It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a Sexist Thread! (Men's Rights)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
Well, to many women out there it will be any how.

Men's Rights and Social Sexism against men.

Many don't care to talk about this topic, in fear of being labeled at sexist, just for bringing it up.
So I will be the sexist and bring it up. (note: I believe that all women deserve the same rights as men, just not more)

I will keep my opening post short, as I want this thread to be a discussion thread and not just my opinions.

Think Pink (but what about blue?) -
205,000 women are diagnosed with Breast cancer (40,000 die)
190,000 Men are Diagnosed with Prostate Cancer (34,000 die)
A difference of only 15,000 people.
Breast cancer gets 11 billion in government Research funding while Prostate cancer gets only 2 billion.
Overall Breast Cancer gets 50x the amount of funding than Prostate Cancer.
In Britain there are over 300 specialized breast cancer nurses to every specialized prostate cancer nurse.

Right to choose-
If a woman doesn't want a child she has the right to abort it or put it up for adoption.
If she keeps it, she has a right to child support.

If a man wanted to keep the baby but the woman wanted an abortion, does he have a right to choose?
Would he have the right to ask for child support if he did?

Nope: He has no rights in most states concerning reproductive rights.

University: My wife is in nursing school, she had to take one of two classes to graduate, An African Culture Class or Women's Studies. She chose women's studies (very eye opening class, and very sexist)

Do Schools have a men's studies class? Nope that would be sexist.

Child Custody: Women receive physical custody of 92% of all children of separation, and men only 4%. [Department of Health & Human Services]

JURY BIAS: Women are acquitted of spousal murder at a rate 9 times that of men [Bureau Justice Statistics -- 1.4% of men vs 12.9% of women]

COURT BIAS: Men are sentenced 2.8 times longer than women for spousal murder [Bureau Justice Statistics -- men at 17 years vs women at 6 years]

JUSTICE SYSTEM BIAS: Women are assesessed for Child Support on average at half the rate of men, yet are twice as likely to default on Child Support payments. Ninety Seven (97%) of all child support prosecutions are against fathers. [Census Bureau]

DOMESTIC VIOLENCE: Numerous credible studies from independant researchers report that women are the initiators of domestic violence in 58% of all cases, and cause physical abuse in almost 50% of all cases, yet women only account for 6% of all criminal proceedings in such matters.

CHILD VIOLENCE: Mothers commit 55% of all child murders and biological fathers commit 6%. NIS-3 indicates that Mother-only households are 3 times more fatal to children than Father-only households. Despite these compelling figures, children are systematically removed from the natural fathers who are their most effective protectors.

WEALTH: Women hold 65% of the total wealth in the USA [Fortune Magazine]

General Schooling: With the women's movement Schools moved to tailor classes around girls to allow for future success. in general girls tend to be able to learn easier through a lecture type of atmosphere while boys tend to learn more with hands on schooling.

No child left behind really hurt men in the schooling area.

I'm sure I could come up with more, but let the debate begin.

source
source

I believe in EQUAL rights for everyone!

I would like to know what measure's you have taken in your life to embrace being a man? A lot of men are complaining that they have been emasculated and there is evidence of this, such as the decline of manual labour jobs that men were better suited for, but people adapt as times change and i think its important to ask the question: How do men embrace their masculinity in modern times?

(all men welcome to answer this question)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The college I attend is 55% female to 45% male. Do you "Men's Rights" people think this is an example of how men are treated unfairly in our society?

I, as part of the 45% minority, am not complaning...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by evanmontegarde
The college I attend is 55% female to 45% male. Do you "Men's Rights" people think this is an example of how men are treated unfairly in our society?

I, as part of the 45% minority, am not complaning...

I'm sure you really took advantage of the 'great' opportunity......

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I really don't disagree with the OP for the most part. Parental rights for men are totally screwed. I've seen men win custody, but the woman had to screw up in an epic way first.
The only problem is fighting sexism with more sexism is how females got drunk on power in the first place. We as people are clearly incapable of finding fair balance between the two. It's not right and it should be fixed, but at least you don't get as screwed as men in 2012 compared to a woman from the early 1900's.....progress? We still have a way to go for equality (personally don't think we will ever nail it). I want you men to have the same rights we have, I just don't want it to slat back the other way in the process.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
I would like to know what measure's you have taken in your life to embrace being a man? A lot of men are complaining that they have been emasculated and there is evidence of this, such as the decline of manual labour jobs that men were better suited for, but people adapt as times change and i think its important to ask the question: How do men embrace their masculinity in modern times?

What does your question even mean? For one to answer the question one needs to define what it is to be masculine in modern times before one can embrace said masculinity. If you ask the question, "What does it take to be masculine?" you are bound to get as many different answers as there are people, especially once you take in-grouping into account. One group may have completely different rules for how cismales should behave than another.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The world is still a matriarchy. It's simply very well concealed.

It's obvious if you really stop and look at how things unfold and don't stop at the visible "leaders".

It's simply a matriarchy for a small percentage of women, who work through their husbands and visible male "figure heads" to help perpetuate a constant battle between the males and females "below" and create a sub-society that has all the appearances and "problems" of a patriarchy.

"Everything" (male energy) comes out of and returns to "Nothing" (female void) in spiritual matters.

The Milky Way is dominated by a Large Black Female (energy) as are many if not most other galaxies.

That's a good clue.

If you as a female read this and get angry... stop and ask yourself whether that's *EXACTLY* the reaction expected of you to help perpetuate the charade? What better way to control females you consider "lesser" than you to secure the best mates for yourself than to make those females fight WITH and OVER the "lesser" mates.

Why is it easy to just blame a patriarchy and never consider a hidden matriarchy? Ladies, you know how good your gender generally is at "concealed cattiness" vs male "fight it out in the open". Take that to the logical conclusion.

This isn't blaming "women". It's pointing the finger to a more complete picture of what's going on at the tiny minority "elite" level that is almost never spoken of.

As civilization developed we didn't transition "out" of a matriarchy... the matriarchy concealed itself out of necessity to continue to be able to retain the "best mates" for themselves from their perspective. The male figure heads get out of this... the ability to pick the "best mates" from all the remaining women. It's win win for both of them, and the rest of us get the fallout.

Both the men and women "at the top" are responsible for their part, as we are responsible for our part... but be honest with yourself about the power dynamics between men and women in marriages. Be *really* honest, not just the surface.

Both genders culturally "can't live with them" because of the false battle being setup, "can't live without them" because we are two sides of the same coin being divided.

All that said... we in the "sub-society" can do just fine and reject this system and create marriages and partnerships and other relationships (business, hobbies, etc) where the male and female are absolutely and beautifully harmonious.

No patriarchy OR matriarchy can take that away from us.

Namaste.
edit on 2012/6/7 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I recently went to register for a marathon happening in my city. I soon found out it was an all woman marathon. I had to watch from the sidelines because of my gender.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Alpha's are a different type of bully than most. They are single minded, and don't have patience usually to consider others or their impact on them and usually think they're just being weak if they can overtake them, but there are good intentions behind some, some are good people, but they expand into a room. They need to put themselves more in others shoes and realize that their particular makeup is unique to them and not what most people's make ups consist of, also they need to realize that, the others who seem weaker, have skills and abilities that do different things, such as caring for the young, healing and aritistic, creative abilities that without those skills, without those individuals there would be a huge gaping hole in reality. So they're being blinded.

Bullies need to be understood. They result nearly always from abusive homes and have separation anxiety, and need a lot of love.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nonono

Are you implying that women are peaceful creatures?

Seeing as this thread generalizes both sexes then yes, that is what im implying.

Originally posted by Miyuki
There was something on TV where a little girl, acting, sat on the street and pretended to be lost. It was a real shame to see all the men just walk past and not even look (unless they were with their girlfriend). When they asked them why they just walked past, nearly all of them said "Because I didn't want to be accused of being a pedophile". or something related to that.

That doesn't surprise me in the least! I'm uncomfortable even walking past a school or children's playground, I'm not even sure what I would do in that situation. It's sad how they seem to be succeeding in alienating men from women and children.

Paedophilia is a problem in society and men shouldnt be targeted , its fact that women can also be paedophile. The trouble is is that paedophiles are no longer ashamed of what they do and it just so happens that in the majority of case's they are men, you cant blame women for wanting to protect children??

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
It's the pendulum syndrome, 100 years ago women were not treated equally, now it has swung too far the other way, it will take some time to come back the middle again.

How do you explain this then? It's from 1908, a time when women supposedly were oppressed by the evil patriarchy!

"THE LEGAL SUBJECTION OF MEN"
menstribune.com...

Feminism was never good. First wave was bad enough, and all subsequent "waves" just built upon it. It's a mythology of hate. It seems people are finally beginning to wake up to this, and feminists have taken notice, complaining about how "feminism" is now somewhat of a "dirty word".
edit on 7-6-2012 by nonono because: .

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

What does your question even mean? For one to answer the question one needs to define what it is to be masculine in modern times before one can embrace said masculinity. If you ask the question, "What does it take to be masculine?" you are bound to get as many different answers as there are people, especially once you take in-grouping into account. One group may have completely different rules for how cismales should behave than another.

Well, that's my point, alot of men on this board are complaining specificity about women & feminism and how its destroying men and emasculating them so i think its worth questioning how men embrace themselves? What really makes you a man besides a penis? (because im not sure a woman could really take that from you)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
I recently went to register for a marathon happening in my city. I soon found out it was an all woman marathon. I had to watch from the sidelines because of my gender.

Men should get together and get an "all man" marathon, i wouldn't have a problem with that (im a woman)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Well, I'm in a happy and stable monogamous relationship so it's working out ok

I'm actually curious if anyone knows why higher education is gender imbalanced towards women these days, I'm pretty sure the application process is supposed to be gender-blind (who knows if it actually is).

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

It's the pendulum syndrome, 100 years ago women were not treated equally, now it has swung too far the other way, it will take some time to come back the middle again.

How do you explain this then? It's from 1908, a time when women supposedly were oppressed by the evil patriarchy!

menstribune.com...

Feminism was never good. First wave was bad enough, and all subsequent "waves" just built upon it. It's a mythology of hate. It seems people are finally beginning to wake up to this, and feminists have taken notice, complaining about how "feminism" is now somewhat of a "dirty word".

How can something like feminism even occur if there was no cause for it in the first place?? Why would any woman who was content with her life even bother with something like feminism if she had no use or interest in it? Or do women just get political for kicks and giggles?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

menstribune.com...

From your link, emphasis mine.

Most women in England are still under the in-
fluence of the earlier polity of the Church and of
Christendom. They do not dispute the duty of female
subordination, and do not in fact as yet think of exer-
cising the more flagrant of these new-fangled legal sex-
privileges.
The utmost pitch of domination that the
majority have reached to is a noticeable increase in the
display of overbearing manners towards their husbands,
and other male dependents, and the palpable conscious-
ness that the threat of a ''public scene'' will bring the
scene-hating Englishman to his knees.

The book was written by an author that was scared of losing his God-given dominance over women. This is what first-wavers were dealing with, and why animosity was so strong. Luckily, since then, it has faded to what it is now, and women enjoy many (still not all) of the legal protections afforded to men.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
i grew up in world were women said to be equal to men and as ive gotten older i have seen that not to be true, women are better at certain aspects of this life, as men are better at certain aspects of this life, WE ARE NOT EQUAL, we can and have for years lived together and obviously succeed since our word population is going up, i think the whole feminist movement is just a bandwagon for sheep to jump on to make themselves feel as there not part of the heard, and i swear to God if another chick with a fohawk tries to punch me i will treat her as if she was a man(BINK...right in the jaw)........EQUALITY FOR ALL
edit on 7-6-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by evanmontegarde
reply to post by jhn7537

Well, I'm in a happy and stable monogamous relationship so it's working out ok

I'm actually curious if anyone knows why higher education is gender imbalanced towards women these days, I'm pretty sure the application process is supposed to be gender-blind (who knows if it actually is).

Well it probably is 'hard' to study with all that tail walking around campus...haha

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Are you implying that women are peaceful creatures?

Seeing as this thread generalizes both sexes then yes, that is what im implying.

Then you're wrong. Statistics have shown that about half of all violent confrontations in domestic violence cases are started by women. The majority of cases of violence against children involves women. Women like Condoleezza Rice, Margaret Thatcher, Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton are proof that putting more women in power won't magically make war a thing of the past. Simply put, all evidence points to the conclusion that women are not any more peaceful than men.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
i grew up in world were women said to be equal to men and as ive gotten older i have seen that not to be true, women are better at certain aspects of this life, as men are better at certain aspects of this life, WE ARE NOT EQUAL, we can and have for years lived together and obviously succeed since our word population is going up, i think the whole feminist movement is just a bandwagon for sheep to jump on to make themselves feel as there not part of the heard, and i swear to God if another chick with a fohawk tries to punch me i will treat her as if she was a man(BINK...right in the jaw)........EQUALITY FOR ALL
edit on 7-6-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

Your sexism is showing.

Why wouldn't you defend yourself from anyone trying to attack you, regardless of gender? Your reluctance to hit a woman is your own sexism, not anyone else's.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Then you're wrong. Statistics have shown that about half of all violent confrontations in domestic violence cases are started by women.

Could you cite that statistic please?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join