Its really nothing personal.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

It's because of feminism no one will hire a women. No one respects women because they all believe the system should sway their way. It pays to listen and react later.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Binder
reply to post by arpgme

You are so right. I am a 6'2" hetero male with a lovely lady at my side. I have gay friends, I hug my gay friends, I love my gay friends. I work in a profession that is historically feminine (nursing). I love my job. I have straight male friends who are like family, I hug them. I have female frineds that are like family, I hug them, I hug my patients. I am a big affectionate guy. My nickname at work is "teddybear."

The "alpha male" types can't stand me. They think I'm "closet gay." I don't care what they think, I am happy with life. When something is really sad I cry, and I don't hide it. I have not taught my 3 boys to never cry. I have taught my children to be very aware of social conditioning, and to not let it hamper their happiness.

If you are an "alpha male" type, and wish to challenge my manhood I'll gladly exercise a bit of my 8 years of martial arts training, and mop my floor with your worthless posterior. If you are a predator and enter my home you'll have a closed casket funeral in your future. I can protect, provide, and comfort without compromising. I have respect, responsibility, and versatile ability. What else defines a "real man?"

I don't worry about extremists male or female, feminazis are just the female versions of alpha male chauvenists, no real difference. Ignore them they are miserable people. The true strenghth of a real man, and a real woman is to see past all the BS, and make a life for each other, and tell society when it's rules are inappropriate, and counter productive to go take a hike. The only problem being that some of societies stupid rules get made into law, like the child support system. Then you just have to take your lumps, and move on. I speak from experience BTW.

If you are a good man, find a good woman, don't waste your time on the bad ones, and vice versa. Then realize the ultimate truth men, and women ARE NOT EQUAL. We are congruent. Neither is more or less important, neither is less vital, but in many ways we are dynamically opposed by design, and that is a good thing, and a natural law. We are physiologically, phsychologically, and spiritually different creatures. Appreciate the differences, and quit trying to subjugate each other. We fill different roles. Women cannot do what men do as well as men do it. Forget that lie. Neither can men do what women do as well as a woman can do it. Our society has just confused our roles, and purpose.

And yes, appreciate the differences and move on. Figure out how to get along.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

I'd like to know why women can beat the living crap out of men, but if men try to defend themselves, even holding back women from violently attacking men are charged with domestic assault, and if kids are around its a felony.

We live in a femi-nazi society, and it needs to STOP!

Cops need to quit beating people too! And there should be a 911 reporting system on cops just to note.

Women and cops need to be brought into compliance with existing laws, and they are not at the moment nation wide.

The whole current social dynamic is out of control across the U.S. when it comes to allowing women and cops to do whatever they want.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

The ratio of men to women in politics is still appalling,

Why would you use the word appalling?perhaps the numbers will never balance out because of the simple lack of interest among the gender?

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc how typical to use the one and only example of a female priminister to generalise that women are not peaceful. Thatcher was a conservative, her "leadership" was at a time when there were even LESS women in politics as there is today and the war that she "fought" was over the islands no one even knew existed until they were under "threat"

There were more examples given. How many exactly do you need before you can acknowledge that a " feminine touch" as you so put it wouldn't make much of a difference? It's no small stretch of the imagination after all to entertain the notion that the genders are in fact very similar. IM0 having either sex dominate poltics isn't inherently beneficial or detrimental.

Originally posted by SearchLightsIncBut if you want to look at history you'll find many examples of men that caused huge wars. World War's 1 & 2, British empire wars, Napolein wars, Roman empire wars, Saxon Wars, The amount of wars waged between france, spain, england and germany in europe through out the last thousand years - Caused by men seeking wealth.

All evidence points to men having a lack of regard to human life (yes i am generalising and understand that not all men are like this) .

And if you look at history you'll also find a slew of female warriors from all around the globe spanning different points of history . One could even surmise that early on in human civilization , women became conditioned to violence from living together with males.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

here you go

putative father registry

Oregon's adoption law states:
The mother of a child was married at the time of the conception or birth of the child, and it has been determined that her husband at such time was not the father of the child; in this case, consent of the husband is not required.

Men unable to pay child support because of lack of money sentenced to jail here

good father sues for child custody against the state

Currently, Michigan law does not give parental rights to biological fathers if the mother of the child is married at the time of the child's birth to another man. here

Court: Dads Don't Have Right To A Lawyer In Child Support Contempt Cases

In many states, even with 50/50 child custody, them man is still required to pay child support.

I could go on for ever here. Just do a little research and you will find hundreds of violations. But if you did that, you wouldn't have your argument now would you.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
For every man who thinks they are getting the pointy end of the sexist stick, probably an equal number of mothers carried and loved them.

I have two sons who I would kill for. Never at any point in time do I imagine I will look upon them as lesser beings or pigs that should have deserved the abortion bucket, and if I have raised them right, neither will the mothers of their children.

Instead of being at each others throats, how about we set about finding a happy medium eh? Why can't we all just get along.

I don't think I've met any man haters, apart from the odd boiler suited lesbian lady that is.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nonono

queen Elizabeth I comes to mind

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join