It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Daddy, can I have some water?": 'Dead' boy wakes up at his own funeral and asks for a drink

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Hello, just thought this was a very strange news article that might be of some interest to ATS readers. I have searched to see if this has already been discussed on ats but couldn't find anything, apologies if it has.

6 Jun 2012 21:22 "Daddy, can I have some water?": 'Dead' boy wakes up at his own funeral and asks for a drink
The boy startled grieving relatives only hours after doctors were unable to resuscitate him during treatment for pneumonia A dead boy sat up in his coffin just before his funeral and asked for a glass of water – then lay back down again lifeless. Kelvin Santos, two, startled grieving relatives only hours after doctors were unable to resuscitate him during treatment for pneumonia.
He apparently smiled, looked round, drank his water then reclined back in his coffin. Dad Antonio Santos could not wake Kelvin again and carried him to hospital in Belem, northern Brazil. But doctors were mystified as to what happened and confirmed he was indeed dead.
Mr Santos said: “During the wake I held Kelvin and said, ‘son, come back to daddy’. “And a few hours later my son sat up in the coffin and said, ‘daddy, give me water’. “Everybody started to scream. We thought a miracle had taken place and our boy had come back to life. "Then he lay down again and didn’t move again. We couldn’t wake him.” Kelvin died from pneumonia and respiratory failure in Aberlardo Santos Hospital at 7pm on Friday following a five-day fever.
His family held a wake throughout the night at home and at 3pm the following day, an hour before the funeral, mourners said the lad came to life. Convinced that his son was a victim of medical malpractice, Mr Santos has now registered a complaint with police. He said: “Dead people don’t just wake up and talk. I’m determined to find out the truth.” Police said they are investigating.

see link www.mirror.co.uk...

Mod Note/Ex Tags: Posting work written by others...

edit on 6/6/2012 by kosmicjack because: fixed tags

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The body is fascinating when things like this happen, almost sound like the poison Juliet took to fake her death. But this kid didn't wake up fully.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Minnie1985

Well guys.. Hell has frozen over

And pigs can fly

Sh^t has been gettin real lately. First zombies, then xmen, and now this.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I have a very sneaky feeling things are going to keep getting more weird as time passes....

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This sort of thing happens more that we are ever told.
Remember the case of the baby, supposedly dead at birth? His mother held him for a while and he began breathing. Is still alive and well.
Then there was the case of a lady supposedly dead and in one of those clear body bags. Her family was sitting with her when they noticed steam building up inside the bag..Yeah, she was still alive and lived on to tell the tale.

I think it is past time for the medics to find a more accurate method of determining death.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Strange - was the boy not embalmed before
the funeral? If he was there is no way this
could happen - otherwise maybe so.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
WOW! Don't bury him just yet, he may get back up in 3 more days and start walking on water and stuff!

I'm surprised that they had a funeral for him the very next day after death though. Is it not normal to take a few days to a week to get everything in order? That would be my first question to the validity of the story!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
How freaking horrifying for the family. My initial inclination was to make jokes but seriously having your child wake up, then die all over again? At his funeral.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
i've found another link with a little bit more info, i'm only mentioning this bit as it may or may not have some relevance,

[ He was declared dead at 7.40pm on Friday and his body was handed over to his family in a plastic bag. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
How freaking horrifying for the family. My initial inclination was to make jokes but seriously having your child wake up, then die all over again? At his funeral.

This article filled me with sadness... I have two young boys myself, and I can't even imagine the heartache that poor boy's family is going through. So very, very sad.

If something like that happened to me, I think I'd die on the spot from my heart breaking.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
LOL

They had the funeral just HOURS after he allegedly died in hospital?

you guys are ridiculously gullible

edit: after a closer look it seems more time may have taken place, although the article insinuates otherwise at the start "The boy startled grieving relatives only hours after doctors were unable to resuscitate him"

Creepy ....
edit on 6-6-2012 by HIWATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I guess this could fall under the recent zombie threads.

Too weird and do you believe it when the doctors tell you the second time he is dead? I am thinking I wouldn't bury him right away.

Remind me never to go to Brazil for medical treatment.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Exactly. That must have been torture for his family. Not cool.
It's like God punk'd the family.
I would've been devastated.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Minnie1985

Well, if we give a chance for some rational logic to rule the planet again, the only conclusion is, the kid is not dead. Hope they did not bury or cremate him.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Check the stomach for water? perhaps?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
So very sad if indeed true.

Heartbreaking.

To the ignorant above, some cultures bury their dead immediately. Ican't understand people even finding a funny side to this, wtf is wrong with you.?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by one_small_step
So very sad if indeed true.

Heartbreaking.

To the ignorant above, some cultures bury their dead immediately. Ican't understand people even finding a funny side to this, wtf is wrong with you.?

Calm down.

You can bury the dead immediately but this article off the hop mentioned a wake, the child in a coffin.. obviously preparations have to be made. A wake includes any number of people that have to be contacted and a time arranged for the gathering, not to mention the purchase of a coffin, preparation of the body etc etc.

As I said it seems more time had passed than initially insinuated after which I edited my post.

edit: and there is no funny side to this. at first glance it seemed like a hoax. that's all.

edit on 6-6-2012 by HIWATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Besides the topic, there's something strange with this, as I cannot find any Brazilian source for it, only sources in English with the same text.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Strange - was the boy not embalmed before
the funeral? If he was there is no way this
could happen - otherwise maybe so.
That's not strange, as embalming is not used that much around the world. Here in Portugal I never heard of it being used.

Also, I suppose it costs even more money.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
You'd think the authors would take the trouble to write some basic details about this in their article - where did this occur? No mention of a location - other than the image of a map. Do we just assume it was in Belem, Brazil?. What happened to the kid? Is he alive or dead? He sat up, asked for water, laid back down, then what? The father says he is suing for medical malpractice, okay, great, but what happened to the kid???

Poor kid...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join