It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
You'd think the authors would take the trouble to write some basic details about this in their article - where did this occur? No mention of a location - other than the image of a map. Do we just assume it was in Belem, Brazil?.
What happened to the kid? Is he alive or dead? He sat up, asked for water, laid back down, then what?
... and didn’t move again. We couldn’t wake him.”
Child given up for dead in the coffin
Case occurred during wake of the child
Pará - A situation at least strange is being investigated by the Civil Police from Icoaraci, Belém District. One child, who had been declared dead, has shown signs of life inside the coffin, in his own wake. According to the father, the child came to talk with family and asked for water. Earlier on Tuesday (5), the family held a protest in front of Abelardo Santos Hospital, where the child has been treated.
According to the family, the case happened at dawn on Saturday (2), in the house where he lived on the island of Cotijuba. The boy Kelvin Santos, two years and three months old, declared dead by doctors at the Hospital Abelardo Santos in Icoaraci on Friday (1), gave the first signs of life. 'His aunt noticed that he was still breathing, and a little later, he opened his eyes, "said the father, the farmer Antônio Santos, stating that the first signs of life were perceived around 0h40.
After that, according to the father, the child would have returned to an immobile state, as if he were really dead. The wake then followed its course until about 15h, when another unexpected situation occurred. According to the father, the boy lifted from the coffin and said, 'Father, give me water,' he reported. Still scared of the fact, Antônio tried to take the doctor from the health clinic on the island to his home, but as he failed, took the child, unconscious, to the health unit where he was evaluated. 'The doctor assured him that he was dead, "lamented the father.
Considering this fact, the father decided to wait another hour because the funeral was scheduled for the 16 hours, hoping that the boy woke up, what did not happen. The boy then was buried in the cemetery of Icoaraci. The father blames the Abelardo Santos Hospital for the evaluation. He filed a complaint in a police precinct in Icoaraci to clarify the case.
The case - the boy's father complained that there was error in the assessment of the child. The child seen at Abelardo Santos Hospital with pneumonia, on Friday (1), have been subjected to excessive applications of aerosol, which would have caused a respiratory arrest. 'He made four applications, and the third said he was not holding up and asked me to stop. When I went to the doctor, he said he had to do because of the severity of the case, "said her father.
Then, according to the father, the child had a respiratory arrest and was transferred to the resuscitation room at about 19:30. Fifteen minutes later, the doctors reported that the boy had died. 'They already brought him in a plastic bag saying he had stopped breathing, "lamented the father.
The burial document of the child listed the cause of death respiratory failure, dehydration and pneumonia.
Another side-note in the State Department of Health (SESPA), the Director of the Regional Hospital Abelardo Santos (HRAS) reported that the patient KSS, two years and seven months, coming from the island of Cotijuba, was admitted to the 15h34 last Friday (1), with fever for five days and breathlessness for three days. He was accompanied by his father, Antonio Carlos F. dos Santos. The boy was examined by the doctor on duty, found that dehydration and pneumonia, requesting laboratory tests and X-ray.
Also according to SESPA at 19:30, the duty of the evening was called to find the child with cardiac arrest. The patient was taken to the serious cases room, where he underwent resuscitation procedures, but without success. The death occurred at 19:40. The death certificate shows cause of death as respiratory failure, pneumonia and dehydration.
Badly shaken by the news, the father, according to SESPA, was received by the Social Service of HRAS. On that occasion, he said he was unable to afford the funeral, so funeral help was asked from the Pope John XXIII Foundation (Funpapa). The Sespa said the body was released at 23h08.
The boy also had burped and spit out a piece of cotton. A relative put some anointing oil in the boy's mouth. Antônio hugged his son and took him on a bike to the Cotijuba Health Unit.
Once there, the doctor on duty gave the child as dead. "He (doctor) said if my son was alive he would have died on the way to hospital." The father believes that the HRAS was negligent and that could have saved the boy's life. "I want justice. He had a chance to get out of here alive, "he protested, with tears in his eyes.
"I said, God, if You exist, bring my son back," said the father of Kelvys Santos, two years, which, according to death certificate, died on the night of Friday (01) at the Regional Hospital Abelardo Santos (HRAS), in Belém
Also according to Antônio Carlos, a psychologist at the hospital had advised not to seek the Institute of Forensic Medicine (IML) on account of fees for services that were supposed to be charged the family. A spokesperson for the IML says the Scientific Expertise Center (CPC) Renato Chaves does not charge any fee to perform the procedures. "All our services are offered free to the population and the costs are borne by the state government. In case of natural death, people may ask for a Death Verification Service (SVO), which is performed totally free of charge, "explains a spokesperson for the Center of Expertise.