It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a Sexist Thread! (Men's Rights)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
Obviously.

But I don't think morals have to be brought into it. The people who prey on what they percieve as the weakness of others, probably find some good in it, or at least some utility. Try telling them they are being "bad." My guess is they won't believe you.

And this is the sad thing; we can not even agree on morality. We have some believing that compassion is the highest virtue and we should care for ourselves, family, friends, and the world. Then, we have some who believe that power is the highest virtue and they want to control others - under this view of morality of course they'll see themselves as "good" because they are powerful.

It is sort of like a moral war where you have 'The Compassionate vs The Powerful' and what usually happens is that the compassionate people get taken advantage of by the powerful or the compassionate goes to a higher level and then turn into the power-minded.

This is one of the major problems - that we can't even agree on moral rules. If only there were some middle ground between the two, but then people probably wouldn't even agree on that.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Since the OP has simply ignored the question, am I to simply infer that the he cannot name even a single right that has been violated?

This is a pretty big thread, so surely someone can come up with one documented right that has been violated!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Feminism isn't really about men or man-hating at all, as I used to think. It's about women who hate more desirable women. That's why it's always the fat/ugly types who become feminists; they can't stand the fact that guys go for attractive women instead of them so they deride the traditional female gender role out of jealousy.
edit on 7-6-2012 by SilentKoala because: (no reason given)

link   
Women are always feeling sorry for themselves, despite the fact there is nothing holding them back.

link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
The male/female equal rights issue is very similar to the race issues and equal rights, what was intedned and wanted and agreed upon was that of EQUAL RIGHTS FOR ALL...what has happend is an overcorrection in the opposite direction. This again is counter-productive to what we all origionally sought and agreed upon, which was equality.

We are no closer to equality today than we were 40 years ago, in fact we are getting farther away from it in the other direction. Just as someone who almost drives off the right side of the road, freaks out, overcorrects and ends up driving off the left side of the road...

I also personally believe that the majority of society has a huge misunderstanding of "equality" as they want to forcefully create it. They want to bring some people down and elevate others up so were all on the same level, this isn't right. Equality is about making sure all have the same OPPORTUNITY to bring themselves to the same level with others without being hindered because of who they are...

The laws put in place that MANDATE certain percentages of eployee base be of certain demographic ratio are an example of how society tries to force equality and ultimately makes things worse. Society needs to acknowledge differences and foster their strengths and weaknesses instead of viewing either as universally inferior or superior.

And WHY did this happen? Because, like every other well intentioned movement, it was infiltrated by psycho/sociopaths who found a way to use it to THEIR advantage.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

In my view (not the OP's), it is not that 'rights' have been violated, rather, the equality between men and women has not been balanced.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs
Since the OP has simply ignored the question, am I to simply infer that the he cannot name even a single right that has been violated?

This is a pretty big thread, so surely someone can come up with one documented right that has been violated!

Girls are allowed to tryout for the mens wrestling and football teams, but a guy cant play womens softball... SEXIST...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

It's not about violating specific legal rights, it's about double standards. Women can have things like women-only gyms, but if men had such a thing it would be criticized as sexist. Double standards don't belong in a society that is supposedly based on equality.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Four Words: B1tches Be Crazy Yo!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You are so right. I am a 6'2" hetero male with a lovely lady at my side. I have gay friends, I hug my gay friends, I love my gay friends. I work in a profession that is historically feminine (nursing). I love my job. I have straight male friends who are like family, I hug them. I have female frineds that are like family, I hug them, I hug my patients. I am a big affectionate guy. My nickname at work is "teddybear."

The "alpha male" types can't stand me. They think I'm "closet gay." I don't care what they think, I am happy with life. When something is really sad I cry, and I don't hide it. I have not taught my 3 boys to never cry. I have taught my children to be very aware of social conditioning, and to not let it hamper their happiness.

If you are an "alpha male" type, and wish to challenge my manhood I'll gladly exercise a bit of my 8 years of martial arts training, and mop my floor with your worthless posterior. If you are a predator and enter my home you'll have a closed casket funeral in your future. I can protect, provide, and comfort without compromising. I have respect, responsibility, and versatile ability. What else defines a "real man?"

I don't worry about extremists male or female, feminazis are just the female versions of alpha male chauvenists, no real difference. Ignore them they are miserable people. The true strenghth of a real man, and a real woman is to see past all the BS, and make a life for each other, and tell society when it's rules are inappropriate, and counter productive to go take a hike. The only problem being that some of societies stupid rules get made into law, like the child support system. Then you just have to take your lumps, and move on. I speak from experience BTW.

If you are a good man, find a good woman, don't waste your time on the bad ones, and vice versa. Then realize the ultimate truth men, and women ARE NOT EQUAL. We are congruent. Neither is more or less important, neither is less vital, but in many ways we are dynamically opposed by design, and that is a good thing, and a natural law. We are physiologically, phsychologically, and spiritually different creatures. Appreciate the differences, and quit trying to subjugate each other. We fill different roles. Women cannot do what men do as well as men do it. Forget that lie. Neither can men do what women do as well as a woman can do it. Our society has just confused our roles, and purpose.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

This is one of the major problems - that we can't even agree on moral rules. If only there were some middle ground between the two, but then people probably wouldn't even agree on that.

And in your own post I see a flaw - "Rules"

once you throw "rules" into the mix, a need for those to enforce said rules arises, which then can give birth to those who are / can be/ think they are powerful. And that mindset in this circumstance i NOT incorrect because a need arose for such a thing.

Now what?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Girls are allowed to tryout for the mens wrestling and football teams, but a guy cant play womens softball... SEXIST...

Which amendment to the constitution does that violate?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Does it need to violate an amendment to be considered wrong??? Fair is fair, no?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala

It's not about violating specific legal rights, it's about double standards. Women can have things like women-only gyms, but if men had such a thing it would be criticized as sexist. Double standards don't belong in a society that is supposedly based on equality.

So, if it isn't about legal rights, what is stopping you from creating a men's club like the one below?

republicanmensclub.com...

link   

Does it need to violate an amendment to be considered wrong??? Fair is fair, no?

Do you not understand what a right is?

link   

We allow you to have our babies, cook our dinners and clean our homes.... What more do you want??? Sheesh......

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Furbs

In my view (not the OP's), it is not that 'rights' have been violated, rather, the equality between men and women has not been balanced.

So what exactly are you looking for? Equal protection under the laws.. that aren't being violated? I am confused. Are you asking for thought police?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Do you not understand what a right is?

In the words of Stephanie Tanner (Full House)...."How Rude"

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

We allow you to have our babies, cook our dinners and clean our homes.... What more do you want??? Sheesh......

Really? That argument in a thread about how a man feels subjugated?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

I'm just having fun with you, relax...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join